By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

the eternal debate, To Snip or Not Snip ... the pros & cons

Is getting the Snip the manly thing to do for you partner

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *B 4099Man  over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

"the eternal debate, To Snip or Not Snip ... the pros & cons

Is getting the Snip the manly thing to do for you partner"

If you both don't want more kids for certain, then I'd say yes.

By *NawtyCplCouple  over a year ago

Around and about

Manly ...no. Responsible ....yes

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Its easy its quick,its fairly painless,its easier for a man to get that done than a woman to get sterilised and no hormonal side effects.

Doesn't change the look or feel of your cum

By *ornyfireCouple  over a year ago

Middle Earth

Snip, if your family is complete and your both happy to do it.

Hubby did it last year and it's really improved our sex life, we were always taking chances with condoms and then wondering for a week or two. The pill never suited me.

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

Believe it or not if you get the snip there is still the very very slight chance for women to still get pregnant sorry if that has now caused the women to think wtf

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Once you are done hang up the boots and get the snip...reduces so much risk

By *eductively_SweetWoman  over a year ago

wexford

I got my tubes tied at the age of 29 best decision I ever made.

If you're sure you don't want to father more children, absolutely the best idea.

somewhere

"I got my tubes tied at the age of 29 best decision I ever made. "

Not trying to pry to much into your private life but did you get much hassle trying to get it done

My brother was refused by 2 doctors to get the snip because he'd no kids

I ended up bringing him to a clinic in Dublin to get it done

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

i wish id gotten my tubes tied when i had the c section on the last one. Were careful anyway but the pill has been iffy to say the least in the past. hence why we have 4 and i probably wouldnt be having the issues im having right now either. hindsight is a wonderful thing

wexford

"I got my tubes tied at the age of 29 best decision I ever made.

Not trying to pry to much into your private life but did you get much hassle trying to get it done

My brother was refused by 2 doctors to get the snip because he'd no kids

I ended up bringing him to a clinic in Dublin to get it done "

It was easy for me I had

3 c-sections so they were happy to

somewhere

Does getting tubes tied for a woman create all sorts of hormonal problems during menopause years.

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

"Does getting tubes tied for a woman create all sorts of hormonal problems during menopause years."

my aunt got it done in her early 30's and shes going through menopause now and shes not having any more issues than any other woman

wexford

"Does getting tubes tied for a woman create all sorts of hormonal problems during menopause years."

That I dont know but I assume it would be different for every woman

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

I would suggest approaching the subject with your partner.

If you have both decided (that is if you have a partner, given that you mention this in the question, it is my presumption), that your family is complete, then the question, why a vasectomy over other contraceptive methods.

Those methods being:

Pulling out, not particularly safe prevention of unwanted pregnancy, but natural.

Condoms, such hassle and loss of sensation for you, massive mood killer.

Sterilisation for her, a lot more invasive than a vasectomy.

Hormones for her, come in lots of various forms, may all have different side effects...I know they do on me!!! But every woman is different... discuss with your partner!

If you decide a vasectomy is the way to go, get advice from your GP!!! With several referrals and ask lots of questions on appointment, anything and everything you can think of, pre procedure, during and post procedure.

It is still an operation, any operation comes with risk, no matter how minimal!!!

And just to add, I dated a chap last year for a few months who had a vasectomy, which was not only excruciatingly painful but left him with permanent discomfort as there were complications!!! So please bear this in mind, as that obviously can have an impact on your sex life...and who wants that, right?!

somewhere

Think of it as permanent all the same op

Does getting the snip really prevent you from being able to have kids???

They circumcise in infancy in many cultures. Do they reverse the procedure at your Bar Mitzvah when you've reached adulthood then?

This is all new to me :-/

somewhere

"Does getting the snip really prevent you from being able to have kids???

They circumcise in infancy in many cultures. Do they reverse the procedure at your Bar Mitzvah when you've reached adulthood then?

"

Had circumcision and vasectomy done the same year....my mickey looked like a battered sausage.

Mind you not much of an improvement now ffs

Women go through enough, it’s easy and no difference to sex. Way better than condoms or pull out. Bring headphones so you can’t hear!! Need to be 100% sure as reconnect is a big enough op.

No.

"

Wtf?

west

"I would suggest approaching the subject with your partner.

If you have both decided (that is if you have a partner, given that you mention this in the question, it is my presumption), that your family is complete, then the question, why a vasectomy over other contraceptive methods.

Those methods being:

Pulling out, not particularly safe prevention of unwanted pregnancy, but natural.

Hormones for her, come in lots of various forms, may all have different side effects...I know they do on me!!! But every woman is different... discuss with your partner!

If you decide a vasectomy is the way to go, get advice from your GP!!! With several referrals and ask lots of questions on appointment, anything and everything you can think of, pre procedure, during and post procedure.

It is still an operation, any operation comes with risk, no matter how minimal!!!

And just to add, I dated a chap last year for a few months who had a vasectomy, which was not only excruciatingly painful but left him with permanent discomfort as there were complications!!! So please bear this in mind, as that obviously can have an impact on your sex life...and who wants that, right?!

"

The bar is a great method my ex got it done saved on getting condoms and still have the full sensation of sex I think it lasts 3 or 5 years

there is also something not sure of the name of it but I believe it is put up the vagina and I don't mean a femdom it last for like 7 years so plenty of options out there

There's a very real risk of chronic groin pain. Imagine getting kicked in the balls every day for the rest of your life.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Circumcision and vasectomy are totally separate. A circumcised man can still make a woman pregnant.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Also, a circumsicion can't be reversed.

somewhere

Circumcision and vasectomy are totally separate. A circumcised man can still make a woman pregnant. "

Gary is one of the most intelligent men on here and only acting the bollox in a friendly Irish way

Middle Earth

Hubby had it done last year and Dr showed him the length of tube he cut from each side, and as hubby said no way was it going to re attach, after 16 weeks sperm sample checked... All dead. It was definitely effective here and no side effects. So like everything you get what you pay for, would be worth checking out the Dr/Clinic to make sure they are good.

somewhere

"Also, a circumsicion can't be reversed. "

But you get a great present after the op

They made my foreskin into a little purse for me

If you give it a rub it turns into a haversack

Circumcision and vasectomy are totally separate. A circumcised man can still make a woman pregnant.

Gary is one of the most intelligent men on here and only acting the bollox in a friendly Irish way "

Ah Bog M, you flatter too much haha.

But my ruse was no match for you

Had circumcision and vasectomy done the same year....my mickey looked like a battered sausage.

Mind you not much of an improvement now ffs "

Jeeze. Your poor genitals! The local surgery must have had a 2 for 1 offer going on

Those methods being:

The bar is a great method my ex got it done saved on getting condoms and still have the full sensation of sex I think it lasts 3 or 5 years

there is also something not sure of the name of it but I believe it is put up the vagina and I don't mean a femdom it last for like 7 years so plenty of options out there "

I believe you are referring to the Mirena, again, it's hormonal and not every woman can tolerate, I certainly couldn't.

Both my ex-husband and Lee have had vasectomies and both would recommend.

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

Those methods being:

there is also something not sure of the name of it but I believe it is put up the vagina and I don't mean a femdom it last for like 7 years so plenty of options out there "

Yes, these are both hormonal implants...

Hormones used are either a combination of oestrogen and progesterone or the progesterone only method...it is worth investigating if your partner hasn't used any of these before.

The bar is progesterone only implant put into the arm.

The vaginal method is an intrauterine device or commonly called coil, which also releases progesterone.

There is also the pill, progesterone only pill or combined pill...lots of methods available.

But hormones come with lots of side effects, certainly for me!!! On taking the combination of both hormones, I get regular migraines on certain days of my cycle for every cycle!!! And on the progesterone only method, I bleed for 2 weeks out of my cycle minimum, as opposed to what this hormone is apparently supposed to do, lighten or stop the bleeding altogether. So it really is a matter of trial and error where hormones are concerned. Needless to say, I am not on any hormones lol!!! Wouldn't want to inflict permanent bleeding and/or regular migraines on any partner of mine

And very much a matter of, do you want to take the risk where a vasectomy is concerned, which by the way, can also reverse itself, and takes a few months to take!!!

Middle Earth

Those methods being:

Both these are hormonal and effect woman, some swear by them some don't.

Just like the snip we swear by it some don't.

By *r_mrs_studmuffinCouple  over a year ago

narnia

Mr had it done about 5 yrs ago thankfully no issues what so ever and he would highly recommend it

By *oguish1Man  over a year ago

Carrigrohane

Yep had it dome 4 years ago .... The volume of cum is a little reduced ..... Was really simple .... And so much easier then condoms

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

On 24th of August it will be exactly one year since Dirk got the snip.

Cons:

1. He was mildly uncomfortable for a few weeks (not uncomfortable enough not to orgasm or have sex or even go back to work the next day).

2. He felt a dull pain in his scrotum during hard intense pounding.

Pros:

1. No more condoms between us.

2. No more pulling out - we can have sex however we want whenever we want start to very finish.

3. No more pregnancy worries.

4. Piece of mind.

5. No pain of any kind.

6. Partner (me) doesn't have to go through any hormonal disaster experiments.

Missus

west

Those methods being:

there is also something not sure of the name of it but I believe it is put up the vagina and I don't mean a femdom it last for like 7 years so plenty of options out there

I believe you are referring to the Mirena, again, it's hormonal and not every woman can tolerate, I certainly couldn't.

Both my ex-husband and Lee have had vasectomies and both would recommend."

Yeah that's the name I'm still juggling my options it's a big decision

west

Those methods being:

Yes, these are both hormonal implants...

Hormones used are either a combination of oestrogen and progesterone or the progesterone only method...it is worth investigating if your partner hasn't used any of these before.

The bar is progesterone only implant put into the arm.

The vaginal method is an intrauterine device or commonly called coil, which also releases progesterone.

There is also the pill, progesterone only pill or combined pill...lots of methods available.

But hormones come with lots of side effects, certainly for me!!! On taking the combination of both hormones, I get regular migraines on certain days of my cycle for every cycle!!! And on the progesterone only method, I bleed for 2 weeks out of my cycle minimum, as opposed to what this hormone is apparently supposed to do, lighten or stop the bleeding altogether. So it really is a matter of trial and error where hormones are concerned. Needless to say, I am not on any hormones lol!!! Wouldn't want to inflict permanent bleeding and/or regular migraines on any partner of mine

And very much a matter of, do you want to take the risk where a vasectomy is concerned, which by the way, can also reverse itself, and takes a few months to take!!! "

I suppose it just comes down to what someone is more comfortable to do like there is no perfect method like with the vasectomy some has it done with no issues and then you have some where it's a living nightmare

Like no matter what method you use there is still a slight slight chance of getting someone pregnant like with the tubes being tied there is a chance of them untying themselves

By no means I'm no expert on this matter so at the same time I could be talking utter shite lol

By *man79Man  over a year ago

newry dundalk. warrenpoint

Fuck no!! Don’t be making your penis any smaller

By *anticore and bruxaCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

I had it done 6 years ago and it was the best decision we have ever made. It's quick and convenient. Don't have to worry about condoms, pills, unwanted pregnancy and we can have sex whenever and however we want.

Tip: Find a GP whose hands are not shaking. The one I went to must have been in his late 70s, I thought he'll cut my balls off by accident

Snipped 8 years ago...took a haematoma and was in excruciating pain for 3 weeks, apart from that I'd recommend it lol

somewhere

"I had it done 6 years ago and it was the best decision we have ever made. It's quick and convenient. Don't have to worry about condoms, pills, unwanted pregnancy and we can have sex whenever and however we want.

Tip: Find a GP whose hands are not shaking. The one I went to must have been in his late 70s, I thought he'll cut my balls off by accident "

Got mine done by a female doctor who's husband got it done in the same clinic by another doctor.

He didn't trust her not to cut his balls off because they had a fight 2 days previously

By *rinibooWoman  over a year ago

clare

I asked for my tubes to be tied at 31 in the maternity. was told no what if I found another man and wanted kids .

somewhere

"I asked for my tubes to be tied at 31 in the maternity. was told no what if I found another man and wanted kids . "

Its a joke isn't it according to that logic you'd have to wait until the menopause

By *avana_oh_na_naWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

[Removed by poster at 06/08/20 21:09:34]

By *avana_oh_na_naWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Forget what anyone else says, for something like this you really have to think about what you want. I've a friend who was in a solid long term relationship, the missus didnt want more kids so he had the snip. They unfortunately broke up, he's now with someone with no kids and getting it reversed. He says he didnt really want to do it in the first place. Remember its your body, you do what you think is best. Theres worse things than condoms.

west

"Forget what anyone else says, for something like this you really have to think about what you want. I've a friend who was in a solid long term relationship, the missus didnt want more kids so he had the snip. They unfortunately broke up, he's now with someone with no kids and getting it reversed. He says he didnt really want to do it in the first place. Remember its your body, you do what you think is best. Theres worse things than condoms."

That's the exact scenario that would plague my mind so it is a big decision to make life just loves throwing them curve balls at ya

I had the snip about 7 n half years ago. And at the time it was the best decision for both myself and my ex wife. I dont want anymore kids at my stage in life and its not that big of a deal compaired to what the ladies have to endure

Mind you not much of an improvement now ffs "

I had my tubes tied after last child. I was lucky with the doctor I had. I had 2 kids and complications during both births so getting my tubes tied was the best option for me. I wouldn't say I was done with having kids and would certainly loved to have more but both births nearly killed me. I am happy with my decision. It wasn't an easy one to make but its my body and what I felt was best. I know my husband didn't want to get the snip at the time as he wanted more kids so I made the decision to get the tubes tied much to his dismay.

I've wanted to get a vasectomy ever since my son was born. He's 4 now. I spoke to one of the leading surgeons that do the procedure and he refused to do it due to my young age. That was very disheartening.

somewhere

"I've wanted to get a vasectomy ever since my son was born. He's 4 now. I spoke to one of the leading surgeons that do the procedure and he refused to do it due to my young age. That was very disheartening. "

Ring around and you'll find someone that will do it no problem

I thought those attitudes were gone bloody ridiculous

"I've wanted to get a vasectomy ever since my son was born. He's 4 now. I spoke to one of the leading surgeons that do the procedure and he refused to do it due to my young age. That was very disheartening.

I thought those attitudes were gone bloody ridiculous "

Trouble is, lots of older men looking for reversal surgery, which is not always successful.

"I've wanted to get a vasectomy ever since my son was born. He's 4 now. I spoke to one of the leading surgeons that do the procedure and he refused to do it due to my young age. That was very disheartening.

Trouble is, lots of older men looking for reversal surgery, which is not always successful."

Honestly I'd sooner chop it off than have another kid ??????

By *unnyfookMan  over a year ago

Naas

I have snip, I'm forty odd so I nothaving kids. it's not even painful after the first week of getting it done

[Removed by poster at 09/08/20 00:35:59]

I had the snip about 15 years ago and it's not 100% guaranteed to stop pregnancy.

Ask my teenage kid if you don't believe me

Trouble is, lots of older men looking for reversal surgery, which is not always successful."

You are certainly in the know perhaps work experience? Thanks for sharing.

By *nigma2000Man  over a year ago

Keighley

Got done at 29 best thing i did

Snip away, no difference

I thought those attitudes were gone bloody ridiculous "

Not at all. There's no obligation at all to do an entirely elective procedure on anyone. Especially someone who at the time of the consultation may not have come across as though he researched it or thought it all through or convinced the surgeon that he had discussed it openly with his partner also esp if married.

This then can then become a medicolegal issue regarding the consent process further down the line. And as someone else stated the reversal procedure has lowish success rates.

Its got nothing to do with attitudes and isnt ridiculous in the slightest.

» Add a new message to this topic