FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Tommy Tiernan

Tommy Tiernan

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Incredible interviewer . Fantastic show. Love his curiosity. Love when he is humble about what he doesn't know or understand. Not a huge fan of his comedy but have a new respect the more I watch his chat show.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've actually avoided the show because I'm not a fan of his comedy.. might give it a look

"I've actually avoided the show because I'm not a fan of his comedy.. might give it a look

"

Same here

By *rish HorseMan  over a year ago

Newry Armagh

Def have to agree I wasn’t a fan of his comedy but he is a great interviewer and comes across very genuine etc. Love watching the show and always has random,interesting people too.

By *hiteKniteMan  over a year ago

Nearby

There’s a lot more to Tommy Tiernan than his comedy. Seems very intellectual and genuinely interested in the people he interviews. Well worth a watch

"I've actually avoided the show because I'm not a fan of his comedy.. might give it a look

"

I have never been interested in his stand up. But he was always hilarious and interesting when he was interviewed. Now that he is the interviewer he is perfect. He is just interested in people, is a great listener and has the intelligent and sharp sense of humour to carry it unscripted. He makes many other so called seasoned hosts look extremely fake. I have listened to two episodes of his Private Investigations podcast and he cracked me up in both.

By *ergalMan  over a year ago

Wandering between the city and East Cork

Agree, was not a fan of his comedian persona, but his show is excellent to be fair. Great at listening and questioning people

By *razy-CplCouple  over a year ago

Cork and surrounding areas

His podcast with hector and Loretta blueit is brilliant , he's all about listening to people and the stories they have to tell.

Mr crazy

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

A friend was on last week

Tommy genuinely didnt know who he was and it was a brilliant interview

I'd easily say its the best chat show on the tv

Graham Norton is more entertainment and Ryan Turbidy is shite

By *phrodite72Woman  over a year ago

dublin/galway

"His podcast with hector and Loretta blueit is brilliant , he's all about listening to people and the stories they have to tell.

Mr crazy "

Whats the podcast called??

The way they do th interview is great, not knowing anything about the guest and having to find out. He's genuinely open minded and has a genuine interest in people. It never feels forced , scripted or pushed! It's the only time I ever tune into RTE

By *obroyman17Man  over a year ago

Ohhh, didn’t realise his relationship broke up. Must be difficult for them...

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

Yeah brilliant show haven't missed a single episode the neurologist interview was very interesting

"Yeah brilliant show haven't missed a single episode the neurologist interview was very interesting "

Really interesting guy with a lot of unexoexted layers!

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

Best show on the TV for years!

Real interviews, actual conversations with people. Reminds me of Parkinson, where you actually felt like you were getting to know the person.

Graham Norton used to kind of get there but since they cram 6 people at least in, instead of the previous 3-4, he doesn't have time for proper conversation.

Graham needs to watch Tommy and rejig his show

What I love about Tommy is his incredibly varied interests, so he often finds something he knows about the person, from his own life years ago.

Speaking to a poet, he remembered being in a play she wrote 28yrs ago!

Father Peter McVerry, Tommy has read his book 10yrs ago.

His interview with Stephen Rea was probably the most personal I've seen in years.

He asks questions nobody else would, out of the blue.

His interview with the HIV positive guy last night was one of the most informative, no, the most informative ever!

Unlike a lot of ye, I love his comedy. He's the Irish Billy Connolly. He talks about stuff people are afraid to discuss and brings it out in the open as a result.

That's progress and that's brilliant

I am delighted his show is doing so well and hope it continues

By *razy-CplCouple  over a year ago

Cork and surrounding areas

"His podcast with hector and Loretta blueit is brilliant , he's all about listening to people and the stories they have to tell.

Mr crazy

Whats the podcast called??"

It's called Tommy, hector & laurita.

Mr crazy

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

He's trouncing that utter snob Ryan Tubridy in the ratings

"Best show on the TV for years!

Real interviews, actual conversations with people. Reminds me of Parkinson, where you actually felt like you were getting to know the person.

Graham Norton used to kind of get there but since they cram 6 people at least in, instead of the previous 3-4, he doesn't have time for proper conversation.

What I love about Tommy is his incredibly varied interests, so he often finds something he knows about the person, from his own life years ago.

His interview with Stephen Rea was probably the most personal I've seen in years.

His interview with the HIV positive guy last night was one of the most informative, no, the most informative ever!

Unlike a lot of ye, I love his comedy. He's the Irish Billy Connolly. He talks about stuff people are afraid to discuss and brings it out in the open as a result.

I am delighted his show is doing so well and hope it continues "

I think he is a warmer personality than Parkinson even though for sure he was wonderful interviewer in his own right. I agree with that both have a way of unwrapping the personality that they meet .. but to be fair to Tommy Tiernan he's doing it off the cuff with no research or planned questions . It's remarkable . I also think I like it better without the audience. There's no hint of saying things just to get a reaction from the studio audience. It's like the perfect mix of a podcast/tv show and random pub chat .

Long form conversation is so much more interesting than the clickbait convos other chat shows have. "Hi how are ya. Here's ke book...me father was once a crook" ads roll ; next guest .

Favourite guests for me so far James Leonard the chap who wejt through addiction/prison service and is now smashing life with his own podacast "the 2 norries and has a PhD now too as far as I'm aware .

Baz Ashmawy was a fantastic guest I thought. You could see the genuine chemistry between the two men. I also thought there was elements to Baz that seemed like Tommy was in awe of . I love that he is so genuine in his conversations.

Dr. Sinead Kane the visually impaired athlete who despite her physical limitations still has the heart of a warrior in hitting all her goals. When she suggested an ultra marathon with Tommy he didnt know how to react and that's the real beauty of the show for me is natural conversation.

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man  over a year ago

Glenavy

Yeah I’m a big fan of the Tommy Tiernan show

I think he’s very authentic and the conversations are quite intimate. I think the lack of audience had improved the show a bit as the guests seem to have a genuine conversation and let their guard down in an empty studio.

One of my favourite guests was Vogue Williams, she came on and Tommy hadn’t a notion who she was. She was pushing to boost her celebrity status at the time and it hurt her ego a bit lol

By *iver80Man  over a year ago

south side ,

I had the pleasure of meeting tommy in a lift down in wexford were he was doing a gig ,he just came in on his fold up bike in through the loby ,stunned

By *phrodite72Woman  over a year ago

dublin/galway

Mr crazy

Whats the podcast called??

It's called Tommy, hector & laurita.

Mr crazy "

By *erlincorkMan  over a year ago

Cork/London

"

To be fair to him...

Because the interviews are not staged or prepared... it makes for a much more honest interview. He quite often interviews people he knows nothing about!

Tommy and the show.

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

"Best show on the TV for years!

I am delighted his show is doing so well and hope it continues "

I went to his stand up show at the marque very funny his story telling is hard to match

Agree totally and his podcast on Thursdays with hector and Laurita is top class! The stories, innuendos and genuine interest he has in equal measures to what hector an laurita have to say. Seems a properly sound chap

Yeah, love the interviews with Tommy. He is very open minded and for an unprepared interview he improvised very insightful and deep questions for the guests all the time. All the guests from different backgrounds and upbringing make of it one of the most interesting and educational programs on irish television.

Just watched the interview witb Robbie Lawlor the lad living as HIV+ . What an incredible guy . So passionate in passing on his knowledge . Phenomenal interview

Just a few years ago Tommy was banned from appearing on the late late show... Now he's trouncing them in the ratings. Karmas a beauty

"Just a few years ago Tommy was banned from appearing on the late late show... Now he's trouncing them in the ratings. Karmas a beauty "

What was the reason for that do you know ?

That sounds bizarre !!

It was for a sketch he did on there once, which got a lot of complaints to RTE.

Weird RTE would ban him from the late late and still give him a show

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

I don't remember him getting banned...lots of complaints about his religion sketch but the more complaints the more publicly

More shunned than banned, never appeared on it after that, despite being one of the highest profile comics in the country at that time

By *nquisitive ladyWoman  over a year ago

meath

He was banned from The late late show for a comedy sketch poking fun at the crucifixion. Apparently RTE had one of the highest numbers of complaints about it.

"He was banned from The late late show for a comedy sketch poking fun at the crucifixion. Apparently RTE had one of the highest numbers of complaints about it."

Every day is a school day ! Never heard of that !

» Add a new message to this topic