FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Insulting messages

Insulting messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just wondering if anyone has got a message out of the blue from someone , insulting your whole profile making you feel worthless then don't have the balls to let you reply block you straight away

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

Don't ever let a comment from a random stranger on the internet change how you feel about yourself!

The fact that they immediately block you to prevent you replying shows that they're no better than a chickenshit gobshite shouting insults out of a car window driving down the road.

Block them in return too

By *anKinkyMan  over a year ago

Carrick on Shannon

Never have,then again I seldom get messages

Thank you ??

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Don't ever let a comment from a random stranger on the internet change how you feel about yourself!

The fact that they immediately block you to prevent you replying shows that they're no better than a chickenshit gobshite shouting insults out of a car window driving down the road.

Block them in return too "

100% this!

Yeah, don't give two f*cks OP. Mean people are just people who never knew how to be treated with respect and care, feel sorry for them and you keep being nice no matter what.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"Just wondering if anyone has got a message out of the blue from someone , insulting your whole profile making you feel worthless then don't have the balls to let you reply block you straight away "

I've heard from a few fabbers today of the same message been sent to them last night

Just report and block

You're never going to meet them so don't let some unknown gobshite ruin your night

By *B 4099Man  over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

They must be feeling pretty chappy about themselves to decide to just send a message like that. I've no doubt probably did it to a number of people. Just to make themselves feel better. I wouldnt take offence. Its probably nothing to do with you at all. Horrible stuff. But as mentioned never change for someone who bleats abuse and runs away.

"Just wondering if anyone has got a message out of the blue from someone , insulting your whole profile making you feel worthless then don't have the balls to let you reply block you straight away "

We get them all the time, so we just laugh knowing we will never talk with them. We know it drives them bat shit crazy with self loathing. They get triggered because they are seeking things to get triggered on. It comes as no surprise that any profile, couples or single, get this abuse because a female is present and the cause is a male who can not handle rejection in his life, and thinks he is entitled. This makes it very hard for the real guys in single male profiles harder than it should. I bet their mothers are very proud of their little johnnys. Their father should have worn one. Cue: triggered males inbox influx.

By *anKinkyMan  over a year ago

Carrick on Shannon

Don't let them get to you so that you have to hide your profile,probably a fake profiler with a different agenda,

By *avana_oh_na_naWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

I get at least one ass hole a week who just must tell me how disgusting I am. I feel bad for them really. Its not about you, they just want to bring you down to their level because nobody wants them and they feel shit about themselves. Block them back and let them go. Dont let some eejit take a piece of you away, they're nobody and their opinion is worthless.

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

Get them all the time they use to bother me now I just block and move on

By *iablo soloWoman  over a year ago

Southside

I got a message from a guy a few months back...his opening lines where you must be at least a size 18 if not more... it bothered me for about an hour an then I got to thinking what his own life must be like and ended up feeling sorry for the miserable twat!! Still blocked him thou...just so I felt like I won and got the better of him!

Good for you men really know what to say to make you feel worthless .

For what it's worth you have a lovely figure

By *iablo soloWoman  over a year ago

Southside

"Good for you men really know what to say to make you feel worthless .

For what it's worth you have a lovely figure "

You learn to develop thick skin on this site.

Block button is a great feature.

Xxx

By *ustin-SiderMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Some people are just c**ts. F**k em. Be good to yourself.

The only person whose opinion matters is that of the person you look in the eyes when you look in in the matter.

Be kind to yourself. xoxo

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

"Just wondering if anyone has got a message out of the blue from someone , insulting your whole profile making you feel worthless then don't have the balls to let you reply block you straight away

Some people are just c**ts. F**k em. Be good to yourself.

The only person whose opinion matters is that of the person you look in the eyes when you look in the mirror.

Be kind to yourself. xoxo"

Agreed

A girl I know left the site as a result. She's used to typical messages but one account she ignored continued to abuse her, calling her names.she blocked him but a new account would appear and would continue the abuse.

She's been on the site years, but the last few weeks she said have just been to much and we'll, she's no longer a fabber. She's thick skin, but some of the messages can be touch at times.

If you're on Fab, and are going to abuse anyone that isn't interested then you simply doing belong here.

By *ouple 0073Couple  over a year ago

donegal

Yes we had that.

Yep it's happened a few times, it can sting but I just report and block, it says more about them than you and would you want to meet someone like that.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I would say most of us have had these messages at some point.Like others say just block and forget about them and at least you didn't waste any time chatting to them before they showed their true colours. The first couple of times it happened it got to me now I pay no heed to it.

It doesn't ruin it for the good guys tho as someone farther up has said in fact it makes the good ones stand out more when you have gobshites like that sending messages .

By *oxtrotTangoLoveMan  over a year ago

monkstown/kentstown

That is normal on fab, dont worry these are people just wasting time and trying to get you down and make you feel uncomfortable. Just be yourself and carry on having fun!

I don't think guys get these messages out of the blue much ... I only got one (months ago)... But in general the block button is always on standby for ignorant or rude people.. You learn very quickly to have thick skin... This site ain't for the faint hearted I have learned that very quickly

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

There have been lots of threads about people not reading profiles or tailoring messages to a specific profile.

The only difference here is the content.

When it comes down to it they are copy and paste messages sent to as many people as possible and they are not personalised.

It gives someone a kick just like the various forum trolls.

It's usually someone who is careful not to tarnish their well polished image so they create another profile or three to use as canon fodder.

It's ridiculous to say that people like that make it more difficult for the good guys because it actually doesn't.

It just means they stand out and are appreciated more.

Just as ridiculous as those who apologise for the actions of others.

Apologise when you yourself have done something wrong. Apologising for something you had no part in and on behalf of someone you don't know is just another form of sychophancy.

When people ask for advice on their profile what they are really asking for is camouflage.

If they aren't getting replies because they have a nasty aggressive or lazy profile that's their problem because in reality they are nasty, aggressive and/or lazy so why help them hide that fact and project a false image?

By *ublinGirl92Woman  over a year ago

Hell

Yes. I've been getting loads lately. Some from new profiles and some from verified fabbers. They don't insult my profile though, just my body.

"They don't insult my profile though, just my body. "

This really makes me pissed of and sad that this shit goes on

I hope you don't take heed of that shit as they are just trolls..

By *ore of thatMan  over a year ago

skerries

Just block them and forget about it i know it may hurt your feelings butthey are silly people

Hell

"They don't insult my profile though, just my body.

I hope you don't take heed of that shit as they are just trolls.. "

I usually have a pretty thick skin but it does get to me sometimes. I think because it's men I've never dealt with before. So it's not like they are lashing out because I rejected them. Just taking time out of their day to insult me for no good reason.

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

No point just blocking you need to report then site admin can deal with the offender but suspending their account for 4 or 5 days.. They won't be able to message or post in forums for that time.. Should sort them out and if its serious enough they would block their Ip and permanently delete them..

"They don't insult my profile though, just my body.

I hope you don't take heed of that shit as they are just trolls..

I usually have a pretty thick skin but it does get to me sometimes. I think because it's men I've never dealt with before. So it's not like they are lashing out because I rejected them. Just taking time out of their day to insult me for no good reason."

Its important to note that these 'men' get off on insulting people and getting a reaction. It's a numbers game for them.

Unfortunately they can easily copy and paste and edit generic messages and insult many women within a short space of time this way.

Hopefully the nicer messages you receive far outweigh the nasty ones and you take those on board more

By *allyWally19Woman  over a year ago

The Road to Nowhere

Hey OP. Yea actually pretty recently I've been getting shite from people...I say people but an pretty sure it's the same person just setting up new profiles.

While I agree with the report & block advise, there was a moment last week (was feeling not the greatest anyways) and I logged in & there was a particularly nasty message & I had a lil cry. Well aware s/he/they may read this so yea...mission accomplished for once!

So what I'll say is, get upset/angry/annoyed if you must (we are only human) but try not to let it ruin your experience. The fact that they abuse us & don't give us the opportunity to reply shows them for the absolute cowards they are.

I got one the other day, first time in a while. Ive been here long enough to have had probably every insult thrown at me, its usually a dig at my body, it took me a while to realise that these mails say a lot more about the person sending it than they do about me. Back in the old days i even had the odd forum thread slagging me off . To value someones opinion of me i have to value the person, so i honestly couldn't care less anymore what some faceless cowardly mouthpiece thinks of me.

By *S2004Man  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

"Just wondering if anyone has got a message out of the blue from someone , insulting your whole profile making you feel worthless then don't have the balls to let you reply block you straight away

We get them all the time, so we just laugh knowing we will never talk with them. We know it drives them bat shit crazy with self loathing. They get triggered because they are seeking things to get triggered on. It comes as no surprise that any profile, couples or single, get this abuse because a female is present and the cause is a male who can not handle rejection in his life, and thinks he is entitled. This makes it very hard for the real guys in single male profiles harder than it should. I bet their mothers are very proud of their little johnnys. Their father should have worn one. Cue: triggered males inbox influx. "

So true. Clearly my inbox remains empty but my far more attractive partner gets 2 main types of abusive message.

Either an initial tirade of abuse and then blocked from replying

Or the you’re gorgeous, then when politely declined this is replaced with you’re fat, ugly, up yourself, etc

Makes me embarrassed to be a single male on here

Multiple times on my singles. Have had some horrible ones and it even made me leave once before.

Miss_tattoo

Yes! It was fucking hilarious

This is the Internet, where people attempt to dissipate their self-loathing by projecting it onto others. Ignore it.

"This is the Internet, where people attempt to dissipate their self-loathing by projecting it onto others. Ignore it.

"

Exactly

Yes think it's harder if the insult your body women have hangups about there bodies we don't need ignorant people making us feel worse xx

Thanks everyone there's still some nice people out there happy fabbing everyone

By *iquidRavenMan  over a year ago

Dublin

It's mental how horrifically sad some people are. I can't imagine how these dudes don't get a moment of self reflection and say to themselves that Jesus I'm a sad fuck I think I need to change. It's just basement level Incel carry on

I don’t get it , if someone is nasty or has done something to warrant a nasty mail but why would you send something like that to someone who you don’t know, met or ever even spoken to in the first place?? What do they get from it ?

They must have a very sad life if this is what they get off on !

Hell

To the people who've read this thread and are now writing to me thanks for the lovely messages, made my day!

"Yes. I've been getting loads lately. Some from new profiles and some from verified fabbers. They don't insult my profile though, just my body. "

I cant get my head around certain parts of this thread.

I had assumed these lowlifes were just creating random "blank" profiles and abusing from there.

I'm blown away to read "and some from verified fabbers" and Redhott write "Back in the old days i even had the odd forum thread slagging me off "

Surely something has to be done about this, everybody has the right to be protected from this sort of shite.

I can only imagine how bad it is, Ive had random messages from Women who have read my tounge in cheek profile and mailed me with "your so full of yourself" shite.

And I had some spangle mailing me calling me a Bigot because of a comment I made concerning Northern Ireland and I have a Celtic top on in my profile pic.

But these must make me laugh, I can only imagine how hurtful the messages You girls get really are.

Somebody touched on it , ban their Ip addresses.

Maybe a petition needs to be started to force the owners of Fab to act and stamp this shit out

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman  over a year ago

Magical Forrest

"Good for you men really know what to say to make you feel worthless .

For what it's worth you have a lovely figure

You learn to develop thick skin on this site.

Block button is a great feature.

Xxx"

Developing a thick skin and not judging are two big lessons one learns on here...

By *imatureMan  over a year ago

sligo

gutless people that hide behind the keyboard, there obvious not happy with there own life, I wouldn’t give it a second thought x

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

If I ever recieve anything like that,I always think....in real life would they have the guts to say it to my face...

Belfast

"Yes. I've been getting loads lately. Some from new profiles and some from verified fabbers. They don't insult my profile though, just my body.

I cant get my head around certain parts of this thread.

I had assumed these lowlifes were just creating random "blank" profiles and abusing from there.

I'm blown away to read "and some from verified fabbers" and Redhott write "Back in the old days i even had the odd forum thread slagging me off "

Surely something has to be done about this, everybody has the right to be protected from this sort of shite.

I can only imagine how bad it is, Ive had random messages from Women who have read my tounge in cheek profile and mailed me with "your so full of yourself" shite.

And I had some spangle mailing me calling me a Bigot because of a comment I made concerning Northern Ireland and I have a Celtic top on in my profile pic.

But these must make me laugh, I can only imagine how hurtful the messages You girls get really are.

Somebody touched on it , ban their Ip addresses.

Maybe a petition needs to be started to force the owners of Fab to act and stamp this shit out"

It's not new though and has been going on for years and as most have said it's faceless people trying to trigger a reaction.

The vast majority of people access this site through a mobile device which to the best of my knowledge create a new IP address each time so blocking a specific IP address is no longer an option.

As far as verified fabbers sending abusive messages or making abusive comments in the forum, a verification is no guarantee that someone is an upstanding citizen.

I'm sure there are lots on here who wish they could take back a verification they've given.

Yup has happened a few times. We left one person unblocked and they did it again. We just block and report it. Some seem to get their kicks from it.

Could the owners not create a couple of honeypot profiles to attract these lowlifes.

Have the account send out a auto response "No thanks" and then when they reply with their venom , ban them.

Surely the Irish part of this site would be small enough to trial safety systems like this

"Could the owners not create a couple of honeypot profiles to attract these lowlifes.

Have the account send out a auto response "No thanks" and then when they reply with their venom , ban them.

Surely the Irish part of this site would be small enough to trial safety systems like this"

A good idea in theory Shamey!

But the source of most dickhead mail comes from those that read the forum and believe it's normal behaviour to send an insult or ground breaking opinion on what's read!

A honey pot profile will only attract a few professional masterbaters.

This will be of little interest to incels who crusade behind the scenes.

The reality is they are of very little significance and once you realise that it becomes comical

By *kcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Funny but in the last 3/4 weeks we have had a huge increase in single males sending abusive messages straight off the bat. Some had already been reported but no action taken, two reported yesterday after some fairly personal insults directed at Mrs.

I make sure she never sees them and it doesn't bother me but I'm really disappointed at how the site deals with it after reporting people. It's not at all difficult to block people's IP addresses if you value your customers safety. The joys of the tinternet

By *iiboyMan  over a year ago

Tankardstown

This is more common than you think, invarioubly coming from a guy incapable of chatting to a woman and who dosnt handle rejection well , i wouldnt dwell on it, i wouldnt even reply, just block and move on

By *kcoupleCouple  over a year ago

"This is more common than you think, invarioubly coming from a guy incapable of chatting to a woman and who dosnt handle rejection well , i wouldnt dwell on it, i wouldnt even reply, just block and move on "

I think lockdown is bringing a lot more out of the woodwork. That said the vast majority of our interactions with singles males here have been positive band respectful but I wouldn't repeat some of the text sent to us last night. Blocked and reported for all the good it will do

By *he rover returnedWoman  over a year ago

xxx

Yes but I certainly don't allow these idiots into my head. I know my worth, I'm confident about how I look. Its their own insecurities shining through. Just remember small cock syndrome

By *adame BWoman  over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

"I got one the other day, first time in a while. Ive been here long enough to have had probably every insult thrown at me, its usually a dig at my body, it took me a while to realise that these mails say a lot more about the person sending it than they do about me. Back in the old days i even had the odd forum thread slagging me off . To value someones opinion of me i have to value the person, so i honestly couldn't care less anymore what some faceless cowardly mouthpiece thinks of me. "

Those were tough days that said more about the people spouting off as previously said. I feel the place has lightened up a little but maybe that's because I have learned to ignore the mud slingers.

As for reporting it, fake profiles usually disappear and rejoin. I think that payment for use of messages and forum should be the norm, might slow down the nastiness.

"I got one the other day, first time in a while. Ive been here long enough to have had probably every insult thrown at me, its usually a dig at my body, it took me a while to realise that these mails say a lot more about the person sending it than they do about me. Back in the old days i even had the odd forum thread slagging me off . To value someones opinion of me i have to value the person, so i honestly couldn't care less anymore what some faceless cowardly mouthpiece thinks of me.

Those were tough days that said more about the people spouting off as previously said. I feel the place has lightened up a little but maybe that's because I have learned to ignore the mud slingers.

As for reporting it, fake profiles usually disappear and rejoin. I think that payment for use of messages and forum should be the norm, might slow down the nastiness."

The forum was like a war zone back then never a dull moment. I think it has definitely lightened up over the last few years.

By *rblue5kyMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Keyboard warriors. I for one would never send a nasty mail to anyone. Read, report, block, and forget

By *parklySassWoman  over a year ago

Sassville

Think we've all got them at one time or other on here OP... As many have said, dont let it annoy you (easier said than done sometimes) and block said person/persons!! I had a few messages from a well verified/well known/forum users couple profile awhile back and when i politely declined... They told me "I should feel very privileged they had an interest in me!!"

Belfast

"Think we've all got them at one time or other on here OP... As many have said, dont let it annoy you (easier said than done sometimes) and block said person/persons!! I had a few messages from a well verified/well known/forum users couple profile awhile back and when i politely declined... They told me "I should feel very privileged they had an interest in me!!" "

I've had similar and the fact I was straight wasn't in my favour but if I could find a lady friend to bring along they would overlook that little issue.

When I declined the kind offer it was suddenly my loss and did I not know who they were?

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"I got one the other day, first time in a while. Ive been here long enough to have had probably every insult thrown at me, its usually a dig at my body, it took me a while to realise that these mails say a lot more about the person sending it than they do about me. Back in the old days i even had the odd forum thread slagging me off . To value someones opinion of me i have to value the person, so i honestly couldn't care less anymore what some faceless cowardly mouthpiece thinks of me.

As for reporting it, fake profiles usually disappear and rejoin. I think that payment for use of messages and forum should be the norm, might slow down the nastiness.

The forum was like a war zone back then never a dull moment. I think it has definitely lightened up over the last few years. "

Some people pop into the forums every couple of months, complain about the people using it and say it was much better in the good old days ..then pop off again for another few months

Its the first time I've ever seen anyone describe the older forums as a war zone ....I'm amazed

Sassville

"Think we've all got them at one time or other on here OP... As many have said, dont let it annoy you (easier said than done sometimes) and block said person/persons!! I had a few messages from a well verified/well known/forum users couple profile awhile back and when i politely declined... They told me "I should feel very privileged they had an interest in me!!"

I've had similar and the fact I was straight wasn't in my favour but if I could find a lady friend to bring along they would overlook that little issue.

When I declined the kind offer it was suddenly my loss and did I not know who they were? "

Imagine RB the very cheek of us turning people down like that!!

Belfast

"Think we've all got them at one time or other on here OP... As many have said, dont let it annoy you (easier said than done sometimes) and block said person/persons!! I had a few messages from a well verified/well known/forum users couple profile awhile back and when i politely declined... They told me "I should feel very privileged they had an interest in me!!"

When I declined the kind offer it was suddenly my loss and did I not know who they were?

Imagine RB the very cheek of us turning people down like that!! "

There's bound to be a rule against it

Look it would be great if these msgs came attached with a red flashing light to say they were one of those shitty msgs from a even shittier person to let you know not to read them. It is the Internet and there will always be one idiot out there that has unfounded notions about themselves and needs to try to make themselves feel good by making someone else feel bad. It's easy to say .. oh just block delete and forget but at that point it's already pissed you off.

If you're happy with you then you don't need to listen to some clown who doesn't know you. Pram,toys, crying,throwing

Sassville

Imagine RB the very cheek of us turning people down like that!!

There's bound to be a rule against it "

Aye there must be a rule book kicking about somewhere?

The forum was like a war zone back then never a dull moment. I think it has definitely lightened up over the last few years.

Some people pop into the forums every couple of months, complain about the people using it and say it was much better in the good old days ..then pop off again for another few months

Its the first time I've ever seen anyone describe the older forums as a war zone ....I'm amazed "

Maybe they thought it was better because there was always some arguing or drama, some were entertaining to read in fairness. The forums just go through cycles i guess. They are definitely tamer now in my experience, not a bad thing!

By *iiboyMan  over a year ago

Tankardstown

"Think we've all got them at one time or other on here OP... As many have said, dont let it annoy you (easier said than done sometimes) and block said person/persons!! I had a few messages from a well verified/well known/forum users couple profile awhile back and when i politely declined... They told me "I should feel very privileged they had an interest in me!!" "

See this is the problem, admiitedly its mostly but not always guys , some think that your as desperate as they are and just cant handle a no, dosnt matter how polite your no is, its like as you said, you should feel priviliged about their interest/advances , thankfully you dont be too long figuring out how to handle it

Sassville

See this is the problem, admiitedly its mostly but not always guys , some think that your as desperate as they are and just cant handle a no, dosnt matter how polite your no is, its like as you said, you should feel priviliged about their interest/advances , thankfully you dont be too long figuring out how to handle it "

Yeah and im also quiet good at handling delusional, egotistical people as well!

By *ildb3rryWoman  over a year ago

Ratoath

Often get this a lot telling me I'm fat etc (wow, this is truly news to me )

Or else they say am I free now or something and I say no thanks and then they come out with the fat stuff.

Par for the course on these sites.

There will always be a few pr!cks sending insulting messages. I can't see the point of it myself but i do know some people do it for a reaction, to abuse the other person, to feel better about themselves.. whatever the reason, its not you but them.

Block, move on and forget them.

By *adame BWoman  over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

Its the first time I've ever seen anyone describe the older forums as a war zone ....I'm amazed "

Really wow. It was pretty bad at times and the fake profiles threatening to grape you without the g! I didn't think your right to post on the forums relied on a daily log on.

Having said that some fantastic laughs also. There are most definitely perks to being part of all this or none of us would be here.

"I got one the other day, first time in a while. Ive been here long enough to have had probably every insult thrown at me, its usually a dig at my body, it took me a while to realise that these mails say a lot more about the person sending it than they do about me. Back in the old days i even had the odd forum thread slagging me off . To value someones opinion of me i have to value the person, so i honestly couldn't care less anymore what some faceless cowardly mouthpiece thinks of me. "
... This is quite sad to read and I'm glad you are strong willed. This should be an inspiration to others to not let the crap get the better of you

"I got a message from a guy a few months back...his opening lines where you must be at least a size 18 if not more... it bothered me for about an hour an then I got to thinking what his own life must be like and ended up feeling sorry for the miserable twat!! Still blocked him thou...just so I felt like I won and got the better of him! "
... This is awful too.... Being nasty and it getting inside you head and you feeling worthless... Well done for not letting it get better of you and for you being stronger in long run. Online hate is a weird sad existence...Its always the good ones they target

By *igBlondeDommeWoman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere

It happens a lot here,but that's the Internet for you. Pay no attention they're sent by small minded people with nothing else to do ,and have nothing going on in their lives. As the other posters have said block and forget about them.

» Add a new message to this topic