FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Waterford

Waterford

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ooe2342 OP   Man  over a year ago

Offaly/Dublin

Never been to Waterford, going next week for work. Is there much to do down there? Always heard great things!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

nope. everywhere is shut

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

There are not the words in the English language to describe Waterford.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Never been to Waterford, going next week for work. Is there much to do down there? Always heard great things! "

Depends whether your going to the City & County and/or what your looking for but there probably is something to do.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"Never been to Waterford, going next week for work. Is there much to do down there? Always heard great things! "

Probably the wrong time of the year now as you'll be working all day and its dark at night but there's a nice drive along the copper coast and some nice beaches to go for walks on either alone or with good company

Waterford

"There are not the words in the English language to describe Waterford. "

Waterford is obviously awesome mr mccarthy because i live there.

Lucan

"There are not the words in the English language to describe Waterford.

Waterford is obviously awesome mr mccarthy because i live there. "

Top be fair, out Dungarvan way and back up into the mountains is as beautiful as anywhere in the country. The city has suffered a bit over the last decade though.

Waterford

Top be fair, out Dungarvan way and back up into the mountains is as beautiful as anywhere in the country. The city has suffered a bit over the last decade though. "

City is a ghost town and really needs some major injections. Debenhams in the shopping centre went during the first lockdown and sam mccauleys and a lot of small businesses are gone too. theres very little left unfortunately

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

An hour or twos drive westwards is a lot better

Lucan

Top be fair, out Dungarvan way and back up into the mountains is as beautiful as anywhere in the country. The city has suffered a bit over the last decade though.

City is a ghost town and really needs some major injections. Debenhams in the shopping centre went during the first lockdown and sam mccauleys and a lot of small businesses are gone too. theres very little left unfortunately"

I spent a day around the city last summer and couldn't believe how many empty units there were. I remember spending a whole week around the place back in the early nineties, maybe even late eighties, and it had great life to it.

I've been in it a few times since the recession and each time it looks as if someone else has left. Such a shame as it was a nice city for a short break. Stayed in Dooley's a couple of times back in the eighties.

Just count the days until you are back home again!

Waterford

City is a ghost town and really needs some major injections. Debenhams in the shopping centre went during the first lockdown and sam mccauleys and a lot of small businesses are gone too. theres very little left unfortunately

I spent a day around the city last summer and couldn't believe how many empty units there were. I remember spending a whole week around the place back in the early nineties, maybe even late eighties, and it had great life to it.

I've been in it a few times since the recession and each time it looks as if someone else has left. Such a shame as it was a nice city for a short break. Stayed in Dooley's a couple of times back in the eighties. "

a few years back town was the place to be. they keep going on about this fancy new thing thats being built by a crowd from saudi arabia or something but thats being going on years. 100 million shopping centre is ferrybank and only a library open in it

Lucan

I've been in it a few times since the recession and each time it looks as if someone else has left. Such a shame as it was a nice city for a short break. Stayed in Dooley's a couple of times back in the eighties.

a few years back town was the place to be. they keep going on about this fancy new thing thats being built by a crowd from saudi arabia or something but thats being going on years. 100 million shopping centre is ferrybank and only a library open in it "

Waterford

a few years back town was the place to be. they keep going on about this fancy new thing thats being built by a crowd from saudi arabia or something but thats being going on years. 100 million shopping centre is ferrybank and only a library open in it

"

if the council had brains theyd be dangerous i swear to odin

Offaly/Dublin

Should be finished work around lunch time so might head somewhere if the weather is good!

somewhere

"Should be finished work around lunch time so might head somewhere if the weather is good! "

There's a gorgeous walk along Tramore and out further some nice beaches

Lucan

if the council had brains theyd be dangerous i swear to odin"

Odin would've been big in Waterford back in the day!

You've just reminded me of Norsemen on Netflix now. I might just watch it again for about the tenth time.

Waterford

if the council had brains theyd be dangerous i swear to odin

Odin would've been big in Waterford back in the day!

You've just reminded me of Norsemen on Netflix now. I might just watch it again for about the tenth time. "

Go watch barbarians. Battle at the teutoburg fprest between the roman empire and the germanic tribes

By *allyWally19Woman  over a year ago

The Road to Nowhere

"Should be finished work around lunch time so might head somewhere if the weather is good! "

Dunmore East cliff walk is daycent, the greenway is pretty cool, Tramore has a walking route now too I think.

Failing all that, stop into Geoffs...bitta food, few scoops then wake up & realise it's not February & everything is changed

By *ongueandgroove555Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

There's a fantastic road in waterford....it leads to kilkenny

Ya might bump into HOWDO he's great with tourists

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Last time I was in Waterford town ì left depressed. Empty shops and clearly has a terrible homelessness and drugs problem.

Offaly/Dublin

Looks like I’ll be coming straight home after work so. thanks for the suggestions.

By *humper22Woman  over a year ago

waterford

Waterford is to nice a county to just go to the shops. You have the greenway the beautiful coast line and mountains. Plenty to see. I moved to Waterford 5 years ago and love it

somewhere

"Waterford is to nice a county to just go to the shops. You have the greenway the beautiful coast line and mountains. Plenty to see. I moved to Waterford 5 years ago and love it "

Lovely beaches too

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Can honestly say the last time I was in Waterford was a couple of years after the JFK memorial opened so that must have been around 1970

Haven't been back since

somewhere

"Can honestly say the last time I was in Waterford was a couple of years after the JFK memorial opened so that must have been around 1970

Haven't been back since"

Bring some cake and a Tom Hardy DVD ....you'll be grand ....

Belfast

"Can honestly say the last time I was in Waterford was a couple of years after the JFK memorial opened so that must have been around 1970

Haven't been back since

Bring some cake and a Tom Hardy DVD ....you'll be grand ...."

Far from the madding crowd or Return of the native?

Waterford

Haven't been back since

Far from the madding crowd or Return of the native? "

Theres a jfk memorial??

Belfast

Haven't been back since

Theres a jfk memorial??"

It was in New Ross but as that was 50 years ago it's probably Old Ross now

Waterford

Haven't been back since

Theres a jfk memorial??

It was in New Ross but as that was 50 years ago it's probably Old Ross now"

somewhere

Its probably my most visited city in Ireland

I'm down there every week but sometimes just drive down ....have a site meeting and drive back

Sometimes stay over

It's great with the motorways we have now

By *humper22Woman  over a year ago

waterford

"Waterford is to nice a county to just go to the shops. You have the greenway the beautiful coast line and mountains. Plenty to see. I moved to Waterford 5 years ago and love it

Lovely beaches too "

Ssssh dont tell everyone

somewhere

"Waterford is to nice a county to just go to the shops. You have the greenway the beautiful coast line and mountains. Plenty to see. I moved to Waterford 5 years ago and love it

Lovely beaches too

Ssssh dont tell everyone "

I can't remember the fecking name of it

» Add a new message to this topic