FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Ireland soccer

Ireland soccer

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

By fuck its like watching paint dry

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"By fuck its like watching paint dry "

Does anyone know if they score training at least?

They should have won...had good chances to score..first time Ireland havent won an international in a given year since 1971

An absolute disgrace

And government pump millions into the FIA

We dont have the home support or the money to improve our players. We need a stronger national league and an overhaul of the FAI from top to bottom but even then the most we can expect is just qualifying. We're not a huge soccer nation.

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

We just don't have the players to compete at the moment

We are simply not good enough! Dropping down a level in the Nations League might help development going forward but it's going to be a long time before we sing COYBIG at a major tournament.

Our main goal threat (apart from a centre half) made his international debut aged 28.

Our best player can't get in the Burnley team.

We are miles behind even the likes of Wales and Scotland who have both deservedly enjoyed a good international break.

The FAI decided to cut corners by letting go one of our best managers of all time, tried to dupe us all into thinking this was the dawn of a new era. Its not!

Without any quality in attack we are at nothing!

Oh and we're also incapable of stringing a series of passes together

Irrespective of our shortcomings we should all get behind the lads everytime they because their effort and passion cannot be questioned

11 hours without a goal now. I watched the great British bake-off instead. I regret nothing

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

"By fuck its like watching paint dry "

Shite with a capital S.. I stopped watching Ireland play when trappatoni was manager.. Must be 10 years since I sat down and watched a game.. Couldn't put myself through muck like that again.. Poor players from low league teams equals shite football

By *1shadesofnaughtyMan  over a year ago

South Limerick

Septic.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"An absolute disgrace

And government pump millions into the FIA

"

I never knew our government pumped millions into motorsports in ireland

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

They may pump millions into the fai but very little of that gets down to grass roots football where it's needed most. We are not producing players of high enough standard and there are less opportunities to go to top clubs in England as premier League teams are sourcing kids from all over the world these days compared to when it was mainly lads from the British isles.

By *angero3aMan  over a year ago

swords

but who would want the job as irish manger

By *oserMan  over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

"By fuck its like watching paint dry

Shite with a capital S.. I stopped watching Ireland play when trappatoni was manager.. Must be 10 years since I sat down and watched a game.. Couldn't put myself through muck like that again.. Poor players from low league teams equals shite football "

Well thats a ridiculous comment, how can you comment on something you haven't watched in 10 years?

Why are we measuring ourselves against far superior sides? Irrespective of the players we had playing last night we have to be honest with ourselves our pool of talent is a very shallow pool.

We have to stop thinking we are in the top tiers of international football.

If you measure our guys to their own standards they are actually performing at an 8 out of 10 average.

Our defence is okay, our midfielders are 1st division standard and our forwards are under 21 improvers, there isn't a manager on earth that would have us beating the likes of England etc with the pool we have at our disposal.

"Why are we measuring ourselves against far superior sides? Irrespective of the players we had playing last night we have to be honest with ourselves our pool of talent is a very shallow pool.

If you measure our guys to their own standards they are actually performing at an 8 out of 10 average.

Our defence is okay, our midfielders are 1st division standard and our forwards are under 21 improvers, there isn't a manager on earth that would have us beating the likes of England etc with the pool we have at our disposal.

"

I agree with this comment. I am rugby fan and we are considered one of best teams in world. But realistically there are only 6/7 top teams. Unlike soccer where far more, I have long thought the Irish soccer team punched well above its weight. Its a credit to the talent we can produce but not sustainable for long periods in comparison to conveyor belt of bigger nations. Maybe we got spoiled that we could compete regular with them but a dose of reality needed that it could take a long time, and if we are very lucky, we might strike gold with another good team at some point

"Why are we measuring ourselves against far superior sides? Irrespective of the players we had playing last night we have to be honest with ourselves our pool of talent is a very shallow pool.

I agree with this comment. I am rugby fan and we are considered one of best teams in world. But realistically there are only 6/7 top teams. Unlike soccer where far more, I have long thought the Irish soccer team punched well above its weight. Its a credit to the talent we can produce but not sustainable for long periods in comparison to conveyor belt of bigger nations. Maybe we got spoiled that we could compete regular with them but a dose of reality needed that it could take a long time, and if we are very lucky, we might strike gold with another good team at some point "

Great opinion and reply my friend ..so true

I agree with this comment. I am rugby fan and we are considered one of best teams in world. But realistically there are only 6/7 top teams. Unlike soccer where far more, I have long thought the Irish soccer team punched well above its weight. Its a credit to the talent we can produce but not sustainable for long periods in comparison to conveyor belt of bigger nations. Maybe we got spoiled that we could compete regular with them but a dose of reality needed that it could take a long time, and if we are very lucky, we might strike gold with another good team at some point

Great opinion and reply my friend ..so true "

thank you sir. We don't have the population or financial clout of other nations but nothing stopping us copying the Dutch model try encourage talent and then hope we can produce 11 decent players at some point. Rugby is lucky because the amount of money that flows through private schools and a select few non privates that produces talent. Dont think soccer the same at school level so focus on a good model for clubs go from there

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

Shite with a capital S.. I stopped watching Ireland play when trappatoni was manager.. Must be 10 years since I sat down and watched a game.. Couldn't put myself through muck like that again.. Poor players from low league teams equals shite football

Well thats a ridiculous comment, how can you comment on something you haven't watched in 10 years?"

nothing ridiculous about it tosser..i pay attention to the scores and I read articles about games afterwards and all are poor..like i said im not gonna waste my time looking at rubbish but ill read about it afterwards no bother

Well thats a ridiculous comment, how can you comment on something you haven't watched in 10 years?

nothing ridiculous about it tosser..i pay attention to the scores and I read articles about games afterwards and all are poor..like i said im not gonna waste my time looking at rubbish but ill read about it afterwards no bother "

So you form an opinion from 2nd hand information comic?

Doh

"but who would want the job as irish manger "

Kaizer dreams of it everyday

nothing ridiculous about it tosser..i pay attention to the scores and I read articles about games afterwards and all are poor..like i said im not gonna waste my time looking at rubbish but ill read about it afterwards no bother "

Totally agree, not 1 player playing last night is a regular Premier league starter unlike in the Charlton and Mccarthy years when all were. Soccer should be restructured, have elite teams in dublin, Cork, munster leinster etc.

nothing ridiculous about it tosser..i pay attention to the scores and I read articles about games afterwards and all are poor..like i said im not gonna waste my time looking at rubbish but ill read about it afterwards no bother

Totally agree, not 1 player playing last night is a regular Premier league starter unlike in the Charlton and Mccarthy years when all were. Soccer should be restructured, have elite teams in dublin, Cork, munster leinster etc. "

It not a natural National game , if other countries took up Gaelic Football and Hurling and there was European and World Cup tournaments Ireland would win every one of them .Every year in the GAA campaigns you can whittle it down to the few teams that have a realistic chance of winning each competition before it starts, in the history of the World Cup only 8 teams have won it ..its very hard for a country like Ireland to consistantly compete at the highest level of international soccer.

Totally agree, not 1 player playing last night is a regular Premier league starter unlike in the Charlton and Mccarthy years when all were. Soccer should be restructured, have elite teams in dublin, Cork, munster leinster etc.

It not a natural National game , if other countries took up Gaelic Football and Hurling and there was European and World Cup tournaments Ireland would win every one of them .Every year in the GAA campaigns you can whittle it down to the few teams that have a realistic chance of winning each competition before it starts, in the history of the World Cup only 8 teams have won it ..its very hard for a country like Ireland to consistantly compete at the highest level of international soccer."

The rule change of the changing teams after undsrage has affected us. Imagine Ireland with michael keanre, rice grealish and Bamford. Kenny should be doing his best to get Bamford

» Add a new message to this topic