FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > 6 nations

6 nations

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *scouple07 OP   Couple  over a year ago

louth, Ireland

Less than a week away til our fav time of the year, always an interesting day when Wales play Ireland in our household.

Unfortunately can see England winning it this year

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My money is on France this year. Good exciting young team coming through over there.

By *elfastDMan  over a year ago

belfast

I’m more keen to see how ireland can avoid being bad this year, I hate to say it but I’ve no confidence in Farrell’s selection or his tactics I just hope we’ve enough top class players to stay mid table

6nations!! My favourite time of the year. Its my valentines!

Cmon the reds! Mrs S x

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

It's hard to look past england,france are the only ones who could bother them

By *ore of thatMan  over a year ago

skerries

Sexton injured AGAIN

"Less than a week away til our fav time of the year, always an interesting day when Wales play Ireland in our household.

Unfortunately can see England winning it this year "

unfortunately England look favourites alright I'm heartbroken not to be going this year. Was at Wales v Ireland last year and it was actually the last game I was at in a year... Unreal

I think sexton is bit past it now however unfortunately there is nobody to step into he's position. Think Ireland might play a better game without him. Take last week against munster I'd was as if the leinster team were afraid to make a mistake. The minute he went off leinster played rugby.

"Less than a week away til our fav time of the year, always an interesting day when Wales play Ireland in our household.

Unfortunately can see England winning it this year unfortunately England look favourites alright I'm heartbroken not to be going this year. Was at Wales v Ireland last year and it was actually the last game I was at in a year... Unreal "

I feel your pain I had my tickets got for Scotland in Edinburgh. Was there 2 years ago. What craic we had. Unreal spot game weekend

louth, Ireland

"6nations!! My favourite time of the year. Its my valentines!

Cmon the reds! Mrs S x"

You are just like us with that then, and yes come on Cymru

Mr Gs

louth, Ireland

Unfortunately can see England winning it this year unfortunately England look favourites alright I'm heartbroken not to be going this year. Was at Wales v Ireland last year and it was actually the last game I was at in a year... Unreal "

We was there too, mrs Gs was alit happier that day

louth, Ireland

"Sexton injured AGAIN "

Could be a blessing for you, not been that good for past couple of years now

Unfortunately can see England winning it this year unfortunately England look favourites alright I'm heartbroken not to be going this year. Was at Wales v Ireland last year and it was actually the last game I was at in a year... Unreal I feel your pain I had my tickets got for Scotland in Edinburgh. Was there 2 years ago. What craic we had. Unreal spot game weekend"

ooh Edinburgh is fantastic... But i actually love Cardiff.. The stadium is right in the city and when roof is closed it the best atmosphere in the world... And then up to Mary Street for some craic with the amazing Welsh fans... Oh I miss it

louth, Ireland

Unfortunately can see England winning it this year unfortunately England look favourites alright I'm heartbroken not to be going this year. Was at Wales v Ireland last year and it was actually the last game I was at in a year... Unreal I feel your pain I had my tickets got for Scotland in Edinburgh. Was there 2 years ago. What craic we had. Unreal spot game weekend ooh Edinburgh is fantastic... But i actually love Cardiff.. The stadium is right in the city and when roof is closed it the best atmosphere in the world... And then up to Mary Street for some craic with the amazing Welsh fans... Oh I miss it "

Cardiff on game day is amazing, especially when the Irish are about, Dublin is great on the reverse fixture too

Been to Cardiff for the 2 munster Heineken Cup wins. Stadium is in a great location to be fair. Never there for international weekend tho

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

Cant wait for it to start

louth, Ireland

"Cant wait for it to start "

Hopefully it will still have the same intensity without the fans in the stadiums

Every international rugby player is built on the desire to win so can't see intensity being a problem

Unfortunately can see England winning it this year unfortunately England look favourites alright I'm heartbroken not to be going this year. Was at Wales v Ireland last year and it was actually the last game I was at in a year... Unreal I feel your pain I had my tickets got for Scotland in Edinburgh. Was there 2 years ago. What craic we had. Unreal spot game weekend ooh Edinburgh is fantastic... But i actually love Cardiff.. The stadium is right in the city and when roof is closed it the best atmosphere in the world... And then up to Mary Street for some craic with the amazing Welsh fans... Oh I miss it

Cardiff on game day is amazing, especially when the Irish are about, Dublin is great on the reverse fixture too"

100%

By *alwaylad69Man  over a year ago

Galway mayo

Can't wait for it come the boys n green

Im on tender hooks already. But Green will be 3 in the final pecking order I think. I should stop thinking.

Shoulder to shoulder

By *uriouscouplebelfastCouple  over a year ago

Carryduff

Used 2 love going 2 edinburgh 2 support the boys in green in the 6 nations deff our fav trip

Think england will win this year tho

By *ercedes60Man  over a year ago

waterford

England will win. It will be hard watching. I was lucky to be in Cardiff when Ireland won the grand slam

By *owdyBoobyMan  over a year ago

limerick

Will all depend on keeping Covid out

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

"I’m more keen to see how ireland can avoid being bad this year, I hate to say it but I’ve no confidence in Farrell’s selection or his tactics I just hope we’ve enough top class players to stay mid table"

Farrell is clueless.. He's a league man through and through.. He has virtually no experience in union.. to have given him the job of an international team manager was crazy.. Ireland to have another bad tournament like last year and yes his selection was daft he didn't pick enough props.. It's a huge gamble.. He's relying on healy to not get injured and if he does Kilcoyne will have to fill in and he picked too many for the backrow.. Daft thinking altogether..anyway let's hope for a few decent games

tipperary

"I’m more keen to see how ireland can avoid being bad this year, I hate to say it but I’ve no confidence in Farrell’s selection or his tactics I just hope we’ve enough top class players to stay mid table

Farrell is clueless.. He's a league man through and through.. He has virtually no experience in union.. to have given him the job of an international team manager was crazy.. Ireland to have another bad tournament like last year and yes his selection was daft he didn't pick enough props.. It's a huge gamble.. He's relying on healy to not get injured and if he does Kilcoyne will have to fill in and he picked too many for the backrow.. Daft thinking altogether..anyway let's hope for a few decent games "

hes played at club and country level,hes coaching for the last 21 years....I'd say that's a fair bit of experience

tipperary

"I’m more keen to see how ireland can avoid being bad this year, I hate to say it but I’ve no confidence in Farrell’s selection or his tactics I just hope we’ve enough top class players to stay mid table

Farrell is clueless.. He's a league man through and through.. He has virtually no experience in union.. to have given him the job of an international team manager was crazy.. Ireland to have another bad tournament like last year and yes his selection was daft he didn't pick enough props.. It's a huge gamble.. He's relying on healy to not get injured and if he does Kilcoyne will have to fill in and he picked too many for the backrow.. Daft thinking altogether..anyway let's hope for a few decent games

hes played at club and country level,hes coaching for the last 21 years....I'd say that's a fair bit of experience"

Coaching and playing for

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man  over a year ago

Belfast

I’d say England and France will duke it out for the trophy.

I just think Ireland’s backline is great going forward but poor defensively. Fullback is especially worrying. I don’t fancy larmour or stockdale (when fit) making that crucial last ditch tackle when the game is on the line.

That being said, gives you something to look forward to at the weekend and something to talk to people about as craic is in scarce supply.

Couldn't give a fuck about the green bottlers!! Overhyped for the last 20 years, no one crumbles any easier and none of the established rugby nations have as an embarassing track record at the rugby World Cup.

Sure they will give any second rate foreigner a rugby contract at the expense of developing Irish talent. Theyre pathetic.

louth

hes played at club and country level,hes coaching for the last 21 years....I'd say that's a fair bit of experience"

Hes a league man not union always was.. Last year was bad this year will be the same

tipperary

"I’d say England and France will duke it out for the trophy.

I just think Ireland’s backline is great going forward but poor defensively. Fullback is especially worrying. I don’t fancy larmour or stockdale (when fit) making that crucial last ditch tackle when the game is on the line.

That being said, gives you something to look forward to at the weekend and something to talk to people about as craic is in scarce supply. "

Itll be good to watch alright,it could be sextons last 6 nations too,his contract is up in june/july and his form hasn't been great

louth

"Couldn't give a fuck about the green bottlers!! Overhyped for the last 20 years, no one crumbles any easier and none of the established rugby nations have as an embarassing track record at the rugby World Cup.

Sure they will give any second rate foreigner a rugby contract at the expense of developing Irish talent. Theyre pathetic. "

England team is the same.. Itoje is Nigerian.. Vunipola brothers are Pacific islanders not to mention the English born players of foreign descent.. France has so many Africans now you'd think it was senegal playing.. Point is its not only Ireland that can't find talent even big countries like England and France have similar problems but you're right so many 2nd rate players who were too shit to make it in their own countries where snapped up by Ireland doesn't exactly inspire confidence..

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man  over a year ago

Belfast

"Couldn't give a fuck about the green bottlers!! Overhyped for the last 20 years, no one crumbles any easier and none of the established rugby nations have as an embarassing track record at the rugby World Cup.

Sure they will give any second rate foreigner a rugby contract at the expense of developing Irish talent. Theyre pathetic.

England team is the same.. Itoje is Nigerian.. Vunipola brothers are Pacific islanders not to mention the English born players of foreign descent.. France has so many Africans now you'd think it was senegal playing.. Point is its not only Ireland that can't find talent even big countries like England and France have similar problems but you're right so many 2nd rate players who were too shit to make it in their own countries where snapped up by Ireland doesn't exactly inspire confidence.. "

I’d always prefer to have Bundee Aki running with me than running at me!

tipperary

hes played at club and country level,hes coaching for the last 21 years....I'd say that's a fair bit of experience

Hes a league man not union always was.. Last year was bad this year will be the same "

I think he played with a union team...then coached them...coached 2 international teams one was ireland...then one of our provinces...then our international team,yip def all league there with him

Hes a league man not union always was.. Last year was bad this year will be the same "

You're wasting your time trying to explain it any further on here. He played almost his whole career league, was a professional from about the age of 16. Basically went to Union towards the end of his career but only when union went professional simply for the money. Has a handful of caps for England at Union but never did anything of note, was usually slated by the media post match as being all hype actually, less than 30 first team games for saracens.

So basically his whole background and what he knows and does best is league. Simply switched to union for the money. And is continuing to bluff his way.

Some people simply see the statistics on the surface and don't have the wit to look any deeper or interpret them. This wouldn't be the first occasion.

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

6 nations is great to have, something to watch but I don't expect ireland to do anything. when JS went, they should of had a total clean out and got a new coach, someone who hadn't been there already. start with a total clean slate.

tipperary

Hes a league man not union always was.. Last year was bad this year will be the same

You're wasting your time trying to explain it any further on here. He played almost his whole career league, was a professional from about the age of 16. Basically went to Union towards the end of his career but only when union went professional simply for the money. Has a handful of caps for England at Union but never did anything of note, was usually slated by the media post match as being all hype actually, less than 30 first team games for saracens.

So basically his whole background and what he knows and does best is league. Simply switched to union for the money. And is continuing to bluff his way.

Some people simply see the statistics on the surface and don't have the wit to look any deeper or interpret them. This wouldn't be the first occasion. "

Yeah....quite the bluffer...an international coach...

Part of the coaching staff with ireland when the won the grand slam...

Appointed by the best coach in the world

Part of coaching staff when england got to the quarter finals...

Ohhh and part of and played with the england team that got to the world cup final...hes a good buffer alright

tipperary

Stick to the asthma and apple trees

And he was also part of the coaching staff on a winning British and Irish Lions tour.

Quite the bluffer alright!!

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

I wouldn't call Farrell a buffer but I think ireland needed a total overhaul.

Some people simply see the statistics on the surface and don't have the wit to look any deeper or interpret them. This wouldn't be the first occasion.

Ohhh and part of and played with the england team that got to the world cup final...hes a good buffer alright

"

You've just described a bluffer!!!

He's never been the main man and won nothing on his own merit. He's bluffed his way though on the coat tails of others, talking a good game.

Your last point typifies your knowledge as usual, he has 8 England Rugby Union caps in total including as a substitute. He was constantly criticised for his appearances in an England shirt and he never played a game after the group stages at that world cup. He has less than 30 as a top flight rugby player.

The reason he's not involved in Rugby league anymore is simply that there is more money in union and he's trading on his league reputation.

Hes a bluffer, just as you are with your superficial stats. And similarly he's also all mouth and no trousers.

Time for new pants!!

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

England team is the same.. Itoje is Nigerian.. Vunipola brothers are Pacific islanders not to mention the English born players of foreign descent.. France has so many Africans now you'd think it was senegal playing.. Point is its not only Ireland that can't find talent even big countries like England and France have similar problems but you're right so many 2nd rate players who were too shit to make it in their own countries where snapped up by Ireland doesn't exactly inspire confidence.. "

Sorry to burst your bubble but Maro Itoje was born in Camden. Last time I checked that's in London, England NOT Nigeria.

The Vunipola brothers came to the UK as kids. At what point do you consider someone eligible to play for the country they've made their lives in and what effect would that have on all the Irish who have and still are settling around the globe? Are they still foreigners in those countries? Can they only play for Ireland forever?

tipperary

He's never been the main man and won nothing on his own merit. He's bluffed his way though on the coat tails of others, talking a good game.

Your last point typifies your knowledge as usual, he has 8 England Rugby Union caps in total including as a substitute. He was constantly criticised for his appearances in an England shirt and he never played a game after the group stages at that world cup. He has less than 30 as a top flight rugby player.

The reason he's not involved in Rugby league anymore is simply that there is more money in union and he's trading on his league reputation.

Hes a bluffer, just as you are with your superficial stats. And similarly he's also all mouth and no trousers. "

Like I said,stick to the asthma and apple trees

England team is the same.. Itoje is Nigerian.. Vunipola brothers are Pacific islanders not to mention the English born players of foreign descent.. France has so many Africans now you'd think it was senegal playing.. Point is its not only Ireland that can't find talent even big countries like England and France have similar problems but you're right so many 2nd rate players who were too shit to make it in their own countries where snapped up by Ireland doesn't exactly inspire confidence..

Sorry to burst your bubble but Maro Itoje was born in Camden. Last time I checked that's in London, England NOT Nigeria.

The Vunipola brothers came to the UK as kids. At what point do you consider someone eligible to play for the country they've made their lives in and what effect would that have on all the Irish who have and still are settling around the globe? Are they still foreigners in those countries? Can they only play for Ireland forever?

"

I consider it when someone moves to another country as an adult to play rugby professionally and 'adopts' that country as a their national team they choose to play for simply because they are rewards with an irfu contract. They have no allegiance to ireland other than for monetary gain!!

I'm not interested in what other countries do with their teams.

Hes a bluffer, just as you are with your superficial stats. And similarly he's also all mouth and no trousers.

Like I said,stick to the asthma and apple trees "

Good one! . That's answered that, and you were able to make your case as usual.... Not!!

Now you slink off silently withoit having any substance to your points as usual.

tipperary

Good one! . That's answered that, and you were able to make your case as usual.... Not!!

Now you slink off silently withoit having any substance to your points as usual.

"

I'll do that,keep watching those apple trees

I'll do that,keep watching those apple trees"

Don't forget to get new pants!

tipperary

I'll do that,keep watching those apple trees

Don't forget to get new pants! "

Already bought,its nice to see you taking an intrest in my profile xx

» Add a new message to this topic