FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Bloodlands

Bloodlands

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *og-Man OP   Man  over a year ago

somewhere

Ok no spoilers for a start I'm well aware of the fact that everyone hasn't caught up yet

Last night james nesbitt was driving in a mountain range and it looked pretty spectacular

I'd like to put it on my list of places to visit or drive across eventually

Can anyone give me the location please

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Haven't seen the last episode yet so depends which episode you are talking about? Most of it was shot in the Mournes and around Strangford Lough.

somewhere

"Haven't seen the last episode yet so depends which episode you are talking about? Most of it was shot in the Mournes and around Strangford Lough. "

Was thinking of you when I was writing the post as I know you head out walking

There's a particular scene where the mountains look pretty spectacular

By *Belfast_FellaMan  over a year ago

belfast

I think it was the Mournes, they were certainly referenced (though why anyone would go from Belfast to the Mournes to head to the border, as someone suggested at one stage, is beyond me).

By *iss3BWoman  over a year ago

north down

Ahhh I love the mournes, spectacular scenery

belfast

"Ahhh I love the mournes, spectacular scenery "

You've a spectacular pair of hills yourself.

By *eanbelfastMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"Ok no spoilers for a start I'm well aware of the fact that everyone hasn't caught up yet

Last night james nesbitt was driving in a mountain range and it looked pretty spectacular

Can anyone give me the location please "

I was the mournes and yea they are spectacular and well worth a visit and even better to walk

By *eanbelfastMan  over a year ago

Belfast

No spoilers but some of the accents in the show were really off putting but glad I stuck with it

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

Probably the Mournes.. As someone else stated it was filmed near Strangford.. The series itself is a bit mehh.. Watchable though

north down

"No spoilers but some of the accents in the show were really off putting but glad I stuck with it "

I find that with any shows set here the accents can be awful at times.

north down

"Ok no spoilers for a start I'm well aware of the fact that everyone hasn't caught up yet

Can anyone give me the location please

I was the mournes and yea they are spectacular and well worth a visit and even better to walk "

I feel blessed living this far down

Belfast

"I think it was the Mournes, they were certainly referenced (though why anyone would go from Belfast to the Mournes to head to the border, as someone suggested at one stage, is beyond me)."

Probably because it's not set in Belfast. It's a fictional area along Strangford Lough

Belfast

The road he is driving on is the Trassey Road in the Mournes and the house he stops at is beside Happy Valley between Sliabh Meelmore and Meelbeg.

By *rmrspumpCouple  over a year ago

narnia

I believe it was filmed around Ballymartin in the Mournes. Its brutally beautiful area, the road from Hilltown to killkeel past spelga dam, or from Burren to Rostrevor are stunning

somewhere

"The road he is driving on is the Trassey Road in the Mournes and the house he stops at is beside Happy Valley between Sliabh Meelmore and Meelbeg. "

Thanks RB ....I'll put it on my list for next year hopefully

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

It's a stunning area I think sometimes we don't appreciate what amazing scenery we have so close to us.

somewhere

"It's a stunning area I think sometimes we don't appreciate what amazing scenery we have so close to us. "

Really true...I've been taking my time to slow down during work and appreciate it more

Last week I walked an empty beach in Kilmore Quay and Saturday I stopped at a lake in Mullingar coming from longford just to admire the view and have a coffee

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Can anyone give me the location please "

The Mournes and near Silent valley. Spectacular area for walking and climbing too. People shouldn't be fooled by them either it's a big area and takes lives. There are some easy access and therefore popular areas and some far less popular.

somewhere

I wont be climbing or walking but i like driving around spectacular scenery and getting out to admire the view

I watched the scene again last night and the mountains look great and I've never been that way before

"I wont be climbing or walking but i like driving around spectacular scenery and getting out to admire the view

I watched the scene again last night and the mountains look great and I've never been that way before "

Well worth a detoure. The B27 out of kilkeel is a lovely one to drive through and turn off to Lough Shannagh. You have to retrace back as it's doesn't go on but it's well worth it.

Belfast

Continuity was crap though. The scenes were shot on the opposite side of the Mournes from silent valley and nowhere near the actual park.

The weather is changeable but to go from a full on blizzard to sunshine and not a snowflake to be seen on the same road is a bit of a leap.

And the trip from Trassey Road to the Strangford Ferry is almost an hour and not a few mins as they suggested.

somewhere

"Continuity was crap though. The scenes were shot on the opposite side of the Mournes from silent valley and nowhere near the actual park.

The weather is changeable but to go from a full on blizzard to sunshine and not a snowflake to be seen on the same road is a bit of a leap.

And the trip from Trassey Road to the Strangford Ferry is almost an hour and not a few mins as they suggested.

"

The snow was an obvious mistake alright

Its a laugh watching a programme when you know the area it's filmed in

Love hate had people driving from Dublin airport to croke park via The Naas road in nearly every episode

At least "line of Duty" which starts back this weekend never actually mentions Belfast as far as I know

"Continuity was crap though. The scenes were shot on the opposite side of the Mournes from silent valley and nowhere near the actual park.

Love hate had people driving from Dublin airport to croke park via The Naas road in nearly every episode

At least "line of Duty" which starts back this weekend never actually mentions Belfast as far as I know

"

GOT, was filmed in all different locations and merged as are most productions.

We forget it's not live and yet we expect perfection.

I will say I've seen heavy snow lying with sunshine and only a few miles away, no snow with sunshine. This isn't that uncommon especially on the mountains, where one can have driving rain in one area and close by clear sunshine.

belfast

"

LOD deliberately doesn't mention the city it's set in.

There does seem to be something about setting shows in Ireland, north or south, that has us watching the locations going 'that doesn't make sense.' I wonder do people do it in other cities round the world?

By *ecentguy321Man  over a year ago

nearby

Iv heard the actings terrible so ive avoided it.

Should i give it a whirl?

By *eepixieWoman  over a year ago

belfast

Understand everyone’s comments about the areas used & no continuity. Remember it’s fiction, do they make a drama series using beautiful locations & keeping with the exact time to travel etc. in any other towns in the uk? I’d very much doubt it! Just my opinion lol

"Iv heard the actings terrible so ive avoided it.

Should i give it a whirl?"

Aye the acting is not good,our Jimmys had an of day, woeful accents and those face expressions. Ep1-2 good the other two crap.

By *iktikiCouple  over a year ago

city centre

"Iv heard the actings terrible so ive avoided it.

Should i give it a whirl?

Aye the acting is not good,our Jimmys had an of day, woeful accents and those face expressions. Ep1-2 good the other two crap. "

» Add a new message to this topic