FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Keinbocks disease??

Keinbocks disease??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

a couple of years ago i was diagnosed with keinbocks disease. I have to go in early October for radial shorting.

I'mq looking for information on recovery time and the success of surgery as their is not a lot of information on line.

Keinbocks disease is not a sexualy transmitted disease nor is it contagious.

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It would be best to talk to both your orthopaedic surgeon and physio about recovery. The surgeon should have had the discussion with you. If he hasn't, speak to him/her or a physio before the surgery. A good physio might have better info on the recovery as well

Thanks Pete i have spoken to both to be honest the consultant i found to be very arrogant this is what he's doing and who am i to question him . The physio said i would be out for 3-4 months with intense physio . What I'm looking for is someone thats had the procedure and can give me their views. Thanks again for your help

By *ed just RedWoman  over a year ago

Dublin City

"

Thanks"

Really ridiculous that you have to state that but I understand why. My health isn’t great and inmce had to spell it out that it’s not an STI. Really upsetting and embarrassing and I was furious.

Hope everything goes well.

"

Thanks

Really ridiculous that you have to state that but I understand why. My health isn’t great and inmce had to spell it out that it’s not an STI. Really upsetting and embarrassing and I was furious.

Hope everything goes well. "

Thank you Red its a rare condition so i thought i better x hope you feel better soon x

I know nothing about the disease besides it affects your wrists, however this advice applies to everyone regardless. If you work at a computer you need to invest in a suitable mouse to avoid wrist strain.

There are flat grip /Penguin / joystick mice that take practice but far more ergonomic. Also, use both a left and right handed mouse to spread the workload to your non-dominant wrist.

It takes 'ages' to get used to, but will save you from ergonomic injury in the long run.

You might find some advice on medhelp they usually have forum's for specific illnesses

"You might find some advice on medhelp they usually have forum's for specific illnesses"

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Sorry for pointing out a spelling mistake but it's Kienbock. Keinbock is German slang for 'no desire'

Good luck with the procedure and speedy recovery.

May I ask who your surgeon is? I've worked with a few and alot of them can be dickheads. You have every right to question your surgeon and if he or she gets offended that's their problem

"a couple of years ago i was diagnosed with keinbocks disease. I have to go in early October for radial shorting.

I'mq looking for information on recovery time and the success of surgery as their is not a lot of information on line.

Thanks"

that sounds real nasty are you the only person that has it or is all county meath infected with it

Thanks for the comments i am a tradesman so i really rely on my hands to work its worrying times.

» Add a new message to this topic