berlingo

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man  over a year ago

Tipperary

Van's. good anybody know?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Yes I used to have one. Went forever with very little going wrong. Only sold it as I needed a bigger one.

By *ohng69Man  over a year ago

athenry

"Van's. good anybody know?"
for riding in or what?

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

I have one in my business...cheap to buy and run...serviced once a year ...no problem with NCT

By *ordjeffMan  over a year ago

around and about ,as travel.

No problem at all that and the Peugeot partner as the same

By *scouple07Couple  over a year ago

louth, Ireland

"No problem at all that and the Peugeot partner as the same "

I drove 1 of these last week for a few days, nice little van, usually drive a transit so it was too small for me

Mr Gs

By *iggBadDaveMan  over a year ago

Ards

Pick up new partner van on Friday so will let you know.

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

Yep good vans 3 seats in the front better than 2..the 1.6hdi is very easy on diesel you'll get over 50 to the gallon even if you thrash it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You won't go too far wrong with one

A workmate has one, delighted with it, very reliable and light on fuel. Three seats in front is handy too.

Tipperary

Thanks lads. Have a small ford fiesta but want something bigger but not huge. This could be ideal for me

By *ardyboy54321Man  over a year ago

Fermanagh

Great wee van I wouldn't be afraid of one go for it.

By *willfindyouWoman  over a year ago

Not looking to meet new peeps.

"Great wee van I wouldn't be afraid of one go for it. "
agree ex hubby had one years ago, brilliant super fast I loved it

Tipperary

would anyone have advice on what year to go for? does it make a diff?

If I got one for free I'd burn it, pure garbage.

louth

"If I got one for free I'd burn it, pure garbage. "

There are horror stories with the 1.6hdi.. Eats turbos and injectors like a good thing.. It only holds 3.8 liters of oil which is very little should be around the 5 mark to be safe.. Having said that there are quite a few for sale with 300k+ on the clock and still going strong.. It's like any car you can get a good 1 or a bad 1..what van would you go for?

louth

"would anyone have advice on what year to go for? does it make a diff?"

It's a pity peugeot don't still make the 1.9 dw8.. Might be noisy and only do 45 to the gallon but they were a gem.. Very little to go wrong with them.. Look for low kms whatever you do and service history doesn't really matter the year

"If I got one for free I'd burn it, pure garbage.

There are horror stories with the 1.6hdi.. Eats turbos and injectors like a good thing.. It only holds 3.8 liters of oil which is very little should be around the 5 mark to be safe.. Having said that there are quite a few for sale with 300k+ on the clock and still going strong.. It's like any car you can get a good 1 or a bad 1..what van would you go for? "

Nothing French, VW caddy

louth

There are horror stories with the 1.6hdi.. Eats turbos and injectors like a good thing.. It only holds 3.8 liters of oil which is very little should be around the 5 mark to be safe.. Having said that there are quite a few for sale with 300k+ on the clock and still going strong.. It's like any car you can get a good 1 or a bad 1..what van would you go for?

Nothing French, VW caddy"

Yea caddy or old 1.8 connect were great small vans

By *razy-CplCouple  over a year ago

Cork and surrounding areas

Nothing French, VW caddy"

Caddy is a good van if u have someone else's diesel card lol as it likes it's fuel , berlingo would go on the smell of diesel.

Mr crazy

Just bought a caddy myself, great wagon.

By *anFromMarsMan  over a year ago

North

Depends which 1 you go for, I had a 2006 straight 1.9 diesel, bullet proof but dead as a door nail power wise. HDI has more poke, 1.6HDI is that bit more fuel efficient than the 2ltr but the 1.6 has known issues like turbo going and timing belt issues way before the scheduled time belt change due on the service schedule. 2ltr HDI is the 1 to go for, great workhorse just get 1 with a good service record, if they are kept right they wont cause you any headaches

What’s peoples view on a Renault traffic vans

Was thinking of a 191 there abouts

"What’s peoples view on a Renault traffic vans

Was thinking of a 191 there abouts "

Avoid at ALL cost!!!! Engine/turbo bother, gearbox, electrics.

Pure dirt!

louth

Was thinking of a 191 there abouts "

The new traffic use a 1.6 diesel engine too which imo is far to small an engine for such a large vehicle.. Go for a transit custom similar size with great engine

By *ostringslover888Man  over a year ago

south

Talking while you are naked

By *j69funCouple  over a year ago

kildare

once your not towing heavy loads with them there a grand run around van.

Pure dirt! "

I’ve had a Renault Trafic 4 years now, 220,000Km and not one problem with it. Had a Nissan primastar before that for 6 years with no problems. It’s how you look after them

Tipperary

"Van's. good anybody know? once your not towing heavy loads with them there a grand run around van. "
I'd be mainly using it to carry stuff in the back

Tipperary

ford transit connect also good ye?

louth

"ford transit connect also good ye?"

The older 1.8 diesel connect was a gem.. Great for high miles I have 1 myself.. The 1.8 is a ford diesel made since the 60s but has been discontinued since 2013 unfortunately.. I have 1 myself and love it.. The newer connects have a peugeot 1.6 diesel which has a few mods to make it a ford.. No where near as good as the older engine but it's personal choice.. Newer connects have 3 seats also.. And the brand new connect use a ford 1.5 diesel which is a completely new engine I know very little about but seeing as it's a ford diesel it will be quality

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

"ford transit connect also good ye?"

Have a look at van monster....good Van's all with a service history

By *anFromMarsMan  over a year ago

North

"ford transit connect also good ye?

The older 1.8 diesel connect was a gem.. Great for high miles I have 1 myself.. The 1.8 is a ford diesel made since the 60s but has been discontinued since 2013 unfortunately.. I have 1 myself and love it.. The newer connects have a peugeot 1.6 diesel which has a few mods to make it a ford.. No where near as good as the older engine but it's personal choice.. Newer connects have 3 seats also.. And the brand new connect use a ford 1.5 diesel which is a completely new engine I know very little about but seeing as it's a ford diesel it will be quality "

My 1st reply was spaciducly in relation to the Berlingo as that was the van you asked about op but have had a few Transit connects, 2004 1.9D, 131 1.9D both great vand but when they get up the millage 150k plus can have injector problems. Am currently driving a 151 1.6 which I have had from new and clocked up almost 230k and upgrading to a new Ford custom in January. Had a absolutely no issues with the current connect, have had it serviced as per the service schedule and never gave an ounce of trouble. I have the long wheel based connect, it has a lower roof than its predecessor but a longer wheel base. The cockpit was a huge leap forward from the 2013 model which was a typical van inside and not the most comfortable where as the 151 on is much more like a car inside and very comfortable on long drives. Only fault I would have is with the power from the 1.6 engine on long drives, if you like to push it on she wont go much further that 140kph on the motorway and will lose pace going up any kind of hill.

It's all doen to budget really and how fresh a van you looking for. I'd pick a connect over a berlingo but you would get a 2 year younger berlingo for the money you will spend on a connect. Never had a VW caddy but they tend to be more expensive than the connect to buy 2nd hand. Have had a VW transporter 2004 1.9D which was a great van but they are prone to needing clutch and flywheel done which mine needed only a few months after buying it and it cost me €1200 including labour that was woth 150k on the clock. Caddy could have the same cost implications if they are prone to clutch and flywheel problems too but perhaps this has been sorted now?

Tipperary

"ford transit connect also good ye?

The older 1.8 diesel connect was a gem.. Great for high miles I have 1 myself.. The 1.8 is a ford diesel made since the 60s but has been discontinued since 2013 unfortunately.. I have 1 myself and love it.. The newer connects have a peugeot 1.6 diesel which has a few mods to make it a ford.. No where near as good as the older engine but it's personal choice.. Newer connects have 3 seats also.. And the brand new connect use a ford 1.5 diesel which is a completely new engine I know very little about but seeing as it's a ford diesel it will be quality

My 1st reply was spaciducly in relation to the Berlingo as that was the van you asked about op but have had a few Transit connects, 2004 1.9D, 131 1.9D both great vand but when they get up the millage 150k plus can have injector problems. Am currently driving a 151 1.6 which I have had from new and clocked up almost 230k and upgrading to a new Ford custom in January. Had a absolutely no issues with the current connect, have had it serviced as per the service schedule and never gave an ounce of trouble. I have the long wheel based connect, it has a lower roof than its predecessor but a longer wheel base. The cockpit was a huge leap forward from the 2013 model which was a typical van inside and not the most comfortable where as the 151 on is much more like a car inside and very comfortable on long drives. Only fault I would have is with the power from the 1.6 engine on long drives, if you like to push it on she wont go much further that 140kph on the motorway and will lose pace going up any kind of hill.

It's all doen to budget really and how fresh a van you looking for. I'd pick a connect over a berlingo but you would get a 2 year younger berlingo for the money you will spend on a connect. Never had a VW caddy but they tend to be more expensive than the connect to buy 2nd hand. Have had a VW transporter 2004 1.9D which was a great van but they are prone to needing clutch and flywheel done which mine needed only a few months after buying it and it cost me €1200 including labour that was woth 150k on the clock. Caddy could have the same cost implications if they are prone to clutch and flywheel problems too but perhaps this has been sorted now? "

I'm not to up on Van's myself. I just heard the berlingo was decent enough. looking for a bigger then what I have but not a huge.

By *ick manMan  over a year ago

Longford

I’ve one with three seats but unless you really need three seats I wouldn’t bother because the seats are too small it’s too much of a squeeze a two seater is way cheaper I bought a 152 for 5.5k

Tipperary

"I’ve one with three seats but unless you really need three seats I wouldn’t bother because the seats are too small it’s too much of a squeeze a two seater is way cheaper I bought a 152 for 5.5k"
what make is it? is it decent?

Pure dirt!

I’ve had a Renault Trafic 4 years now, 220,000Km and not one problem with it. Had a Nissan primastar before that for 6 years with no problems. It’s how you look after them "

Even when it brought brand new in 17 and the engine let go at 70k and the gearbox at 95k??

By *oryou47Man  over a year ago

carlow

[Removed by poster at 20/11/20 22:37:59]

louth

Pure dirt!

I’ve had a Renault Trafic 4 years now, 220,000Km and not one problem with it. Had a Nissan primastar before that for 6 years with no problems. It’s how you look after them

Even when it brought brand new in 17 and the engine let go at 70k and the gearbox at 95k??"

I'd imagine the vans he had were the old 1.9dci and 2.0dci respectively.. The newer model which is your van has that 1.6 diesel which is far too weak for a van of its size and by the sounds of it the gear boxes are made of chocolate.. Let's hope the newest models go back to a 2.0 at least

Anyone on here have a set of 14" steel wheels for a berlingo? As long as they are straight and unbuckled condition not important, need them for a project. Thanks

» Add a new message to this topic