FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > School holidays extend

School holidays extend

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eise68 OP   Man  over a year ago

newcastle

School holidays extended until Monday 11 January after Cabinet decision today - formal announcement expected from Taoiseach this evening. Just

announced by @VirginMediaNews

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *he wanerding bullMan  over a year ago

cavan

They need to close for longer to get things under control.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"They need to close for longer to get things under control."
True, but they wont even close the Dáil bar

The numbers were doing fine while the schools were open....

It was when the adults were left out to play the problems started

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Non essential shops closed from Jan 1st

"They need to close for longer to get things under control.

It was when the adults were left out to play the problems started"

The numbers were even lower before the schools/universities/colleges opened

By *willfindyouWoman  over a year ago

Not looking to meet new peeps.

Looking forward to reading all the expert epidemiologist opinions here

I spoke to a primary school teacher on the 23rd who had spent the day contact tracing after outbreak in his school. The numbers speak for themselves. Whilst my trio need their routine and being at home with them 24/7 is tough...I'd rather that than any of them contract and spread it. The level of contact made from one classroom is insane.

By *he wanerding bullMan  over a year ago

cavan

The numbers were even lower before the schools/universities/colleges opened "

Exactly and there fudging numbers in relation to schools and putting them as community transmissions.

"I spoke to a primary school teacher on the 23rd who had spent the day contact tracing after outbreak in his school. The numbers speak for themselves. Whilst my trio need their routine and being at home with them 24/7 is tough...I'd rather that than any of them contract and spread it. The level of contact made from one classroom is insane. "

Correct

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

2 cases in my girls primary school and none in the pre school which is pretty good considering the size of the primary. theyre naturally not too bothered about a week but the few months off earlier in the year very much had an effect on them.

somewhere

20 % positive in the testing yesterday and people having over 30 close contacts is very worrying

Time to follow the science again

Its a flu season

And PCR tests arent accurate

Yeah close everything and everyone that for sure will help.

The numbers were even lower before the schools/universities/colleges opened "

Well of course they with higher restrictions.

But like everything is a balancing act.

The amount the numbers increased vs the damage of kids not going to school for months...

Some people ill think the risk of opening schools is too high and that's fair.. I think its worth the risk unless a child in a high risk group then individual arrangements should be made for them

"Its a flu season

Yeah close everything and everyone that for sure will help. "

You could be right, let's just do things the tried and trusted Irish way, half arsed and a prayer to St Anthony, be grand sure.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

It makes sense to have the schools closed a bit longer if you take incubation time into consideration. In other words at least a week from the last festive days (new years day) when people came/come together so that infections will hopefully discovered before school starts again.

so true. only rule I break is crossing a broader to pick and leave mine to there Dads. 1 of mine got it at school and I dread picking them up every evening incase the other one gets. it sooo not right.

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

There'll be whinging on here yet

From Rte

Schools are to remain closed until 11 January under plans to tackle the increasing spread of Covid-19 under plans set to be agreed by Cabinet.

Primary and secondary schools had been due to reopen on Wednesday 6 January.

The decision does not apply to childcare facilities or créches.

The Cabinet has also agreed to impose full Level 5 restrictions until 31 January.

Level 5 restrictions include a ban on all household visits, the closure of non-essential retail and a 5km limit on travel.

Other restrictions include the closure of sports including golf and tennis, with the exception of professional or elite sports like Gaelic games and horse racing behind closed doors.

Agreement was reached at the second Cabinet meeting in three days, which was called amid growing concern around case numbers and an increase in people being admitted to hospital with Covid-19.

By *cean1963Man  over a year ago

n6

Obviously the numbers are high with more testing simple maths

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

I do agree with the schools staying closed a wee bit longer but the parents then have to be more responsible and not let them out. Too many are meeting up without a care in the world

tipperary

"Obviously the numbers are high with more testing simple maths"

Why are more people getting tested?

Wish I was back in school

How will two days make any difference?

"How will two days make any difference? "

11th at the earliest I'm guessing. Room to extend in line with restrictions announced to the 31st.

somewhere

"How will two days make any difference? "

They're trying to get more than 10 days away from the last celebrations where people have parties which they assume is new years eve.

By *eductively_SweetWoman  over a year ago

wexford

I've never been so fed up with the " close the Schools". They don't need to close more attention has to be paid at home. My kids secondary school have done a fantastic job with the school and students 2 cases is all the school has had since the beginning of school. How about ppl take a long look at their own actions do their own bit its not rocket science.

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

we would accept it if there was a definitive plan to get ourselves out of this. Ok this virus was unknown at Lockdown 1 but we know enough about it now and vaccines are available but I still just see lockdown, ease restrictions, lockdown, rinse and repeat. The definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result??????????

tipperary

"we would accept it if there was a definitive plan to get ourselves out of this. Ok this virus was unknown at Lockdown 1 but we know enough about it now and vaccines are available but I still just see lockdown, ease restrictions, lockdown, rinse and repeat. The definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result??????????"

So what would you do then??

By *ohng69Man  over a year ago

athenry

"Looking forward to reading all the expert epidemiologist opinions here "
they have arrived

Tipperary

"we would accept it if there was a definitive plan to get ourselves out of this. Ok this virus was unknown at Lockdown 1 but we know enough about it now and vaccines are available but I still just see lockdown, ease restrictions, lockdown, rinse and repeat. The definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result??????????

So what would you do then??"

I'm not an expert but as my post states, the experts are doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results

also Just wondering why the cabinet wont have an emergency meeting to agree a strategy for the rollout of the vaccine. From what I am reading it seems we will only be vaccinating Monday to Friday between 9 and 5. At that rate we will be 3 years before we achieve the 70% herd immunity. Surely the God a plan should be brought in to utilise the army for the application of the vaccines, go 24/7 and get as many people as possible vaccinated as quickly as possible. And before anyone points out the lack of vaccine availability we have 3.3 million Oxford vaccines pre-ordered once it gets EDA approval. Get a plan in place for this to start straight after approval and maybe then we can stop having to listen to Dr "deeply concerned " Holohan.

tipperary

"Looking forward to reading all the expert epidemiologist opinions here they have arrived "

athenry

"we would accept it if there was a definitive plan to get ourselves out of this. Ok this virus was unknown at Lockdown 1 but we know enough about it now and vaccines are available but I still just see lockdown, ease restrictions, lockdown, rinse and repeat. The definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result??????????

So what would you do then??I'm not an expert but as my post states, the experts are doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results

also Just wondering why the cabinet wont have an emergency meeting to agree a strategy for the rollout of the vaccine. From what I am reading it seems we will only be vaccinating Monday to Friday between 9 and 5. At that rate we will be 3 years before we achieve the 70% herd immunity. Surely the God a plan should be brought in to utilise the army for the application of the vaccines, go 24/7 and get as many people as possible vaccinated as quickly as possible. And before anyone points out the lack of vaccine availability we have 3.3 million Oxford vaccines pre-ordered once it gets EDA approval. Get a plan in place for this to start straight after approval and maybe then we can stop having to listen to Dr "deeply concerned " Holohan. "

how do you come to 3 years? Also I don't think the army are qualified to administer the vaccine other than the few medics

athenry

"Looking forward to reading all the expert epidemiologist opinions here they have arrived

"

roll on a large volume of new covid threads

Tipperary

So what would you do then??I'm not an expert but as my post states, the experts are doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results

also Just wondering why the cabinet wont have an emergency meeting to agree a strategy for the rollout of the vaccine. From what I am reading it seems we will only be vaccinating Monday to Friday between 9 and 5. At that rate we will be 3 years before we achieve the 70% herd immunity. Surely the God a plan should be brought in to utilise the army for the application of the vaccines, go 24/7 and get as many people as possible vaccinated as quickly as possible. And before anyone points out the lack of vaccine availability we have 3.3 million Oxford vaccines pre-ordered once it gets EDA approval. Get a plan in place for this to start straight after approval and maybe then we can stop having to listen to Dr "deeply concerned " Holohan. how do you come to 3 years? Also I don't think the army are qualified to administer the vaccine other than the few medics"

army personnel on a regular basis give vaccines in Camp. just using HSE staff Monday to Friday 9 to 5. we will be as slow as a funeral distributing the vaccine. another black mark on our health system where all this stems back too.

". how do you come to 3 years? Also I don't think the army are qualified to administer the vaccine other than the few medics"

The government probably reckon that's cheaper than paying gps to do it obviously

athenry

also Just wondering why the cabinet wont have an emergency meeting to agree a strategy for the rollout of the vaccine. From what I am reading it seems we will only be vaccinating Monday to Friday between 9 and 5. At that rate we will be 3 years before we achieve the 70% herd immunity. Surely the God a plan should be brought in to utilise the army for the application of the vaccines, go 24/7 and get as many people as possible vaccinated as quickly as possible. And before anyone points out the lack of vaccine availability we have 3.3 million Oxford vaccines pre-ordered once it gets EDA approval. Get a plan in place for this to start straight after approval and maybe then we can stop having to listen to Dr "deeply concerned " Holohan. how do you come to 3 years? Also I don't think the army are qualified to administer the vaccine other than the few medicsarmy personnel on a regular basis give vaccines in Camp. just using HSE staff Monday to Friday 9 to 5. we will be as slow as a funeral distributing the vaccine. another black mark on our health system where all this stems back too. "

But how do you know it's going to take 3 years? Explain the maths to me

By *anhoeMan  over a year ago

galway

I see nobody has even hinted at the big elephant in the room which still continues to propogate and prolong this pandemic in this country- our ol favourite ALCOHOL!!

Until Paddy government and Paddy public accepts and grasps firmly that our huge love affair for the demon drink is THE cause for the rising Covid numbers, we will continue with this yo-yo approach to solving the problem..Impose restrictions, remove restrictions, impose restrictions, impose restrictions etc etc.

We are fooling ourselves lads!

I love the odd tipple myself but have the cop on to realise I need to confine it to my own home for self abuse for now...

Paddy govt whinges about house parties but refuses to stop them.

Off licenses are laughing all the way to the bank..!! Covid has been the lotto for them!!

Last week.. house party in Kerry for parents little darling, a 20 year old! Kerry minor team present for party! Daddy is a cop, Mammy a school principal!

Doctor and his family in Tralee hosted a house party for their 18 year old darling! House bursting at the gables!! And daddy doctor was out the following day doing Covid tests!!!

I mean, Seriously!!

If those people were politicians, we'd demand they resign!!

Doctor, cop and principal should be named and shamed

Tipperary

also Just wondering why the cabinet wont have an emergency meeting to agree a strategy for the rollout of the vaccine. From what I am reading it seems we will only be vaccinating Monday to Friday between 9 and 5. At that rate we will be 3 years before we achieve the 70% herd immunity. Surely the God a plan should be brought in to utilise the army for the application of the vaccines, go 24/7 and get as many people as possible vaccinated as quickly as possible. And before anyone points out the lack of vaccine availability we have 3.3 million Oxford vaccines pre-ordered once it gets EDA approval. Get a plan in place for this to start straight after approval and maybe then we can stop having to listen to Dr "deeply concerned " Holohan. how do you come to 3 years? Also I don't think the army are qualified to administer the vaccine other than the few medicsarmy personnel on a regular basis give vaccines in Camp. just using HSE staff Monday to Friday 9 to 5. we will be as slow as a funeral distributing the vaccine. another black mark on our health system where all this stems back too. But how do you know it's going to take 3 years? Explain the maths to me"

I haven't time to get into detail but we need a plan to distribute the vaccine way quicker by using more resources and time slots. vaccine is here. get it out basically.

athenry

also Just wondering why the cabinet wont have an emergency meeting to agree a strategy for the rollout of the vaccine. From what I am reading it seems we will only be vaccinating Monday to Friday between 9 and 5. At that rate we will be 3 years before we achieve the 70% herd immunity. Surely the God a plan should be brought in to utilise the army for the application of the vaccines, go 24/7 and get as many people as possible vaccinated as quickly as possible. And before anyone points out the lack of vaccine availability we have 3.3 million Oxford vaccines pre-ordered once it gets EDA approval. Get a plan in place for this to start straight after approval and maybe then we can stop having to listen to Dr "deeply concerned " Holohan. how do you come to 3 years? Also I don't think the army are qualified to administer the vaccine other than the few medicsarmy personnel on a regular basis give vaccines in Camp. just using HSE staff Monday to Friday 9 to 5. we will be as slow as a funeral distributing the vaccine. another black mark on our health system where all this stems back too. But how do you know it's going to take 3 years? Explain the maths to meI haven't time to get into detail but we need a plan to distribute the vaccine way quicker by using more resources and time slots. vaccine is here. get it out basically. "

take your time, I can wait or am I smelling bullshit

Tipperary

"I see nobody has even hinted at the big elephant in the room which still continues to propogate and prolong this pandemic in this country- our ol favourite ALCOHOL!!

Until Paddy government and Paddy public accepts and grasps firmly that our huge love affair for the demon drink is THE cause for the rising Covid numbers, we will continue with this yo-yo approach to solving the problem..Impose restrictions, remove restrictions, impose restrictions, impose restrictions etc etc.

We are fooling ourselves lads!

I love the odd tipple myself but have the cop on to realise I need to confine it to my own home for self abuse for now...

Paddy govt whinges about house parties but refuses to stop them.

Off licenses are laughing all the way to the bank..!! Covid has been the lotto for them!!

Last week.. house party in Kerry for parents little darling, a 20 year old! Kerry minor team present for party! Daddy is a cop, Mammy a school principal!

Doctor and his family in Tralee hosted a house party for their 18 year old darling! House bursting at the gables!! And daddy doctor was out the following day doing Covid tests!!!

I mean, Seriously!!

If those people were politicians, we'd demand they resign!!

Doctor, cop and principal should be named and shamed"

do you know what id take from take? this is a serious response. even the most serious in society don't give a fuck anymore.

Tipperary

also Just wondering why the cabinet wont have an emergency meeting to agree a strategy for the rollout of the vaccine. From what I am reading it seems we will only be vaccinating Monday to Friday between 9 and 5. At that rate we will be 3 years before we achieve the 70% herd immunity. Surely the God a plan should be brought in to utilise the army for the application of the vaccines, go 24/7 and get as many people as possible vaccinated as quickly as possible. And before anyone points out the lack of vaccine availability we have 3.3 million Oxford vaccines pre-ordered once it gets EDA approval. Get a plan in place for this to start straight after approval and maybe then we can stop having to listen to Dr "deeply concerned " Holohan. how do you come to 3 years? Also I don't think the army are qualified to administer the vaccine other than the few medicsarmy personnel on a regular basis give vaccines in Camp. just using HSE staff Monday to Friday 9 to 5. we will be as slow as a funeral distributing the vaccine. another black mark on our health system where all this stems back too. But how do you know it's going to take 3 years? Explain the maths to meI haven't time to get into detail but we need a plan to distribute the vaccine way quicker by using more resources and time slots. vaccine is here. get it out basically. take your time, I can wait or am I smelling bullshit "

no bullshit Johnny. u just fail to criticise anybody.

By *iktikiCouple  over a year ago

city centre

Tipperary

also Just wondering why the cabinet wont have an emergency meeting to agree a strategy for the rollout of the vaccine. From what I am reading it seems we will only be vaccinating Monday to Friday between 9 and 5. At that rate we will be 3 years before we achieve the 70% herd immunity. Surely the God a plan should be brought in to utilise the army for the application of the vaccines, go 24/7 and get as many people as possible vaccinated as quickly as possible. And before anyone points out the lack of vaccine availability we have 3.3 million Oxford vaccines pre-ordered once it gets EDA approval. Get a plan in place for this to start straight after approval and maybe then we can stop having to listen to Dr "deeply concerned " Holohan. how do you come to 3 years? Also I don't think the army are qualified to administer the vaccine other than the few medicsarmy personnel on a regular basis give vaccines in Camp. just using HSE staff Monday to Friday 9 to 5. we will be as slow as a funeral distributing the vaccine. another black mark on our health system where all this stems back too. But how do you know it's going to take 3 years? Explain the maths to meI haven't time to get into detail but we need a plan to distribute the vaccine way quicker by using more resources and time slots. vaccine is here. get it out basically. take your time, I can wait or am I smelling bullshit "

the rollout plan of HSE staff distributing it only Monday to Friday 9-5 is not enough. that's the point been made.

somewhere

Johng69....whats your expertise in this matter

I don't think we've ever spoken....is it your line of work or profession

Tipperary

It was when the adults were left out to play the problems started "

fella in work talking to me today said there was 740 cases in Irish schools in 2 weeks leading upto Xmas. did you see that anywhere? the issue i see with schools is kids in a classroom together for long periods, asymptomatic could spread it all over the place and then its brought into the home.

Depriving kids of schools and education is the most unhuman thing which can be done to them. I am just wondering if anybody sees this game rules. You keep everyone in cages, virus doesn't spread. You open the cages, virus is free again. It is pretty basic thing and you don't have to be a Tony to know about it.

Is there any place where the number of tests carried out is published?

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

I think at least a month start back on 1st of Feb but allow year 11 in as exams looming

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

They maybe closed but doesn’t mean they won’t do online learning

Hastings

"I spoke to a primary school teacher on the 23rd who had spent the day contact tracing after outbreak in his school. The numbers speak for themselves. Whilst my trio need their routine and being at home with them 24/7 is tough...I'd rather that than any of them contract and spread it. The level of contact made from one classroom is insane. "

Thank you and good luck with home schooling that can't be easy.

Hastings

"2 cases in my girls primary school and none in the pre school which is pretty good considering the size of the primary. theyre naturally not too bothered about a week but the few months off earlier in the year very much had an effect on them. "
So have they all been tested.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"Depriving kids of schools and education is the most unhuman thing which can be done to them. I am just wondering if anybody sees this game rules. You keep everyone in cages, virus doesn't spread. You open the cages, virus is free again. It is pretty basic thing and you don't have to be a Tony to know about it.

Is there any place where the number of tests carried out is published?"

Thats really quite dangerous saying things like that .. No one is ' depriving' kids from learning .. where do you get the idea that they are not being taught?

Lots of online and school supported material .. and parents generally on hand to get their fingers out and help .. if they did that a bit more than pretend it was all some big free holiday that would really be useful .

Secondly .. you are correct it is containment ( finally) and thats because hoping people had enough of aconscience to help their fellow man and woman kind of failed because of all the cheaters who refuse to help eachother out . Thats why everyones in this boat and why we need such strict rules .. if people had played the game at the start of the year we would have less of a problem now and a better chance of getting people vaccinated a bit quicker .. the ' defiant' ones in all this who keep trying to stop progress are frankly becoming a pain in the butt

Tipperary

"Depriving kids of schools and education is the most unhuman thing which can be done to them. I am just wondering if anybody sees this game rules. You keep everyone in cages, virus doesn't spread. You open the cages, virus is free again. It is pretty basic thing and you don't have to be a Tony to know about it.

Thats really quite dangerous saying things like that .. No one is ' depriving' kids from learning .. where do you get the idea that they are not being taught?

Lots of online and school supported material .. and parents generally on hand to get their fingers out and help .. if they did that a bit more than pretend it was all some big free holiday that would really be useful .

Secondly .. you are correct it is containment ( finally) and thats because hoping people had enough of aconscience to help their fellow man and woman kind of failed because of all the cheaters who refuse to help eachother out . Thats why everyones in this boat and why we need such strict rules .. if people had played the game at the start of the year we would have less of a problem now and a better chance of getting people vaccinated a bit quicker .. the ' defiant' ones in all this who keep trying to stop progress are frankly becoming a pain in the butt "

there is a bigger defiant to people trying to live their lives and thats the state of the health care system in Ireland. because its so bad, everyday Joe soap has and the general public have to suffer the consequences.

Secondly .. you are correct it is containment ( finally) and thats because hoping people had enough of aconscience to help their fellow man and woman kind of failed because of all the cheaters who refuse to help eachother out . Thats why everyones in this boat and why we need such strict rules .. if people had played the game at the start of the year we would have less of a problem now and a better chance of getting people vaccinated a bit quicker .. the ' defiant' ones in all this who keep trying to stop progress are frankly becoming a pain in the butt "

You can't replace real interactions with peers, teachers and mentors by digital files. This is one big fallacy.

Yes, and cheaters blamed again. Everyoneone wearing masks, but virus still spreads, however all believe that this method is working. How?? There is no logic in it.

Even calling people cheaters just because they see this stupidity and are openly refusing to be part of it, is the symbol of present times.

[Removed by poster at 30/12/20 20:42:28]

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

Only exam years go back on the 11th. All other years go back on 18th

stafford

I disagree .. you can actually replace interraction .. the kids love it in case you haven't noticed? games, tik toc , fb , you name it .. its all interactive .. Children prefer to learn that way and it matches most learning styles .. as in see do ,repeat as opposed to read this which is amethod that works but most of us have hated being taught that way .. so why not something new !

Masks are not just there to keep people safe .. they act as reassurance for anyone who has issues about catching the virus and cant cope with that mentally or physically .. and for the older generation it stops them worrying about being next to a potential carrier , getting ill and then passing away .. Not so much the young peopel who care less it seems about that sort of thing unfortuantely

" all this who keep trying to stop progress are frankly becoming a pain in the butt "

Those who limit my personal freedom are bigger, but you don't need me to take your vaccine, right?

"I disagree .. you can actually replace interraction .. the kids love it in case you haven't noticed? games, tik toc , fb , you name it .. "

That's beyond limits of any civilised comment so I stay quiet. However good luck if you have any kids and they replace you by a game once you will be old

stafford

" all this who keep trying to stop progress are frankly becoming a pain in the butt

Those who limit my personal freedom are bigger, but you don't need me to take your vaccine, right? "

Actually I do! despite what anyone says about personal freedom

Its called ' for the greater good'

By *uzie69xTV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

"Its a flu season

Yeah close everything and everyone that for sure will help. "

PCR (Polymerise Chain Reaction) tests are reliable. But needs to be done in the lab with delays.

It is the LFT (Lateral Flow Tests) that are unreliable. But results back in 30 mins.

In England the plan will be to use LFTs repeatedly in schools so accuracy will improve.

" all this who keep trying to stop progress are frankly becoming a pain in the butt

Those who limit my personal freedom are bigger, but you don't need me to take your vaccine, right?

Its called ' for the greater good' "

Greater good despite the fact lockdowns don't work, average mortality rate is lower than in 2919 however will in rease due to cancer. Call it a greater good. You have the same level of idea in as in the children's psychological development so bye bye

stafford

No ..YOU say it doesn't work and YOU do so by openly admitting to not following or wanting to at least the rules that were put in place ..it can't work if people don't just crack on and get on with it ..

Also IF you had been reading up and getting an understanding of this whole situation you would see ' mortality' is not the problem .. that's the least of the issues

Finally if you want to act like a child and throw your toys out you feel free to do that fella. .though I would advise you stay in and not follow them

Greater good despite the fact lockdowns don't work, average mortality rate is lower than in 2919 however will in rease due to cancer. Call it a greater good. You have the same level of idea in as in the children's psychological development so bye bye"

By *rindnbumpCouple  over a year ago

Our little world of Kinky Fuckery in Durham

We have received a letter from our child's school earlier today and from reading it our understanding for the reason there is a delay in them returning to school is the need to train their staff to carry out mass testing.

They have stated they need to train their staff to carry out the testing but the training is not available until the 4th January so they will concentrate on the training then getting Year 11 and 10 back first due to taking exams.

Hastings

"Only exam years go back on the 11th. All other years go back on 18th "

To me that is close to the right thing priority to exsam lessons and if nessicery bring in summer school or cut the summer holiday down by 2 weeks for year 8 and 9 as they will be her diet hit.

By *uzie69xTV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

"We have received a letter from our child's school earlier today and from reading it our understanding for the reason there is a delay in them returning to school is the need to train their staff to carry out mass testing.

They have stated they need to train their staff to carry out the testing but the training is not available until the 4th January so they will concentrate on the training then getting Year 11 and 10 back first due to taking exams.

"

Correct!

No ..YOU say it doesn't work and YOU do so by openly admitting to not following or wanting to at least the rules that were put in place ..it can't work if people don't just crack on and get on with it ..

Also IF you had been reading up and getting an understanding of this whole situation you would see ' mortality' is not the problem .. that's the least of the issues

Finally if you want to act like a child and throw your toys out you feel free to do that fella. .though I would advise you stay in and not follow them

Greater good despite the fact lockdowns don't work, average mortality rate is lower than in 2919 however will in rease due to cancer. Call it a greater good. You have the same level of idea in as in the children's psychological development so bye bye"

I am not sure if you tried to reply to me anything, but if you did it means that online learning doesn't work.

"

"

Hold on, if mortality is not an issue why are we destroying world economy and kill millions by cancer??? Just give me full explanation of your concept please

Guys stop !!.... Untill its hits your door yee haven't a CLUE.XXX its hell on earth. xx stop and think x

By *aintscoupleCouple  over a year ago

st helens

think you will find that the problems in some areas started in september as soon as the kids started back school.

athenry

"Johng69....whats your expertise in this matter

I don't think we've ever spoken....is it your line of work or profession "

sorry bog I'm only seeing your comment now. I have no expertise in this field. Im just trying to understand why it's going to take 3 years to vaccinate everyone as previously stated. Im just looking for the facts

"Guys stop !!.... Untill its hits your door yee haven't a CLUE.XXX its hell on earth. xx stop and think x "

Excusme but who are you talking to? Maybe change the language. Will say what I think about it.IIf you don't like it,ddon't read it.

Lockdowns are the only hell on earth here. Some people are clearly mental victims of current strategies.

"Lockdowns are the only hell on earth here. Some people are clearly mental victims of current strategies. "

If that's your idea of hell on earth, then you can count yourself lucky, you must have led a charmed life up to now

"Lockdowns are the only hell on earth here. Some people are clearly mental victims of current strategies.

If that's your idea of hell on earth, then you can count yourself lucky, you must have led a charmed life up to now "

If virus killing 0.05% of below 70 is your idea of the hell on earth, i can only worry about you once real trouble comes.

"Lockdowns are the only hell on earth here. Some people are clearly mental victims of current strategies.

If that's your idea of hell on earth, then you can count yourself lucky, you must have led a charmed life up to now

If virus killing 0.05% of below 70 is your idea of the hell on earth, i can only worry about you once real trouble comes. "

No it's not, I didn't say it was

If virus killing 0.05% of below 70 is your idea of the hell on earth, i can only worry about you once real trouble comes. "

If anything, this situation should have clearly demonstrated how poorly equipped the human race is for "real trouble"

If virus killing 0.05% of below 70 is your idea of the hell on earth, i can only worry about you once real trouble comes.

If anything, this situation should have clearly demonstrated how poorly equipped the human race is for "real trouble""

Correct

"

No it's not, I didn't say it was "

But lockdowns, depriving of economic rights to prosperity, to having an income, to having a hospital treatment is the hell on the earth for many. These completely insufficient lockdowns mean sufferings and deaths for others. Looking at this ridiculous pandemic as the only aspect of a human life is a total incompetence, and I would like to wrong here but 2020 is just an introduction of 2021.

Yes, and I value myself me liberties and my independence. For me life is not only having a pulse and getting a takeaway. I want to live my life in full.

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

If that's your idea of hell on earth, then you can count yourself lucky, you must have led a charmed life up to now "

I agree have been through an awful lot worse.. All we have to do is stay at home away from others which for some is torture I suppose

If anything, this situation should have clearly demonstrated how poorly equipped the human race is for "real trouble""

None of these politicians or HSE big wigs are loosing money.

"

But lockdowns, depriving of economic rights to prosperity, to having an income, to having a hospital treatment is the hell on the earth for many. These completely insufficient lockdowns mean sufferings and deaths for others. Looking at this ridiculous pandemic as the only aspect of a human life is a total incompetence, and I would like to wrong here but 2020 is just an introduction of 2021.

Yes, and I value myself me liberties and my independence. For me life is not only having a pulse and getting a takeaway. I want to live my life in full. "

So does everybody else want to live life to the full but it’s not possible right now and people who aren’t doing their best to belo us get out of it as soon as possible are the very arseholes who will keep our dear freedoms from us for longer. How ironic

Great thread for the aul block list

Tipperary

"

Yes, and I value myself me liberties and my independence. For me life is not only having a pulse and getting a takeaway. I want to live my life in full.

So does everybody else want to live life to the full but it’s not possible right now and people who aren’t doing their best to belo us get out of it as soon as possible are the very arseholes who will keep our dear freedoms from us for longer. How ironic "

its actually not. you enter level 5s through all of this, you reopen, numbers kick off, that's natural. when stuff reopens and commences, people want to take part. its part and parcel of life. the only thing is going to win covid is a vaccine working and reaching herd immunity of 70 or so %. I can see this lovkdown going on until x amount are vaccinated.

"

So does everybody else want to live life to the full but it’s not possible right now and people who aren’t doing their best to belo us get out of it as soon as possible are the very arseholes who will keep our dear freedoms from us for longer. How ironic its actually not. you enter level 5s through all of this, you reopen, numbers kick off, that's natural. when stuff reopens and commences, people want to take part. its part and parcel of life. the only thing is going to win covid is a vaccine working and reaching herd immunity of 70 or so %. I can see this lovkdown going on until x amount are vaccinated. "

I’m really struggling to see how most of your comment is relevant to mine. Also, I wasn’t responding to yours.

Your comment just seems totally random and very very hard to follow in terms of what it actually addresses in my own point.

Are you arguing against mine and if you are, what are you arguing against? Baffling

Tipperary

"

So does everybody else want to live life to the full but it’s not possible right now and people who aren’t doing their best to belo us get out of it as soon as possible are the very arseholes who will keep our dear freedoms from us for longer. How ironic its actually not. you enter level 5s through all of this, you reopen, numbers kick off, that's natural. when stuff reopens and commences, people want to take part. its part and parcel of life. the only thing is going to win covid is a vaccine working and reaching herd immunity of 70 or so %. I can see this lovkdown going on until x amount are vaccinated.

I’m really struggling to see how most of your comment is relevant to mine. Also, I wasn’t responding to yours.

Your comment just seems totally random and very very hard to follow in terms of what it actually addresses in my own point.

Are you arguing against mine and if you are, what are you arguing against? Baffling "

are you not saying people acting through maggot drive all the numbers up? SOME people act the maggot, most don't. I'm saying when you leave a level 5 numbers naturally will increase with more open, more activity, more out and about. lockdowns bring numbers down but destroy your life and what you enjoy. what am I saying? I think coming out of this lockdown will depend more on the numbers vaccinated rather then the covid number.

"

So does everybody else want to live life to the full but it’s not possible right now and people who aren’t doing their best to belo us get out of it as soon as possible are the very arseholes who will keep our dear freedoms from us for longer. How ironic its actually not. you enter level 5s through all of this, you reopen, numbers kick off, that's natural. when stuff reopens and commences, people want to take part. its part and parcel of life. the only thing is going to win covid is a vaccine working and reaching herd immunity of 70 or so %. I can see this lovkdown going on until x amount are vaccinated.

Are you arguing against mine and if you are, what are you arguing against? Baffling are you not saying people acting through maggot drive all the numbers up? SOME people act the maggot, most don't. I'm saying when you leave a level 5 numbers naturally will increase with more open, more activity, more out and about. lockdowns bring numbers down but destroy your life and what you enjoy. what am I saying? I think coming out of this lockdown will depend more on the numbers vaccinated rather then the covid number. "

I’m addressing the point by another poster which seems to say that lockdowns are shite and aren’t really helping keep the virus going bananas. That’s all I’m saying. They seem to be saying that their freedoms are being denied and therefore never mind lockdowns.

Which in my opinion is bizarre and selfish. People who refuse to acknowledge that lockdowns work and are complaining about the restrictions on their freedoms are conveniently forgetting that everyone’s freedoms and lives are shit with lockdowns. But they have been necessary and where would we be if they hadn’t been done?

Of course things will get worse as we come out of lockdowns and ease restrictions. That’s how a virus gains momentum again.

My only, and simple, point is that those who complain about lockdowns in the sense that only their own freedoms matter are problematic thinkers and likely to not act rationally and accordingly and thus likely to undo the efforts of those who try their best.

I’ve not argued with you so I’m not sure why you’re picking on a point not aimed at what you said

"

These completely insufficient lockdowns mean sufferings and deaths for others. "

Lockdown are so good and this is why we are at the same point as in March 2020, with the 3rd one. I admire your logic and believe in lockdowns. Complete ignorance of data and trade offs. Narrowmindedness is dangerous and 'selfish' is a chantaje.

After 9 months I have learnt it is completely pointless to argue, there is no perception of facts on the other side.

and just one last thing: closing schools is totally selfish.

louth

minister Helen Mcentee just announced that most people wont get the vaccine in 2021..it will extend into 2022

happy 2021 all

"

These completely insufficient lockdowns mean sufferings and deaths for others.

Lockdown are so good and this is why we are at the same point as in March 2020, with the 3rd one. I admire your logic and believe in lockdowns. Complete ignorance of data and trade offs. Narrowmindedness is dangerous and 'selfish' is a chantaje.

After 9 months I have learnt it is completely pointless to argue, there is no perception of facts on the other side.

and just one last thing: closing schools is totally selfish."

Well seeing as you’re so concerned with facts, explain to us why they are pointless - with facts and scientific analysis please.

I work in logic and analysis in a scientific field so I think I’m fine in those areas, thank you very much

louth

"

These completely insufficient lockdowns mean sufferings and deaths for others.

and just one last thing: closing schools is totally selfish."

NPHET have advised the closure of schools into the new year indefinitely as over 700 cases have be identified but guess what the government have ignored them

Just go through the history of Irish lockdowns and their effectiveness. I am happy to argument but not on the public forums, that is always ending with a mess. It is a good place to highlight the point only. You can check report on mortality rates across 51 countries (WHO). you can check euromomo.eu showing only some countries where showing deaths excess in 2020. Also Tom Woods showed context of 'hospitalisation crisis' in England today.

Happy 2021, and I'd wish you are right that safe vaccines will save this world.

galway

such an 'angry' person you appear to be ADBventure, after reading your many messages above...

Damn hot pics you got there on your profile however,although I don't think I'd be brave enough to play with you because of your aforementioned 'anger'issues...

"Just go through the history of Irish lockdowns and their effectiveness. I am happy to argument but not on the public forums, that is always ending with a mess. It is a good place to highlight the point only. You can check report on mortality rates across 51 countries (WHO). you can check euromomo.eu showing only some countries where showing deaths excess in 2020. Also Tom Woods showed context of 'hospitalisation crisis' in England today.

Happy 2021, and I'd wish you are right that safe vaccines will save this world. "

You’ve not got concrete about anything there - you’ve simply said “just look” here and there. That’s totally unscientific as you have claimed to be. It’s actually hilarious because you’re claiming you’re the logical and data driven person and yet all you do is finger point and wave. It’s typical of you type of deniers who shout “do your own research”. It’s complete deflection when you’re actually pinned down to specifics.

And in case you go there, the onus is not on me to prove they work. The onus is on you as the person who is claiming they don’t. I strongly sense you know you’re talking nonsense

"such an 'angry' person you appear to be ADBventure, after reading your many messages above...

Damn hot pics you got there on your profile however,although I don't think I'd be brave enough to play with you because of your aforementioned 'anger'issues..."

Yes I am angry because of limitations. Regarding playing I think this is mutual feeling man.

"Just go through the history of Irish lockdowns and their effectiveness. I am happy to argument but not on the public forums, that is always ending with a mess. It is a good place to highlight the point only. You can check report on mortality rates across 51 countries (WHO). you can check euromomo.eu showing only some countries where showing deaths excess in 2020. Also Tom Woods showed context of 'hospitalisation crisis' in England today.

You’ve not got concrete about anything there - you’ve simply said “just look” here and there. That’s totally unscientific as you have claimed to be. It’s actually hilarious because you’re claiming you’re the logical and data driven person and yet all you do is finger point and wave. It’s typical of you type of deniers who shout “do your own research”. It’s complete deflection when you’re actually pinned down to specifics.

And in case you go there, the onus is not on me to prove they work. The onus is on you as the person who is claiming they don’t. I strongly sense you know you’re talking nonsense "

Scientific discussion on singers forum. Stop. You are more than welcome for private conversation... Hold on. You are using nonsense. Maybe stay where you are showman

And in case you go there, the onus is not on me to prove they work. The onus is on you as the person who is claiming they don’t. I strongly sense you know you’re talking nonsense "

And Mr scientific, did you check any data? No, Mr scientific so bring nothing and you are not going to confront my sources. OK, go away

galway

"such an 'angry' person you appear to be ADBventure, after reading your many messages above...

Damn hot pics you got there on your profile however,although I don't think I'd be brave enough to play with you because of your aforementioned 'anger'issues...

Yes I am angry because of limitations. Regarding playing I think this is mutual feeling man. "

Try Dr Phil...

Regarding play...:glad to hear I am safe.

[Removed by poster at 31/12/20 20:27:44]

"

"

We have just looked at your pics. You can feel absolutely safe.

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

also Just wondering why the cabinet wont have an emergency meeting to agree a strategy for the rollout of the vaccine. From what I am reading it seems we will only be vaccinating Monday to Friday between 9 and 5. At that rate we will be 3 years before we achieve the 70% herd immunity. Surely the God a plan should be brought in to utilise the army for the application of the vaccines, go 24/7 and get as many people as possible vaccinated as quickly as possible. And before anyone points out the lack of vaccine availability we have 3.3 million Oxford vaccines pre-ordered once it gets EDA approval. Get a plan in place for this to start straight after approval and maybe then we can stop having to listen to Dr "deeply concerned " Holohan. how do you come to 3 years? Also I don't think the army are qualified to administer the vaccine other than the few medicsarmy personnel on a regular basis give vaccines in Camp. just using HSE staff Monday to Friday 9 to 5. we will be as slow as a funeral distributing the vaccine. another black mark on our health system where all this stems back too. "

And how do u propose we supply these 24/7 vac centres with vaccines that are in short supply the manufacturing sites are working 24/7 to supply the world on a rationed basis

galway

"

We have just looked at your pics. You can feel absolutely safe. "

Miaoww!! now I know you are just gagging for my length!

You clearly are in desperate need of a good seeing to ...

Poor hubby...I'll pray for him

[Removed by poster at 31/12/20 20:59:29]

Bravo Irish gentlemen

And in case you go there, the onus is not on me to prove they work. The onus is on you as the person who is claiming they don’t. I strongly sense you know you’re talking nonsense

Scientific discussion on singers forum. Stop. You are more than welcome for private conversation... Hold on. You are using nonsense. Maybe stay where you are showman"

Agh I mistook this for talking to someone with a brain and who can write coherent sentences. Silly me. Carry on being ignorant

However, it’s nice to know I joined a singers forum. Cant wait for a sexy singing threesome haha

And Mr scientific, did you check any data? No, Mr scientific so bring nothing and you are not going to confront my sources. OK, go away"

Brilliant. As pointed out in my previous comment, i predicted you’d boringly come back with this tactic and try to put the onus on me. You’re the person made the claim and therefore it’s up to you to prove it. But sure I’m arguing with an idiot who makes arguments with no grounding in reality. Enjoy your time in your little fantasy world

[Removed by poster at 31/12/20 21:13:58]

Belfast

Will you 2 give it a rest......both showing a side thats not attractive here

And Mr scientific, did you check any data? No, Mr scientific so bring nothing and you are not going to confront my sources. OK, go away

Brilliant. As pointed out in my previous comment, i predicted you’d boringly come back with this tactic and try to put the onus on me. You’re the person made the claim and therefore it’s up to you to prove it. But sure I’m arguing with an idiot who makes arguments with no grounding in reality. Enjoy your time in your little fantasy world "

I have just reported your abusive comments. You are very rude person.

Get a room guys haha, the sexual tension is palpable. That angry frantic sex is just the best

"Will you 2 give it a rest......both showing a side thats not attractive here "

Well we think that we asked famous Irish gentlemen to slow down few times. It seems they are poorly dealing with blocks.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

I'm glad someone else thinks so. Jesus

My interest has never been to try to make myself attractive. With these forums we’re allowed to debate, and I believe that couple were rude to me first so I’m not bothered about that.

In terms of how I look, I don’t say stuff just to aim to please everybody. I have things called principles and sim to stand by them - not modify them to appear more attractive to people I’ve never met. How’s that?

Brilliant. As pointed out in my previous comment, i predicted you’d boringly come back with this tactic and try to put the onus on me. You’re the person made the claim and therefore it’s up to you to prove it. But sure I’m arguing with an idiot who makes arguments with no grounding in reality. Enjoy your time in your little fantasy world

I have just reported your abusive comments. You are very rude person. "

That’s ok. I had you blocked before we started talking here anyway due to your previous dangerous comments made saying lockdowns aren’t a good idea. Cheerio

And I believe you were rude first. It’s in the forum. Bye

We definitely had a lot of samples of your manners. Other ladies hopefully as well. Go back to your cheap whiskey

somewhere

Imagine I got the admin to put this thread back earlier to have a good discussion

tipperary

"Imagine I got the admin to put this thread back earlier to have a good discussion "

Thanks bog....thanks

No worries, we definitely will avoid this forum with its avelange of well mannered men

limerick

Anyhoe

Level 5 lockdown.

Schools opening 11th jan.

Possibility of the lockdown being extended if the desirable effect isn't reached.

I believe the science limit ur contacts this new British variant is acting way faster than expected and it appears the South African variant is faster again

We need to keep hospitals free to receive other patients if one person on a ward has covid then that whole ward effectively has covid taking up spaces that are needed for cancer, diabetics, Connery and other serious illnesses that depend on our health services

galway

"

We have just looked at your pics. You can feel absolutely safe.

Miaoww!! now I know you are just gagging for my length!

You clearly are in desperate need of a good seeing to ...

Poor hubby...I'll pray for him

Good you give evidence who you are. We always test before we try

. Quality over quantity. Disgusting pathetic guy. Happy New Year in your loneliness. Mr Gentleman.

"

Happy New year to you too my darling!

I find your ranting and anger- venting terribly amusing ! An angry fish woman shouting on the dockside comes to mind....

Making me so horny!

You are definitely a frustrated individual who has 'issues'.

I'm sure 2020 has not been kind to you, just as it has been nasty to the rest of us..

I can just hope you have a better 2021.

So chin-up- (yes both of them), things will get better

limerick

"No worries, we definitely will avoid this forum with its avelange of well mannered men"

And women and couples

HAHAHA FARCE IS STILL ON

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"Anyhoe

Level 5 lockdown.

Schools opening 11th jan.

Possibility of the lockdown being extended if the desirable effect isn't reached.

I believe the science limit ur contacts this new British variant is acting way faster than expected and it appears the South African variant is faster again

We need to keep hospitals free to receive other patients if one person on a ward has covid then that whole ward effectively has covid taking up spaces that are needed for cancer, diabetics, Connery and other serious illnesses that depend on our health services "

"Imagine I got the admin to put this thread back earlier to have a good discussion "

Your banned from the forums till next year Bog

By *irewolffMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Christ almighty....what a thread to read on NYE.

I think we all agree Covid has been horrendous & continues to be.

Some people including me are dealing with a tad more than just covid in their lives, cancer in my case. Some perspective would be nice. Look at the bigger picture.

MsD

We are sorry for you. But this is what we are just trying to say in most civilized way possible. There is a bigger picture. We are not sure why the perception is so poor.

"Lockdowns are the only hell on earth here. Some people are clearly mental victims of current strategies. "

Maybe you should try working a few shifts on an ICU ward. Might give you a proper taste of hell on earth. Your freedoms are barely restricted and you call it hell on earth. What about those in the ICU beds with their breathing so restricted by this virus? I imagine that might be closer to hell on earth. Or the families left bereft? Yep I bet they are going through a living hell. It's pitiful. I'm sick to the back teeth of the "only" crowd. It's "only" the elderly. It's "only" those with underlying health conditions. But the mortality rate is "only" blah blah. Every single one of those referred to as "only" are people. People who were someone's everything.

You and so many like you so often say...ohhh but what about the other illnesses and people not being treated for non-covid related issues. Here's the rub. That is exactly the reason we are being asked to exercise a little restraint. That's exactly the reason we are asked to limit our contacts and adjust our behaviour. Because if we don't, hospitals will be overrun and people will die and not just because of covid. You are being asked to do something comparatively quite small for the greater good. For the bigger picture. And yet you can't see it. You'll go on about your merry way crying about how your rights have been taken (really?) all the while failing to recognise you're part of the problem and you're contributing absolutely diddly squat to the solution

By *anKinkyMan  over a year ago

Carrick on Shannon

I think we should go back to March lockdown for Month of January just to get the Numbers down quick,not much point closing the front door and leaving the back door open like the last one

limerick

"We are sorry for you. But this is what we are just trying to say in most civilized way possible. There is a bigger picture. We are not sure why the perception is so poor. "

Am i missing something here because what i got from your posts is that u want the restrictions lifted and no one wearing a mask so you can freely go and play with others

In a nutshell

galway

Maybe you should try working a few shifts on an ICU ward. Might give you a proper taste of hell on earth. Your freedoms are barely restricted and you call it hell on earth. What about those in the ICU beds with their breathing so restricted by this virus? I imagine that might be closer to hell on earth. Or the families left bereft? Yep I bet they are going through a living hell. It's pitiful. I'm sick to the back teeth of the "only" crowd. It's "only" the elderly. It's "only" those with underlying health conditions. But the mortality rate is "only" blah blah. Every single one of those referred to as "only" are people. People who were someone's everything.

You and so many like you so often say...ohhh but what about the other illnesses and people not being treated for non-covid related issues. Here's the rub. That is exactly the reason we are being asked to exercise a little restraint. That's exactly the reason we are asked to limit our contacts and adjust our behaviour. Because if we don't, hospitals will be overrun and people will die and not just because of covid. You are being asked to do something comparatively quite small for the greater good. For the bigger picture. And yet you can't see it. You'll go on about your merry way crying about how your rights have been taken (really?) all the while failing to recognise you're part of the problem and you're contributing absolutely diddly squat to the solution

"

Excellent!!! Very well said..

And so true!

No doubt the selfish one will come back and try and knock your point..

Well done!

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"

so on point but sadly some will pay no attention.

"

Bingo

limerick

"

Belfast

"

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"

And the 8 covid wards in one English hospital with ambulances backed up in the carpark some of which are now hearses. An 8 year old girl admitted yesterday and nothing could be done for her as there are no children's ice beds anywhere in England.

And some people are whinging about not being able to party? Grow up FFS and stop acting like spoiled children

By *igBlondeDommeWoman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere

"

Well said. Thank you.

And the 8 covid wards in one English hospital with ambulances backed up in the carpark some of which are now hearses. An 8 year old girl admitted yesterday and nothing could be done for her as there are no children's ice beds anywhere in England.

And some people are whinging about not being able to party? Grow up FFS and stop acting like spoiled children"

It makes my shit itch. It really does. Beyond exasperating.

"

But they’re being “civilised” don’t ye see?

galway

And some people are whinging about not being able to party? Grow up FFS and stop acting like spoiled children"

well said..!!????

"

But they’re being “civilised” don’t ye see?

Óh you sad lonely man looking at the bottom of the bottle your cheap Irish whiskey. Go on with your pathetic frustrations. Go on, go on, go on. "

Mrs Doyle?! How are ye? I’ll make the tea and you take your bra off