FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Perspective

Perspective

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *j47 OP   Man  over a year ago

limerick

How things have changed in our life time, since we left school ,got married started work. in just over twelve months.

This time last year we were learning of this virus that was going around a chinese province with its rapid infection rate and high mortality quickly learning and adapting to the changes that this virus has brought mankind.

How has our outlook changed on life have u realised that u are on a merry go round in ur job its work, home, sleep repeat daily and that there is a better way. Have u realised that u don't need to be the top of the social calendar to survive. Is a run or a walk getting out in nature now a wonderful part of our daily lives do we now work to survive rather than surviving to work

I now know from my perspective that I don't have to get every job done today that people have to wait till I can get to them or get someone else. I cherish my family more we learnt to communicate better we don't just get on with it we now share and are involved with each other

I have learnt I am blessed with the life that I have forgiving its woes and obstacles

What have u learnt

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have learnt its who matters in my life not what. I have been able to clear some debt and actually save money. I've taken time to myself to find out what I want, tackled a few demons and I've started a life list , my perspective has definitely changed for the better. I've realised how lucky I am and I look forward to spending time with friends and family and making some beautiful and happy memories x

limerick

"I have learnt its who matters in my life not what. I have been able to clear some debt and actually save money. I've taken time to myself to find out what I want, tackled a few demons and I've started a life list , my perspective has definitely changed for the better. I've realised how lucky I am and I look forward to spending time with friends and family and making some beautiful and happy memories x"

Out of the darkness comes the light

I am delighted for u devine

"

What have u learnt

"

Kaizer has learned 3 things CJ

1. Dog hair knitting rocks

2. Random shiftin was taken for granted

3. Lockdown doesn't affect one's beauty

I have learnt that we took everyday things for granted, simple things like a hug or a kiss.. being close to each other without the worry of one of us getting sick.. the constant sense of dread from all media about how much we need to conform and change so we get through and save ourselves from this virus..

I learnt that we need to be social with each other, to talk to chat, facial expressions are not seen anymore which carry so much depth in a conversation..

Ive learnt we are very vulnerable

limerick

"

What have u learnt

3. Lockdown doesn't affect one's beauty or modesty

"

Fixed that there for u bud

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I've learned that dedication, hard work and commitment mean very little these days.

I left a company I'd worked at for more than 3 decades in 2019 due to lack of respect. I was offered the opportunity to help salvage another company and in my first year achieved almost everything we had set out to do.

Then covid arrived and I became the only casualty and the new staff continue to do the job I brought them in to do and the company has survived.

The last year has taught me that work is not the be all and end all and mental health is so much more important.

It has also taught me the value of good friendship and shown me who my real friends are.

limerick

"I have learnt that we took everyday things for granted, simple things like a hug or a kiss.. being close to each other without the worry of one of us getting sick.. the constant sense of dread from all media about how much we need to conform and change so we get through and save ourselves from this virus..

I learnt that we need to be social with each other, to talk to chat, facial expressions are not seen anymore which carry so much depth in a conversation..

Ive learnt we are very vulnerable "

I'd agree having to tell some one ur smiling under your mask doesn't have the same uplifting experience

limerick

"I've learned that dedication, hard work and commitment mean very little these days.

I left a company I'd worked at for more than 3 decades in 2019 due to lack of respect. I was offered the opportunity to help salvage another company and in my first year achieved almost everything we had set out to do.

Then covid arrived and I became the only casualty and the new staff continue to do the job I brought them in to do and the company has survived.

The last year has taught me that work is not the be all and end all and mental health is so much more important.

It has also taught me the value of good friendship and shown me who my real friends are. "

Friends in need are friends indeed

"I've learned that dedication, hard work and commitment mean very little these days.

It has also taught me the value of good friendship and shown me who my real friends are. "

Thats rough man

"

What have u learnt

3. Lockdown doesn't affect one's beauty or modesty

Fixed that there for u bud "

It doesn't matter a fuck what you do!

Its reality

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

Did you manage to secure a new job buddy

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I've learnt loads of DIY stuff in the last year but no life philosophy stuff that I didn't know already.

From a perspective angle I really miss looking up or at a lovely cock and dangly balls rather than just looking down at the odd dick that crosses your path.

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

I'm still working and live in the same area as most family. life has changed for the time been in "living off the cuff". doing what you want to do at the spur of a moment. do I mind living like this? I don't mind level 2s but I dispise level 5s

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

It has also taught me the value of good friendship and shown me who my real friends are.

Did you manage to secure a new job buddy"

Got another almost immediately through one of those good friends but due to restrictions in hospitality I don't know if I'm working from one week to the next.Despite all that the craic is good, I've got time for a walk at lunchtime every day and the change of pace and less pressure is great.

By *hilaboutMan  over a year ago

kilkenny

Ah look hey it is what it is ..think of the fearful elderly or the youth deprived of their freedom ..chin up n get on with it

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

It has shown me that there is more to life than just work but I am very grateful that my job has been secure the whole way through this but so many have lost theirs. But I know now it's not my main priority anymore.

I found there are some amazing places to see close by and that hill walking is great for seeing them and I need to get lot fitter.

It's also made me value my friends and made me very grateful to those who are real friends. And to not bother with those who are not.

It's made me appreciate how stunning a part of the world we live in and I'm making a list of places I want to see when it's safe to do so.

I have missed going out for lunch etc with family and friends but will appreciate it even more when we finally can again.

And also how vunerable we actually are and how some can be very selfish and have zero empathy towards others if it affects their social lives.

And finally that common sense just isn't really that common after all.

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

Vulnerable, isolated and loneliness springs to mind

The only good thing the past year has given me is a better relationship with my son

I had my awakening about a decade ago, left my marriage and started focusing on what was really important to me and my loved ones. Covid has only reinforced this for me.

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

I learned to buy toilet paper, flour and buttetmilk regularly and not just when your stocks are low.

limerick

"I learned to buy toilet paper, flour and buttetmilk regularly and not just when your stocks are low. "

In days of yore

When men were bold

And toilets weren't invented

They wiped their ass with a bit of grass and walked away contented

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"I learned to buy toilet paper, flour and buttetmilk regularly and not just when your stocks are low.

In days of yore

When men were bold

They wiped their ass with a bit of grass and walked away contented "

CJ, what we don't know and don't want to know how McCarthy wipes his ass and what he's using the toilet paper actually for.

limerick

"I learned to buy toilet paper, flour and buttetmilk regularly and not just when your stocks are low.

In days of yore

When men were bold

They wiped their ass with a bit of grass and walked away contented

CJ, what we don't know and don't want to know how McCarthy wipes his ass and what he's using the toilet paper actually for. "

Well we know what the curtains are used to wipe

By *ubblegumandLimeCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

Did you manage to secure a new job buddy

Got another almost immediately through one of those good friends but due to restrictions in hospitality I don't know if I'm working from one week to the next.Despite all that the craic is good, I've got time for a walk at lunchtime every day and the change of pace and less pressure is great. "

Great to hear you landed on your feet. Hope all works out for you. Work definitely isn't the be all and end all. Living is so much more important. What we earn helps us live the lives we want. Mrs x

» Add a new message to this topic