FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > First impressions

First impressions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Any guys ever spoken to a hot body for so long after sending a face pic from the get go to get disappointed from her face pic? Hmmmmm

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Do you look at the mantelpiece when your poking the fire haha

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Do you look at the mantelpiece when your poking the fire haha "
why not cut a whole in your mattress in that case

I have a habit of projecting faces onto bodies - my brain will automatically fill in the blanks. It's often unreliable though and I've been surprised when I eventually see the face. The thing that catches me out most with guys is hair colour. One fella in particular we've been talking to for an age, my brain very quickly decided he was dark haired and even though we've known for quite some time now he's actually blond, in my head he's still dark

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman  over a year ago

in the waves

Some people have a thing for faces and that's OK. I personally need to be attracted to someone's face or its not happening.

Don't get too hooked on what their face looks like.. there is a lot more to discover if you only look.

"Do you look at the mantelpiece when your poking the fire haha why not cut a whole in your mattress in that case"

I guess so but there is a lot more to people than just s pretty face looks isnt everything.

It’s always the last piece of the puzzle and you just never know what you’re going to get. Even though it’s hard at that point, it’s important to still be honest

The whole process is the reverse of the norm-face first, body later

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I prefer to speak to a person and not just a body and yes I can imagine it gets awkward when a head doesn't fit in.

By *vpamelaTV/TS  over a year ago

kinkville

Is that not what masks are for?

"I prefer to speak to a person and not just a body and yes I can imagine it gets awkward when a head doesn't fit in. "

It’s a lot to try to fit in in fairness. Easier on the way out

[Removed by poster at 19/03/21 11:31:42]

For me its the other persons personality to chat ,not just their looks.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I don't talk to hot bodies. I prefer to talk to the person themselves. I'm usually more disappointed that way than by face pics.

"Some people have a thing for faces and that's OK. I personally need to be attracted to someone's face or its not happening.

"

... I agree for me too

By *iquidRavenMan  over a year ago

Dublin

It's the age old addage.. "beware the body of the Venus as often a head like a welly it supports"

Old Roman proverb

"I don't talk to hot bodies. I prefer to talk to the person themselves. I'm usually more disappointed that way than by face pics. "

Bingo

Surely the personality is more important than the face,especially if you know the person from chatting.

Maybe its because of posts like these that you waited so long for a face pic, please tell me you never said this to that poor woman

You only get one shot at a first impression

We all get tarred with the same brush

By *eaAndBenCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

[Removed by poster at 19/03/21 13:50:51]

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"Any guys ever spoken to a hot body for so long after sending a face pic from the get go to get disappointed from her face pic? Hmmmmm "

This is why I always ask for a face pic straight away!

By *eepixieWoman  over a year ago

belfast

I used to think I’d need to be attracted to the face to go any further. But it’s definitely not a deal breaker for me. I’ve done the chatting online for months before seeing a face which I didn’t find attractive, I still find an attraction in the person themselves.

Attraction is key for me. And always attracted to a profile with tantalising and sex appeal pictures rather the straight up dick pics. Always something about a sensual picture

"I used to think I’d need to be attracted to the face to go any further. But it’s definitely not a deal breaker for me. I’ve done the chatting online for months before seeing a face which I didn’t find attractive, I still find an attraction in the person themselves. "
... I will admit that I do like a pretty face. Before the person even says a word that's what you see..But i remember a really good looking woman say to me that a guy messaged her and she saw his face. To her he was not instantly attractive and not her type at all... The more they messaged the more she was drawn to him, after a while she found him irresistible and they ended up meeting

I was told by a guy years ago. Nobody's ugly, everyone has some great feature you just have to find it. Could be nice eyes, nice lips etc. This always stuck with me. I do also believe that people take bad photos of themselves so I never judge off this. I have pics of me where I look like an absolute potato.

It's a mixture of everything but the personality has to win me over

Dublin

" I do also believe that people take bad photos of themselves so I never judge off this. I have pics of me where I look like an absolute potato.

"

Same, I have some dreadful pics...but I'd never send them to someone I was trying to fuck!!!! Sometimes the fact that someone shared an awful pic with me is more off-putting than anything else tbh

" I do also believe that people take bad photos of themselves so I never judge off this. I have pics of me where I look like an absolute potato.

Same, I have some dreadful pics...but I'd never send them to someone I was trying to fuck!!!! Sometimes the fact that someone shared an awful pic with me is more off-putting than anything else tbh "

Oh agreed but I think women are more aware of angles and lighting etc. Some of the profiles on tinder you're like omg why would you put that pic of yourself online? You are doing yourself an injustice

Dublin

Same, I have some dreadful pics...but I'd never send them to someone I was trying to fuck!!!! Sometimes the fact that someone shared an awful pic with me is more off-putting than anything else tbh

Oh agreed but I think women are more aware of angles and lighting etc. Some of the profiles on tinder you're like omg why would you put that pic of yourself online? You are doing yourself an injustice "

Absolutely true but I still am not keen on someone who doesn't know how to make themselves look good (or doesn't care to)

"Surely the personality is more important than the face,especially if you know the person from chatting."

Personality is important but if I'm not attracted to the face then it's not happening. The converse is also true.

Love a good smile

By *eepixieWoman  over a year ago

belfast

"I used to think I’d need to be attracted to the face to go any further. But it’s definitely not a deal breaker for me. I’ve done the chatting online for months before seeing a face which I didn’t find attractive, I still find an attraction in the person themselves. ... I will admit that I do like a pretty face. Before the person even says a word that's what you see..But i remember a really good looking woman say to me that a guy messaged her and she saw his face. To her he was not instantly attractive and not her type at all... The more they messaged the more she was drawn to him, after a while she found him irresistible and they ended up meeting "

I’ve been seeing that particular one for 6 months or so. He’s not a bit attractive, but a gentleman. So it does happen!

While facial cues and body language have the strongest effect on first impressions, the latter are made way too fast to be completely accurate and are highly influenced by stereotypes. Sometimes giving a second try is worth it.

By *nquisitive ladyWoman  over a year ago

meath

A great personality makes someone look far more attractive to me. Looks definitely draw me in but a personality keeps me interested

By *nquisitive ladyWoman  over a year ago

meath

"While facial cues and body language have the strongest effect on first impressions, the latter are made way too fast to be completely accurate and are highly influenced by stereotypes. Sometimes giving a second try is worth it."

Absolutely.

"I don't talk to hot bodies. I prefer to talk to the person themselves. I'm usually more disappointed that way than by face pics. "

I so agree with that !

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

So hard to judge attraction from a face pic. It's more to do with attitude, confidence, how they carry themselves, how they look at you etc. If you've been chatting and getting on well for quite a while then surely their face isn't so important?

"So hard to judge attraction from a face pic. It's more to do with attitude, confidence, how they carry themselves, how they look at you etc. If you've been chatting and getting on well for quite a while then surely their face isn't so important?"
yes I agree... Body language is an unbelievable attraction and probably the strongest way of sending signals to someone.. And that will never come across here. But surely a face is attractive too... A beautiful face can be very alluring

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

"So hard to judge attraction from a face pic. It's more to do with attitude, confidence, how they carry themselves, how they look at you etc. If you've been chatting and getting on well for quite a while then surely their face isn't so important? yes I agree... Body language is an unbelievable attraction and probably the strongest way of sending signals to someone.. And that will never come across here. But surely a face is attractive too... A beautiful face can be very alluring "

Absolutely, a beautiful face can be very alluring, but it's in no way the most important feature. We've been sent a few good-looking face pics with a "Hi" message (1-word). Not at all attractive to us, maybe to others though

Dublin

"So hard to judge attraction from a face pic. It's more to do with attitude, confidence, how they carry themselves, how they look at you etc. If you've been chatting and getting on well for quite a while then surely their face isn't so important? yes I agree... Body language is an unbelievable attraction and probably the strongest way of sending signals to someone.. And that will never come across here. But surely a face is attractive too... A beautiful face can be very alluring

Absolutely, a beautiful face can be very alluring, but it's in no way the most important feature. We've been sent a few good-looking face pics with a "Hi" message (1-word). Not at all attractive to us, maybe to others though "

A good looking face isn't enough by itself but a good personality isn't enough without physical attraction...for me anyway

"So hard to judge attraction from a face pic. It's more to do with attitude, confidence, how they carry themselves, how they look at you etc. If you've been chatting and getting on well for quite a while then surely their face isn't so important?"

Not in and of itself, no. But still I need to be attracted to the whole package...and that includes the face.

"Any guys ever spoken to a hot body for so long after sending a face pic from the get go to get disappointed from her face pic? Hmmmmm "

I spoke to a woman on here that everyone is drooling over for ages. Not even expecting a chance to talk to her.

When I finally did I found she was beautiful inside and out!!

Way out if my league but hey!! She is talking to me.

For me personality is key with out it what's the point like guys need to be able to talk and have a bit of fun.

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

Kind of like when you read a great book. You learn about the characters and can't help but make up a mental image of them.

Then they announce a movie and list the actors. Quite often that will piss you off as they don't match your mental picture.

Usually you then see the movie and the good actors will inhabit the characters precisely and win you round to them, to the point that you can no longer think of anyone else as that character.

That's something I often remind myself of if someone doesn't match my mental picture of them.

I should point out that Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher is one definite exception to what I said

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman  over a year ago

Magical Forrest

Yeah we get that alot... amazing body, then get the face pic and complete deflation of the enthusiasm had.... neeeext...

» Add a new message to this topic