By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

I think it won't get off the ground,The premier league will stop it

The new champions league format will keep the clubs happy

Players won't want to play for these teams if they can't play for their country

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *scouple07Couple  over a year ago

louth, Ireland

Pure greed from the club owners without any consideration of the clubs fans feelings

UEFA have done the right thing and come out with a very strong message to the clubs

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Out and out greed by the club owners. Dont think it will ever take off. Kerry Packer tried to do same thing with cricket years ago.

The PL, UEFA and the rest only care about the money THEY will lose, not the fans. Pundits, past players (dunno about current, they've said nowt) and fans are too right the ones that are going mad as it will more than likely destroy the clubs and football they love, along with the History of the clubs.

I can't see it going ahead because even if the players could still make the World Cup how many of these top players will join a league where they will win something once in a Blue Moon.

They all know the chances of winning a World Cup so it would be similar with this SL when having it with all top teams and it being the only competition they're in.

Then even if they were OK with that, they'd be crucified from all critics with just being greedy for the money and feck all people will follow them and they'll be hated....although money grubbers probably wouldn't care about being hated?

The only good thing about it, it would make the leagues more enjoyable to watch cause you don't know who might win the league every season but I highly doubt it will go ahead cause I can see that if it starts officially happening, a HELL of a lot of players putting in transfer requests and also a hell of a lot of fans going to support other teams and then they'll cancel it. At least as a Liverpool fan there's Everton I can move to in the same city and they seem to be on the rise and all

Again if this all goes ahead and players leave what will happen is that these big clubs will just have shit players in the teams which no one will watch and the SL will go under and then these Big Clubs will follow soon after

Word is Mourinho was sacked because he refused to train the players this morning over Spurs stance on joining this new super league.

If it's true I'd have more respect for him. Super league sounds like pure wank and was discusted when saw liverpool officially say they in. I really hope it wont take off! Lost a lot of respect for our owners overnight

Although I'm sure they wont care about my thoughts as they are scrooge mcducking into their swimming pool full of money

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Leeds making a public statement on the pitch right now with the players shirts during the warm up.

By *usietranslutTV/TS  over a year ago

carlow

I totally disagree with it but with the money involved I’d say it’s a done deal - with some tweaking and financial bribery to eventually sort it out. Future mergers likely too - Manchester will only be big enough for one club etc

By *oserMan  over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

"Leeds making a public statement on the pitch right now with the players shirts during the warm up. "

Spill RB, what's the deal? I'm not watching it

By *oserMan  over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

"I totally disagree with it but with the money involved I’d say it’s a done deal - with some tweaking and financial bribery to eventually sort it out. Future mergers likely too - Manchester will only be big enough for one club etc"

Not a hope of that merger, but it could push other "sleeping giants" to do so.

Belfast

"Leeds making a public statement on the pitch right now with the players shirts during the warm up.

Spill RB, what's the deal? I'm not watching it "

Massive banner in the stands and players wearing shirts saying EARN IT ON THE PITCH Football is for the fans

Greed rules all. I wonder does Fergie regret his row with JP now. That lead to the glazers gettting into football and has us where we are today

somewhere

Just listened to off the ball while driving into town

The consensus seems to be it wont happen

There's no money up front by the bank as sponsorship

It's a mortgage against future earnings

They seemed to think Barcelona will pull out soon

Did I not read that JP Morgan an American bank and Ed Woodward’s former employers and financing it ? Think mass protests are the only chance of stopping it. Even at that money talks and I wouldn’t be surprised if a tv with DAZN , Amazon or even Netflix is already sorted.

I'm not much of a fan of Footy but I'm disgusted tbh.

Utter greed. To those saying it won't go ahead because of the fans, is just being optimistic. They don't give two fucks about them. It will ruin the sport.

There won't be an underdog story like Leicester again either. Everything that can be done must to done to stop it going forward. Germany had the right idea!

By *ore of thatMan  over a year ago

skerries

Will only take one of them to back out . And i this if any does it will be man city .. they dont need that money . . And are sitting pretty . Hope they do pull out

Only way this will stop is if ALL players come together at those 12 clubs and all hand in transfer requests and refuse to play until theit club pulls out.

All the owners won't care as much about managers resigning over it although they'd be hard pushed to find managers to replace them but it would be a lot easier than trying to find a whole team of top class players and if all those players do that, there would be not a SINGLE player in the world that would go near those clubs cause they'd be castrated by their peers, not just pundits/fans/journalists and that would be a LOT worse. Players are the ones with the power to stop it and that's the only way it will be.

JP Morgan are on board with this SL and they wouldn't be part of it if it wasn't legally sound......

By *ohng69Man  over a year ago

athenry

"Only way this will stop is if ALL players come together at those 12 clubs and all hand in transfer requests and refuse to play until theit club pulls out.

All the owners won't care as much about managers resigning over it although they'd be hard pushed to find managers to replace them but it would be a lot easier than trying to find a whole team of top class players and if all those players do that, there would be not a SINGLE player in the world that would go near those clubs cause they'd be castrated by their peers, not just pundits/fans/journalists and that would be a LOT worse. Players are the ones with the power to stop it and that's the only way it will be.

JP Morgan are on board with this SL and they wouldn't be part of it if it wasn't legally sound...... "

who's doing the castration?

By *ouple 0073Couple  over a year ago

donegal

"Although I'm sure they wont care about my thoughts as they are scrooge mcducking into their swimming pool full of money"
scrooge mcducking ... Love it

They are really going to ruin the super pure game it is at the moment

somewhere

Its collapsing

Sky reports Chelsea have pulled out

"Its collapsing

Sky reports Chelsea have pulled out "

It was a kite flying operation

Belfast

How could it ever get off the ground without the likes of Bayern Munich anyway? They stood their ground and said no.

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

"Its collapsing

Sky reports Chelsea have pulled out "

Man City to...

Common sense has prevailed. How these so called super clubs thought that their players were going to give up their international careers is beyond me.

"Its collapsing

Sky reports Chelsea have pulled out

It was a kite flying operation "

A disruptor to get more money for the clubs...

The rot in soccer started a long time ago, think of Blatter, Delaney et al

Hopefully all 6 clubs are now punished for this . Ban from European competition the next time they qualify would be suffice

By *ebel_LionMan  over a year ago

cork

Woodworm is gone from United .......and the Juve president has seemingly resigned

By *ore of thatMan  over a year ago

skerries

That wont effect Liverpool then

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

Athlethico and Barcelona are withdrawing too.. Whole thing was doomed from the beginning

By *aywhatnowMan  over a year ago

North County

Harry Kane has claimed top scorer of the super league and spurs as winners in order to finally win a medal....

somewhere

It was organised like a lads night out on the piss....before they'd asked their wives was it ok to go

"Hopefully all 6 clubs are now punished for this . Ban from European competition the next time they qualify would be suffice "

So the fans get punished.

» Add a new message to this topic