FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Party this weekend

Party this weekend

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aid back OP   Man  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

Made you look

Also shame on you there's a lockdown in place and the 5 day average is still ridiculously high. There should be no meets let alone parties going on.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

I know you're joking but I wouldn't blame anyone doing most things they're not supposed to do at this stage.

By *igBlondeDommeWoman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere

"Made you look

Also shame on you there's a lockdown in place and the 5 day average is still ridiculously high. There should be no meets let alone parties going on.

"

I was ready to pounce.

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman  over a year ago

Magical Forrest

I dont judge. Each to their own making decision. Whether its socials or meets.

People will still do what they want.

Disappointing behaviour. But that's how it is.

And there is always keeping notes on the profiles.

Tipperary

"I dont judge. Each to their own making decision. Whether its socials or meets.

And there is always keeping notes on the profiles. "

its one thing meeting strangers on a site like this. I wouldn't blame anybody meeting a few friends for drinks or travelling around the country to see family at this stage. come April 5th there should be alot more happening then what will be allowed, wait and see.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Made you look

"

Interesting point and well taken. We aren't party people but have noticed as we live in a cul de sac of 20 houses, every house is having daytime visitors here. So it's more about attitude then parties I think. I live in an area where the attitude is 'I'm too rich to catch covid, covid is for the poorer people.'

Sad but true. We haven't seen family in a year, lost 1 business, gotten fat, and yet these prize A prunes prance around blaming other people at parties as being the problem. So for us here, we think it has a lot to do with selfishness.

Its really nobody"s business to whom we meet and had a party.

I do meet friends every day, help their parents or children, meeting my elderly neighbours, having chat to them, drinking coffee or tea on the patio or in the garden. We all live a normal life.

It was scary 12 months ago. Not anymore.

In my opinion all should be opened. Lots of businesses bankrupt. Wildlife Park in Co Cork will be given the money up to June. Then what? People are giving them money to feed the animals. All this situation with the lockdown the whole country is just stupid and makes no sense anymore!

Please do block me for telling the truth.

I do not really care. What I do really care is animals, and people around me.

You all who are agreeing to follow the restrictions where it doesnt make a sense ... You should be shamed of yourselves! For being quiet, hiding the head in the sand, and totally ignoring what is happening around you.

Do you think for how long will gvt will support you? And who will be paying for all of that mess?

We can live as normal life as possible - take precautions if you need but for God sake turn on the logic!

Have a nice Sunday!

And there is always keeping notes on the profiles. "

It depends on how “disappointing behavior” is classified

I went to be beach this week, 10k away, but after being inside for the past 3 months and have not worked for 6 of the past 12, I deserved it

Tipperary

"Its really nobody"s business to whom we meet and had a party.

I do meet friends every day, help their parents or children, meeting my elderly neighbours, having chat to them, drinking coffee or tea on the patio or in the garden. We all live a normal life.

In my opinion all should be opened. Lots of businesses bankrupt. Wildlife Park in Co Cork will be given the money up to June. Then what? People are giving them money to feed the animals. All this situation with the lockdown the whole country is just stupid and makes no sense anymore!

You all who are agreeing to follow the restrictions where it doesnt make a sense ... You should be shamed of yourselves! For being quiet, hiding the head in the sand, and totally ignoring what is happening around you.

Do you think for how long will gvt will support you? And who will be paying for all of that mess?

We can live as normal life as possible - take precautions if you need but for God sake turn on the logic!

Have a nice Sunday! "

biggest problem is ports. you lock them down 9 months ago, were in a completely different position.

Tipperary

And there is always keeping notes on the profiles.

It depends on how “disappointing behavior” is classified

I went to be beach this week, 10k away, but after being inside for the past 3 months and have not worked for 6 of the past 12, I deserved it "

absolutely. I wouldn't say anything to anybody for that. at this stage and beyond, rule after rule will be broken.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Have a nice Sunday! "

I'm not ashamed and I already have thanks

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

The lack of logic of people who aren't sticking to restrictions complaining about the length of the restrictions when they are literally directly causing the need for restrictions makes me worry about the future of the human race as a species. It's beyond stupid, without even getting into the selfishness of it.

Tipperary

"The lack of logic of people who aren't sticking to restrictions complaining about the length of the restrictions when they are literally directly causing the need for restrictions makes me worry about the future of the human race as a species. It's beyond stupid, without even getting into the selfishness of it.

"

so people are supposed to sit back, stop living their lives with no end in sight while thousands on a weekly basis enter the country from everywhere and anywhere?

"

"

someone's head is in the sand alright

By *eductively_SweetWoman  over a year ago

wexford

Everyone has their own opinions and strong ones in which they/we are entitled too. Do we really need to keep posting covid threads and argue or push the opinion you see as correct. A yr later they all end up with the same outcome seriously what's is the point opinions won't change.

Tipperary

"Everyone has their own opinions and strong ones in which they/we are entitled too. Do we really need to keep posting covid threads and argue or push the opinion you see as correct. A yr later they all end up with the same outcome seriously what's is the point opinions won't change."
same applies to the negativity in the press on a daily business over a year on but the still keep banging the same drum and pushing the one agenda.

By *angero3aMan  over a year ago

swords

seem some not care i am ok jack type hard for so all wonder if some of the teenagers understand 2 meters when i went to school 2 meters was over 6 ft

By *angero3aMan  over a year ago

swords

there will always be the stupid ones not much can do about them even in normal times some should not be allowed out.sure they be the first on radio moaning cannot go on hoildays this year

Tipperary

"there will always be the stupid ones not much can do about them even in normal times some should not be allowed out.sure they be the first on radio moaning cannot go on hoildays this year "
its the whole shebang. the effect lockdown is having on people in all facets is enormous and basically with no end in sight and being drip fed by an inept governent, people just have enough and I honestly don't blame them. were supposed to be living curtailed lives while everyone and anyone can enter the country. if we closed our ports 9 months ago to non essential travel, the outlook would be very different. Good weather and summer around the corner, people will just take their lives back, as much of it as they can.

Tipperary

"The lack of logic of people who aren't sticking to restrictions complaining about the length of the restrictions when they are literally directly causing the need for restrictions makes me worry about the future of the human race as a species. It's beyond stupid, without even getting into the selfishness of it.

"

also were in l5 since Xmas, actually October bar a small reprieve in December. numbers got down and seemed to stabilise off around the 500s, now on the rise and were still in l5 bar schools reopening. numbers have been coming down from 8,000 in January to 500 odd so why are they moving back up even still in l5?. it has to be one reason. its going on so long people have enough and are starting to do what they want.

Have a nice Sunday!

I'm not ashamed and I already have thanks "

Likewise. I'm not ashamed to be doing the right thing, of curbing my behaviours, of limiting my contacts for a short time or of showing some social responsibility. And it absolutely is my business when people like you are prolonging this whole shit show and ironically inflicting more hurt on all those things you claim to care about. So exactly whose head is on the sand?

"Made you look

I was ready to pounce. "

Had my dress on ready to go ..

Tipperary

Have a nice Sunday!

I'm not ashamed and I already have thanks

Likewise. I'm not ashamed to be doing the right thing, of curbing my behaviours, of limiting my contacts for a short time or of showing some social responsibility. And it absolutely is my business when people like you are prolonging this whole shit show and ironically inflicting more hurt on all those things you claim to care about. So exactly whose head is on the sand?

"

it's not a short time. I heard a cork doctor on the radio friday saying addictions and serious mental health problems are gone through the roof because of lockdown. The way we're living doesn't resemble an ounce of normality but the biggest issue is no end in sight. The biggest problem is airports remained open and the new varients were brought in from other countries. Right now we're months and months in lockdown and no sign of anything in substance been given back to the people. The people in the large majority who have done everything asked of them. The time has come where those people are at the end of their tether and have enough.

Have a nice Sunday! "

Nice shaming of people there

And also you say you’re telling the truth. You’re telling YOUR truth, but it certainly is a bollock load from the actual truth.

There was another spike in cases reported today probably down to the better weather and people going where they want and ignoring the rules at this rate we won't get the country open till October

"There was another spike in cases reported today probably down to the better weather and people going where they want and ignoring the rules at this rate we won't get the country open till October "

Doesn’t matter how obedient people are. There’ll be fuck all open till the useless government and EU get their shit together with a vaccine

By *etergemmaCouple  over a year ago

South Dublin Area

Its the reopening of schools thats problem.

Anyway, do what you want i say, 12 months in and no change sooner the better people getout and live their lives.

Its like people who say the are saving for old age and then die at 50.

No idea whats around the corner

Tipperary

"There was another spike in cases reported today probably down to the better weather and people going where they want and ignoring the rules at this rate we won't get the country open till October

Doesn’t matter how obedient people are. There’ll be fuck all open till the useless government and EU get their shit together with a vaccine "

10 % of country have 1 dose of vaccine. They talk of reaching 75 to 85 % fully vaxed for herd immunity. Imagine how far that's away.

South Dublin Area

"There was another spike in cases reported today probably down to the better weather and people going where they want and ignoring the rules at this rate we won't get the country open till October

Doesn’t matter how obedient people are. There’ll be fuck all open till the useless government and EU get their shit together with a vaccine 10 % of country have 1 dose of vaccine. They talk of reaching 75 to 85 % fully vaxed for herd immunity. Imagine how far that's away. "

in fairness that will improve when supply kicks in, they target for march was 700k initially. It wont be that far if that

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

I say open up the country again.. Let people make their own decisions.. We are all adults after all and will suffer the consequences like adults

Tipperary

Doesn’t matter how obedient people are. There’ll be fuck all open till the useless government and EU get their shit together with a vaccine 10 % of country have 1 dose of vaccine. They talk of reaching 75 to 85 % fully vaxed for herd immunity. Imagine how far that's away. in fairness that will improve when supply kicks in, they target for march was 700k initially. It wont be that far if that"

I wouldn't hold my breath.

By *eductively_SweetWoman  over a year ago

wexford

"There was another spike in cases reported today probably down to the better weather and people going where they want and ignoring the rules at this rate we won't get the country open till October "

It seems to spike when it suits them ain't we getting closer to April 5th. They have nothing in place no real plans only keeping pushing the lockdown date till enough are vaxed. What a lazy comedic government we have.

Doesn’t matter how obedient people are. There’ll be fuck all open till the useless government and EU get their shit together with a vaccine 10 % of country have 1 dose of vaccine. They talk of reaching 75 to 85 % fully vaxed for herd immunity. Imagine how far that's away. in fairness that will improve when supply kicks in, they target for march was 700k initially. It wont be that far if that"

It’s been “kicking in” for a very long time at this stage. Don’t hold your breath. You saw the complete cock yo three made by stalling the AstraZeneca vaccine

They’re incompetent in EU and it goes without sayin for our own crowd

"I say open up the country again.. Let people make their own decisions.. We are all adults after all and will suffer the consequences like adults "

There are a lot of over 18s who aren’t remotely close to being adults.

Open up theory is cock and ball theory too. It’s so simplistic it’s hilarious

South Dublin Area

"I say open up the country again.. Let people make their own decisions.. We are all adults after all and will suffer the consequences like adults "
absolutely, i am not in contact with a single vulnerable person.

I can deal with if i get it and i can deal with long covid as well if that happens.

Its a choice.

"I say open up the country again.. Let people make their own decisions.. We are all adults after all and will suffer the consequences like adults absolutely, i am not in contact with a single vulnerable person.

I can deal with if i get it and i can deal with long covid as well if that happens.

Its a choice."

In all fairness, none of us know truly if we’re in context with someone vulnerable. And I’m not claiming to agree with lots of decisions as I’ve shown.

It’s just a general comment and I’ve not been completely saintly either in terms of being 100% compliant

Tipperary

"I say open up the country again.. Let people make their own decisions.. We are all adults after all and will suffer the consequences like adults absolutely, i am not in contact with a single vulnerable person.

Its a choice.

In all fairness, none of us know truly if we’re in context with someone vulnerable. And I’m not claiming to agree with lots of decisions as I’ve shown.

It’s just a general comment and I’ve not been completely saintly either in terms of being 100% compliant "

I doubt there is anyone who has been 100 % compliant, especially the more we go on and not a finish line in sight.

By *iquidRavenMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Here's my two cence for what it's worth

The government fucked this up from day one! Fuck off anyone with isn't Simon and Leo great. They're not. They're fucking inept.. Mehole is even fucking worse.

Fuck Fine Gael and Fianna Fail. Pack of right wing cuuuunnntts

We can't open everything up.. think back to Xmas. Trouble is that the amount of serious cases will overwhelm hospitals etc

On the same note people cannot be expected do go on with this when there is no plan, clear strategy endpoint in sight

Friends of mine live in various parts of Asia

.. hard lockdowns with ENFORCED quarantine at airports, borders etc

With this basic logic taken care of the population will follow government order as it makes sense

Singapore and Korea are relatively normal because of this

I'm constantly around the city with new job!! No one under 40 is observing lockdown in any serious way as well as a ton of people over 40. Today I witnessed 100s if not 1000s around socialising without shit being open

People can moralise and say they're selfish etc but it comes down to basic human nature

Most will be OK so most people with the above being said say fuck it I'll take my chances

No one gives 2 fucks about the people dying and living lives of misery on the side of the street, (myself included as I do nothing to help them really) why are they gonna really care for someones nanny they don't know that could be at risk

If anyone wants to hop on the defence I lost a very close person to covid

Myself and partner and others had it and we had minor cold symptoms

The only real way out of this is mass vaccination that the EU has fucked up beyond reason... we make the fucking tories look efficient

But covid could be around for 5 to 10 years as poorer parts of the world are being frozen out of vaccine access

So people on this site and others have to ask when are you going to go back to living

Cause covid ain't going away anytime soon if ever

So not meeting during covid profiles should write until the 30's earliest

There is no future that covid isn't a part of

Peace

louth

"I say open up the country again.. Let people make their own decisions.. We are all adults after all and will suffer the consequences like adults

Open up theory is cock and ball theory too. It’s so simplistic it’s hilarious "

It's natural selection.. The idiots will die first.. Like Last Christmas they opened pubs and everybody flocked to them bar people who have a brain in their head who kept away.. Just because pubs.. Restaurants and shops are open doesn't mean you have to go to them.. Its about freedom of choice.. People should be allowed exercise their right to self determination and if that means they get sick so be it..

"I say open up the country again.. Let people make their own decisions.. We are all adults after all and will suffer the consequences like adults

It's natural selection.. The idiots will die first.. Like Last Christmas they opened pubs and everybody flocked to them bar people who have a brain in their head who kept away.. Just because pubs.. Restaurants and shops are open doesn't mean you have to go to them.. Its about freedom of choice.. People should be allowed exercise their right to self determination and if that means they get sick so be it.. "

That’s a big NOPE to all you’ve said

By *uttingstagsMan  over a year ago

Navan

I think we’re confronted with the smartest virus in history. Numbers among young people are up, how dare they socialise blah blah blah. Well find me a fucking virus that knows the difference between a classroom and a living room and tell it to stop at the door of Ballygobackwards Community School.

It’s like last autumn when it knew the difference between an inter county GAA player and an AIL rugby player....

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

And why should I suffer your consequences

limerick

Its a choice."

You mean the health system will deal with your long covid paid for by the tax payer heaping more misery

limerick

It's natural selection.. The idiots will die first.. Like Last Christmas they opened pubs and everybody flocked to them bar people who have a brain in their head who kept away.. Just because pubs.. Restaurants and shops are open doesn't mean you have to go to them.. Its about freedom of choice.. People should be allowed exercise their right to self determination and if that means they get sick so be it.. "

The problem with that theory is that those who about as if nothing is going on can bring it to others that are trying to avoid getting the virus

One person catches covid lets say in a pub or restaurant they then go with little or no symptoms to the local supermarket and give it to the person serving them at the counter. That person is at the start of their eight hr shift and meeys every other person that goes in to that shop.

Can u work out where this is going yet

Stay home

Reduce your contacts

Wash your hands

And wear a mask

Engage with government by e-mailing your local TD asking why we don't have airports and other entrances into the country secured rather than giving out that they messed it up

We are allowing them mess it up by staying quiet if you feel they are getting it wrong tell them we don't need to go on the streets but u can bombard your local representative

South Dublin Area

It's natural selection.. The idiots will die first.. Like Last Christmas they opened pubs and everybody flocked to them bar people who have a brain in their head who kept away.. Just because pubs.. Restaurants and shops are open doesn't mean you have to go to them.. Its about freedom of choice.. People should be allowed exercise their right to self determination and if that means they get sick so be it..

The problem with that theory is that those who about as if nothing is going on can bring it to others that are trying to avoid getting the virus

One person catches covid lets say in a pub or restaurant they then go with little or no symptoms to the local supermarket and give it to the person serving them at the counter. That person is at the start of their eight hr shift and meeys every other person that goes in to that shop.

Stay home

Reduce your contacts

Wash your hands

And wear a mask

Engage with government by e-mailing your local TD asking why we don't have airports and other entrances into the country secured rather than giving out that they messed it up

We are allowing them mess it up by staying quiet if you feel they are getting it wrong tell them we don't need to go on the streets but u can bombard your local representative

"

Dont forget the we are in this together.

limerick

Stay home

Reduce your contacts

Wash your hands

And wear a mask

Dont forget the we are in this together."

Apparently not

South Dublin Area

We are not in this together. That’s absolutely clear from the start.

Tbh at this stage we need put our faith in the vaccine rollout and see what happens. If by mid summer theres no change then an absolute new strategy is required.

We cant continue this lockdown strategy.

And as for long covid statitically chances of getting that are actually very small but the media wont tell you that, they just want to scare you..

Like the kawasaki disease and the blood clots from the astrazenica vaccine

"

And as for long covid statitically chances of getting that are actually very small but the media wont tell you that, they just want to scare you..

"

I'm not sure this is true.

Of the 6 people i personally know who were infected with COVID, 3 of them still suffer symptoms months later. This is somewhat inline with WHO published stats that up to 35% - 40% can end up with long COVID symptoms.

Tipperary

its very simple what the current problem is. The R rate is on 1 and stable or rising, reid said yesterday. its because alot more people and its increasing on a weekly basis have given up. we're in our 3rd l5 and approaching the longest yet. absolutely, it was needed after Xmas but they're fighting a loosing battle if they think they will get numbers to double digits. there is nothing in low risk format been given back to the people, who in the large majority have done what was asked. Martin should be addressing the nation with updates every 2 to 3 weeks but all is coming out is drips and drabs from different people. its obvious the whole basis is try keep as much locked down until the % required are vaccinated. the problem is they don't know when that will be and the people are getting highly frustrated and not prepared to wait as the good weather and summer is only around the corner. soon enough the governent are going to have 2 live with covid and adopt a different strategy to covid as lockdowns are destroying the economy and peoples lives.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"

I'm not sure this is true.

Of the 6 people i personally know who were infected with COVID, 3 of them still suffer symptoms months later. This is somewhat inline with WHO published stats that up to 35% - 40% can end up with long COVID symptoms."

Yes regardless of illness severity around a third experiences symptoms over a longer time .

South Dublin Area

Isnt it funny all these famous people that have had it, people who crave attention. Not a single one of them giving out in the media about it..

That surprises me.

Then you have the one... i use to run 6 marathons a year now i can barely get up the stairs.. people who are considered extremely fit and affected by it.

Yet most of the top footballers in europe have had covid at this stage and not a single one seems to have been affected buy it in the long term.

And you wont see Padraig Harrington on late late anytime soon....

He didn’t know he had it until he actually tested positive for it.

But suck all the poison and hysteria being spread in the media and swallow it up.

"Isnt it funny all these famous people that have had it....

"

If we are basing how serious a global pandemic is based on celebrity Instagram accounts then we are in a far more serious situation that I had previously imagined

on the hill NordWest of

"Isnt it funny all these famous people that have had it, people who crave attention. Not a single one of them giving out in the media about it..

That surprises me.

Then you have the one... i use to run 6 marathons a year now i can barely get up the stairs.. people who are considered extremely fit and affected by it.

Yet most of the top footballers in europe have had covid at this stage and not a single one seems to have been affected buy it in the long term.

And you wont see Padraig Harrington on late late anytime soon....

He didn’t know he had it until he actually tested positive for it.

But suck all the poison and hysteria being spread in the media and swallow it up.

"

Hu? What exactly is your point?

Tipperary

If we are basing how serious a global pandemic is based on celebrity Instagram accounts then we are in a far more serious situation that I had previously imagined "

they're making the point that tonnes have had it, alot didn't even know and are fine after it.

South Dublin Area

Some people dont wanna listen they want to just bend over and take the nonsense being spewed.

And yes you mentioned the Who figures on long covid.

Lets also mention the Who said on October 5th that 10% had been infected.

Going by that estimate a massive percentage of the population has already been exposed. Seems to have not made much of a difference on the general populations well being though.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

If we are basing how serious a global pandemic is based on celebrity Instagram accounts then we are in a far more serious situation that I had previously imagined they're making the point that tonnes have had it, alot didn't even know and are fine after it. "

Well to be fair those who died will hardly be making videos now would they .Or if say the ones who are very ill have more important things to deal with .

"Some people dont wanna listen they want to just bend over and take the nonsense being spewed.

Going by that estimate a massive percentage of the population has already been exposed. Seems to have not made much of a difference on the general populations well being though."

The current figure of worldwide deaths stands at 2.2 million and that is widely understood to be under estimated.

With +120 million cases so far and potential for up to 30% of these possibly becoming long covid, I'm not sure i would say it 'hasn't made much difference on general population'.

Where we both agree is that some people deffo don't want to listen alright

By *inxnmasterCouple  over a year ago

naughty valley

"Some people dont wanna listen they want to just bend over and take the nonsense being spewed.

Going by that estimate a massive percentage of the population has already been exposed. Seems to have not made much of a difference on the general populations well being though."

If that WHO number is correct then one could assume that natural herd immunity is kicking in and the virus as such is probably not much more a risk that human kind extinguish . Human immunity system can be quit powerful, who would ever have thought so

So people care about their freedom, businesses and even animals, over human life....as in, if it's not my family member, I don't care who dies. Really?

This virus is not defined by survivability but by its ease of transmission and risk to the vulnerable, a percentage of which, don't even know they are vulnerable. If you have witnessed the effects this virus can have on people, maybe your freedoms, businesses and animals, wouldn't seem so important. Yes, most will have mild symptoms. Yes, some will have no symptoms...but therein lies the danger and what gives you the right to put others at risk? As a society, we are a collective, everything we do effects others. So, on top of personal responsibility, how about we ALL take some collective responsibility. If we did, this would be over a hell of a lot sooner and some people wouldn't be grieving for loved ones, while others continue to put people at risk....just to have a parrrrrty!

This is not oppression, this is not dominance, this is protecting the most fundamental human right, the right to life

South Dublin Area

Going by that estimate a massive percentage of the population has already been exposed. Seems to have not made much of a difference on the general populations well being though.

If that WHO number is correct then one could assume that natural herd immunity is kicking in and the virus as such is probably not much more a risk that human kind extinguish . Human immunity system can be quit powerful, who would ever have thought so "

yes it is correct

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/10/05/who-10percent-of-worlds-people-may-have-been-infected-with-virus-.html

So that would mean around 760m people had been infected by October 5th but again people dont want to listen.

"

If that WHO number is correct then one could assume that natural herd immunity is kicking in and the virus as such is probably not much more a risk that human kind extinguish . Human immunity system can be quit powerful, who would ever have thought so "

Even if 10% of the world was infected by now..

1. Herd immunity is nowhere close at 10%

2. Its thought that natural immunity only last 6-9 months before you can become infectious again

South Dublin Area

"

If that WHO number is correct then one could assume that natural herd immunity is kicking in and the virus as such is probably not much more a risk that human kind extinguish . Human immunity system can be quit powerful, who would ever have thought so

Even if 10% of the world was infected by now..

1. Herd immunity is nowhere close at 10%

2. Its thought that natural immunity only last 6-9 months before you can become infectious again "

i was referring to long covid...

30% of 760m people should be suffering with it going on what you suggested and lets not forget its from October 5th. It would have to be at least twice that if not more now 6 months later.l, considering our cases are 7 times more than where the were then.

You need to re-educate yourself on the meaning of herd immunity- seriously

"i was referring to long covid...

30% of 760m people should be suffering with it going on what you suggested and lets not forget its from October 5th. It would have to be at least twice that if not more now 6 months later.l, considering our cases are 7 times more than where the were then.

"

I wasn't quoting you above, I quoted someone else who referred to herd immunity

Who's to say there isn't hundreds of millions people suffering from long covid at the moment? Not everyone will end up in hospital needing treatment.

The 3 people I know who have it since October/November time have symptoms ranging from shortage of breathe, reduced taste or smell, fatigue and one has had some more serious complications.

I'm not sure the point you are making The article you quote is referring to how transmissible the disease is and how serous it can be to people's health which is a direct contradiction of your own shared views yet you are happy to cherry pick a single stat out of the whole article and drop the rest ofnthe detail

I've given up arguing on covid threads... people will do what they think is acceptable and appropriate for themselves.

I think at this stage these threads should be kept in the virus section

Agreed.

I'm self isolating myself from them going forward.

"I've given up arguing on covid threads... people will do what they think is acceptable and appropriate for themselves.

I think at this stage these threads should be kept in the virus section "

All they talk about in the virus section is Swinging ffs lol

"I've given up arguing on covid threads... people will do what they think is acceptable and appropriate for themselves.

I think at this stage these threads should be kept in the virus section

All they talk about in the virus section is Swinging ffs lol"

By *kcoupleCouple  over a year ago

The only city in the world thought to have reached herd immunity or close to it is Manaus in Brazil with semi effective testing (but not treatments). They estimate maybe 60%plus had the original virus and the city was devastated with a huge mortality rate.

Here is where your herd immunity theory falls apart, June last year the P1 variant was detected and now Manaus is under huge pressure again with the new strain. Herd immunity by its nature can only be achieved long term when talking about a virus with little or no serious mutations and so far there are the UK/Brazilian/south African variants all in the space of six months. Sooner or later they expect more new variants that will not be stopped by the current vaccinations hence the push for more time given to lockdowns until a far greater number of people are vaccinate. Assumptions don't really work when it comes to stuff like this I'm afraid

By *irtypair00Couple  over a year ago

Dublin

"Its the reopening of schools thats problem.

Anyway, do what you want i say, 12 months in and no change sooner the better people getout and live their lives.

No idea whats around the corner"

True words that , we have heard it so many times wait till I retire ..

We have all lost ones loved ones well before their time xx .

Life is for living

Mr dirty

Tipperary

At the end of the day, everything at this stage comes to people wanting their freedom of life back. I could go into the ifs buts and maybes but l5s cannot continue indefinitely. At this stage, over a year in people are not thinking “oh I can’t do this because of who it might effect”. People in bigger numbers now are taking their own lives back into their own hands, as much as possible. If there was a definitive outlook when things might reopen , u might have more respect from the people but right now all we’re getting is ‘sit tight, we have to keep doing what we’re doing’., drips and drabs. The frustration on people is there’s no end in sight.

"At the end of the day, everything at this stage comes to people wanting their freedom of life back. I could go into the ifs buts and maybes but l5s cannot continue indefinitely. At this stage, over a year in people are not thinking “oh I can’t do this because of who it might effect”. People in bigger numbers now are taking their own lives back into their own hands, as much as possible. If there was a definitive outlook when things might reopen , u might have more respect from the people but right now all we’re getting is ‘sit tight, we have to keep doing what we’re doing’., drips and drabs. The frustration on people is there’s no end in sight."

But you've essentially been posting the exact same thing since last June and yet here we are. No burning of flags, no mass protests and rage bar the few on the streets last week. Overall anyone that wants to get on with life to any great degree is doing so. Like our government you have offered absolutely no exit strategy other than saying open up and people are sick of it. If you want to go somewhere then do it, if you want to meet up people then do so. There is literally no one going to stop you and to be honest you seem like you need it more than most given the repeated almost copy and paste covid rants

By *ohng69Man  over a year ago

athenry

"At the end of the day, everything at this stage comes to people wanting their freedom of life back. I could go into the ifs buts and maybes but l5s cannot continue indefinitely. At this stage, over a year in people are not thinking “oh I can’t do this because of who it might effect”. People in bigger numbers now are taking their own lives back into their own hands, as much as possible. If there was a definitive outlook when things might reopen , u might have more respect from the people but right now all we’re getting is ‘sit tight, we have to keep doing what we’re doing’., drips and drabs. The frustration on people is there’s no end in sight.

But you've essentially been posting the exact same thing since last June and yet here we are. No burning of flags, no mass protests and rage bar the few on the streets last week. Overall anyone that wants to get on with life to any great degree is doing so. Like our government you have offered absolutely no exit strategy other than saying open up and people are sick of it. If you want to go somewhere then do it, if you want to meet up people then do so. There is literally no one going to stop you and to be honest you seem like you need it more than most given the repeated almost copy and paste covid rants "

couldn't have said it any better

Tipperary

"At the end of the day, everything at this stage comes to people wanting their freedom of life back. I could go into the ifs buts and maybes but l5s cannot continue indefinitely. At this stage, over a year in people are not thinking “oh I can’t do this because of who it might effect”. People in bigger numbers now are taking their own lives back into their own hands, as much as possible. If there was a definitive outlook when things might reopen , u might have more respect from the people but right now all we’re getting is ‘sit tight, we have to keep doing what we’re doing’., drips and drabs. The frustration on people is there’s no end in sight.

But you've essentially been posting the exact same thing since last June and yet here we are. No burning of flags, no mass protests and rage bar the few on the streets last week. Overall anyone that wants to get on with life to any great degree is doing so. Like our government you have offered absolutely no exit strategy other than saying open up and people are sick of it. If you want to go somewhere then do it, if you want to meet up people then do so. There is literally no one going to stop you and to be honest you seem like you need it more than most given the repeated almost copy and paste covid rants "

im not the experts re-evaluating this situation since March 15th last year on a daily basis. Are you happy to sit in level 5 lockdown indefinitely with nothing given back to the people?

Somewhere in Co. Down

But you've essentially been posting the exact same thing since last June and yet here we are. No burning of flags, no mass protests and rage bar the few on the streets last week. Overall anyone that wants to get on with life to any great degree is doing so. Like our government you have offered absolutely no exit strategy other than saying open up and people are sick of it. If you want to go somewhere then do it, if you want to meet up people then do so. There is literally no one going to stop you and to be honest you seem like you need it more than most given the repeated almost copy and paste covid rants im not the experts re-evaluating this situation since March 15th last year on a daily basis. Are you happy to sit in level 5 lockdown indefinitely with nothing given back to the people?"

Why do you constantly say this to people on here. You seem think people on here make the decisions.I don't get why you constantly give out to people on here

.And as for people being sick of it everyone is not one person has said they are delighted with how things are .But you seem to think that's what anyone who says they see why we are in lockdown.

And anyhow weren't you one of the ones going on at Christmas saying you were not going to obey any lockdown rules at Christmas even if they were in place .You said you were going to party with friends and visit relatives just like you did every year .So now ranting about them lifting the restrictions and saying the government messed up is really pure hypocrisy when you were not going to pay any heed anyhow.

South Dublin Area

"Its the reopening of schools thats problem.

No idea whats around the corner

True words that , we have heard it so many times wait till I retire ..

We have all lost ones loved ones well before their time xx .

Life is for living

Mr dirty "

You were always wise Mr Dirty

But you've essentially been posting the exact same thing since last June and yet here we are. No burning of flags, no mass protests and rage bar the few on the streets last week. Overall anyone that wants to get on with life to any great degree is doing so. Like our government you have offered absolutely no exit strategy other than saying open up and people are sick of it. If you want to go somewhere then do it, if you want to meet up people then do so. There is literally no one going to stop you and to be honest you seem like you need it more than most given the repeated almost copy and paste covid rants im not the experts re-evaluating this situation since March 15th last year on a daily basis. Are you happy to sit in level 5 lockdown indefinitely with nothing given back to the people?"

Nothing given back ??? I've two kids back in school. Finally gotten a date for hospital appointments because the vast majority follow guidelines freeing up specialists. Speaking to a gaurd while I was out cycling last week and he said as long as people aren't being mouthy or traveling in large numbers in cars they are letting them go. Almost every small building site in the country is open and working, I don't know a single tradesman out of work compared to this time last year.

Care homes in the last round of tests had a 0.2% test positive for covid and now family members are allowed to visit in certain cases. People here are meeting away and getting on with their lives are more power to them. Vaccines are being dished out when we get them plus another few due to come on stream. Special needs services are re opening and if you still use your favourite mental health line I can give you or anyone else here the details of free mental health services that will allow 6 free 1 hours sessions... But wait, it's all about playing golf having a fee pints and the GAA isn't it. Why aren't you rebelling on the streets ?

on the hill NordWest of

Very little point of discussing severity of covid-19 or long covid and blaming the media of scaremongering. Fact is that some die and some others will have to deal with longterm effects and some others won't even know that they had it. By the end of the day you'll only find out when it hits you and I'm not keen of finding out.

The problem is that most countries in the world have failed to come up with a successful strategy to fight covid-19. The only adequate response would have been an approach like Taiwan or New Zealand. Yet most countries feared the economic consequences of such an approach and implemented restrictions when the figures got to high. The result is a much more damaging outcome on every level. Also the longer covid-19 spreads the more variants we have to deal with. As someone said further up the herd strategy isn't a goer so therefore the way to let people at lesser risk get on with their lifes isn't a valuable option either. The only hope relies now on the vaccines but the success of it might be jeopardised the longer we fight over vaccines supplies rather than finding a way of ramping up production and making sure that poorer countries are not left behind.

Tipperary

But you've essentially been posting the exact same thing since last June and yet here we are. No burning of flags, no mass protests and rage bar the few on the streets last week. Overall anyone that wants to get on with life to any great degree is doing so. Like our government you have offered absolutely no exit strategy other than saying open up and people are sick of it. If you want to go somewhere then do it, if you want to meet up people then do so. There is literally no one going to stop you and to be honest you seem like you need it more than most given the repeated almost copy and paste covid rants im not the experts re-evaluating this situation since March 15th last year on a daily basis. Are you happy to sit in level 5 lockdown indefinitely with nothing given back to the people?

Nothing given back ??? I've two kids back in school. Finally gotten a date for hospital appointments because the vast majority follow guidelines freeing up specialists. Speaking to a gaurd while I was out cycling last week and he said as long as people aren't being mouthy or traveling in large numbers in cars they are letting them go. Almost every small building site in the country is open and working, I don't know a single tradesman out of work compared to this time last year.

Care homes in the last round of tests had a 0.2% test positive for covid and now family members are allowed to visit in certain cases. People here are meeting away and getting on with their lives are more power to them. Vaccines are being dished out when we get them plus another few due to come on stream. Special needs services are re opening and if you still use your favourite mental health line I can give you or anyone else here the details of free mental health services that will allow 6 free 1 hours sessions... But wait, it's all about playing golf having a fee pints and the GAA isn't it. Why aren't you rebelling on the streets ? "

everything you mentioned are necessities in life. Building sites, work, hospital appointments. I’m talking about enjoyments and involvements for people which are taken away plentiful at the moment. There is calls no end to resume training in all sports, out in the fresh air for kids and adults, low risk environments as I have been saying so I’ll ask again, are you happy to continue living in the current l5?

Somewhere in Co. Down

"Very little point of discussing severity of covid-19 or long covid and blaming the media of scaremongering. Fact is that some die and some others will have to deal with longterm effects and some others won't even know that they had it. By the end of the day you'll only find out when it hits you and I'm not keen of finding out.

The problem is that most countries in the world have failed to come up with a successful strategy to fight covid-19. The only adequate response would have been an approach like Taiwan or New Zealand. Yet most countries feared the economic consequences of such an approach and implemented restrictions when the figures got to high. The result is a much more damaging outcome on every level. Also the longer covid-19 spreads the more variants we have to deal with. As someone said further up the herd strategy isn't a goer so therefore the way to let people at lesser risk get on with their lifes isn't a valuable option either. The only hope relies now on the vaccines but the success of it might be jeopardised the longer we fight over vaccines supplies rather than finding a way of ramping up production and making sure that poorer countries are not left behind. "

I agree.

Some really interesting and thoughtful posts in the last few minutes which put alot of things into perspective regarding the overall strategy and how we are slowly but safely trying to open up until enough people are vaccinated

You know on that TV channel Dave..... they have messages at the start of shows "Originally Broadcast in 20whatever"

Some posts should come with that

athenry

"You know on that TV channel Dave..... they have messages at the start of shows "Originally Broadcast in 20whatever"

Some posts should come with that"

Are these the shows that are being continually repeated??

But you've essentially been posting the exact same thing since last June and yet here we are. No burning of flags, no mass protests and rage bar the few on the streets last week. Overall anyone that wants to get on with life to any great degree is doing so. Like our government you have offered absolutely no exit strategy other than saying open up and people are sick of it. If you want to go somewhere then do it, if you want to meet up people then do so. There is literally no one going to stop you and to be honest you seem like you need it more than most given the repeated almost copy and paste covid rants im not the experts re-evaluating this situation since March 15th last year on a daily basis. Are you happy to sit in level 5 lockdown indefinitely with nothing given back to the people?

Care homes in the last round of tests had a 0.2% test positive for covid and now family members are allowed to visit in certain cases. People here are meeting away and getting on with their lives are more power to them. Vaccines are being dished out when we get them plus another few due to come on stream. Special needs services are re opening and if you still use your favourite mental health line I can give you or anyone else here the details of free mental health services that will allow 6 free 1 hours sessions... But wait, it's all about playing golf having a fee pints and the GAA isn't it. Why aren't you rebelling on the streets ? everything you mentioned are necessities in life. Building sites, work, hospital appointments. I’m talking about enjoyments and involvements for people which are taken away plentiful at the moment. There is calls no end to resume training in all sports, out in the fresh air for kids and adults, low risk environments as I have been saying so I’ll ask again, are you happy to continue living in the current l5?"

You always sound silly

"You know on that TV channel Dave..... they have messages at the start of shows "Originally Broadcast in 20whatever"

Some posts should come with that Are these the shows that are being continually repeated??"

Indeed

Tipperary

"Some really interesting and thoughtful posts in the last few minutes which put alot of things into perspective regarding the overall strategy and how we are slowly but safely trying to open up until enough people are vaccinated "
slowly but safely? Lol there is nothing coming out of the governments mouth about a reopening plan. We’re approaching our longest lockdown yet. Our first lockdown, there was a plan introduced, this time there is nothing only ‘we should have x amount vaccinated this month and x amount the month after. There is nothing coming out what will be opened and allowed.

athenry

"Some really interesting and thoughtful posts in the last few minutes which put alot of things into perspective regarding the overall strategy and how we are slowly but safely trying to open up until enough people are vaccinated slowly but safely? Lol there is nothing coming out of the governments mouth about a reopening plan. We’re approaching our longest lockdown yet. Our first lockdown, there was a plan introduced, this time there is nothing only ‘we should have x amount vaccinated this month and x amount the month after. There is nothing coming out what will be opened and allowed. "
Yes there was a reopening plan during the first lockdown but what happened that? It worked at the beginning but then wave 2 hit. Would you be happy with another similar plan even though it may not work either?

Tipperary

"Some really interesting and thoughtful posts in the last few minutes which put alot of things into perspective regarding the overall strategy and how we are slowly but safely trying to open up until enough people are vaccinated slowly but safely? Lol there is nothing coming out of the governments mouth about a reopening plan. We’re approaching our longest lockdown yet. Our first lockdown, there was a plan introduced, this time there is nothing only ‘we should have x amount vaccinated this month and x amount the month after. There is nothing coming out what will be opened and allowed. Yes there was a reopening plan during the first lockdown but what happened that? It worked at the beginning but then wave 2 hit. Would you be happy with another similar plan even though it may not work either?"
were approaching the summer. cases dropped last summer with the hot weather. exact same will happen. your looking at the past. we now have vaccines here.

Tipperary

and if u do, until when?

South Dublin Area

Here is one from CSO i just read.

Deaths in 2020 - January to September = 24367

Deaths in 2019 - January to September = 23495

Deaths in 2018 - January to September = 23953

This is actual data released on Cso website, 414 deaths of a difference between 2018 and 2020..

Hardly a serious pattern is it?

I look forward to seeing the last quarter when released. That will be very interesting.

"Here is one from CSO i just read.

This is actual data released on Cso website, 414 deaths of a difference between 2018 and 2020..

I look forward to seeing the last quarter when released. That will be very interesting.

"

Here is one I just read also

https://www.hiqa.ie/hiqa-news-updates/covid-19-causes-13-increase-deaths-ireland-between-march-and-june-2020-hiqa

COVID-19 causes 13% increase in deaths in Ireland between March and June 2020 - HIQA

HIQA’s Chief Scientist, Dr Conor Teljeur, said: “Based on an analysis of the death notices reported on RIP.ie since 2010, there is clear evidence of excess deaths occurring since the first reported death due to COVID-19 in Ireland. There were about 1,100 to 1,200 more deaths than we would expect based on historical patterns; a 13% increase between 11 March to 16 June. 

South Dublin Area

"Here is one from CSO i just read.

Here is one I just read also

https://www.hiqa.ie/hiqa-news-updates/covid-19-causes-13-increase-deaths-ireland-between-march-and-june-2020-hiqa

COVID-19 causes 13% increase in deaths in Ireland between March and June 2020 - HIQA

HIQA’s Chief Scientist, Dr Conor Teljeur, said: “Based on an analysis of the death notices reported on RIP.ie since 2010, there is clear evidence of excess deaths occurring since the first reported death due to COVID-19 in Ireland. There were about 1,100 to 1,200 more deaths than we would expect based on historical patterns; a 13% increase between 11 March to 16 June. "

Can you post the data from the 3 months that came after then? Yknow the 3 months july to sept where the death rate was leas than 2019?

Actually probably best not for your sake, it shows where the 13% mentioned from the previous 3 months came from..

What is absolutely going to happen. They will release the figures from the 4th quarter and the death rates will be so similar it will be like there was no pandemic.

By *wingpeterMan  over a year ago

Enniscorthy

I fully agree.Parties are off right now.

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"were approaching the summer. cases dropped last summer with the hot weather. exact same will happen. your looking at the past. we now have vaccines here. "

Last summer's virus and the current UK variant are not the same beast. The UK variant is more contagious, and the illness that results is more acute. At this stage it really is down to people just sticking to the regulations until the vaccination programme ramps up, no matter how fed up they are.

I live alone, I work from home, I have chronic anxiety and depression. It's been over a month since I touched another human being. It's been three weeks since I had a face to face conversation with someone in person. Yes, it's hard. I'm miserable often. It's not impossible to do though. It would be lovely and easy to say "fuck it" but someone has to do their part to make up for those who simply can't be arsed anymore.

By *erandhim500Couple  over a year ago

around

It’s very easy to say open up the country blah blah but for the majority here getting covid would be no big deal , 2 weeks off work and up to 6 months immunity, but we are not thinking of the vulnerable in our society. I’ve watched fit 80 year olds with a good ten years left In them be totally wiped out. Sat with them as they drew their last breath , When their families

Couldn’t be there . No one would convince me that lockdown is not needed right now . The numbers are far from stable or where we should be

"Can you post the data from the 3 months that came after then? Yknow the 3 months july to sept where the death rate was leas than 2019?

Actually probably best not for your sake, it shows where the 13% mentioned from the previous 3 months came from..

What is absolutely going to happen. They will release the figures from the 4th quarter and the death rates will be so similar it will be like there was no pandemic. "

This article will explain it clearly for you, I'm not going to copy and paste everything here. Particularly look at the graph that shows deaths per year over last 5 years and look at the large spikes in deaths when the virus is out of control in 2020.

https://www.thejournal.ie/factfind-ireland-excess-deaths-covid-19-5376262-Mar2021/

Some other things to note, which I assume you are taking into account.

1. Deaths from other causes may actually decrease as a result of public health measures implemented to stop the spread of Covid-19; for example, if fewer workplaces are allowed to open, there may be a reduction in workplace accidents.

2. Comparing deaths in Ireland during June 2020 to those in June each year from 2015 to 2019 likely won’t reveal much about excess mortality due to Covid-19, given that deaths caused by the virus were at a low point that month. If the virus is under control due to measures in place then deaths won't be out of control. This is why it is important that everyone sticks to the public health measures

Tipperary

"were approaching the summer. cases dropped last summer with the hot weather. exact same will happen. your looking at the past. we now have vaccines here.

Last summer's virus and the current UK variant are not the same beast. The UK variant is more contagious, and the illness that results is more acute. At this stage it really is down to people just sticking to the regulations until the vaccination programme ramps up, no matter how fed up they are.

I live alone, I work from home, I have chronic anxiety and depression. It's been over a month since I touched another human being. It's been three weeks since I had a face to face conversation with someone in person. Yes, it's hard. I'm miserable often. It's not impossible to do though. It would be lovely and easy to say "fuck it" but someone has to do their part to make up for those who simply can't be arsed anymore."

so your admitting been afraid or for a better word more fearful of the other other variants so we have to stay in lockdown?

Theres a "virus" thread for people who like to talk about the "virus" all the live long day.

Just saying in case you werent aware..

Mrs S x

Tipperary

some line the middle of 2021 and all will be rosy. at the moment were worse then we were last year. no time frame to get your life back and not just existing will make it a million times worse on people.

Tipperary

"Theres a "virus" thread for people who like to talk about the "virus" all the live long day.

Just saying in case you werent aware..

Mrs S x"

and people can also ignore threads all they want 2. they don't even have to look at them, imagine that.

louth

Know 6 people in 1 household who had covid.. All had runny noses so they took no notice until 1 got suspicious and got tested.. They range in age from 12 to 72..I had a runny nose for a week 2 months ago I possibly had it too who knows.. Point being all this mass hysteria for nothing more than a cold and the people who die would just have easily died of another ailment as their immune systems were fucked anyway but blame it all on covid.. 99% survival rate and society comes to a halt.. Open the country up healthy fit people should not be held to ransom by that 1% who were on deaths door anyway

Tipperary

"Know 6 people in 1 household who had covid.. All had runny noses so they took no notice until 1 got suspicious and got tested.. They range in age from 12 to 72..I had a runny nose for a week 2 months ago I possibly had it too who knows.. Point being all this mass hysteria for nothing more than a cold and the people who die would just have easily died of another ailment as their immune systems were fucked anyway but blame it all on covid.. 99% survival rate and society comes to a halt.. Open the country up healthy fit people should not be held to ransom by that 1% who were on deaths door anyway "
young people locked away, been ridiculed regularly for even mixing with a few friends out on the street. the world is gone bannanas. its about time the country was opened and let people move on with their lives and live with covid like you'll have to do. waiting an eternity to reach an 80% vaccination number will have deaths added to the list from various other conditions from comtinous lockdown. it actually doesn't bare thinking about how long this lockdown could go on for. your basically stopping all healthy younger people from living their lives to the maximum on a continius basis with no end in sight, actually giving them nothing back.

louth

"Know 6 people in 1 household who had covid.. All had runny noses so they took no notice until 1 got suspicious and got tested.. They range in age from 12 to 72..I had a runny nose for a week 2 months ago I possibly had it too who knows.. Point being all this mass hysteria for nothing more than a cold and the people who die would just have easily died of another ailment as their immune systems were fucked anyway but blame it all on covid.. 99% survival rate and society comes to a halt.. Open the country up healthy fit people should not be held to ransom by that 1% who were on deaths door anyway young people locked away, been ridiculed regularly for even mixing with a few friends out on the street. the world is gone bannanas. its about time the country was opened and let people move on with their lives and live with covid like you'll have to do. waiting an eternity to reach an 80% vaccination number will have deaths added to the list from various other conditions from comtinous lockdown. it actually doesn't bare thinking about how long this lockdown could go on for. your basically stopping all healthy younger people from living their lives to the maximum on a continius basis with no end in sight, actually giving them nothing back. "

will be no reopening on april 5th now ..its more like start of june imagine

Tipperary

"Know 6 people in 1 household who had covid.. All had runny noses so they took no notice until 1 got suspicious and got tested.. They range in age from 12 to 72..I had a runny nose for a week 2 months ago I possibly had it too who knows.. Point being all this mass hysteria for nothing more than a cold and the people who die would just have easily died of another ailment as their immune systems were fucked anyway but blame it all on covid.. 99% survival rate and society comes to a halt.. Open the country up healthy fit people should not be held to ransom by that 1% who were on deaths door anyway young people locked away, been ridiculed regularly for even mixing with a few friends out on the street. the world is gone bannanas. its about time the country was opened and let people move on with their lives and live with covid like you'll have to do. waiting an eternity to reach an 80% vaccination number will have deaths added to the list from various other conditions from comtinous lockdown. it actually doesn't bare thinking about how long this lockdown could go on for. your basically stopping all healthy younger people from living their lives to the maximum on a continius basis with no end in sight, actually giving them nothing back.

will be no reopening on april 5th now ..its more like start of june imagine "

sure you wouldn't be one bit surprised. there whole outlook is vaccine based, hitting high targets, a vaccine they don't even have enough of to give out. its comical. they set targets at Xmas and its like numbers were just pulled from thin air.

"Know 6 people in 1 household who had covid.. All had runny noses so they took no notice until 1 got suspicious and got tested.. They range in age from 12 to 72..I had a runny nose for a week 2 months ago I possibly had it too who knows.. Point being all this mass hysteria for nothing more than a cold and the people who die would just have easily died of another ailment as their immune systems were fucked anyway but blame it all on covid.. 99% survival rate and society comes to a halt.. Open the country up healthy fit people should not be held to ransom by that 1% who were on deaths door anyway young people locked away, been ridiculed regularly for even mixing with a few friends out on the street. the world is gone bannanas. its about time the country was opened and let people move on with their lives and live with covid like you'll have to do. waiting an eternity to reach an 80% vaccination number will have deaths added to the list from various other conditions from comtinous lockdown. it actually doesn't bare thinking about how long this lockdown could go on for. your basically stopping all healthy younger people from living their lives to the maximum on a continius basis with no end in sight, actually giving them nothing back. "

Spring 2025

I will live my life as usual.

There is no point to lock the whole globe because of te virus.

I understood to be careful 12 months ago but now? Mortality is even lower than a flu. Oh btw where is the flu? Magically disappeared?

Death is part of our live cycle. We arent immortal.

Yes, flu and coronaviruses attack people with weak immune system. How many died because they didnt get tge cheapest and worldwide available treatments: amantadine, chlorokine me

Chloroquine meds***

Not even mention to prevent being sick by taking higher doses of vitamins D3, C, zinc and selenium...

All available and well known since ages...

"Know 6 people in 1 household who had covid.. All had runny noses so they took no notice until 1 got suspicious and got tested.. They range in age from 12 to 72..I had a runny nose for a week 2 months ago I possibly had it too who knows.. Point being all this mass hysteria for nothing more than a cold and the people who die would just have easily died of another ailment as their immune systems were fucked anyway but blame it all on covid.. 99% survival rate and society comes to a halt.. Open the country up healthy fit people should not be held to ransom by that 1% who were on deaths door anyway "

What absolute and total bollocks

South Dublin Area

"Can you post the data from the 3 months that came after then? Yknow the 3 months july to sept where the death rate was leas than 2019?

What is absolutely going to happen. They will release the figures from the 4th quarter and the death rates will be so similar it will be like there was no pandemic.

This article will explain it clearly for you, I'm not going to copy and paste everything here. Particularly look at the graph that shows deaths per year over last 5 years and look at the large spikes in deaths when the virus is out of control in 2020.

https://www.thejournal.ie/factfind-ireland-excess-deaths-covid-19-5376262-Mar2021/

Some other things to note, which I assume you are taking into account.

1. Deaths from other causes may actually decrease as a result of public health measures implemented to stop the spread of Covid-19; for example, if fewer workplaces are allowed to open, there may be a reduction in workplace accidents.

2. Comparing deaths in Ireland during June 2020 to those in June each year from 2015 to 2019 likely won’t reveal much about excess mortality due to Covid-19, given that deaths caused by the virus were at a low point that month. If the virus is under control due to measures in place then deaths won't be out of control. This is why it is important that everyone sticks to the public health measures

"

I give you actual simple data and you haven't even the common sense to accept it. Keep your narrative going whatever you will.

At end of the day, all be revealed when the yearly deaths are counted but then again people like you will still think its far worse than it actually is.

We have done a few experiments with the diagnostic pcr test, also with the antibody tests and...

Believe me or not but 90% of the tests were positive for: a fresh chicken breast, an apple, a papaya, beef steak

What the conclusion we got?

Stop using non effective 'tests' to prove people are spreading the infection. Especially in the flu season, where every child knows that there is increase from Nov to March

Running nose? Cough? Sneezing? All are symptoms of covid

Really? So flu magically disappeared? No.

Coronaviruses were well known in late 70s last century. There is nothing new to be honest.

Im still curious how whole globe could believe for not a few weeks but for 12 months! that this virus is deadly

More, no one really checked the available open sources related to coronaviruses? Oh yeah too much digging to find a long list of the research from late 70s til now...

Massive global hysteria, and no one cares about others, still believing that the gvt is taking care of citizens

Its a joke! No one from any gvt cares about the people. Wake up, say enough and live the life!

"Know 6 people in 1 household who had covid.. All had runny noses so they took no notice until 1 got suspicious and got tested.. They range in age from 12 to 72..I had a runny nose for a week 2 months ago I possibly had it too who knows.. Point being all this mass hysteria for nothing more than a cold and the people who die would just have easily died of another ailment as their immune systems were fucked anyway but blame it all on covid.. 99% survival rate and society comes to a halt.. Open the country up healthy fit people should not be held to ransom by that 1% who were on deaths door anyway

We have done a few experiments with the diagnostic pcr test, also with the antibody tests and...

Believe me or not but 90% of the tests were positive for: a fresh chicken breast, an apple, a papaya, beef steak

Stop using non effective 'tests' to prove people are spreading the infection. Especially in the flu season, where every child knows that there is increase from Nov to March

Coronaviruses were well known in late 70s last century. There is nothing new to be honest.

Im still curious how whole globe could believe for not a few weeks but for 12 months! that this virus is deadly

More, no one really checked the available open sources related to coronaviruses? Oh yeah too much digging to find a long list of the research from late 70s til now...

Massive global hysteria, and no one cares about others, still believing that the gvt is taking care of citizens

Its a joke! No one from any gvt cares about the people. Wake up, say enough and live the life!

"

Please fact check before posting utter tripe. I mean actual fact check not nut job confirmation bias clap trap. Mind you, you have form for nonsense like this so I'm pissing in the wind

Wow, so many intellectuals in the one place.....

Belfast

"Know 6 people in 1 household who had covid.. All had runny noses so they took no notice until 1 got suspicious and got tested.. They range in age from 12 to 72..I had a runny nose for a week 2 months ago I possibly had it too who knows.. Point being all this mass hysteria for nothing more than a cold and the people who die would just have easily died of another ailment as their immune systems were fucked anyway but blame it all on covid.. 99% survival rate and society comes to a halt.. Open the country up healthy fit people should not be held to ransom by that 1% who were on deaths door anyway

Please fact check before posting utter tripe. I mean actual fact check not nut job confirmation bias clap trap. Mind you, you have form for nonsense like this so I'm pissing in the wind "

Join the club

Tipperary

so many people wanting lockdown to continue in one place.

Belfast

Let's start burning snow

Tipperary

"Let's start burning snow "
jesus don't.

Tipperary

id go as far as saying some on here would like everything to stay shut until next year if people are not vaccinated.

"

"

What the actual fuck is this shite?

Tipperary

"

What the actual fuck is this shite? "

its words on a screen.

"

its words on a screen. "

Its a combination of alot of words alright....

"

its words on a screen.

Its a combination of alot of words alright.... "

Having a problem with understanding?

Read a couple of times, maybe you will understand but I do not expect that will you get even 1% of what I wrote above.

You are in the group of people who are narrow-minded

Have a nice evening!

Tipperary

"

its words on a screen.

Its a combination of alot of words alright.... "

look at the end of the day, you defend an inept government to the nines. they did things right but absolutely fucked up in many areas which enhanced the problem. one big one is allowing open travel and other variants into the country and making a monumental vaccine fuck up with the EU. were now a year on and no sign of a reopening to our country in workplaces plus involvements/enjoyments and some in fab are happy for it to continue. it beggers belief at this stage.

"

its words on a screen.

Its a combination of alot of words alright.... look at the end of the day, you defend an inept government to the nines. they did things right but absolutely fucked up in many areas which enhanced the problem. one big one is allowing open travel and other variants into the country and making a monumental vaccine fuck up with the EU. were now a year on and no sign of a reopening to our country in workplaces plus involvements/enjoyments and some in fab are happy for it to continue. it beggers belief at this stage. "

I think you're confusing being responsible with wanting lockdown to continue. In fact, it's pretty glib and flippant to conflate those two notions. I'd go as far to say it's insulting

Tipperary

"

its words on a screen.

Its a combination of alot of words alright.... look at the end of the day, you defend an inept government to the nines. they did things right but absolutely fucked up in many areas which enhanced the problem. one big one is allowing open travel and other variants into the country and making a monumental vaccine fuck up with the EU. were now a year on and no sign of a reopening to our country in workplaces plus involvements/enjoyments and some in fab are happy for it to continue. it beggers belief at this stage.

I think you're confusing being responsible with wanting lockdown to continue. In fact, it's pretty glib and flippant to conflate those two notions. I'd go as far to say it's insulting"

being responsible? you're living under level 5 restriction, the 3rd time in the last year and they're still not at a stage to open up the country to a capacity and you along with others are happy to continue living in it.

"

its words on a screen.

Its a combination of alot of words alright....

Having a problem with understanding?

Read a couple of times, maybe you will understand but I do not expect that will you get even 1% of what I wrote above.

You are in the group of people who are narrow-minded

Have a nice evening! "

If me thinking what you posted is not only inaccurate but also disturbing means I'm narrow minded, then I'm very comfortable with being labelled narrow minded along with the 'other group of people'

louth

"

My sentiments exactly but hey don't say that too loud or the sheeple will hear it.. Sheeple cannot tolerate real people with real opinions that make sense.. Sheeple do exactly what the government want us to do and prolong the agony.. Don't use brain be a sheep

"

its words on a screen.

Its a combination of alot of words alright.... look at the end of the day, you defend an inept government to the nines. they did things right but absolutely fucked up in many areas which enhanced the problem. one big one is allowing open travel and other variants into the country and making a monumental vaccine fuck up with the EU. were now a year on and no sign of a reopening to our country in workplaces plus involvements/enjoyments and some in fab are happy for it to continue. it beggers belief at this stage.

I think you're confusing being responsible with wanting lockdown to continue. In fact, it's pretty glib and flippant to conflate those two notions. I'd go as far to say it's insultingbeing responsible? you're living under level 5 restriction, the 3rd time in the last year and they're still not at a stage to open up the country to a capacity and you along with others are happy to continue living in it. "

Where did I say I'm happy with it? I will however do what is right to protect vulnerable family and friends. Oh and myself, because I'm one of those annoying fuckers selfishly expecting others to sacrifice a wee bit of freedom for a while so that I can perhaps not prematurely leave my children without a mother. But hey, we all gotta die sometime so what does it matter. Work away. Carry on regardless. Because I'm bloody loving it. I'm having THE time of my life here. I LOVE it. I love having no physical human interaction. I love not socialising. I love not being able to hug my mum. I love seeing my children's education ripped apart. I loved watching my eldest child have a breakdown. I love not having any physical contact with the man I love. I'm having an absolute blast mate.

Tipperary

"

its words on a screen.

I think you're confusing being responsible with wanting lockdown to continue. In fact, it's pretty glib and flippant to conflate those two notions. I'd go as far to say it's insultingbeing responsible? you're living under level 5 restriction, the 3rd time in the last year and they're still not at a stage to open up the country to a capacity and you along with others are happy to continue living in it.

Where did I say I'm happy with it? I will however do what is right to protect vulnerable family and friends. Oh and myself, because I'm one of those annoying fuckers selfishly expecting others to sacrifice a wee bit of freedom for a while so that I can perhaps not prematurely leave my children without a mother. But hey, we all gotta die sometime so what does it matter. Work away. Carry on regardless. Because I'm bloody loving it. I'm having THE time of my life here. I LOVE it. I love having no physical human interaction. I love not socialising. I love not being able to hug my mum. I love seeing my children's education ripped apart. I loved watching my eldest child have a breakdown. I love not having any physical contact with the man I love. I'm having an absolute blast mate. "

you could have the majority of those if u wanted to at this stage. thats YOUR choice. if you want to have a never ending wait (whenever that may be), thats also your choice. I know plenty of vulnerable categorised people at this stage trying to live as free a life as they can. everyone whose categorised as vulnerable is not "petrified" at this stage. there life is so miserable and an existence they're mad to get out and about. if you went along with the attitude "I'm considered vulnerable"' ill die if I get this", you wouldn't stir outside the front door.

Once more for the hard of hearing. Again you're confusing being responsible with something else. I am not petrified, I am being responsible.

middle of nowhere

Some people just don't get it.

Thats why the figures are rising again.

Tipperary

"Once more for the hard of hearing. Again you're confusing being responsible with something else. I am not petrified, I am being responsible. "
you took one word from that piece i wrote. the bottom line is you have a choice, like everybody. if at this stage vulnerably classified people are getting out to meet a few people because they're cracking up, they should be frowned upon, should they?

Tipperary

"Some people just don't get it.

Thats why the figures are rising again. "

the figures are rising slightly in mostly younger people. why? its not that they don't get it. there sick to the teeth and be driven mental with how they're living, thats why. its going on since October bar a little reprieve in December. it makes me laugh people think its so easy for younger people to live like this who have so many involvements in life and can't live in any of them.

middle of nowhere

Thats why the figures are rising again. the figures are rising slightly in mostly younger people. why? its not that they don't get it. there sick to the teeth and be driven mental with how they're living, thats why. its going on since October bar a little reprieve in December. it makes me laugh people think its so easy for younger people to live like this who have so many involvements in life and can't live in any of them. "

I never said it was easy for any age group.

Tipperary

Thats why the figures are rising again. the figures are rising slightly in mostly younger people. why? its not that they don't get it. there sick to the teeth and be driven mental with how they're living, thats why. its going on since October bar a little reprieve in December. it makes me laugh people think its so easy for younger people to live like this who have so many involvements in life and can't live in any of them.

I never said it was easy for any age group. "

I just told you why numbers are slightly rising.

middle of nowhere

Thats why the figures are rising again. the figures are rising slightly in mostly younger people. why? its not that they don't get it. there sick to the teeth and be driven mental with how they're living, thats why. its going on since October bar a little reprieve in December. it makes me laugh people think its so easy for younger people to live like this who have so many involvements in life and can't live in any of them.

I never said it was easy for any age group. I just told you why numbers are slightly rising. "

The whole point is that numbers are rising.

Dublin

I get the vibe that some people want the lockdown over tomorrow whilst others reluctantly want it to continue

middle of nowhere

"I get the vibe that some people want the lockdown over tomorrow whilst others reluctantly want it to continue"

Thats a ridiculous statement.

"... 99% survival rate and society comes to a halt.. Open the country up healthy fit people should not be held to ransom by that 1% who were on deaths door anyway "

Eh, it kills 1% of the population now!! When it is a single strain and the entire planet has shut down.

But we have no idea what it could mutate into. How is it possible that a year into this and some people still cannot grasp this concept? You must be trolling?

Everytime it reproduces inside a healthy host, it has another chance to mutate into something more dangerous. We needed to slow its mutations so we can create a vaccine when it's still a single strain that we can control. Not let it multiply/mutate through every healthy person on earth!

You do realise 1% of the planet is 70 Million? What if a new more dangerous strain emerges before the planet is vaccinated and kills 1%, then 2% then 3% every 6 months?

It was a race against the clock to slow the spread until we got a vaccine sorted. Otherwise mankind will have to deal with this for all eternity, not just a year or so.

People who say "let healthy people go around" havemt a clue what they're talking about.

Tipperary

I never said it was easy for any age group. I just told you why numbers are slightly rising.

The whole point is that numbers are rising."

and I told you why.

Dublin

It's a factually sound statement based on an aggregate of the comments

middle of nowhere

I never said it was easy for any age group. I just told you why numbers are slightly rising.

The whole point is that numbers are rising.and I told you why. "

Thanks for the information Dr.Willy

Tipperary

The whole point is that numbers are rising.and I told you why.

Thanks for the information Dr.Willy"

no problem.

"It's a factually sound statement based on an aggregate of the comments "

Perhaps "agree that it's a necessary evil" might be more accurate than "reluctantly want it to continue"

Dublin

"It's a factually sound statement based on an aggregate of the comments

Perhaps "agree that it's a necessary evil" might be more accurate than "reluctantly want it to continue""

That's fair

middle of nowhere

Perhaps "agree that it's a necessary evil" might be more accurate than "reluctantly want it to continue""

Exactly. Nobody wants to live like this. Everyone wants to get back to living their lives.

Dublin

Perhaps "agree that it's a necessary evil" might be more accurate than "reluctantly want it to continue"

Exactly. Nobody wants to live like this. Everyone wants to get back to living their lives. "

I fully agree

And I said earlier I don't agree with Doc Willy as Xmas was a shit show. I'm related to a nurse and also know a swabber that have seen a massive amount of people in a bad way or that have died due to covid

But I get the sentiment on those that are losing their rag

It is clear that there is no real strategy and all we hear is hold on a bit longer etc

But there has been a few worrying comments from those in power here and abroad - institutions, respected authorities that even with high vaccinations rates lockdowns may continue

And if the global South is frozen out of vaccine excess for years to come what's going to happen?? Our shit show gov have only now enforced mandatory quarantine for incoming travellers

I don't have the answer obviously but the WHO said last year lockdowns are not the way to tackle the virus long term, they should only be used sporadically and in line with a broader strategy

So we're fooked. As the paddywhackery that is the Dail have nothing apart from platitudes to offer

Dublin

And last thing I'll say before I bore the pants off of everyone here is to forget about what people on Fab are doing as its a tiny population relatively

I've been all over Dublin City and the subburbs the last few weeks for work

There is 1000s around. Lockdown has ended for a massive amount of the population so we're never getting back down to properly low numbers so yay more fucking lockdown... well into Summer I'd imagine. Unless we get onto uncle Vlad and get some of that Russia Vacc its gonna be tough

Tipperary

"And last thing I'll say before I bore the pants off of everyone here is to forget about what people on Fab are doing as its a tiny population relatively

There is 1000s around. Lockdown has ended for a massive amount of the population so we're never getting back down to properly low numbers so yay more fucking lockdown... well into Summer I'd imagine. Unless we get onto uncle Vlad and get some of that Russia Vacc its gonna be tough

"

the way it will work is the more vulnerable are vaccinated the more we open. the shit show is the vulnerable should be bert near vaxed at this stage. where is that fucking vaccine/s.

Have a nice Sunday! "

logic seems to be lacking everywhere I look these days . more power to those who can see past graphs and figures that no one knows details to and highly paid bullshitters that write checks for even higher paid bullshitters to tell them what to do with the public .

louth

"... 99% survival rate and society comes to a halt.. Open the country up healthy fit people should not be held to ransom by that 1% who were on deaths door anyway

Eh, it kills 1% of the population now!! When it is a single strain and the entire planet has shut down.

But we have no idea what it could mutate into. How is it possible that a year into this and some people still cannot grasp this concept? You must be trolling?

Everytime it reproduces inside a healthy host, it has another chance to mutate into something more dangerous. We needed to slow its mutations so we can create a vaccine when it's still a single strain that we can control. Not let it multiply/mutate through every healthy person on earth!

You do realise 1% of the planet is 70 Million? What if a new more dangerous strain emerges before the planet is vaccinated and kills 1%, then 2% then 3% every 6 months?

It was a race against the clock to slow the spread until we got a vaccine sorted. Otherwise mankind will have to deal with this for all eternity, not just a year or so.

People who say "let healthy people go around" havemt a clue what they're talking about."

Covid will still be in circulation in 100 years time.. Fact

"And last thing I'll say before I bore the pants off of everyone here is to forget about what people on Fab are doing as its a tiny population relatively

the way it will work is the more vulnerable are vaccinated the more we open. the shit show is the vulnerable should be bert near vaxed at this stage. where is that fucking vaccine/s. "

It won't work like that one little bit. The UK France and Germanys biggest worries are now new variants worse than what we already have caused by people continuing to mix and pay no respect to restrictions. We have seen people here complaining about the lack of government action in flights meat plants etc etc and continue to meet strangers every weekend. It's just the way of the world, people will do as the wish and anyone telling them what to do suddenly becomes a "so called expert".

If we were to take the attitudes of people here as a snapshot of how society at large will move ahead then you can forget about April or June. You have a summer of restrictions ahead of you and there isn't a tap you can do about it.

limerick

"Some really interesting and thoughtful posts in the last few minutes which put alot of things into perspective regarding the overall strategy and how we are slowly but safely trying to open up until enough people are vaccinated slowly but safely? Lol there is nothing coming out of the governments mouth about a reopening plan. We’re approaching our longest lockdown yet. Our first lockdown, there was a plan introduced, this time there is nothing only ‘we should have x amount vaccinated this month and x amount the month after. There is nothing coming out what will be opened and allowed. "

Maybe due to the fact when we open up we encourage the spread of the virus

So, so far, this 'flu', with 99% survivability rate, has killed over 2,720,000 people world wide...and yet Covidiots still make light of it. This figure, although shocking, is NOT the main cause for concern, it's the number requiring hospitalisation that is and with the spread of new variants will be the issue, for a long time. People were asked to stay at home and watch telly....but an entitled generation, the must have generation, can't do that...the priviliged activists come to the fore....control, oppression, dominance, sheep and other terminology is used to encourage disobedience, by those least at risk but also those of greatest risk to others. If we followed the rules, less people would die, that's a simple fact...the virus spreads among people, reduce contact, reduce the spread, reduce hospitalisations, reduce deaths. IT IS that simple......but we can't do that... our freedoms are more important, remove our freedoms and our mental health through isolation becomes an issue, in a society that is connected 24/7 by technology, where is the isolation in that, compared to being hooked up to a ventilator in ICU? No, we have to fight for our freedom, by gathering and spreading the virus, challenging the Police(who we'll still run crying to when we're victims of crime) and posting 'heroic' antivac, antiestablishment videos on social media. The behaviour of some, is honestly shameful...I have seen how Covid can ravage an otherwise healthy human being and I have experience with a family member with mental health issues, yet who still understands the necessity for the regulations/restrictions. I am not a virologist, epidemiologist, or immunologist....but I doubt any of you are either...I am a responsible member of society....responsible not just for myself...but for everyone, as should we all be. Amen

"...I am a responsible member of society....responsible not just for myself...but for everyone, as should we all be. Amen "

I can't add any more to your full post above. Well said

"So, so far, this 'flu', with 99% survivability rate, has killed over 2,720,000 people world wide...and yet Covidiots still make light of it. This figure, although shocking, is NOT the main cause for concern, it's the number requiring hospitalisation that is and with the spread of new variants will be the issue, for a long time. People were asked to stay at home and watch telly....but an entitled generation, the must have generation, can't do that...the priviliged activists come to the fore....control, oppression, dominance, sheep and other terminology is used to encourage disobedience, by those least at risk but also those of greatest risk to others. If we followed the rules, less people would die, that's a simple fact...the virus spreads among people, reduce contact, reduce the spread, reduce hospitalisations, reduce deaths. IT IS that simple......but we can't do that... our freedoms are more important, remove our freedoms and our mental health through isolation becomes an issue, in a society that is connected 24/7 by technology, where is the isolation in that, compared to being hooked up to a ventilator in ICU? No, we have to fight for our freedom, by gathering and spreading the virus, challenging the Police(who we'll still run crying to when we're victims of crime) and posting 'heroic' antivac, antiestablishment videos on social media. The behaviour of some, is honestly shameful...I have seen how Covid can ravage an otherwise healthy human being and I have experience with a family member with mental health issues, yet who still understands the necessity for the regulations/restrictions. I am not a virologist, epidemiologist, or immunologist....but I doubt any of you are either...I am a responsible member of society....responsible not just for myself...but for everyone, as should we all be. Amen "

Preach.

Tipperary

the way it will work is the more vulnerable are vaccinated the more we open. the shit show is the vulnerable should be bert near vaxed at this stage. where is that fucking vaccine/s.

It won't work like that one little bit. The UK France and Germanys biggest worries are now new variants worse than what we already have caused by people continuing to mix and pay no respect to restrictions. We have seen people here complaining about the lack of government action in flights meat plants etc etc and continue to meet strangers every weekend. It's just the way of the world, people will do as the wish and anyone telling them what to do suddenly becomes a "so called expert".

If we were to take the attitudes of people here as a snapshot of how society at large will move ahead then you can forget about April or June. You have a summer of restrictions ahead of you and there isn't a tap you can do about it. "

so once the vulnerable are vaccinated, covid could still be there amongst the younger healthier people who in the large majority will be fine and won't overcrowd hospitals but you want large restrictions to still remain?

Tipperary

"Some really interesting and thoughtful posts in the last few minutes which put alot of things into perspective regarding the overall strategy and how we are slowly but safely trying to open up until enough people are vaccinated slowly but safely? Lol there is nothing coming out of the governments mouth about a reopening plan. We’re approaching our longest lockdown yet. Our first lockdown, there was a plan introduced, this time there is nothing only ‘we should have x amount vaccinated this month and x amount the month after. There is nothing coming out what will be opened and allowed.

Maybe due to the fact when we open up we encourage the spread of the virus "

we opened up last year, there was no almighty spread first time around, were also coming into a different season. are you saying you want to stay in lockdown? there will come a time where you have to open and if it spreads it spreads. you just hope enough vulnerable or all vulnerable are vaccinated and hospitals are not overcrowded. People keep talking about been afraid of post xmas. Xmas was a special time of year, the most festive period. tonnes of people coming home for Xmas, loads having parties every day for a week or longer. its not normal life for a better word. its a one off time of the year.

By *oxyvixen99Woman  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

If we were to take the attitudes of people here as a snapshot of how society at large will move ahead then you can forget about April or June. You have a summer of restrictions ahead of you and there isn't a tap you can do about it. so once the vulnerable are vaccinated, covid could still be there amongst the younger healthier people who in the large majority will be fine and won't overcrowd hospitals but you want large restrictions to still remain? "

You actually aren't reading and understanding what people are saying. Hospitals will be overcrowded regardless of age because you don't just get covid and leave after two weeks. Some patients are still inpatients months after contracting it. That has a knock on effect on other services. So when you are baying for everything to open despite the high numbers still around in Ireland, don't then moan that your friend /sister/neighbour can't get a procedure carried out because there are no beds. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT PART? People have been working themselves to the point of exhaustion caring for patients, sacrificing seeing their own children or partners for fear of passing it on whilst they've been in such close contact with it but sure open everything up to fuck because willy says so. Disgraceful is what you are

Tipperary

"So, so far, this 'flu', with 99% survivability rate, has killed over 2,720,000 people world wide...and yet Covidiots still make light of it. This figure, although shocking, is NOT the main cause for concern, it's the number requiring hospitalisation that is and with the spread of new variants will be the issue, for a long time. People were asked to stay at home and watch telly....but an entitled generation, the must have generation, can't do that...the priviliged activists come to the fore....control, oppression, dominance, sheep and other terminology is used to encourage disobedience, by those least at risk but also those of greatest risk to others. If we followed the rules, less people would die, that's a simple fact...the virus spreads among people, reduce contact, reduce the spread, reduce hospitalisations, reduce deaths. IT IS that simple......but we can't do that... our freedoms are more important, remove our freedoms and our mental health through isolation becomes an issue, in a society that is connected 24/7 by technology, where is the isolation in that, compared to being hooked up to a ventilator in ICU? No, we have to fight for our freedom, by gathering and spreading the virus, challenging the Police(who we'll still run crying to when we're victims of crime) and posting 'heroic' antivac, antiestablishment videos on social media. The behaviour of some, is honestly shameful...I have seen how Covid can ravage an otherwise healthy human being and I have experience with a family member with mental health issues, yet who still understands the necessity for the regulations/restrictions. I am not a virologist, epidemiologist, or immunologist....but I doubt any of you are either...I am a responsible member of society....responsible not just for myself...but for everyone, as should we all be. Amen "
you have hit the nail on the head. "stay at home and watch telly" isn't that simple over a year on. its driving most people spare. humans are born to interact, they are social creatures by nature. you meet people, mix with people, chat with people, perform activities with people, etc etc all great for ones sanity and mental health. I have a relative in Dublin, older woman, lives on her own. she has gone to the doctor with mental health state and depression on 3 occasions over the last few weeks. this is what's happening to people. they (government and NPHET) have to find a different dealer other than full lockdowns. you're destroying peoples lives in more ways than one. even the WHO said full lockdowns should only be used in severity proportions.

Tipperary

If we were to take the attitudes of people here as a snapshot of how society at large will move ahead then you can forget about April or June. You have a summer of restrictions ahead of you and there isn't a tap you can do about it. so once the vulnerable are vaccinated, covid could still be there amongst the younger healthier people who in the large majority will be fine and won't overcrowd hospitals but you want large restrictions to still remain?

You actually aren't reading and understanding what people are saying. Hospitals will be overcrowded regardless of age because you don't just get covid and leave after two weeks. Some patients are still inpatients months after contracting it. That has a knock on effect on other services. So when you are baying for everything to open despite the high numbers still around in Ireland, don't then moan that your friend /sister/neighbour can't get a procedure carried out because there are no beds. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT PART? People have been working themselves to the point of exhaustion caring for patients, sacrificing seeing their own children or partners for fear of passing it on whilst they've been in such close contact with it but sure open everything up to fuck because willy says so. Disgraceful is what you are"

I didn't say open everything up. I said the country should be open to an extent. your on about hospital numbers. you do realise as we vaccinate the vulnerable fully (providing the vaccine works),) less and less end up in hospital? that's the idea of the vaccine.

"I didn't say open everything up. I said the country should be open to an extent. your on about hospital numbers. you do realise as we vaccinate the vulnerable fully (providing the vaccine works),) less and less end up in hospital? that's the idea of the vaccine. "

You do understand how long someone may take to come off a ventilation machine in ICU? It could be weeks or months of intensive care to get them to a point where they can fully breathe unaided.

We don't have unlimited ICU beds and staff to treat the amount of people who will require it if we open up too quickly with a highly transmissible pandemic ongoing

Surely somewhere deep down you understand this..

Tipperary

"I didn't say open everything up. I said the country should be open to an extent. your on about hospital numbers. you do realise as we vaccinate the vulnerable fully (providing the vaccine works),) less and less end up in hospital? that's the idea of the vaccine.

You do understand how long someone may take to come off a ventilation machine in ICU? It could be weeks or months of intensive care to get them to a point where they can fully breathe unaided.

We don't have unlimited ICU beds and staff to treat the amount of people who will require it if we open up too quickly with a highly transmissible pandemic ongoing

Surely somewhere deep down you understand this.."

as I pointed out in my previous posts. the government did f all over the previous year to improve the healthcare /ICU system. when do u want to start opening up parts of the country then? I strongly think certain aspects will be allowed after Easter as pressure will come on the governent.

"I didn't say open everything up. I said the country should be open to an extent. your on about hospital numbers. you do realise as we vaccinate the vulnerable fully (providing the vaccine works),) less and less end up in hospital? that's the idea of the vaccine.

Surely somewhere deep down you understand this..as I pointed out in my previous posts. the government did f all over the previous year to improve the healthcare /ICU system. when do u want to start opening up parts of the country then? I strongly think certain aspects will be allowed after Easter as pressure will come on the governent. "

The government requisitioned almost every private hospital in the country. They pumped hundreds of millions into new equipment (I know because I supply and service it). Countless million into funding equipment to manufacture PPE and buying ventilators, diagnostic equipment I could go in and on but I really don't think you take any of this in. ICU beds pre pandemic averaged 220 with no equipment down. Right now as far as I am aware they are equipped and staffed for 350 ish. More than enough to meet current needs.

Tipperary

Surely somewhere deep down you understand this..as I pointed out in my previous posts. the government did f all over the previous year to improve the healthcare /ICU system. when do u want to start opening up parts of the country then? I strongly think certain aspects will be allowed after Easter as pressure will come on the governent.

The government requisitioned almost every private hospital in the country. They pumped hundreds of millions into new equipment (I know because I supply and service it). Countless million into funding equipment to manufacture PPE and buying ventilators, diagnostic equipment I could go in and on but I really don't think you take any of this in. ICU beds pre pandemic averaged 220 with no equipment down. Right now as far as I am aware they are equipped and staffed for 350 ish. More than enough to meet current needs. "

and you still think a proportion of certain aspects in the country cant be opened?

on the hill NordWest of

"

And you still think a proportion of certain aspects in the country cant be opened? "

I need Ikea to open up click and collect again.

Surely somewhere deep down you understand this..as I pointed out in my previous posts. the government did f all over the previous year to improve the healthcare /ICU system. when do u want to start opening up parts of the country then? I strongly think certain aspects will be allowed after Easter as pressure will come on the governent.

The government requisitioned almost every private hospital in the country. They pumped hundreds of millions into new equipment (I know because I supply and service it). Countless million into funding equipment to manufacture PPE and buying ventilators, diagnostic equipment I could go in and on but I really don't think you take any of this in. ICU beds pre pandemic averaged 220 with no equipment down. Right now as far as I am aware they are equipped and staffed for 350 ish. More than enough to meet current needs. and you still think a proportion of certain aspects in the country cant be opened? "

Could you comment on why you decided to add false information to the debate before you go any further. Regarding no progress being made/nothing opening up and putting out false information concerning no funding or ICU capacity. I'm wondering if you are just making it up as you go along or deliberately giving false information. In any other online forum your comments would be removed.

Many here gave opposing views but make very good attempts to do so with facts and figures. You are continuing to make false statements and not addressing them when challenged

Tipperary

The government requisitioned almost every private hospital in the country. They pumped hundreds of millions into new equipment (I know because I supply and service it). Countless million into funding equipment to manufacture PPE and buying ventilators, diagnostic equipment I could go in and on but I really don't think you take any of this in. ICU beds pre pandemic averaged 220 with no equipment down. Right now as far as I am aware they are equipped and staffed for 350 ish. More than enough to meet current needs. and you still think a proportion of certain aspects in the country cant be opened?

Could you comment on why you decided to add false information to the debate before you go any further. Regarding no progress being made/nothing opening up and putting out false information concerning no funding or ICU capacity. I'm wondering if you are just making it up as you go along or deliberately giving false information. In any other online forum your comments would be removed.

Many here gave opposing views but make very good attempts to do so with facts and figures. You are continuing to make false statements and not addressing them when challenged"

sure I'm after asking numerous questions along the way that are not answered and your bothered by that. the government have made a pigs ear of this in many ways and you continue to praise them. 100 % we needed to lockdown post xmas. were now nearly 4 months on, and there is very little been given back. People like yourself preach "there is this and that strain around", so I ask the question do we never try reopen aspects and outlets in the country.? do you honestly think you're going to get 2 double digit covid figures because I don't think there is a hope so I ask the question when do you start reopening? do you continously live in the what if scenario?

The government requisitioned almost every private hospital in the country. They pumped hundreds of millions into new equipment (I know because I supply and service it). Countless million into funding equipment to manufacture PPE and buying ventilators, diagnostic equipment I could go in and on but I really don't think you take any of this in. ICU beds pre pandemic averaged 220 with no equipment down. Right now as far as I am aware they are equipped and staffed for 350 ish. More than enough to meet current needs. and you still think a proportion of certain aspects in the country cant be opened?

Many here gave opposing views but make very good attempts to do so with facts and figures. You are continuing to make false statements and not addressing them when challengedsure I'm after asking numerous questions along the way that are not answered and your bothered by that. the government have made a pigs ear of this in many ways and you continue to praise them. 100 % we needed to lockdown post xmas. were now nearly 4 months on, and there is very little been given back. People like yourself preach "there is this and that strain around", so I ask the question do we never try reopen aspects and outlets in the country.? do you honestly think you're going to get 2 double digit covid figures because I don't think there is a hope so I ask the question when do you start reopening? do you continously live in the what if scenario? "

I'm not a doctor or public health official so it wouldn't be right to speculate. Can I ask you again why you continue to post falsehoods and lies ?

Tipperary

Many here gave opposing views but make very good attempts to do so with facts and figures. You are continuing to make false statements and not addressing them when challengedsure I'm after asking numerous questions along the way that are not answered and your bothered by that. the government have made a pigs ear of this in many ways and you continue to praise them. 100 % we needed to lockdown post xmas. were now nearly 4 months on, and there is very little been given back. People like yourself preach "there is this and that strain around", so I ask the question do we never try reopen aspects and outlets in the country.? do you honestly think you're going to get 2 double digit covid figures because I don't think there is a hope so I ask the question when do you start reopening? do you continously live in the what if scenario?

I'm not a doctor or public health official so it wouldn't be right to speculate. Can I ask you again why you continue to post falsehoods and lies ? "

and the public health experts have got it spot on so far. the hospital situation in the country for many years is a disgrace and was just highlighted further because of covid. no matter how many ICU beds they had at Xmas it wouldn't have mattered but im talking the here and now, not 4 months ago. they have to find a balance, a fine balance between public health and peoples lives. there is none at the moment. I didn't know you worked in the health field but now I know why you want lockdown to continue. I hope they open certain low risk aspects in April and I think they will as they know people are at the end of their tether but the biggest area they have to fix and fast is the vaccine situation.

My girl, wants to party all the time,

Party all the time,

Party all the ti-ime.

"

And you still think a proportion of certain aspects in the country cant be opened?

I need Ikea to open up click and collect again. "

Me too

Somewhere in Co. Down

Its a controversial topic and it seems there is at least one person (you know who you are you little coward) that he is afraid to participate in adult discussion plus taking revenge for being rejected.

Man, grow up! You are almost 40!

And now most of you can understand strong and independent women like me why is the reason we prefer to meet same sex people. Simple- we women have balls! not only telling the truth but also we can handle it

Poor little boy who needs to grow up

Tipperary

"Its a controversial topic and it seems there is at least one person (you know who you are you little coward) that he is afraid to participate in adult discussion plus taking revenge for being rejected.

And now most of you can understand strong and independent women like me why is the reason we prefer to meet same sex people. Simple- we women have balls! not only telling the truth but also we can handle it

Poor little boy who needs to grow up "

I had to laugh at the status

Belfast

"Its a controversial topic and it seems there is at least one person (you know who you are you little coward) that he is afraid to participate in adult discussion plus taking revenge for being rejected.

I can't speak for anyone else but I've raised 3 strong independent women and I worked for one for more than 2 decades.

The thing they have in common is as well as knowing their own mind and being able to hold their own in any conversation they also show respect for those they engage with.

Some people seem confused and think a strong woman is one who shouts louder than anyone else. One who tells everyone else they are wrong and only her opinion is valid or one who mocks and belittles those around her while hiding behind her claim to being strong.

All that does is show her insecurities and her fear of being overlooked.

A strong independent woman doesn't need to do that because she knows she is at least an equal of everyone else in the room and can therefore speak to them as equals.

on the hill NordWest of

Oh dear! And your post isn't infantile at all....

Thank goodness the thread is soon full.

And not a single surprise on the thread.

Poor little boy who needs to grow up

Oh dear! And your post isn't infantile at all....

Thank goodness the thread is soon full. "

My thoughts exactly!^^ be glad to see this one close

Many here gave opposing views but make very good attempts to do so with facts and figures. You are continuing to make false statements and not addressing them when challengedsure I'm after asking numerous questions along the way that are not answered and your bothered by that. the government have made a pigs ear of this in many ways and you continue to praise them. 100 % we needed to lockdown post xmas. were now nearly 4 months on, and there is very little been given back. People like yourself preach "there is this and that strain around", so I ask the question do we never try reopen aspects and outlets in the country.? do you honestly think you're going to get 2 double digit covid figures because I don't think there is a hope so I ask the question when do you start reopening? do you continously live in the what if scenario?

I'm not a doctor or public health official so it wouldn't be right to speculate. Can I ask you again why you continue to post falsehoods and lies ? and the public health experts have got it spot on so far. the hospital situation in the country for many years is a disgrace and was just highlighted further because of covid. no matter how many ICU beds they had at Xmas it wouldn't have mattered but im talking the here and now, not 4 months ago. they have to find a balance, a fine balance between public health and peoples lives. there is none at the moment. I didn't know you worked in the health field but now I know why you want lockdown to continue. I hope they open certain low risk aspects in April and I think they will as they know people are at the end of their tether but the biggest area they have to fix and fast is the vaccine situation. "

Assumptions and false statements again. Why would I want lockdown to continue, my job isn't dependant on covid, it's been made far more difficult and a hell of a lot more of a risk to my health than previously. I have a pain in my hole with lockdown like everyone else and the ICU bed figures were from pre Xmas but you didn't fact check did you then you go into your usual rant about people being sick of it all.

on the hill NordWest of

The day will come we can party again!