FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Earliest Memory

Earliest Memory

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *og-Man OP   Man  over a year ago

somewhere

I can remember being thrown up and down in the air and being caught again by my dads brother who died when I was only 4.

I haven't a clue how old I was but I can remember being happy and laughing

He only met me once before he died as he lived abroad

Whats your earliest memory

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I can remember my grandfather sitting in a chair, the last time I would have seen him was 2 months before my 3rd birthday.

Of course, I can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday....

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Hearing music from the marquee where the Parish priest was holding a fundraiser and walking with my grandfather who died in 1968 when I was 3.

I have some memories dating back as far as 3 or 4.

I've started journalling. Ever hear, smell or see something that brings back so many forgotten memories? That's why.

I just write down some good memories I had, along with the bad to look back at in several years time

Sitting on a wall near Blackrock Castle with my parents watching boats going into Cork.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

Being a bridesmaid when I was three

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

My first proper memory is being with my sister and us having a giggle about something and she holding my hand when I was about 3 and our dog lying next to us in the garden.

By *iablo soloWoman  over a year ago

Southside

I've a very vivid memory of being left in a buggy at the bottom of the stairs in dunnes stores with a packet of ice gems.....so easily bought off back then...so my mother could look at the clothes department upstairs!!

somewhere

"I've a very vivid memory of being left in a buggy at the bottom of the stairs in dunnes stores with a packet of ice gems.....so easily bought off back then...so my mother could look at the clothes department upstairs!!"

Those were the days ...leaving the baby in the pram outside the house or the shops

I know from the photos my grandparents kept how old I have had: first time Ive seen the Baltic Sea. I remember the smell of the fresh caught and fried fish by my dad. I had almost 4 years old. I remember the bear in the woods -been with granny and mum picking mushrooms

I was excited but mum was trying to keep me silent.

Half of my family live in small villages in the mountains, so seeing wild animals were normal to them. I was growing up in a small town about 100 km away from the mountains.

And apple tart the smell and taste the jam made from wild berries too

Great memories!

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

I have a vague memory of being bounced on my grandfather's knees and him doing the surprise dropsy between them occasionally, so less than 2.

Everything after that is even blurrier

Finding a frog in the garden.it was huge. Well in the hand of an almost 3year old

Southside

"I've a very vivid memory of being left in a buggy at the bottom of the stairs in dunnes stores with a packet of ice gems.....so easily bought off back then...so my mother could look at the clothes department upstairs!!

Those were the days ...leaving the baby in the pram outside the house or the shops "

Strapped into the silver cross!

Aged maybe 3 I was stood in a meadow of butter cups counting my fingers , my older sisters playing nearby.

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

I used wear a patch over one eye in a bid to enhance the vision of the weaker eye and every morning my mum had to put a cream in to the corner of my eye so my eldest sister would lead by the hand to school

I was in junior infants so about 4

Going to collect my sister from hospital when she was born,,, I was 2 and a half,,,

By *DSGCouple  over a year ago

That place in

Learning to walk by my cousin she was holding my hand and when I told her years later about it, she couldn't believe I remembered and I was right about where I was, would of be about a year/18 months at a guess

I can remember going for a pint and meeting people of fab

A 3 day wake with a cadaver young Kaizer had never known

My Mother taking away my soother and putting it up high so I couldn't reach it I was bawling looking for it . Maybe that's why I love sucking things

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

I remember standing in a cot in my parents room which was up against a wallpapered wall. There was a little section of the wallpaper peeling off and who can resist tugging at that so I grabbed it and pulled. Not sure what age I was.

By *appytoadsCouple  over a year ago

West Dublin

Being lost in a wool sale in Clearys in O'Connell street, was found outside store street cards station walked all that way on my own, remember my dad killing me for the worry I caused!!I was nearly 4

By *ORDERMANMan  over a year ago

wrexham

I can recall about 3 wandering into parents bedroom and thinking they were playing rodeo so I jumped on dads back ...yeahaaa

Until he shouted at me...

Left town where born when 18mths..

Didnt revisit till about 12...

Instantly recognised park where grandfather took me in pram for a walk..

Rathmines, my 5th birthday. My uncle bought me a bag of crisps.

"I've a very vivid memory of being left in a buggy at the bottom of the stairs in dunnes stores with a packet of ice gems.....so easily bought off back then...so my mother could look at the clothes department upstairs!!"

My mother left me in a pram outside a shop, went in, did the shopping, came out and took the bus home....

My dad asked her where's the baby!! Thankfully I was still there, fast asleep !!

somewhere

"I've a very vivid memory of being left in a buggy at the bottom of the stairs in dunnes stores with a packet of ice gems.....so easily bought off back then...so my mother could look at the clothes department upstairs!!

My mother left me in a pram outside a shop, went in, did the shopping, came out and took the bus home....

My dad asked her where's the baby!! Thankfully I was still there, fast asleep !! "

I once drove to work,got to the office in town and then remembered that my 2 yr old was still strapped into his carseat on the back seat of the car

He'd fallen asleep so I turned around and drove back to his creche ...10 miles away

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

I can remember my parents making a fuss when I reached the door handle and opened it. Haven't a clue how old I was.

By *uess.who30Man  over a year ago

Galway/Dublin/London

I can remember my parents having a heated argument during their seperation (i know by the house we were living in, the one we had lived in after moving from my fathers).. i dont remember sights (think my eyes were closed) or what was said... but i do remember that evening very clearly.. my father held me in his arms with my arms wrapped around him as they argued.. based on knowing when they separated and memories after in that house i would guess i was circa 2.5 years old

P.s. this is not a sad story, this seperation should be celebrated for everyone involved (you'll never meet 2 more opposite people) and i commend them for the bravery of making that choice at that time with a young family, as the easy option would have been to stay together but would have destroyed us all!

However, i often wonder if it was my realisation my parents were finished that night that has caused it to stay with me forever?

Don't you just love psychology!?

Southside

My dad asked her where's the baby!! Thankfully I was still there, fast asleep !! "

Omg you must have had a family pack of ice gems! if that happened me, my mother wouldnt have returned! I was a right demon as a child!

My dad asked her where's the baby!! Thankfully I was still there, fast asleep !!

Omg you must have had a family pack of ice gems! if that happened me, my mother wouldnt have returned! I was a right demon as a child!"

that demon grew up to be a diablo... Who would have thought!!

Southside

Omg you must have had a family pack of ice gems! if that happened me, my mother wouldnt have returned! I was a right demon as a child! that demon grew up to be a diablo... Who would have thought!! "

Quiet true!

» Add a new message to this topic