FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > NCT staff

NCT staff

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone else find that NCT staff are very unfriendly and some are rude and not very nice, or is it just me.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"Does anyone else find that NCT staff are very unfriendly and some are rude and not very nice, or is it just me. "

Did the car fail

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Same as every job you may just have got them on an off day

considering they have had their hours cut (less wages) along with increased workload (extra cleaning) you can't really blame them for being unfriendly

By *-ManMan  over a year ago

Kark

"considering they have had their hours cut (less wages) along with increased workload (extra cleaning) you can't really blame them for being unfriendly "

Fair point but way before covid many of them were that way.

There are some nice people working there but yes a larger percentage aren't the most friendliest.

My mechanic mate calls them "failed mechanics"

By *obshortMan  over a year ago

Cork

Never had a problem with the staff in my local centre. Always friendly and helpful.

I've been to a few different centres and it depends, for me some definitely less friendly than others

By *ohndunboyneMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

I always find them nice. Abrupt but courteous and helpful.

By *ubcpl05Couple  over a year ago

Dublin

We find the staff in Drogheda are fine

Staff in limerick are grand my car has never failed

By *urfdudeMan  over a year ago

WEXFORD

"considering they have had their hours cut (less wages) along with increased workload (extra cleaning) you can't really blame them for being unfriendly "

They were rude and abrupt pre C-19.

Customer service skills are lacking and they seem disinterested and bored. It’s the nature of the job it is very repetitive.

If you complain they will fail your car !

Typical Ireland

I'm on the spanners near 20 years and personally I couldn't do it, apart from the fact it would be mind numbingly boring and repetitive,

The social aspect of relaying information daily of why the vehicle failed to customers who will then criticise or question either the tester or the guy who worked on the car previously,would have to be soul destroying

(insert puke emoji)

Add in the tinfoil hat customers who think the testers need a certain ratio of failures to the mix (FML)

It's a job someone has to do unfortunately similar to the traffic warden albeit a level or two above on the humanity scale

And yes I have worked with a guy many moons ago who works there and i can honestly say i wouldn't let him repair a puncture on a BMX

I've never found them to be anything but polite.

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

Did you drive over their toe by any chance

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I fully understand that they may have reasons to be unhappy in their work (a lot of people do) but when dealing with the public surely it doesn’t take much to be courteous and friendly. Of course everyone has an ‘off’ day (don’t we all). Before Covid and down through the years I have found most of them abrupt and unfriendly.

Maybe it’s just me and my demeanour

I never take issue if I have a failure as I believe all vehicles should be roadworthy and I do look after mine. Yes my vehicle did pass

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I couldn't be arsed if they're unfriendly or not. It's the car that gets checked not myself.

Keys in, coffee time, keys back. Nct report tells me everything I need to know, no point in arguing with them.

By *ickheadcuntCouple  over a year ago

Cork Ireland

Working in a place where you get constant abuse, you can't blame them for having there guard up.

Been told I'll kick the shit out of you and I'll shoot you. Nevermind every cunt in the country trying to bribe you doesn't help

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"Working in a place where you get constant abuse, you can't blame them for having there guard up.

Been told I'll kick the shit out of you and I'll shoot you. Nevermind every cunt in the country trying to bribe you doesn't help "

I've never been in an NCT test so I cant comment on their staff

However I can tell you sometimes its an absolute nightmare dealing with the general public

Dog's abuse out of their mouth and if you answer back ....email straight into the boss and it's always your fault

I've always found them to be sound. Last time the mechanic told me that there was a very minor issue that he wasnt going to flag, but told me to sure to everything else got fixed properly for the retest. Because if I need to do the full NCT again, the next mechanic mightn't be so forgiving.

By *ittyMissKittyWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"I've always found them to be sound. Last time the mechanic told me that there was a very minor issue that he wasnt going to flag, but told me to sure to everything else got fixed properly for the retest. Because if I need to do the full NCT again, the next mechanic mightn't be so forgiving."

I've always found them to be good. They have to try and keep some anonymity with customers due to the nature of what they are doing.

And having worked in a job for almost ten years where I was front facing and had to deal with all kinds of abuse from all kinds of people I cant blame them for not engaging too much with the people that come in! If they were to be seen chatting etc people would complain that they weren't working hard enough. You cant win

In fairness, NCT guys will tell you what needs to be done to get the car back on the road.

Private Mechanics will be your best friends in order to convince you that you need €1000 of parts and labour before even taking your car to the NCT centre.

While “NCT Mechanic and horny customer” isn’t my roleplay of choice, at least they’re straight forward about their job

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I have always found them to be grand to deal with ans to be fair considering the amount of abuse I have seen them get when someone car fails I don't blame them for not being overly chatty to customers.

Never had a problem, in fact my car passes every year because the testers usually love it

It shouldn’t pass

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

To be fair the amount of abuse they get must be massive,still tho..I've said before anyone dealing with the public has to have a personality

By *urfdudeMan  over a year ago

WEXFORD

Dealing with the public is never easy

They have a tough job and can’t win buy manners cost nothing either

It’s harder to be rude than polite

By *issme39Woman  over a year ago

kildare

never had a problem with them to be honest, car passes or fails and im on my way.

Come across one or two moody guys. I just smile and chat away annoy the more lol. If people can't handle dealing with the public get a different job the hassle and grief not worth it.

By *allyWally19Woman  over a year ago

The Road to Nowhere

Never had an issue with any of the staff in my local test centre. They all seems friendly enough

By *uttingstagsMan  over a year ago

Navan

"Does anyone else find that NCT staff are very unfriendly and some are rude and not very nice, or is it just me. "

I find the ones in Kells ( I’m assuming you go there looking at your location ) ok, better than ok actually.

By *uttingstagsMan  over a year ago

Navan

"Working in a place where you get constant abuse, you can't blame them for having there guard up.

Been told I'll kick the shit out of you and I'll shoot you. Nevermind every cunt in the country trying to bribe you doesn't help

I've never been in an NCT test so I cant comment on their staff

However I can tell you sometimes its an absolute nightmare dealing with the general public

Dog's abuse out of their mouth and if you answer back ....email straight into the boss and it's always your fault "

Absolutely amen to that. You go out of your way for 9 decent people and it’s all good and than the 1 in 10 comes around and sickens your whole bloody day.

» Add a new message to this topic