FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Ever get fed up??

Ever get fed up??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *anabecd OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Limerick/ tipp

Just having a bit of a rant.

Do you ever just get sick of all the bad things in life. Have to try hard to get on in life, but somehow it seems to go against you.

I know the old saying

"when life gives you lemons make lemonade "

But I can't just catch a break.

Ps I'm not on about sex and getting a nsa ride. Just life in general

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You're just getting a bad run of it, but like the weather it's only temporary. Take a deep breath and sit it out. It will pass. When things go wrong for me (Jack), I do other things that amuse me.

Right now in my life, I'm fighting a broken tile that let birds in my attic and yesterday morning they are doing riverdance, 'tippety-tippety-tappety-tappety-tap'.

That tile is in an awkward area so I need a roofer, can't get one out, so I thought about buying a ladder to get up there. €285 for the ladder and my business is closed.

Hmm.

Birds are break dancing at this point, so I climb in the attic, crawl through insulation, I'm deep in the corner , in the tight area of the guttering where it got access and the fxxking crow throws a stick at me.

What now? I get a bigger stick and a sword fight ensues. I'm huffing and puffing and herself asks me through the attic space 'Are you ok? Did the bird get you? Did it hurt? Do you need a plaster?

And I'm like 'No dear, we're negotiating peace terms.', I wont be a minute, and I drop my stick. Bird pecks my head and flies off out the hole. I'm sure I heard it laugh.

Anyhow, I got out and plugged the hole temporarily. Moral of the story? None sh1t happens! That was my Friday.

Sitting at breakfast today and herself says 'I love pancakes on a Sunday morning', we were actually having pancakes, and for the next 4 hours I thought it was Sunday, and lost a day somewhere.

Life is life. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not.

I hate that fxxking bird. It sits on my roof now watching me go to the van and Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven comes into my head.

It taunts me...

Limerick/ tipp

Thanks for that post.

Just reading it made me laugh.

Thank you

"Thanks for that post.

Thank you "

You're welcome. I can laugh about it now, but couldn't at the time. Like I said, it passes.

By *he rover returnedWoman  over a year ago

xxx

"You're just getting a bad run of it, but like the weather it's only temporary. Take a deep breath and sit it out. It will pass. When things go wrong for me (Jack), I do other things that amuse me.

Right now in my life, I'm fighting a broken tile that let birds in my attic and yesterday morning they are doing riverdance, 'tippety-tippety-tappety-tappety-tap'.

That tile is in an awkward area so I need a roofer, can't get one out, so I thought about buying a ladder to get up there. €285 for the ladder and my business is closed.

Hmm.

Birds are break dancing at this point, so I climb in the attic, crawl through insulation, I'm deep in the corner , in the tight area of the guttering where it got access and the fxxking crow throws a stick at me.

What now? I get a bigger stick and a sword fight ensues. I'm huffing and puffing and herself asks me through the attic space 'Are you ok? Did the bird get you? Did it hurt? Do you need a plaster?

And I'm like 'No dear, we're negotiating peace terms.', I wont be a minute, and I drop my stick. Bird pecks my head and flies off out the hole. I'm sure I heard it laugh.

Anyhow, I got out and plugged the hole temporarily. Moral of the story? None sh1t happens! That was my Friday.

Sitting at breakfast today and herself says 'I love pancakes on a Sunday morning', we were actually having pancakes, and for the next 4 hours I thought it was Sunday, and lost a day somewhere.

Life is life. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not.

I hate that fxxking bird. It sits on my roof now watching me go to the van and Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven comes into my head.

It taunts me..."

Genuinely im in stitches here, swordfighting a bird i may have been rooting for the bird a little bit

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"Thanks for that post.

Thank you

You're welcome. I can laugh about it now, but couldn't at the time. Like I said, it passes. "

You have a way with words....well done

Hang in there Opes

You can't imagine how daft I looked and couldn't blame anyone rooting for the bird. I was face down on the attic floor eyeball to eyeball with him and my hand was holding a 6 inch stick trying to hold him off.

Lesson for the day: Crows have no fear.

But as long as my troubles have lessened OP's troubles today, it's all good.

Limerick/ tipp

"You can't imagine how daft I looked and couldn't blame anyone rooting for the bird. I was face down on the attic floor eyeball to eyeball with him and my hand was holding a 6 inch stick trying to hold him off.

Lesson for the day: Crows have no fear.

But as long as my troubles have lessened OP's troubles today, it's all good. "

Definitely has. Just cheered me up. I'll be laughing at that for the rest of the day

Limerick/ tipp

"Hang in there Opes "

Will do. Thanks

"Hang in there Opes

Will do. Thanks "

It's not easy!

Kaizer thought he was fed up recently, but it turned out to be indigestion

By *he rover returnedWoman  over a year ago

xxx

"Hang in there Opes

Will do. Thanks "

Glad your smiling OP

Limerick/ tipp

Thanks everyone.

Probably very dramatic out of me.

Normally I don't complain about much but today was the day that hit the nail on the head and just ranted on any outlet I could find.

Thanks everyone

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"Thanks everyone.

Normally I don't complain about much but today was the day that hit the nail on the head and just ranted on any outlet I could find.

Thanks everyone "

I actually think you should buy Jack a book as a thank you for cheering you up....To kill a mocking bird would be ideal

"Thanks everyone.

Thanks everyone "

Its good to rant and good to talk. Don't think anyone can say they haven't had days when they have just F this. Even though its a saying i hate hearing and annoys me there is always someone worse off than you ( my usual reply is ya and someone better off than me too)

But it is true and I'm learning to be grateful for the little things each day. From a cup of coffee , to a text from a friend or even a phone all from a friend.

Atm my tolerance levels are so low. Get irritated so easily atm

Life atm is a struggle. Mentally. Emotionally and financially especially. But I guess we just gota think were near other side hopefully. But its defo hard. And always good to talk xx

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

Life is good cheer up.. There is always somebody worse off than you.. Imagine being a homeless drug addict that sells their body to fund their habit.. Now that really is shit

By *ed just RedWoman  over a year ago

Dublin City

Ah OhPer, I’m sorry. It’s really shit for a lot of people at the moment. I’m having the most ferocious run of bad luck this year and I’m hanging on by a fingernail. But I’m hanging on. As are you!! . I’m not saying chin up as that’s no easy but this will pass. You will come out the other side.

Keep talking tho, don’t stop chatting. It soothes the soul.

louth

Be thankful for the basics.. Roof over your head..hot showers..clean bed to sleep in.. Things you take for granted every day that some people don't have

"Thanks everyone.

Thanks everyone "

You're welcome OP. Everyone has a voice and as you can see, it was heard by lots. That's what real people do and in a time when you can't knock into a neighbour for a cuppa and share. You got your fab family, and by the looks of it, they got you!

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"Be thankful for the basics.. Roof over your head..hot showers..clean bed to sleep in.. Things you take for granted every day that some people don't have "

As someone who has dealt with mental illness for the better part of their life, I can't tell you how frustrating it is when people say this kind of shite to someone who is struggling. You can't solve everything with gratitude, and people who are feeling low or depressed aren't just being ungrateful.

OP, I definitely empathise with you feeling fed up, it's very difficult to be positive right now. Try not to beat yourself up for feeling bad, allow yourself to feel your feelings and remember that they will likely pass. I try to remind myself that balance comes with sleep, and no matter how rubbish I feel I generally get to start from a better place the next day. Be gentle with yourself!

louth

"Be thankful for the basics.. Roof over your head..hot showers..clean bed to sleep in.. Things you take for granted every day that some people don't have

As someone who has dealt with mental illness for the better part of their life, I can't tell you how frustrating it is when people say this kind of shite to someone who is struggling. You can't solve everything with gratitude, and people who are feeling low or depressed aren't just being ungrateful.

OP, I definitely empathise with you feeling fed up, it's very difficult to be positive right now. Try not to beat yourself up for feeling bad, allow yourself to feel your feelings and remember that they will likely pass. I try to remind myself that balance comes with sleep, and no matter how rubbish I feel I generally get to start from a better place the next day. Be gentle with yourself!"

It's only shite in your opinion may I add.. Talk to homeless people who literally have nothing and are miserable then you have people who have all their basic needs met housing.. Heat.. Bed.. Shower etc and they are just as miserable as the homeless guy on the street how could that be? People behaving like sulks for stupid reasons.. If they think depression is hard think again it gets a whole lot worse believe me I've lived it..

"Be thankful for the basics.. Roof over your head..hot showers..clean bed to sleep in.. Things you take for granted every day that some people don't have

OP, I definitely empathise with you feeling fed up, it's very difficult to be positive right now. Try not to beat yourself up for feeling bad, allow yourself to feel your feelings and remember that they will likely pass. I try to remind myself that balance comes with sleep, and no matter how rubbish I feel I generally get to start from a better place the next day. Be gentle with yourself!

It's only shite in your opinion may I add.. Talk to homeless people who literally have nothing and are miserable then you have people who have all their basic needs met housing.. Heat.. Bed.. Shower etc and they are just as miserable as the homeless guy on the street how could that be? People behaving like sulks for stupid reasons.. If they think depression is hard think again it gets a whole lot worse believe me I've lived it.. "

If it was as easy as that just to stop sulking....then there would b no1 feeling fed up. As for depression. It's not something we chose to have. And some can shrugging of others not so much. .

OP, I definitely empathise with you feeling fed up, it's very difficult to be positive right now. Try not to beat yourself up for feeling bad, allow yourself to feel your feelings and remember that they will likely pass. I try to remind myself that balance comes with sleep, and no matter how rubbish I feel I generally get to start from a better place the next day. Be gentle with yourself!"

I thought I was miss reading that statement wrong for bot agreeing with it. Iv suffered depression and not something that u can just shrug of. Yes always som1 worse off....wow

By *eta74Woman  over a year ago

Dublin

I've been through a lot of bad thing's in my life , I could right a book lol When i have told friends how bad thing's I've experienced, from awful accidents to an awful upbringing.

They say im so unlucky.

But you know what im so lucky cause i survived it all and could of been a lot worse x

I've learnt to think positive it's been hard but it's all behind me lol even thing's that happen daily I look forward to a new day.

Try think positive lot's of love x

By *anKinkyMan  over a year ago

Carrick on Shannon

"Just having a bit of a rant.

Do you ever just get sick of all the bad things in life. Have to try hard to get on in life, but somehow it seems to go against you.

I know the old saying

Ps I'm not on about sex and getting a nsa ride. Just life in general "

Yep,I hear where your coming from and it's quite mentally exhausting,as the song goes,I get knocked down but I get up again cause you never going to keep me down but I've found the last 2 weeks very challenging with this lockdown,feels my life is being smothered and I can't get up to breath

Limerick/ tipp

Feeling way better today.

Thanks for your kind words.

Just reminded me that we all have problems that we have to live with.

Just makes me wonder if people really talk about there problems.

By *ettaManMan  over a year ago

Kerry and Dublin

"Just having a bit of a rant.

I know the old saying

Ps I'm not on about sex and getting a nsa ride. Just life in general "

I used to feel this way a lot, until I discovered meditation. Since getting into meditation and Buddhist/spiritual philosophy my whole perspective on life has changed.

I still get bouts of dissatisfaction/frustration but meditation helps me to let it go and be more content.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Life can be just crap at times and yes it gets you down .But hopefully when things are down you can always find something that can being a ray of hope.Even though it can sometimes be hard to see that ray of light .

People can say all the clichés to you but they often don't help when you feel down in fact sometimes it is just annoying to hear. But every day is a new day and all we can do is hope things improve .I'm glad you are feeling brighter today though OP.I hope it continues to improve for you and anyone else who is feeling down at present .

» Add a new message to this topic