Embarrassing first dates

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heGentleman OP   Man  over a year ago

dublin

So we have all had them... share your most embarrassing first date story?? lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *issLipsandhipsWoman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere

Not a first date embarrassing story but a third date embarrassing story. I went out for drinks with a really nice guy but I wasn't properly over an ex of mine. Anyways, went out with the guy again, he was sweet and I really wanted to like him & get over the ex. Gave him a little kiss at the end of the night but felt nothing. I then proceeded (tipsy) to text the ex and say I was on a date, but that I'd thought about him all night and that the kiss with the guy wasn't good etc.....

But I sent it the guy I'd just been out with! I felt absolutely awful. I just apologised and went to bed with a very red face.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I've never been on a proper traditional date so have no embarrassing stories to tell .

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I've never been on a proper traditional date so have no embarrassing stories to tell ."

Same

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"I've never been on a proper traditional date so have no embarrassing stories to tell .

Same "

Ah sure it might happen yet

So I’m guessing you didn’t get back with your ex lol

I met a guy on pof 13 years ago and he came down for the weekend and stayed in a hotel. On the Friday night we went for dinner pub and club had a great night. Next day I brought him to a lovely beach. I was sitting on the rocks by the water and he was besides me.. I’m looking out to sea and I hear sniffling… I turned towards him and it was him sobbing like a child.. I was feeling kinda awkward but asked what was wrong.. he looked at me and said I reminded him soo much of his ex.. in my head I said f**k my life. The drive back was the most awkward to date. Total silence with the odd whinge from him

Had a guy tell me that he'd never had a girlfriend before, and then he started naming our potential kids. There was no second date.

Had a fella comment how absolutely i resembled his dead mother. he kept on about how i even spoke like her, weirded me the hrll out when he tried to kiss me... With tongue

By *3nsesMan  over a year ago

Dublin

First ever date from the online world and I'd introduced myself to the wrong person. Felt like a right tit.

By *lassy lady 216Woman  over a year ago

Craigavon

I nearly did that today lol

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

"Had a guy tell me that he'd never had a girlfriend before, and then he started naming our potential kids. There was no second date."

classic

First time I met my ex fiancé, I had gone home from a night club with her younger sis.. first date was sitting at their table all night absolutely enraptured with her, while her sister who had brought me home went to bed very annoyed

dublin

Awh god no! Lol yeah definitely going to bed with a very red face there haha

dublin

Definitely a sign to get out of there! Lol

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

A guy whom I casually engaged in a conversation sought my opinion about a technical issue; I agreed to go back to his home to look at the documents.

When he stood in front of me undoing his zipper, I knew it was time to exit rapidly, as he chased after me down the stairs.

He had mistakenly assumed we were on our first date; my naivete about his repeated references to 'snowballing' had landed me in it.

There was no second 'date'

By *elfastblondMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Had been chatting to a girl for a while, exchanged a few pics, arranged to meet her in a bar, she got there before me and text me to say she was just by the door. When I went in I saw her sitting there and went over and sat beside her and said hello, I knew from the expression of horror on her face that it wasn't her, the right girl was sitting the other side of the door!

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

In my younger day met a lad while out clubbing. Took my number and we texted all week before smartphones . Following weekend we arranged to meet again but forgot what he looked like. So was with my friends and ending up dancing away with this lad and chatting away. I asked him his name he looked at me rather pissed saying I met you last week And been texting all week and you don’t remember me

"In my younger day met a lad while out clubbing. Took my number and we texted all week before smartphones . Following weekend we arranged to meet again but forgot what he looked like. So was with my friends and ending up dancing away with this lad and chatting away. I asked him his name he looked at me rather pissed saying I met you last week And been texting all week and you don’t remember me "

Brilliant

Did he forgive ya?

"Not a first date embarrassing story but a third date embarrassing story. I went out for drinks with a really nice guy but I wasn't properly over an ex of mine. Anyways, went out with the guy again, he was sweet and I really wanted to like him & get over the ex. Gave him a little kiss at the end of the night but felt nothing. I then proceeded (tipsy) to text the ex and say I was on a date, but that I'd thought about him all night and that the kiss with the guy wasn't good etc.....

But I sent it the guy I'd just been out with! I felt absolutely awful. I just apologised and went to bed with a very red face."

A red arse is what you should have gone to bed with

By *allyWally19Woman  over a year ago

The Road to Nowhere

I fell on my ass on a first date. Slipped on a bowling alley floor and up ended myself

"I fell on my ass on a first date. Slipped on a bowling alley floor and up ended myself "

Oh no…. and not like you would be clumsy or anything

Hope he helped you up like a gentleman ..

The Road to Nowhere

"I fell on my ass on a first date. Slipped on a bowling alley floor and up ended myself

Hope he helped you up like a gentleman .."

Lolol no definitely not like me.

He did after he stopped laughing

"I fell on my ass on a first date. Slipped on a bowling alley floor and up ended myself

He did after he stopped laughing "

‘‘Twas a good icebreaker so.. did you proceed to whoop him at bowling afterwards??

By *omtom1969Man  over a year ago

ashbourne

Went out with a girl for drinks , went back to her place she fell asleep nd her mother tried to make out with me

The Road to Nowhere

‘‘Twas a good icebreaker so.. did you proceed to whoop him at bowling afterwards??"

No totally the other way round

By *dventureSeanMan  over a year ago

Kerry

On a date from POF.

It was going well texting back and forth on the site. We decided to meet in a pub. We got our drinks.

Went to a table in the corner and sat.

She then went into her handbag. Pulled out 3 to 4 A4 sheets of paper.

Full of questions, basically giving me a full interview about my life.

Sitting there confused and answering the questions.

After about 10 questions in and no slip of her drink.

She turns to me and said thanks very much for your time. Got up and walked away.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"On a date from POF.

It was going well texting back and forth on the site. We decided to meet in a pub. We got our drinks.

She turns to me and said thanks very much for your time. Got up and walked away."

What question did you fail on

Wow...that woman was organised

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"On a date from POF.

She turns to me and said thanks very much for your time. Got up and walked away."

Lol.. I guess you have to kinda respect that she knew exactly what she's looking for. Not the most romantic of approaches though

By *elfastDMan  over a year ago

belfast

"In my younger day met a lad while out clubbing. Took my number and we texted all week before smartphones . Following weekend we arranged to meet again but forgot what he looked like. So was with my friends and ending up dancing away with this lad and chatting away. I asked him his name he looked at me rather pissed saying I met you last week And been texting all week and you don’t remember me "

You haven’t changed a bit Letme

I’m guessing your glasses were on your head when you didn’t recognise him?

Kerry

"On a date from POF.

She turns to me and said thanks very much for your time. Got up and walked away.

Lol.. I guess you have to kinda respect that she knew exactly what she's looking for. Not the most romantic of approaches though "

Completely agree with that.

But still laugh at it.

By *nquisitive ladyWoman  over a year ago

meath

"On a date from POF.

Lol.. I guess you have to kinda respect that she knew exactly what she's looking for. Not the most romantic of approaches though

But still laugh at it."

Sounds more like you stumbled upon a table quiz

Kerry

"On a date from POF.

But still laugh at it.

Sounds more like you stumbled upon a table quiz "

Ah now the odd questions make a bit of sense .

Pity I didn't get the prize.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

"In my younger day met a lad while out clubbing. Took my number and we texted all week before smartphones . Following weekend we arranged to meet again but forgot what he looked like. So was with my friends and ending up dancing away with this lad and chatting away. I asked him his name he looked at me rather pissed saying I met you last week And been texting all week and you don’t remember me

You haven’t changed a bit Letme

I’m guessing your glasses were on your head when you didn’t recognise him? "

bahaaaa well I didn’t wear glasses then maybe I should of

‘‘Twas a good icebreaker so.. did you proceed to whoop him at bowling afterwards??

No totally the other way round "

I couldn’t do bowling as a first date, reckon asking for the sides to be put up would be pretty off putting

By *ed just RedWoman  over a year ago

Dublin City

This is long sorry.

Met this really hot older than me guy in the passport queue and he asked to meet for a drink. I was late-20s, he was early 50s. I was seeing someone but wanted to end it as he was fully full on. Did the deed via text (my bad) when on the way to meet hot guy for a drink a couple of days later. Half way through the date, he took a call and then reported to me that his sons bitch of a girlfriend had dumped him VIA TEXT. Then spent 10mins going on about how he hadn’t met her but apparently she was right up her own ass. Then “she has a name similar to yours” and the look on my face told it all.

Never been so mortified in all my life.

Interestingly tho, I ended up shaggjng the dad and we are still good mates to this day. The son never found out. His Dad was a much better ride tho

By *ubhornowMan  over a year ago

Dublin 08

Was working with this girl , we were attracted to each other ,,, went out for night away from the work crowd .... we had a few drinks like 3 or 4 ,,, she wanted to go back to my place puked all the way there and all night ....... not the best first date ..... she said she was nervous about her boyfriend (news to me in the morning)

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"This is long sorry.

Met this really hot older than me guy in the passport queue and he asked to meet for a drink. I was late-20s, he was early 50s. I was seeing someone but wanted to end it as he was fully full on. Did the deed via text (my bad) when on the way to meet hot guy for a drink a couple of days later. Half way through the date, he took a call and then reported to me that his sons bitch of a girlfriend had dumped him VIA TEXT. Then spent 10mins going on about how he hadn’t met her but apparently she was right up her own ass. Then “she has a name similar to yours” and the look on my face told it all.

Interestingly tho, I ended up shaggjng the dad and we are still good mates to this day. The son never found out. His Dad was a much better ride tho "

You should write a book.... ...brilliant

meath

"This is long sorry.

Interestingly tho, I ended up shaggjng the dad and we are still good mates to this day. The son never found out. His Dad was a much better ride tho "

Wow Red he must be almost 80 now . That's hilarious

meath

"On a date from POF.

But still laugh at it.

Sounds more like you stumbled upon a table quiz

Ah now the odd questions make a bit of sense .

Pity I didn't get the prize. "

The first date with Ms Magical was on Christmas eve 2018. Met for coffee in Belfast and all went well. Until we parted ways that is. I crossed the road and clipped the kerb with the front of my wheelchair and kissed the pavement, splitting my eyebrow and knocking myself silly. So there I was sitting on a wet pavement, bleeding and not 100% compus mentus and I heard someone say "are you with him?" and a reply of "errmmm, yeah I guess so".

Yep, she'd seen the whole thing

At least I've had 2 and a half years of sympathy shags out of it

By *phrodite72Woman  over a year ago

dublin/galway

"The first date with Ms Magical was on Christmas eve 2018. Met for coffee in Belfast and all went well. Until we parted ways that is. I crossed the road and clipped the kerb with the front of my wheelchair and kissed the pavement, splitting my eyebrow and knocking myself silly. So there I was sitting on a wet pavement, bleeding and not 100% compus mentus and I heard someone say "are you with him?" and a reply of "errmmm, yeah I guess so".

At least I've had 2 and a half years of sympathy shags out of it "

Awwwwwww

"The first date with Ms Magical was on Christmas eve 2018. Met for coffee in Belfast and all went well. Until we parted ways that is. I crossed the road and clipped the kerb with the front of my wheelchair and kissed the pavement, splitting my eyebrow and knocking myself silly. So there I was sitting on a wet pavement, bleeding and not 100% compus mentus and I heard someone say "are you with him?" and a reply of "errmmm, yeah I guess so".

By *ed just RedWoman  over a year ago

Dublin City

Hahah!! Brilliant!!

By (user no longer on site) 46 weeks ago

Soo not exactly first date story.. but first sleepover ..

My ex lived with her mother and sister .. house full of women.. and first time I ever stayed over , I was nervous because SonOfTheEmperor loves his own bed and had previously walked home 30km because of said love for said bed ..

Anyways I decided I would swallow 4 night nurse tablets to help me doze off, I’m a big lad and 2 is for pussies, I’m guessing was 23year old men’s logic..

So all was well and I was throwing up zzzz’s till about 2am … when I awoke to hear my stomach growling and gurgling like a Honda 50 and immediately thought “oh no, fuck no no no..” ..

After 10 minutes of trying to psychically will diarrhoea away, I realised it was no use and began to creep to the toilet.. my beloved stirred and I made shh noises and said just going to the loo .. I opened doors that have never known the touch of wd40 and creeked like a motherfluffer.. made it in and began to try and silently shite my intestines out..

Alas , I suddenly heard her mother knocking on the door to ask if I was alright.. soon joined by my beloved to also ask if I was alright and what was going on…

So basically had to explain to all that I had violent diarrhoea, and to not use their toilet for at least 8 hours..

Which fucking sucked …

By *leasurer77Man 46 weeks ago

Athlone

"Went out with a girl for drinks , went back to her place she fell asleep nd her mother tried to make out with me "

Sounds like a very positive outcome to me!

"This is long sorry.

Interestingly tho, I ended up shaggjng the dad and we are still good mates to this day. The son never found out. His Dad was a much better ride tho

Wow Red he must be almost 80 now . That's hilarious "

What a great story!!

By *rish_GuyMan 46 weeks ago

Foxford

Gladly, I've no first date bad experience at all. As didn't have that many dates at all.

I wonder is that a good thing or a bad thing.

By *ofistimacatedMan 46 weeks ago

cavan town

On holidays in Oz with the lads we had a bet to see who would be first to get the ride. Winner getting $100 and bragging rights.

On the first night I got chatting to a lady at the bar of the pub we were in.

My charm (or just pure luck) was on point that night and we went back to the apartment we were all sharing.

Not being prepared I had to take a quick visit to the vending machine in the jacks. Not really paying much attention - money in, pull the tray, condoms in pocket. Even an idiot couldnt fuck that up. Right?.

So fast forward to the deed. Clothes off, getting all hot and sweaty.

"Do you have condoms"

"Why, yes of course I do)

Only to open the box of condoms, rip the foil wrapper to find I had actually bought a box of pheromone wipes.

I went out to the lads to get one, and not one fucker would oblige. One eventually gave in as long as I have him my winnings

By *rish_GuyMan 46 weeks ago

Foxford

"On holidays in Oz with the lads we had a bet to see who would be first to get the ride. Winner getting $100 and bragging rights.

On the first night I got chatting to a lady at the bar of the pub we were in.

My charm (or just pure luck) was on point that night and we went back to the apartment we were all sharing.

Not being prepared I had to take a quick visit to the vending machine in the jacks. Not really paying much attention - money in, pull the tray, condoms in pocket. Even an idiot couldnt fuck that up. Right?.

So fast forward to the deed. Clothes off, getting all hot and sweaty.

"Do you have condoms"

"Why, yes of course I do)

Only to open the box of condoms, rip the foil wrapper to find I had actually bought a box of pheromone wipes.

I went out to the lads to get one, and not one fucker would oblige. One eventually gave in as long as I have him my winnings "

That was the easiest money he ever made

At least had you the bragging rights?

By *onnrodMan 46 weeks ago

moira

I met a woman for a coffee social in Belfast one Christmas eve. Went really well, even with a bit of a kiss as we left. I crossed the road (in my wheelchair) and instead of popping a wheelie and bumping up onto the opposite pavement, I ploughed the front wheels into the kerb and tipped out of the chair, promptly head butting the deck. Hard!

I dazed myself pretty badly and tore my face up, but worse was the usual clamour to help me up. In the middle of it I heard someone say "is this man with you?"

Yep, she'd saw the whole thing!

By *AsexWatchCouple 46 weeks ago

Dublin

Reading all this nonsense makes me think we’ve chosen a wrong country to settle, the main thing is to understand why everything happened do way it happened, but you are so lazy that i think you will never get to the point that everything that happens to us in this life is attracted by us for a reason

By *AsexWatchCouple 46 weeks ago

Dublin

Seek psychiatric help

"Seek psychiatric help "

Seek English, Grammar and syntax help…

By *onnrodMan 46 weeks ago

moira

"Reading all this nonsense makes me think we’ve chosen a wrong country to settle, the main thing is to understand why everything happened do way it happened, but you are so lazy that i think you will never get to the point that everything that happens to us in this life is attracted by us for a reason "

You chose the wrong country to settle in did you?

Thankfully planes carry passengers in AND out of here so you've got options....

"Reading all this nonsense makes me think we’ve chosen a wrong country to settle, the main thing is to understand why everything happened do way it happened, but you are so lazy that i think you will never get to the point that everything that happens to us in this life is attracted by us for a reason

You chose the wrong country to settle in did you?

Thankfully planes carry passengers in AND out of here so you've got options.... "

Could always just toss em in a dinghy and give it a good hard push Con

By *ofistimacatedMan 46 weeks ago

cavan town

"Seek psychiatric help "

A group of like minded people sharing funny stories, making others smile at their own expense. Showing that no one is perfect. Pretty normal, sound people if you ask me. Psychiatric help??? I think I speak for everyone here when I say you are on your own with that opinion. Psychiatric help!!

By *og-ManMan 46 weeks ago

somewhere

"Seek psychiatric help "

Is that to the poster above you

Dates ??? Some people love them ...others not so much ..they can be brilliant and beautiful or they can be like an interview ... personally l don't really like them as they're full of nervousness to me...there's nothing as bad to know after 10 seconds of meeting that there won't be a 2nd one..and that goes for both sides ..not my type Jumps into it straight away..the eyes tell everything.

By *thloneros38Man 46 weeks ago

athlone/roscommon

I met up with someone i night for abit of a meal and drinks afterwards we were mutual friend beforehand. we had the meal then moved onto the pub then after headed to a nightclub all going good until i got distracted outside the nightclub the woman i was with headed in and i was to meet her inside so i go to the door to pay to get in until i realise i had gave her my wallet with my money and cards . I had to wait 2 and half hours outside the club until she came out and wanted to know where i ended up all i can say the taxi drive was a long quiet drive home.

By *llthewaysMan 46 weeks ago

Somewhere

Worst I had was a blind date set up by mutual friends, "sure you'll get along great, so many interests in common."

Yeah we had a lot of things in common because we used to date, she was my ex

» Add a new message to this topic