FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Restrictions

Restrictions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man  over a year ago

Tipperary

I know we all give out at times but can everyone say they have followed every restriction in every level to a tee? I also see rapid quick fire testing and results is been set up for inter county gaa. I assume it will come in elsewhere also which can only be a good thing.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I followed them 90%. The times I did break them it was walking further than the 2km and 5km limits because I like walks of 10km plus a few times a month or to go for a drive without leaving the car when extremely bored. Never really had people over or went to group events tbf.

Tipperary

"I followed them 90%. The times I did break them it was walking further than the 2km and 5km limits because I like walks of 10km plus a few times a month or to go for a drive without leaving the car when extremely bored. Never really had people over or went to group events tbf. "
I think the people will follow rules in the strictest of lockdowns but when things lesson off they struggle. Its just back to normal life.

I don't think anyone can say they followed them 100% every single day. But on balance, I feel happy with my effort and that I'm doing more than most.

By *im tim timMan  over a year ago

c

and what do ye think of the government going putting fines on people that break the rules and maybe locking up some that break the rules..

"and what do ye think of the government going putting fines on people that break the rules and maybe locking up some that break the rules.."

I think it's perfectly fair. I actually think they should've brought this in sooner.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"and what do ye think of the government going putting fines on people that break the rules and maybe locking up some that break the rules.."

Well the gobshites getting arrested in Grafton street yesterday is well overdue

Hopefully Gemma and Dee end up in prison

Tipperary

I agree with fines to an extent but this lockdown is diff in many ways to first one. Alot more people working, alot more out and about, traffic on the road etc. Gaa ,horse racing ,soccer, rugby all allowed go ahead albeit at an elite level. Everything was stopped last time.

Yes i have, if you havnt then your the reason why there is more restrictions

"and what do ye think of the government going putting fines on people that break the rules and maybe locking up some that break the rules..

Hopefully Gemma and Dee end up in prison "

Gemma wasn't there unfortunately and dee done a runner when the cops appeared although they were tailing the luas she scarpered on.

I did follow them 90% of the time. Was very hard with work as i couldnt work from home during both of these lockdowns. But iam more than satisfied with my efforts compared to all these protests

somewhere

"and what do ye think of the government going putting fines on people that break the rules and maybe locking up some that break the rules..

Gemma wasn't there unfortunately and dee done a runner when the cops appeared although they were tailing the luas she scarpered on. "

We must follow the same twitter accounts I saw the video of her on the luas

They know she organised it so hopefully a dawn raid on her house

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"I know we all give out at times but can everyone say they have followed every restriction in every level to a tee? I also see rapid quick fire testing and results is been set up for inter county gaa. I assume it will come in elsewhere also which can only be a good thing. "

In first lockdown, I followed restrictions 100%.

When things opened up again a little (but before we went to Level 2) I had some socially distant dates, and two meets - not against restrictions but not really in the spirit of the thing!

So far in this lockdown I've followed restrictions 100%... But we're only two days in!

Gemma wasn't there unfortunately and dee done a runner when the cops appeared although they were tailing the luas she scarpered on.

They know she organised it so hopefully a dawn raid on her house "

More then likely. Be nice to see her and Craig face the music

Tipperary

I kayaked down the river this evening. A new pastime.

somewhere

They know she organised it so hopefully a dawn raid on her house

More then likely. Be nice to see her and Craig face the music "

Craig is a dangerous nutcase alright

Tipperary

Tipperarys rate of covid cases more then 50% below the national average yet are still on full restriction along with the rest of the country. Anybody I talk to on covid and restrictions, this is whats driving them mad more then anything.

By *isterstamina2Man  over a year ago

Tralee

I had 2 guy in the shop in Killarney earlier who drove down from Rosslare after coming over from UK on the boat.!!!

By *kcoupleCouple  over a year ago

"Tipperarys rate of covid cases more then 50% below the national average yet are still on full restriction along with the rest of the country. Anybody I talk to on covid and restrictions, this is whats driving them mad more then anything. "

Roughly the same as Offaly Leitrim and very few cases in Wicklow but we have to cop on to know that if restrictions are lifted here in Wicklow we will have day trippers crossing the border from Kildare Carlow and mainly Dublin so we are fine with the lockdown what else do you want to government to do ?

somewhere

Im starting a big job on Tuesday in Dublin

In work today and email in to say all UK contractors bringing their vans and equipment across on Mondays ferry

Tipperary

"Im starting a big job on Tuesday in Dublin

In work today and email in to say all UK contractors bringing their vans and equipment across on Mondays ferry

"

there u go and nothing will be said.

somewhere

there u go and nothing will be said. "

I've sent an email but I'll see what happens on Tuesday before I'll send a crew to the site

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

"

In dublin....or kildare??

Is it intel

somewhere

Is it intel"

No its in Dublin

tipperary

Is it intel

No its in Dublin "

I just realised your from kildare....so youd know where intel is.....

By *oserMan  over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

"I had 2 guy in the shop in Killarney earlier who drove down from Rosslare after coming over from UK on the boat.!!! "

I know of a few polish guys who flew into belfast so they could travel down to Dublin from the north and not have to isolate

Tipperary

"I had 2 guy in the shop in Killarney earlier who drove down from Rosslare after coming over from UK on the boat.!!!

I know of a few polish guys who flew into belfast so they could travel down to Dublin from the north and not have to isolate "

coming to work?

"I had 2 guy in the shop in Killarney earlier who drove down from Rosslare after coming over from UK on the boat.!!!

I know of a few polish guys who flew into belfast so they could travel down to Dublin from the north and not have to isolate coming to work?"

Yup

Told thier employers they were doing them a favour

Employer tolk them to take a hike

I know of a few polish guys who flew into belfast so they could travel down to Dublin from the north and not have to isolate coming to work?

Yup

"

*told

Tipperary

I know of a few polish guys who flew into belfast so they could travel down to Dublin from the north and not have to isolate coming to work?

Yup

"

Yup

"

There are hundreds of trucks with drivers coming off all the ferries daily. Many are Irish resident, they go home - have a day or two off and then head back out to the continent with the next load

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

"I know we all give out at times but can everyone say they have followed every restriction in every level to a tee? I also see rapid quick fire testing and results is been set up for inter county gaa. I assume it will come in elsewhere also which can only be a good thing. "

no its total bullshit..all golf clubs in the republic are closed but yet up north all are open..im going for a game in the next few weeks up there not waiting for 6 weeks to be over ..ill not be stickin the 5km limit ..I spend most time on my own so fail to see how i could be spreading it and wear a mask in every shop..whats most ridiculous is how some of the big retailers have cordened off aisles with non essential items and only allowed to sell food...every shop in the country should be open reason being responsible people are being punished because idiots are holding house parties spreading it everywhere then we all suffer the consequences..I doubt many cases can be attributed to shopping

Dublin

"responsible people are being punished because idiots are holding house parties spreading it everywhere then we all suffer the consequences "

I agree completely! Those of us who are actually abiding by the regulations are suffering... Doesn't sound like you're suffering too much if your main concern is heading up North for a game of golf, into an area with a MUCH higher rate of infection. Why do you think the border counties are in so much trouble? They just really love house parties?

Do what you like but don't be a hypocrite. You ARE one of the irresponsible people you're complaining about.

By *onedbodMan  over a year ago

co Galway

[Removed by poster at 26/10/20 19:36:48]

Tipperary

what makes alot suffer is their life turned sideways. what do I mean by that? job gone plus enjoyments and involvements of everyday weekly life gone. that hits people extremely hard. also if you're a big social bee and love interaction, you might struggle also.

By *assion and MoreCouple  over a year ago

Here and There, Monaghan

I have so far, more by accident than design. Although I will probably meet up with close family in the next week or so. Certainly not meeting anyone or attending any social gratherings other than going to work.

somewhere

"what makes alot suffer is their life turned sideways. what do I mean by that? job gone plus enjoyments and involvements of everyday weekly life gone. that hits people extremely hard. also if you're a big social bee and love interaction, you might struggle also. "

I'd imagine its very hard for those on their own with no job

I'm so thankful I'm still working and interacting with customers and suppliers as I definitely wouldn't cope very well at home

Tipperary

"what makes alot suffer is their life turned sideways. what do I mean by that? job gone plus enjoyments and involvements of everyday weekly life gone. that hits people extremely hard. also if you're a big social bee and love interaction, you might struggle also.

I'd imagine its very hard for those on their own with no job

I'm so thankful I'm still working and interacting with customers and suppliers as I definitely wouldn't cope very well at home "

ye I can imagine somebody who lost their job and living on their own.

By *upermanslovechildMan  over a year ago

Glasnevin

I only broke the 5km distance so I can get to work, which is essential as it's medical based and even at that I'm cycling in not using public transport, other then that I have followed then to a tee.

By *he SophisticatsCouple  over a year ago

Casa Del PURRRR!!

"I only broke the 5km distance so I can get to work, which is essential as it's medical based and even at that I'm cycling in not using public transport, other then that I have followed then to a tee."

This too

Followed the restrictions to a tee, as for the 2k then 5k distance we are exempt due to our jobs. Show our IDs at checkpoints and are waved through

tipperary

Make sure and get out for some exercise when ye can....itll make all the difference..

I think it's perfectly fair. I actually think they should've brought this in sooner. "

Where would they lock them up ? Somewhere where they have a good chance of getting the virus and passing it on ?

"I had 2 guy in the shop in Killarney earlier who drove down from Rosslare after coming over from UK on the boat.!!! "

This is exactly why we are pissing in the wind.

No checks at airports and ports whilst opening the schools and letting the virus run free through the young.

Hard to see how fining people for having parties would make any difference whatsoever.

tipperary

I think it's perfectly fair. I actually think they should've brought this in sooner.

Where would they lock them up ? Somewhere where they have a good chance of getting the virus and passing it on ?

"

No locking up...just fine them..

By *assion and MoreCouple  over a year ago

Here and There, Monaghan

This is exactly why we are pissing in the wind.

No checks at airports and ports whilst opening the schools and letting the virus run free through the young.

Hard to see how fining people for having parties would make any difference whatsoever."

Are you serious

I can say so far I have

By *igglebutt and FoamyCouple  over a year ago

Kildare, Cork

In order to follow the guidelines people have to know what they Are. So far the 5 levels have not been implimented as per advertised/outlined in guidelines, instead there have been exceptions or half measures at every level. If things are serious enough to goto level5 it should have gone to level5 as per outlined not this halfway exception for sports, schools, building, etc. etc. which guarantees continuing in and out of lockdowns.

Dublin

"In order to follow the guidelines people have to know what they Are. So far the 5 levels have not been implimented as per advertised/outlined in guidelines, instead there have been exceptions or half measures at every level. If things are serious enough to goto level5 it should have gone to level5 as per outlined not this halfway exception for sports, schools, building, etc. etc. which guarantees continuing in and out of lockdowns."

Takes less than five minutes to Google it and find out what they are. If you have any inclination of adhering to them, this is not a big or difficult task. If you don't, it's a handy little scapegoat that allows you to not bother your hole.

"In order to follow the guidelines people have to know what they Are. So far the 5 levels have not been implimented as per advertised/outlined in guidelines, instead there have been exceptions or half measures at every level. If things are serious enough to goto level5 it should have gone to level5 as per outlined not this halfway exception for sports, schools, building, etc. etc. which guarantees continuing in and out of lockdowns.

Takes less than five minutes to Google it and find out what they are. If you have any inclination of adhering to them, this is not a big or difficult task. If you don't, it's a handy little scapegoat that allows you to not bother your hole. "

Succinct

Tipperary

"In order to follow the guidelines people have to know what they Are. So far the 5 levels have not been implimented as per advertised/outlined in guidelines, instead there have been exceptions or half measures at every level. If things are serious enough to goto level5 it should have gone to level5 as per outlined not this halfway exception for sports, schools, building, etc. etc. which guarantees continuing in and out of lockdowns.

Takes less than five minutes to Google it and find out what they are. If you have any inclination of adhering to them, this is not a big or difficult task. If you don't, it's a handy little scapegoat that allows you to not bother your hole. "

the houses are already been prepared for the mother of all Xmas parties.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

While I agree that it's not a big deal to familiarise yourself with the rules/guidelines, however it is my opinion that the government and experts didn't have their act together when defining them and as a result they needed correction shortly after introducing them. They clearly failed to define best and worst case scenario which would translate into level 1 and 5. You then go on and define the 3 levels inbetween. It is crucial to keep things simple and clear in order to communicate them.

Anyhow because of those failures we ended up now with a level 4.53, the lovely designed brochure they've sent out to every household is void and useless and communication gets confused. Anyway that's just my two cents worth.

Dublin

Takes less than five minutes to Google it and find out what they are. If you have any inclination of adhering to them, this is not a big or difficult task. If you don't, it's a handy little scapegoat that allows you to not bother your hole.

While I agree that it's not a big deal to familiarise yourself with the rules/guidelines, however it is my opinion that the government and experts didn't have their act together when defining them and as a result they needed correction shortly after introducing them. They clearly failed to define best and worst case scenario which would translate into level 1 and 5. You then go on and define the 3 levels inbetween. It is crucial to keep things simple and clear in order to communicate them.

Anyhow because of those failures we ended up now with a level 4.53, the lovely designed brochure they've sent out to every household is void and useless and communication gets confused. Anyway that's just my two cents worth. "

I don't know if I'm living in an alternate reality, but every news station, radio station, media channel, and person in the country is talking about lockdown practically non stop.

You'd need to dig a hole and bury yourself in it not to know what the current restrictions are.

I'm not saying the government are perfect, we haven't implemented a level cleanly since they were introduced. But that is a flimsy excuse not to adhere to a set of guidelines which are easily accessible and not complex to grasp. If you're not going to do them, just accept that you're selfish, don't blame the government for delivering the guidelines imperfectly.

95% I’d say.

My partner is in limerick and towards the time that you weren’t allowed to leave the county we met another few times. That was all we really did to break restrictions.

We figuring out the next month too. I’m only meeting one housemate all the time so I figure is meeting each other is morally fine still.

[Removed by poster at 28/10/20 04:07:36]

Seems the consensus here is 90% adherence to the guidelines. That seems reasonable.

I think fines are only acceptable in clear cases of acting the total dick. But should be used very sparingly.

Tipperary

Anyhow because of those failures we ended up now with a level 4.53, the lovely designed brochure they've sent out to every household is void and useless and communication gets confused. Anyway that's just my two cents worth.

I don't know if I'm living in an alternate reality, but every news station, radio station, media channel, and person in the country is talking about lockdown practically non stop.

You'd need to dig a hole and bury yourself in it not to know what the current restrictions are.

I'm not saying the government are perfect, we haven't implemented a level cleanly since they were introduced. But that is a flimsy excuse not to adhere to a set of guidelines which are easily accessible and not complex to grasp. If you're not going to do them, just accept that you're selfish, don't blame the government for delivering the guidelines imperfectly. "

I think most stick to them 90 95 % of the time. what I'm really looking to see is what state were in come may if there is no vaccine because imo people are not going to continuously put up with full lockdowns every few months.

Anyhow because of those failures we ended up now with a level 4.53, the lovely designed brochure they've sent out to every household is void and useless and communication gets confused. Anyway that's just my two cents worth. "

I never got any brochure, does that absolve me from following restrictions?

I'm currently breaking rules by continuing to walk my dog on a mountain just over 5 km away, however this doesn't involve meeting a single other human or contact with any surfaces touched by others, so I'm not losing any sleep over it. Nobody is going to contract covid as a result of it.

on the hill NordWest of

I never got any brochure, does that absolve me from following restrictions?"

Yes of course with no official colour coded guideline poster on your kitchen wall you can't be expected to know them all.

on the hill NordWest of

"You'd need to dig a hole and bury yourself in it not to know what the current restrictions are.

I'm not saying the government are perfect, we haven't implemented a level cleanly since they were introduced. But that is a flimsy excuse not to adhere to a set of guidelines which are easily accessible and not complex to grasp. If you're not going to do them, just accept that you're selfish, don't blame the government for delivering the guidelines imperfectly.

"

A fair amount of people don't even understand the concept of 'one person per shopping trolley' or '2m distance'.

It might not be acceptable to you but not everyone will find the guidelines as easy to understand like you do and if you start changing them at the onset it gets confusing.

Why define 5 levels you could play spot the difference with rather than 3 that are simple, clear and comprehensive? (4 and 5 are very similar so are 1 and 2. That's also why we jumped from level 3 straight to 5.) Then go and dillute them further with a fair set of exceptions and introduce the lockdown bubble for the single person household (don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy with the exceptions and welcome the single bubble).

If you go into the nitty gritty of the latter or what 'essential' is it gets a bit more complicated. If you haven't lost people already by your initial rudimental communication fuck ups, you certainly will at this stage.

Finally it's not only about comprehension , it's about motivation, affirmation and encouragement to unite and achive a common goal. If your strategy is limping straight from the beginning you've a problem.

My personal score is somewhere around 85% of sticking to the guidelines and my failure has mostly to do with the exercise radius.

"You'd need to dig a hole and bury yourself in it not to know what the current restrictions are.

A fair amount of people don't even understand the concept of 'one person per shopping trolley' or '2m distance'.

It might not be acceptable to you but not everyone will find the guidelines as easy to understand like you do and if you start changing them at the onset it gets confusing.

Why define 5 levels you could play spot the difference with rather than 3 that are simple, clear and comprehensive? (4 and 5 are very similar so are 1 and 2. That's also why we jumped from level 3 straight to 5.) Then go and dillute them further with a fair set of exceptions and introduce the lockdown bubble for the single person household (don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy with the exceptions and welcome the single bubble).

If you go into the nitty gritty of the latter or what 'essential' is it gets a bit more complicated. If you haven't lost people already by your initial rudimental communication fuck ups, you certainly will at this stage.

Finally it's not only about comprehension , it's about motivation, affirmation and encouragement to unite and achive a common goal. If your strategy is limping straight from the beginning you've a problem.

My personal score is somewhere around 85% of sticking to the guidelines and my failure has mostly to do with the exercise radius. "

Everything is great on paper and then you put people in the mix and it can all go to fcuk. That's just human nature....and that's with a well thought out coherent plan.

This too will pass but we gotta allow for the odd idiot or 10

L

Tipperary

wont it be great when there is not a restriction in sight..

Tipperary

if a person is having a test and you're a close contact, you should isolate but what about close contacts of close contacts?

» Add a new message to this topic