FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Internet

Internet

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *scouple07 OP   Couple  over a year ago

louth, Ireland

We no its not sex related but whats everyone's suggestion on broadband providers? We are with Eir at the minute but not happy with reliability

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They're all shit. I'm sick of switching

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Probably the most complained about utility provider in the country

Lucky enough to live in an area covered by virgin media

Never a problem especially with 5 adults online at a time between work,ps4 and skyQ and the speed is incredible

By *outh_of_EdenMan  over a year ago

visiting

"We no its not sex related but whats everyone's suggestion on broadband providers? We are with Eir at the minute but not happy with reliability "

If its fixed line it like moving chairs on titanic..try the mobile broadband or line of sight aerial providers. They all have their own issues but will depend on location..weather and number of users. Wifi in your own home can cause a few issues so best to hard wire to the devices you want most reliability on.

By *cottybear74Man  over a year ago

kilkenny

I'm with virgin media and have no complaints

louth, Ireland

Anyone use sky broadband? A relation has it close by and 169mbs download and 50 upload compared to our eir of 50mbs download and 19 upload

"Anyone use sky broadband? A relation has it close by and 169mbs download and 50 upload compared to our eir of 50mbs download and 19 upload "

Depends on location

It's shite in the sticks

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Had a couple of different providers and no real difference in them.

Phone line has a max capacity of 56mb but I've never gotten more than 23.

It has improved in the last few weeks and jumped to 40 but that just to the router and average speed to each device is still less than 30 hence the new wi-fi extenders I've just bought.

By *B 4099Man  over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

If you decide to change provider. Make sure to leave Eir first and give them a full month's notice. Even if you do and change, Eir will more than likely play dumb and try to keep billing you anyway. It is easier to get off Alcatraz back in the day sharks and all than it is to leave Eir.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"Anyone use sky broadband? A relation has it close by and 169mbs download and 50 upload compared to our eir of 50mbs download and 19 upload "

Sometimes a you can do is ask neighbours and friends close by to give you an idea of whats available and works

The big problem is switching...Eir are notorious for losing the line early or not at all

I've never had a smooth switchover even in work

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

Depends where you live really if you live in a town or relatively close to 1 then most mobile providers would cater for your needs.. I'm with three wireless broadband.. Have router and antenna in the attic.. Getting decent speeds of 25mbs..not amazing I know but I can stream movies and tv shows in HD no problem.. Works for me..

louth, Ireland

The speed isn't the problem for us its just the reliability and certain parts of house loses signal even with tp link.

Have had problems with eir before on this issue and even had local store manager being quite obnoxious with us when complaining about it, they sped up the line which fixed the problem for about a week and then it just went shite again

louth

"The speed isn't the problem for us its just the reliability and certain parts of house loses signal even with tp link.

Have had problems with eir before on this issue and even had local store manager being quite obnoxious with us when complaining about it, they sped up the line which fixed the problem for about a week and then it just went shite again"

You just contradicted yourself the speed is the problem.. Vodafone are throttling your speed after a week to stop you using as much data.. My advice move to three.. Its unlimited data for 30 euro a month and they will NEVER throttle your speed

louth, Ireland

"The speed isn't the problem for us its just the reliability and certain parts of house loses signal even with tp link.

Have had problems with eir before on this issue and even had local store manager being quite obnoxious with us when complaining about it, they sped up the line which fixed the problem for about a week and then it just went shite again

You just contradicted yourself the speed is the problem.. Vodafone are throttling your speed after a week to stop you using as much data.. My advice move to three.. Its unlimited data for 30 euro a month and they will NEVER throttle your speed "

Probably phrased it wrong but when they upped the speed it seemed to fix the reliability problem with connection all around house but then it started to fail again if you get what we mean

By *lutaxiMan  over a year ago

Dundalk

I use one of these:-

Ubiquiti Networks UAP-AC-LR 175.7 x 43.2 mm 2.4-5 GHz 802.11ac Dual-Radio Long Range - White

Switched off WiFi in router and used same settings on device while house covered and no limit on number connected

louth

You just contradicted yourself the speed is the problem.. Vodafone are throttling your speed after a week to stop you using as much data.. My advice move to three.. Its unlimited data for 30 euro a month and they will NEVER throttle your speed

Probably phrased it wrong but when they upped the speed it seemed to fix the reliability problem with connection all around house but then it started to fail again if you get what we mean"

Yea they are throttling your speed the cnuts.. Have you a data cap every month or is it unlimited..

By *oserMan  over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

I got sky recently to replace eir and so far so good .

Eir are a useless shower of fooks

By *outh_of_EdenMan  over a year ago

visiting

"If you decide to change provider. Make sure to leave Eir first and give them a full month's notice. Even if you do and change, Eir will more than likely play dumb and try to keep billing you anyway. It is easier to get off Alcatraz back in the day sharks and all than it is to leave Eir. "

I had the same experience trying to leave Eir, a months notice, then call back after 30 days to confirm you want to leave..then a month after they let you out or,something crazy like that...Pure persistence and i finally got a €600 odd refund back 6 months after the managers manager on mars reviewed my claim...

I'm with sky years never had a problem I'm in a rural area as well , 2 home schoolers and me working from home most days still not a bother

Eir are shite!

Vodafone or Sky would be the best iko

"I'm with sky years never had a problem I'm in a rural area as well , 2 home schoolers and me working from home most days still not a bother "

They badly let me down last year

Always had shite broadband but tolerated it. Move to wfh meant it had to improve but it's so hit and miss and they don't care. Hard to get through to them then it's a five day wait each time you need an engineer out. They always blame lightening

"We no its not sex related but whats everyone's suggestion on broadband providers? We are with Eir at the minute but not happy with reliability "

I’m with 3, live in a 4g area

Upload speed average 140

Download speed 48

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

I got line broadband installed from Eir (I needed a phone line put it so took the easy route and signed up to their broadband too) but the speed was terrible and reliability was worse.

I switched to their mobile broadband and installed a Google Home WiFi hub & points for wider coverage around my apartment and it's perfect. Great speeds, never drops, 30 quid a month.

They will allow you to switch packages (ie end your line broadband contract early) if you tell them the speed isn't enough for WFH, you just have to talk to their cancellations team.

That said, it was a absolute shitshow when I did mine, they sent the wrong router, they charged me for a month of the new package even though it wasn't active yet, etc etc. But all sorted now and it works so I'm happy!

Digiweb. Fastest broadband, no issues, all calls through internet so I never pay a penny for landline. €49.61 a month. Never had an issue with speed. You can log in to the router online to check anything if you are good at that and make adjustments or just log in to your account to keep up to date.

Drawback: If local works are going on and broadband is down, so is your home phone for that time but no biggie.

By *imon2016Man  over a year ago

Dublin

"I got line broadband installed from Eir (I needed a phone line put it so took the easy route and signed up to their broadband too) but the speed was terrible and reliability was worse.

I switched to their mobile broadband and installed a Google Home WiFi hub & points for wider coverage around my apartment and it's perfect. Great speeds, never drops, 30 quid a month.

They will allow you to switch packages (ie end your line broadband contract early) if you tell them the speed isn't enough for WFH, you just have to talk to their cancellations team.

That said, it was a absolute shitshow when I did mine, they sent the wrong router, they charged me for a month of the new package even though it wasn't active yet, etc etc. But all sorted now and it works so I'm happy!"

I totally relate to alot if this. No matter when you leave, following their rules they still seem to charge you for at least that extra month!!

» Add a new message to this topic