FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Leaving the site

Leaving the site

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *og-Man OP   Man  over a year ago

somewhere

Just picking up on what someone said about leaving the site and coming back to it again

A fair few profiles say" was here before know the score" and look for people to verify them if they verified them before

Is this bollox and just something they say to try to prove they were verified in the past even if they weren't.

I've seen threads started by someone that says " Im leaving ...goodbye " and 10 mins later...gone and no profile

But then a few weeks later they're back...new name but with the exact same profile / veri's / photos

How does that work

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

It's called attention seeking pure and simple.

By *ed just RedWoman  over a year ago

Dublin City

"Just picking up on what someone said about leaving the site and coming back to it again

A fair few profiles say" was here before know the score" and look for people to verify them if they verified them before

Is this bollox and just something they say to try to prove they were verified in the past even if they weren't.

I've seen threads started by someone that says " Im leaving ...goodbye " and 10 mins later...gone and no profile

But then a few weeks later they're back...new name but with the exact same profile / veri's / photos

How does that work"

Utterly fucked if I know. If you have to have a strop, don’t announce it, my kids don’t even do that shit anymore.

Dublin City

"It's called attention seeking pure and simple. "

Exactly

“Oh please don’t go, you’re so much fun”

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The been here before.. I think that's generally a way to make them seem more verified than they are and therefore more chance of a meet.

The im leaving.. Attention whores

Belfast

I've seen a lady with two profiles on here who appears in my local updates.

Both profiles are virtually identical and in the last year she has announced she was leaving due to some drama or other or because her account was hacked and she has returned with a new profile within days asking those who verified her previously to do so again.

She has done this at least 6 or 7 times in that space of time and yet people reverify her within hours of her return.

Regardless of why she decided to leave why would anyone want to reverify someone who courts drama on every status update?

"I've seen a lady with two profiles on here who appears in my local updates.

Both profiles are virtually identical and in the last year she has announced she was leaving due to some drama or other or because her account was hacked and she has returned with a new profile within days asking those who verified her previously to do so again.

She has done this at least 6 or 7 times in that space of time and yet people reverify her within hours of her return.

Regardless of why she decided to leave why would anyone want to reverify someone who courts drama on every status update?"

Either hoping to get their dick wet or she spins a good story about how things aren't her fault?

Dublin City

There really are some absolute weapons out there. And oh god the drama.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I think some leave just because they get fed up and then after a while come back.

Some have to announce it hoping they will be begged to stay.

Some I have seen already have a new profile before they even leave.

A few people I have met left came back and yes I will veri them again once but when they keep leaving and coming back I won't anymore.

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

There are 2 separate things here I think.

Firstly there are the attention seekers who announce they are going to leave and then change their minds or come and go very quickly. These people are a nightmare.

Secondly there are people who are very experienced on the site, and then leave for good reason due to personal circumstances (NOT attention seeking).. only to rejoin at a later date after a further change in circumstances.

For example, we have both had single profiles with 50+ veris and couples profiles with over 100 veris. We knew A LOT of people on the scene. I think when returning to the site it's OK to ask people who knew you before to verify you.. after all these might be people that a couple would know well and might have fucked multiple times, so who can strongly vouch for someone.

Dublin City

"I think some leave just because they get fed up and then after a while come back.

Some have to announce it hoping they will be begged to stay.

Some I have seen already have a new profile before they even leave.

A few people I have met left came back and yes I will veri them again once but when they keep leaving and coming back I won't anymore. "

I’ve re-verified a couple of guys. Only one ever asked me to tho... that guy we were messaging about. He deserved it tho. 100% genuine reason for leaving.

Belfast

I've no issue with people leaving and coming back. I've done it myself. I've also no issue with people who genuinely know them verifying them again.

It's the ones who make a big fuss about leaving and then return within a few weeks with a new profile and announce their arrival.

I also have an issue with someone returning as a single when they were previously on as a couple and asking others to reverify them.

To me that skews the process because they didn't meet those people as singles and their previous veri was with their partner which is an entirely different dynamic.

I have left twice.

I had actually said in a thread that I was leaving at the end of 2019.. so I guess I'm an attention ho

A few friends veri'd me when I came back.

It really doesn't bother me what people make threads about I just ignore the ones I have no interest in.

I do block the people who say they are leaving at least once a week on their status updates

I love people like this, they make me look so sane and grounded

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

Jez Bogman I thought you were leaving there for a second.

somewhere

"Jez Bogman I thought you were leaving there for a second. "

I think the word most people used was "hoped"

Belfast

"Jez Bogman I thought you were leaving there for a second. "

He did but he came back again so quickly the site didn't even recognise him as UNLOS.

somewhere

"Jez Bogman I thought you were leaving there for a second.

He did but he came back again so quickly the site didn't even recognise him as UNLOS. "

Just as well me being fast impresses some people

Belfast

He did but he came back again so quickly the site didn't even recognise him as UNLOS.

Just as well me being fast impresses some people "

Portia squealed on you

somewhere

Just as well me being fast impresses some people

Portia squealed on you "

That reminds me ...how many hours are left on the countdown clock

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

I think the word most people used was "hoped"

"

Don’t give them the satisfaction

By *ol_ieMan  over a year ago

Dublin west

Have left a couple of times and been gone for years in some instances when i have been in a relationship.

My old profile is still here somewhere but i can't remember the password or havr access to the recovery email anymore.

I don't get the ones that leave and are back in weeks either but they probably have their reasons.

Its hard starting again as a single male but its not impossible

Some people leave for genuine reasons.. me being one of them after a work friend started asking a few awkward questions. Had a few veris when I left. Came back during lockdown and haven't been too bothered about being verified until this covid lark is over. This place seems to be gone to the dogs tho with all the new single males pissing off all the lovely ladies here. Anyway most people are genuine and it's the minority who spoil it for others here. (Feel free to give me a veri tho ?? )

By *hawshank.Man  over a year ago

local

"I've seen a lady with two profiles on here who appears in my local updates.

Regardless of why she decided to leave why would anyone want to reverify someone who courts drama on every status update?"

I know the "lady" your talking about lol. Yeh she has just posted she is leaving once again

By *uriousbi3Woman  over a year ago

Countryside

I left and came back. My only verifications are from the last time I was here.

I didn't give a goodbye speech when I left but then again I wasn't very active on the forums.

I've seen some goodbyes on the forums, some for attention and some just genuinely saying goodbye.

"Just picking up on what someone said about leaving the site and coming back to it again

How does that work"

Before people leave ,the site suggest just to hide profile as the majority return...l've left since first joining ( had enough of timewasters )...but you just get addicted to this joint but like one poster also said above ,l also just left ,didn't put up a big " fab obituary " that l was going ,l mean ,let's call it as it is ..who the fuck gives a fuck who leaves this joint or not ..

By *lavemale66Man  over a year ago

Carlow

"

I know the "lady" your talking about lol. Yeh she has just posted she is leaving once again "

If it's the lady I'm thinking about I just thought she was attention seeking when I seen her latest announcement of leaving.

By *adylaceWoman  over a year ago

Waterford City

I always think you're better off hiding your profile for a while if you're feeling a bit fed up of it. Like was said already. Most of the time we end up back here. My profile is 8 years old. I've taken year long breaks but always just hidden it. The only reasons to actually leave are either you're completely sure you want to leave or if you're looking for a fresh start with a new profile. We all know of plenty of people that do that regularly.

» Add a new message to this topic