FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Dublin fabbers

Dublin fabbers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Since last night's announcements how're the people of Dublin feeling? Do you think Dublin will set into phase 3 due to high number of cases?

(I want no hate on this tread either... Just genral discussion)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ore of thatMan  over a year ago

skerries

Good luck with that .

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think it will go level 3 tomorrow or Friday alright.

Its a balls for what ever area needs to implement stricter measures but think if they get quicker at actually doing it it will reduce the duration.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

I believe big changes will be announced tomorrow

"I believe big changes will be announced tomorrow "

Yeah probably for the beat but it's heart breaking on all the businesses that will be affected even more!

"I think it will go level 3 tomorrow or Friday alright.

Its a balls for what ever area needs to implement stricter measures but think if they get quicker at actually doing it it will reduce the duration.

"

Fingers crossed anyway! Like kildare did have less and they shut it down Striaght away but this phase plan actually isn't bad (In some senses) like it's shite for me with work related stuff as in the entertainment industry but I'm happy to keep going until its sorted

I think they should have imposed those extra restrictions on the areas that had clusters not the entire capital and county!

By *etergemmaCouple  over a year ago

South Dublin Area

Its nonsense. Most people in south east county dublin actually socialize in bray which is in wicklow.. so ya go to bray for a pint just not dublin.

South Dublin Area

"I think they should have imposed those extra restrictions on the areas that had clusters not the entire capital and county!

"

Absolutely, sure they locked down offaly when most of the cases were in the east, none whatsoever on the galway side.

"Its nonsense. Most people in south east county dublin actually socialize in bray which is in wicklow.. so ya go to bray for a pint just not dublin.

"

Yeah it should be more areas then the whole lot! Surely they kkow where clusters are formed and what kind of transmission

"Its nonsense. Most people in south east county dublin actually socialize in bray which is in wicklow.. so ya go to bray for a pint just not dublin.

Yeah it should be more areas then the whole lot! Surely they kkow where clusters are formed and what kind of transmission "

The logistics of picking areas is mind numbing... at least county bounds are already clearly laid out

By *ORETHANUSCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

"Since last night's announcements how're the people of Dublin feeling? Do you think Dublin will set into phase 3 due to high number of cases?

(I want no hate on this tread either... Just genral discussion) "

Sugarballs. We are booked for weekend in Dublin this weekend

"Since last night's announcements how're the people of Dublin feeling? Do you think Dublin will set into phase 3 due to high number of cases?

(I want no hate on this tread either... Just genral discussion)

Sugarballs. We are booked for weekend in Dublin this weekend"

If you have a cancellation period in the booking Id be checking it

By *ysteryman2009Man  over a year ago

Ireland

It's sad that Dublin has gone that way, the one thing the puzzles me is on RTE last night they said the country is at level 2 and Dublin was double the figures of the rest of the country. In simple maths that would make Dublin level 4, it's very confusing. Lockdown worked for Offaly, Kildare, and Laois. The COVID figures went down and the same should happen in Dublin if people abide by the rules. It's not nice buts its the better option to slow the virus. Stay safe Dubs.

"It's sad that Dublin has gone that way, the one thing the puzzles me is on RTE last night they said the country is at level 2 and Dublin was double the figures of the rest of the country. In simple maths that would make Dublin level 4, it's very confusing. Lockdown worked for Offaly, Kildare, and Laois. The COVID figures went down and the same should happen in Dublin if people abide by the rules. It's not nice buts its the better option to slow the virus. Stay safe Dubs."

Its a little more complicated in Dublin than what happened in Kildare, Laois and Offaly. Those 3 counties had a massive spike nearly over night due to a large work place outbreak that spread into the community. In Dublin it has been a slow rising trend of house to house transmission over last few weeks.

Also got to take into account the population, population density, the daily traffic in and out of Dublin (Airports, Ports, Trains, people comuting into work etc)

It's not that much of a surprise to me that numbers are trending back up in Dublin since the major restrictions were lifted. People carry the virus and people are mixing with each other for work and personal reasons.

"

Similar to where I am out in Maynooth. I might actually get Isserley to come out and visit me now

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Similar to where I am out in Maynooth. I might actually get Isserley to come out and visit me now "

She won't be allowed past The Spa Hotel....they'll have roadblocks

Similar to where I am out in Maynooth. I might actually get Isserley to come out and visit me now

She won't be allowed past The Spa Hotel....they'll have roadblocks "

I guess they will have to spend the day in the spa hotel instead

South Dublin Area

Yeah it should be more areas then the whole lot! Surely they kkow where clusters are formed and what kind of transmission

The logistics of picking areas is mind numbing... at least county bounds are already clearly laid out"

How do you manage that with Bray? Its a suburb of County Dublin at this stage like it or not wickla people

Goverment weret oo quick locking down Laois,Carlow and Kildare a few weeks ago. By that reckoning or train of thought they should be doing same in Dublin, but probably wont.Its a tough call to make. Im travelling up the west coast, stayed in Ennis and Galway so far and theres plenty of places open that shouldnt be. The risk of prosecution is low so people are taking the chance.

The logistics of picking areas is mind numbing... at least county bounds are already clearly laid outHow do you manage that with Bray? Its a suburb of County Dublin at this stage like it or not wickla people "

Wait... Wicklow isn't in Dublin?

» Add a new message to this topic