FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > rockers

rockers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

any rock fans on here, rock chicks r guys, want to chat about music

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

used to be, but music doesnt really interest me as much anymore.

which is a shame.

would love to be more into music than i am, but the bands that are around now and just, well, a bit shit, tbh

why? What sort of stuff were u into?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I could never just not care about music anymore no matter what age I am, its the soundtrack to your life!

I used to be an 80s rock chick, but I have more of a 'wide spread' taste now lol

me 2 but rock is still the best

mullinwire

i generally like 70's and 80's soft rock.

like some newer bands, but its usually 90's bands like pulp/blur/blink182/offspring and so on.

even foo fighters i like, and although they are still going, i got into them from the first album, so dont count them as new music.

just feel that since the turn of the century, music has lost its way, or at least, Cowell doesnt cater for the likes of ME so music doesnt bother with us.

couldnt tell you the last time, or what album, i bought was.

u're missing out on so much u should get back in2 it, some great bands out there

mullinwire

please feel free to try and refresh my mind.

even guitar based bands are all the same.

jesus, kings of leon were underground (and decent) until they had a music industry makeover to make them more 'teenager' friendly.

no they are a pop band, with a slight edge.

its the way things go. its all about selling millions of records instead of cultivaing truly innovative music now, and thats why music died about 15 years ago, imo

" and thats why music died about 15 years ago, imo"

I think pretty much all generations said something similar. I remember being told that the music I'm listening to is not real music and has no melody. I like today's music, I struggled big time when grunge arrived, just couldn't get used to it after all the pretty boys in the 80s lol. 90s generally weren't my favourite. Yes, KOL have become more mainstream, but it's still good music. Nothing wrong with being catchy, I think. Loved the rawness of their early ones though. To me, as long as I can sing along to a good tune, I'm usually quite happy.

Can't beat a bit of Rock to get the blood pumping!!

mullinwire

" and thats why music died about 15 years ago, imo

I think pretty much all generations said something similar. I remember being told that the music I'm listening to is not real music and has no melody. I like today's music, I struggled big time when grunge arrived, just couldn't get used to it after all the pretty boys in the 80s lol. 90s generally weren't my favourite. Yes, KOL have become more mainstream, but it's still good music. Nothing wrong with being catchy, I think. Loved the rawness of their early ones though. To me, as long as I can sing along to a good tune, I'm usually quite happy. "

god your so easily pleased lol.

em is the same.

summat catchy, and she can bop to, and she is happy, although she loves disco (70's) and the bloody irish folk stuff that she bombards my senses with (mind, its not all bad, but it has its moments)

i used to be a mobile DJ and there were so many songs i would refuse to play, simply because people loved them, but anything by radiohead is harldy a party starter lol

" and thats why music died about 15 years ago, imo

I think pretty much all generations said something similar. I remember being told that the music I'm listening to is not real music and has no melody. I like today's music, I struggled big time when grunge arrived, just couldn't get used to it after all the pretty boys in the 80s lol. 90s generally weren't my favourite. Yes, KOL have become more mainstream, but it's still good music. Nothing wrong with being catchy, I think. Loved the rawness of their early ones though. To me, as long as I can sing along to a good tune, I'm usually quite happy.

god your so easily pleased lol.

em is the same.

summat catchy, and she can bop to, and she is happy, although she loves disco (70's) and the bloody irish folk stuff that she bombards my senses with (mind, its not all bad, but it has its moments)

i used to be a mobile DJ and there were so many songs i would refuse to play, simply because people loved them, but anything by radiohead is harldy a party starter lol"

There's music for a good time and there's music for reflection. My brother is a DJ as well and he refuses to play some songs too. Such a snob lol! As a DJ you're here to entertain the crowd, so there!

mullinwire

" There's music for a good time and there's music for reflection. My brother is a DJ as well and he refuses to play some songs too. Such a snob lol! As a DJ you're here to entertain the crowd, so there! "

absolutely.

but when you have people jumping, and enjoying themselves, you really dont wanna chuck Karma Police on and scream 'thats it guys n girls, slit ya wrists on the dancefloor. scream if ya wanna go deeper' lol.

" There's music for a good time and there's music for reflection. My brother is a DJ as well and he refuses to play some songs too. Such a snob lol! As a DJ you're here to entertain the crowd, so there!

absolutely.

but when you have people jumping, and enjoying themselves, you really dont wanna chuck Karma Police on and scream 'thats it guys n girls, slit ya wrists on the dancefloor. scream if ya wanna go deeper' lol."

ah I misunderstood you. My brother doesn't play some of the more mainstream stuff because he's a snob lol

has to be nickelback and he,s hot as well so its a bonus

By *allymenacplCouple  over a year ago

ballymena

love rock well most of it foos of course are my fave cos dave grohl is god lol

i like lots of groups listening to alot of twin atlantic atm and skindred but really any rock gets me up and dancing badly

im into any kind of music really because most music has its place but wen im sitting down lisning to something i like to hear chilled out easygoing choons or fast borderline metal songs

Borderline metal? No such thing. It's either rock or metal theres no "borderline"

» Add a new message to this topic