What are chances we hit level 3

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lderandbolder OP   Man  over a year ago

clonakilty

Next week

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Looks like all the shops will reopen again next week but not the restaurants and pubs. The latter probably closer to Christmas.

Then we have all the Irish coming home for Christmas from every corner of the world and we will start the new year with a lockdown. It's gonna be a promising start into 2021....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Looks like all the shops will reopen again next week but not the restaurants and pubs. The latter probably closer to Christmas.

Then we have all the Irish coming home for Christmas from every corner of the world and we will start the new year with a lockdown. It's gonna be a promising start into 2021...."

Back into lockdown for February - by then a nationwide vaccination programme will be in place or looking to be rolled out, lockdown with a view to the end.

In my humble prediction

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

I hear it wll be restaurants opening for outdoor seating only once we hit level 3.. but wet pubs staying shut for an extra week and reopening later in Dec with reduced opening hours and table service only. Retail shops will reopen with level3 as before.

By *inxnmasterCouple  over a year ago

naughty valley

It’s sad, all fun has been punched out of life . Even with restrictions eased, the toll paid fir this crisis is in my humble opinion to high, not only in Ireland but all over Europe . We are left with a deeply divided society , inflated and polarizing media coverage as well as conflicting governmental decisions have decreased trust in science . Scientific dispute has been silence , thesis and antithesis are no longer welcomed , all has to follow one narrative regardless right or wrong . Pretended health care concern has allowed to water down to unprecedented levels and will continue so .

on the hill NordWest of

"Looks like all the shops will reopen again next week but not the restaurants and pubs. The latter probably closer to Christmas.

Then we have all the Irish coming home for Christmas from every corner of the world and we will start the new year with a lockdown. It's gonna be a promising start into 2021....

Back into lockdown for February - by then a nationwide vaccination programme will be in place or looking to be rolled out, lockdown with a view to the end.

In my humble prediction "

Running out a nationwide covid19 vaccination programme is a huge organisational and logistical challenge and knowing the talent of ff/fg governments and the hse bureaucracy we will be heading for another major f*ck-up with the usual set up of pumping millions of tax payers money into one of Denis O'Brien's companies.

"It’s sad, all fun has been punched out of life . Even with restrictions eased, the toll paid fir this crisis is in my humble opinion to high, not only in Ireland but all over Europe . We are left with a deeply divided society , inflated and polarizing media coverage as well as conflicting governmental decisions have decreased trust in science . Scientific dispute has been silence , thesis and antithesis are no longer welcomed , all has to follow one narrative regardless right or wrong . Pretended health care concern has allowed to water down to unprecedented levels and will continue so . "

Isn't the term 'scientific dispute' a misnomer?

"

Running out a nationwide covid19 vaccination programme is a huge organisational and logistical challenge and knowing the talent of ff/fg governments and the hse bureaucracy we will be heading for another major f*ck-up with the usual set up of pumping millions of tax payers money into one of Denis O'Brien's companies. "

I agree they'll find SOME way to fuck it up but I honestly can't see how difficult it can be with regards to logistics.

As I've (jokingly) suggested - give it to the fucking postmen to distribute! Or better yet put the vaccine in the pints!

Then we have all the Irish coming home for Christmas from every corner of the world and we will start the new year with a lockdown. It's gonna be a promising start into 2021...."

But it’s essential they come home........

on the hill NordWest of

"

Running out a nationwide covid19 vaccination programme is a huge organisational and logistical challenge and knowing the talent of ff/fg governments and the hse bureaucracy we will be heading for another major f*ck-up with the usual set up of pumping millions of tax payers money into one of Denis O'Brien's companies.

I agree they'll find SOME way to fuck it up but I honestly can't see how difficult it can be with regards to logistics.

As I've (jokingly) suggested - give it to the fucking postmen to distribute! Or better yet put the vaccine in the pints!

"

It's not a refresh of a children's vaccine for one school year, it's on a way bigger scale. The logistic challenges are supply (production capacity versus high demand), transport and storage (the pfizer one needs to be kept at -70 degrees, moderna one at -20, the oxford one fridge temperatures) and distribution (who gets it first?, vaccination capacity etc).

If you want to vaccinate half the countries population to get somehow near to herd immunity, and you have the capacity of vaccinating 20'000 people per week, it still will take roughly two years to do so.

"

It's not a refresh of a children's vaccine for one school year, it's on a way bigger scale. The logistic challenges are supply (production capacity versus high demand), transport and storage (the pfizer one needs to be kept at -70 degrees, moderna one at -20, the oxford one fridge temperatures) and distribution (who gets it first?, vaccination capacity etc).

If you want to vaccinate half the countries population to get somehow near to herd immunity, and you have the capacity of vaccinating 20'000 people per week, it still will take roughly two years to do so.

"

Is there even an estimate of what proportion of the population would need to be immunised to reach "herd immunity"? For measles it's over 90%.

Anyway, to answer the OP, looks like level 3 from next week with restaurants and pubs serving food opening a week or two later.

Given the clusterfuck that Christmas/New Year is bound to be, back to October levels of new cases by 2nd-3rd week of January so we can expect to spend all of February at level 5.

» Add a new message to this topic