FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Tour of Ireland

Tour of Ireland

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi there folks. We have been considering our options for a holiday this year and hopefully Ireland will be accessible to us. We are thinking of touring around the coast and staying for around 10 nights. I know it is a broad question but where would your top recommendations be? We may even be able to find time for some naughty fun!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wild Atlantic Way....

Restrictions permitting.

By *ohng69Man  over a year ago

athenry

Check out the wild Atlantic way. It runs the full length of the west coast with plenty of stop offs along the way. Galway City is not to be missed for a good night out

By *he rover returnedWoman  over a year ago

xxx

Don't forget about the beautiful East Coast. So much to see and do. Hopefully you'll be able to make this trip

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man  over a year ago

Glenavy

North Antrim coast

Very picturesque

Depends what you're into really but since you mentioned the coast in assuming you like the idea of the beach ? In which case you'll find good quality beaches on all coastal counties. Also depends on if you're sailing into Wexford or Dublin or Belfast of course.

10 days is a decent amount of time to be fair and gives you good scope to see a lot of just settle for a few places. It's hard to pass off Galway City for a good night out and work your way down to clare to see the cliffs and Doolin the Aran Islands. The scenery in kerry is second to none diving over the mountains avoiding certain dead and sheep but the views at the top are spectacular in a clear day and if nothing else you'll get the wind up your skirt.

On to Cork then clonakilty is lovely and you could pop out to inchadonny Lodge and Spa as you walk hand in hand along deserted beaches...kinsale is beautiful picturesque town for coffee and walks. Dungarvan, Waterford Tramore seems like the place to be all of a sudden with surf shops coffee shops right in the beach.

Welford if you can get past the accent has plenty to offer and probably unmatched for quality sandy beaches.

Wicklow more beaches and mountain walks to get the blood pumping just walk out for yogi bear getting it on with little red riding hood ( all good clean fun of course you might even want to join in.

Obviously I've left out loads and it's only when you go off the beaten tracks to you come across the real gems.

I'm jealous now.... can I come along. I think I've just mapped out my own summer holiday.

Either way I've no doubt you'll get sun snow rain and wind but you'll still have a fantastic trip

Enjoy it

Thanks so much for the tips, makes it all sound very exciting. Beach is a must at some point as we enjoy wild water swimming, albeit we are relative novices.

We would like to start in the north and go from there.

Hopefully the restrictions will be lifted before long, pretty certain Ireland will be on the ‘green’ list.

Just need to keep E away from those Irish accents !!

By *adame BWoman  over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

"Depends what you're into really but since you mentioned the coast in assuming you like the idea of the beach ? In which case you'll find good quality beaches on all coastal counties. Also depends on if you're sailing into Wexford or Dublin or Belfast of course.

10 days is a decent amount of time to be fair and gives you good scope to see a lot of just settle for a few places. It's hard to pass off Galway City for a good night out and work your way down to clare to see the cliffs and Doolin the Aran Islands. The scenery in kerry is second to none diving over the mountains avoiding certain dead and sheep but the views at the top are spectacular in a clear day and if nothing else you'll get the wind up your skirt.

On to Cork then clonakilty is lovely and you could pop out to inchadonny Lodge and Spa as you walk hand in hand along deserted beaches...kinsale is beautiful picturesque town for coffee and walks. Dungarvan, Waterford Tramore seems like the place to be all of a sudden with surf shops coffee shops right in the beach.

Welford if you can get past the accent has plenty to offer and probably unmatched for quality sandy beaches.

Wicklow more beaches and mountain walks to get the blood pumping just walk out for yogi bear getting it on with little red riding hood ( all good clean fun of course you might even want to join in.

Obviously I've left out loads and it's only when you go off the beaten tracks to you come across the real gems.

I'm jealous now.... can I come along. I think I've just mapped out my own summer holiday.

Either way I've no doubt you'll get sun snow rain and wind but you'll still have a fantastic trip

Enjoy it "

Wow impressive! Now I want to go on a tour of Ireland.

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

"Wild Atlantic Way....

Restrictions permitting. "

This absolutely beaut

By *onedbodMan  over a year ago

co Galway

If weather is good at the time your on hols then dogs bay in Roundstone Connemara in co Galway highly recommend visiting! Its class out there on a nice day!

I love coastal route. Runs from belfast up north coast. Gets in glenarrif some awesome spots there, north coast Carrick a rede, giants causeway, dark hedges and all that

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

The south of the country: Cork and Kerry and the west:Galway and Aran Islands.

For subsequent visits: Belfast to Dublin via Ards Peninsula, Mourne Mountains, Cooley Peninsula and Boyne Valley.

Be warned; Ireland can be very expensive, especially Dublin.

By *artimCouple  over a year ago

"Thanks so much for the tips, makes it all sound very exciting. Beach is a must at some point as we enjoy wild water swimming, albeit we are relative novices.

We would like to start in the north and go from there.

Hopefully the restrictions will be lifted before long, pretty certain Ireland will be on the ‘green’ list.

Just need to keep E away from those Irish accents !!"

Donegal is a must!! Great accents too

By *ughjorgasmMan  over a year ago

Mayo

Wild Atlantic way is a must see, Belmullet and achill has some great beaches too!

"Wild Atlantic way is a must see, Belmullet and achill has some great beaches too! "

great userame Hugh lol

By *allying555Man  over a year ago

Galway

Hi, Ye could try. heading to West Cork on then Killarney , ferry to Clare, onto Galway

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

"Wild Atlantic way is a must see, Belmullet and achill has some great beaches too!

great userame Hugh lol "

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

"Wild Atlantic way is a must see, Belmullet and achill has some great beaches too! "

Beach in Achill is like a tropical one, if you get the weather

Kerry, anywhere in Kerry and on down in to west cork

By *eta74Woman  over a year ago

Dublin

Enniscrone County Sligo xx

It's an amazing little town right on the beach.Great surfing and golf course xx

Sea baths too, I go every year

Holiday homes are fab x

It has to be Kerry. Liads of great beaches to visit. Great drives to take. Then you have the fantastic food and theres always great craic in the pubs if open.

By *haggyherhimCouple  over a year ago

Longford

If yer doing the Wild Atlantic Way it’s full of buzzing places and also lots of beautiful quiet places along the way.. Bondoran cud be alive by then and if the music scene is back then it’ll be swinging and I mean “swinging”..

Hope ye get to make the trip but remember no one comes to the west coast for the weather .. cos it’s likely not going to be good... Enjoy yer summer whatever ye get up to.. x

Some wonderful ideas and great suggestions! Basically we will definitely be taking the trip, as long as Covid allows! We don’t whether to drive down from the North and to Galway, alternatively get over to Galway and go south or lastly , base ourselves midway and tour out.. we do need to find some ‘fun’ whilst away though ??

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

Might do a few nights on waw in my van this summer if weather gets good

Mayo

[Removed by poster at 07/04/21 22:41:22]

Mayo

"Enniscrone County Sligo xx

It's an amazing little town right on the beach.Great surfing and golf course xx

Sea baths too, I go every year

Holiday homes are fab x "

Great spot as well

By *ot.Irish.Wife.CplCouple  over a year ago

Cork , Munster ,Maspalomas , Citi ,

Cork is a must and we'll put you up for a night or 2 xx

What a kind offer, we’ll look very closely at Cork! X

By *etergemmaCouple  over a year ago

South Dublin Area

[Removed by poster at 08/04/21 18:58:42]

"Some wonderful ideas and great suggestions! Basically we will definitely be taking the trip, as long as Covid allows! We don’t whether to drive down from the North and to Galway, alternatively get over to Galway and go south or lastly , base ourselves midway and tour out.. we do need to find some ‘fun’ whilst away though ??"

Be glad to help you out re fun

By *etergemmaCouple  over a year ago

South Dublin Area

West Cork cant be topped for the out doors

By *ickheadcuntCouple  over a year ago

Cork Ireland

Doing lots of mileage for work I probably can pick spots in lots of parts of Ireland. Being more of a country person I prefer to stay out of the city's.

But in saying that 10 days is not much to work with unless your driving every day.

If your coming in from the North the coast road from Carrickfergus to Portrush is stunning.

Kerry anywhere around caherdaniel is unreal, look out for o Carrolls cove.

Wexford coast and Waterford coast again are very beautiful look out for kilmore Quay and lismore.

And of course West Cork the coast road from Glengarriff down to skibbereen and on the Kilsale is brilliant.

The big thing I find is stay off the main roads and you will see hidden jems

So we’ve read all the useful tips and booked out flight to Cork, 11 days of touring to come in August, as long as we are allowed.

We can’t wait! Thanks again for all the tips!

"So we’ve read all the useful tips and booked out flight to Cork, 11 days of touring to come in August, as long as we are allowed.

We can’t wait! Thanks again for all the tips!"

I’m a little late but go down to West Cork Ann Kerry

Beautiful towns and villages on the coast, try whale watching, eat the freshest fish you can imagine, if you’re a hiker, walk the Sheep Head and have the best Seafood chowder in Arundells, Graham Norton may be at the bar.

Ahillies, a postcard village on the end of the world

Visit Kenmare and enjoy different vibe and then there in Killarney and the National Park and to finish climb Carrauntouhill, Ireland’s highest mountain

Whatever you decide, you will enjoy it

For me has to be NI coastline, was hoping to visit last year as worked all way up Wild Atlantic Way up to Donegal over the summers before....So hopefully this Summer finally get there

Lucky feicers. Would love 11 days traveling Ireland

By *orney hunCouple  over a year ago

galway

If ye are around the west we could meet up if only for a social

By *iestaWoman  over a year ago

cork

If ye go to Galway , check out the places where The Field was filmed .. amazing

Take 2 weeks at least

Start kerry finish in donegal

West coast you wont be sorry

Thank you, we have 11 days booked, might have to speed past a few sites but really looking forward to it

» Add a new message to this topic