FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Hikers

Hikers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ettaMan OP   Man  over a year ago

Kerry and Dublin

Any swingers here into hiking and are there ever any group hikes organised?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sounds fun ??

By *he rover returnedWoman  over a year ago

xxx

There was a hikers group on here. Don't know what happened though.

By *parkyt500Man  over a year ago

midlands

Yes.. about 2years back there was a hiking group.

And they met...

Maybe time to create a new group....

By *shornMan  over a year ago

s

I’d be interested

A friend asked me if I fancied spending my day off walking up a mountain in the pisses of rain.

I told him to take a hike.

"There was a hikers group on here. Don't know what happened though. "

Sounds ominous

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"There was a hikers group on here. Don't know what happened though.

Sounds ominous

"

Most fab hiking groups disappeared when a lot of people suddenly realised they actually had to turn up and go hiking.

They complained about having to travel the length of the country and said it wasn't feasible so why join in the first place?

Some joined and then said they couldn't drive so would need others to pick them up or the walks should all be arranged within their area.

Some joined thinking that "fab hiking" was like "fab straight" and they wouldn't need their boots.

I only like the culmination, would somebody carry me??

"I only like the culmination, would somebody carry me?? "

You can float up magical folk can float ! But if you get tired floating I'll carry you

"Any swingers here into hiking and are there ever any group hikes organised?"

Hikers here, Did the Windy Gap last week and Tomies on the agenda this week

"I only like the culmination, would somebody carry me??

You can float up magical folk can float ! But if you get tired floating I'll carry you "

I forgot my feet arent supposed to touch the ground anyway. Hiking is definitely out

You can float up magical folk can float ! But if you get tired floating I'll carry you

I forgot my feet arent supposed to touch the ground anyway. Hiking is definitely out "

Hilarious....Rub you could be the only person that would join a hiking group and ask for a piggy back up the mountain!!

Belfast

I forgot my feet arent supposed to touch the ground anyway. Hiking is definitely out Hilarious....Rub you could be the only person that would join a hiking group and ask for a piggy back up the mountain!! "

She's actually not the only one to ask that.

One of the reasons I left the last fab hiking group were the precious little darlings in their skinny jeans, crop tops and trainers who cried when they slipped and got dirty and then asked for someone to help them down again. (100% true)

The women were nearly as bad.

I forgot my feet arent supposed to touch the ground anyway. Hiking is definitely out Hilarious....Rub you could be the only person that would join a hiking group and ask for a piggy back up the mountain!! "

I could pmsl!! anything to be sociable!!

ah feck it ill stay at the bottom making tea and give ye all nice foot rubs on the return

I forgot my feet arent supposed to touch the ground anyway. Hiking is definitely out Hilarious....Rub you could be the only person that would join a hiking group and ask for a piggy back up the mountain!!

ah feck it ill stay at the bottom making tea and give ye all nice foot rubs on the return "

What about cake ??? Will there be cake ??

@Fast Lad in my group there is always a coffee and a cake when we reach out the destination

And lots of fun!

(Haha no sex related but I think you may enjoy it anyway!)

I forgot my feet arent supposed to touch the ground anyway. Hiking is definitely out Hilarious....Rub you could be the only person that would join a hiking group and ask for a piggy back up the mountain!!

ah feck it ill stay at the bottom making tea and give ye all nice foot rubs on the return

What about cake ??? Will there be cake ?? "

Im kinda regretting my choice of pics now, the expectation for cake is very high lol!!

Revert to point of post, sorry for the diversion OP

One of the reasons I left the last fab hiking group were the precious little darlings in their skinny jeans, crop tops and trainers who cried when they slipped and got dirty and then asked for someone to help them down again. (100% true)

The women were nearly as bad. "

.. That's hilarious... I can just see some fashionista in their Gucci finest heading up mountain in the lashing rain, slipping on a log and ending arse up into stream

"@Fast Lad in my group there is always a coffee and a cake when we reach out the destination

And lots of fun!

(Haha no sex related but I think you may enjoy it anyway!) "

Anya let’s go ....runs to get boots

ah feck it ill stay at the bottom making tea and give ye all nice foot rubs on the return "

.. Awww... all the lads would be falling over themselves to get back for foot rub from rubadub!!

The women were nearly as bad. .. That's hilarious... I can just see some fashionista in their Gucci finest heading up mountain in the lashing rain, slipping on a log and ending arse up into stream "

Ah jaysis ha ha ha!! At least I made my expectations clear from the outset and I actually do, as it happens, have hiking boots.

The women were nearly as bad. .. That's hilarious... I can just see some fashionista in their Gucci finest heading up mountain in the lashing rain, slipping on a log and ending arse up into stream

Ah jaysis ha ha ha!! At least I made my expectations clear from the outset and I actually do, as it happens, have hiking boots. "

For climbing the stairs

Belfast

The women were nearly as bad. .. That's hilarious... I can just see some fashionista in their Gucci finest heading up mountain in the lashing rain, slipping on a log and ending arse up into stream "

One of the many reasons I left Search and rescue because of crap like that.

Why did you climb this mountain in the middle of a storm wearing flip flops and no waterproofs?

We were hoping to see the sunrise

"@Fast Lad in my group there is always a coffee and a cake when we reach out the destination

And lots of fun!

(Haha no sex related but I think you may enjoy it anyway!)

Anya let’s go ....runs to get boots "

Slower! There is always enough cakes and coffee for everyone!

The women were nearly as bad. .. That's hilarious... I can just see some fashionista in their Gucci finest heading up mountain in the lashing rain, slipping on a log and ending arse up into stream

Why did you climb this mountain in the middle of a storm wearing flip flops and no waterproofs?

We were hoping to see the sunrise "

Ha ha ha! Noooo

Belfast

Ha ha ha! Noooo

"

I've helped someone off the summit of Scafell Pike in thick fog who had spent 4 hours getting to the top wearing Nike trainers, no rucksack, food or water at all and a single layer of clothing. They had driven from London that morning which took about 5 or 6 hours and were returning that night so it wasn't a spur of the moment decision.

I'm a qualified masseuse just saying- free rubs for cake

I'm a qualified masseuse just saying- free rubs for cake "

Excellent. Sounds like more fun will be had at the trailhead if you ask me!!

By *ateniteCouple  over a year ago

Youghal

Ha ha ha! Noooo

I've helped someone off the summit of Scafell Pike in thick fog who had spent 4 hours getting to the top wearing Nike trainers, no rucksack, food or water at all and a single layer of clothing. They had driven from London that morning which took about 5 or 6 hours and were returning that night so it wasn't a spur of the moment decision. "

We had to stop a group of American tourists heading up Scafell in flip-flops and bin bags wrapped around them once.

People underestimate the mountains in Ireland and UK. My best mate was killed on top of Slieve Donard and he was an experienced expedition leader trips to the Himalayas and Alps under his belt.

Sorry for putting a downer on it but there's nothing worse than seeing a rabble on the mountains in jeans and not a map or compass between them.

Belfast

Ha ha ha! Noooo

I've helped someone off the summit of Scafell Pike in thick fog who had spent 4 hours getting to the top wearing Nike trainers, no rucksack, food or water at all and a single layer of clothing. They had driven from London that morning which took about 5 or 6 hours and were returning that night so it wasn't a spur of the moment decision.

We had to stop a group of American tourists heading up Scafell in flip-flops and bin bags wrapped around them once.

People underestimate the mountains in Ireland and UK. My best mate was killed on top of Slieve Donard and he was an experienced expedition leader trips to the Himalayas and Alps under his belt.

Sorry for putting a downer on it but there's nothing worse than seeing a rabble on the mountains in jeans and not a map or compass between them."

Couldn't agree more but unfortunately social media and the insta idiots have a lot to answer for.

Anyone who reminds them of safety concerns is branded a spoilsport and troublemaker.

Of course everyone has to start somewhere and not everyone has the knowledge but the simple solution is not to go unless there is someone with you who actually knows what they are doing.

It's very easy to say on here, let's start a hiking group but how do you manage the logistics? Some will have to travel much further than others, there will be different levels of fitness and experience and yes there will always be those who are expecting a ride at the top.

Anyone organising it should be willing to say no to those that aren't properly prepared and get each individual to sign a waiver accepting personal responsibilityfor their own health and safety.

By *unlinguyMan  over a year ago

South Dublin

I walk up Maulin and croone woods on a regular babas. I also camp out some nights on the weekend there. Yes i know its breaking my 5K distance, but i am going somewhere that there is a high chance i wont bump into anyone rather that breaking the 5K to go somewhere thats crowded. Its a great release, an easy walk and ya feel great after it.

Kerry and Dublin

"Any swingers here into hiking and are there ever any group hikes organised?

Hikers here, Did the Windy Gap last week and Tomies on the agenda this week "

Nice. I haven't done Tomies yet. My new hiking boots arrived yesterday, so I'll have to break them in soon.

A friend and I had been doing the Kerry way over the past year or so. We've got one leg left to do. It was the first leg of the Kerry Way that got me into hiking

Kerry and Dublin

"Yes.. about 2years back there was a hiking group.

And they met...

Maybe time to create a new group.... "

I was thinking it could be a relaxed way to meet people from the community.

By *adame BWoman  over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

The women were nearly as bad. "

Definitely something I’d be into

Kerry and Dublin

"Sounds fun ??"

could be a fun way to meet a few from the community and check out a few different hiking locations.

Kerry and Dublin

"There was a hikers group on here. Don't know what happened though.

Sounds ominous

Most fab hiking groups disappeared when a lot of people suddenly realised they actually had to turn up and go hiking.

They complained about having to travel the length of the country and said it wasn't feasible so why join in the first place?

Some joined and then said they couldn't drive so would need others to pick them up or the walks should all be arranged within their area.

Some joined thinking that "fab hiking" was like "fab straight" and they wouldn't need their boots.

"

I'd imagine it would have to be a fairly casual thing - apt for the site we're on - where people just post about where they're going to hike and people can join then, if they wish.

Kerry and Dublin

"I only like the culmination, would somebody carry me?? "

Is that the hiking equivalent of a pillow princess?

Kerry and Dublin

"

Revert to point of post, sorry for the diversion OP

"

Diversions are encouraged

By *inerMan  over a year ago

killarney

Parking in Tomies is tight Be carefull as its patrolled rangers and guards

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

Instead of hiking how about a walk in a scenic location.. Less dangerous.. Less strenuous.. Better all around.. Not sure if I'd want to hike up the side of a mountain with strangers..

"Instead of hiking how about a walk in a scenic location.. Less dangerous.. Less strenuous.. Better all around.. Not sure if I'd want to hike up the side of a mountain with strangers.. "

Ah now you are talking, no hills!, i like this one

By *parky84Man  over a year ago

DUBLIN

Definitely something I’m gonna do this summer! I’d love to just be able to go hiking again first though

» Add a new message to this topic