Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ed just RedWoman  over a year ago

Dublin City

Some are. I’m not sure why tho.

By *harisajidanWoman  over a year ago

london

"Just curious to know if women are turned off by Bi guys "

Clearly many women are on Fab. If the men openly state they are I suppose. Many women have probably already sexed a closeted bisexual man anyway though.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This one isn't but I'd have to like him in the first instance, bi or not

By *3nsesMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Some women don't like it, some do and some don't care. Best to specifically ask the women you're interested in for their opinion on it.

I do wonder why so many guys who claim to be straight love sucking cock but don't want to be open about it on their profile. Is it their own fears and biases or do they do it because they feel women won't be attracted to bisexual guys. I'll go with A as being the most likely one anyway.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

In the last year I have been curious

But was reluctant to put it on my profile incase it turned women off

Dublin

"In the last year I have been curious

But was reluctant to put it on my profile incase it turned women off "

You shouldn't let yourself be so easily influenced by the weaker sex.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

But was reluctant to put it on my profile incase it turned women off "

You're never going to please everyone so don't change your profile or lie to suit one person

Thats what a wise woman told me on here once and it made perfect sense

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Some are... its because they feel bi men are less manly than straight men, or perhaps they are worried about catching something.

By *harisajidanWoman  over a year ago

london

"Some women don't like it, some do and some don't care. Best to specifically ask the women you're interested in for their opinion on it.

I do wonder why so many guys who claim to be straight love sucking cock but don't want to be open about it on their profile. Is it their own fears and biases or do they do it because they feel women won't be attracted to bisexual guys. I'll go with A as being the most likely one anyway.

"

Yep, men create prisons of their own making

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

"Some women don't like it, some do and some don't care. Best to specifically ask the women you're interested in for their opinion on it.

"

A lot of guys don’t put it on their profile due to the rampant bi phobia (primarily aimed at bi men and not bi women) on fab.

Bi men are my fav

"

You shouldn't let yourself be so easily influenced by the weaker sex. "

By *hatCoupleNextDoorCouple  over a year ago

nearby

A lot of guys don’t put it on their profile due to the rampant bi phobia (primarily aimed at bi men and not bi women) on fab.

Bi men are my fav "

Think you're right about the bi-phobia, it's the fear of being labelled as something by merely being curious about an experience, I wouldn't have a problem with it myself! Something pretty sexy about it

It's actually pretty amazing to be honest

By *ecentguy321Man  over a year ago

nearby

I didnt realise this was a thing. If i was to meet a woman, it wouldnt natter a toss if she was bi or straight. Im meeting the woman, thats the only thing thats important

Dublin

[Removed by poster at 13/06/21 19:36:23]

Dublin

"

"

Did I say weaker? How silly. I obviously meant to say fairer....

By *ara198Woman  over a year ago

maynooth

But was reluctant to put it on my profile incase it turned women off

You shouldn't let yourself be so easily influenced by the weaker sex. "

Ffs

By *lameBoyMan  over a year ago

Enfield & Dublin

"

Jaysus lad! Stop digging the hole! You’re deep enough already!!!

Did I say weaker? How silly. I obviously meant to say fairer...."

By * peas in a podCouple  over a year ago

Youghal

I'm certainly not. If anything I would have a preference for a bi guy for a 3 sum but a lot on here seem to have an awful opinion of bi guys for whatever reasons.

Mr gets judged for being bi as if he's diseased or going to attack the males. Ffs

I get judged because I refuse to play with woman in couples and the amount of times some husband or wife has tried to persuade me to try it or I don't know what I'm missing blah blah blah and I get abuse for not wanting to.

It's double standards. It's acceptable to be female and bi, but mainly not ok to be male and bi, especially open bi.

Bi men are my fav "

Thanks for the support as an openly Bi guy

no issues here, if we click we click.

By *aradiselost747Couple  over a year ago

dundonald

Bi men are hot as hell. Gareth was as straight has they come until with a little persuading I asked him to attend a bi night in a club. He did and let a guy share his cock with me. He said it made him feel more masculine rather than less. He won’t kiss guys (nor would I want to see that) but has tried other things since. We call him hetexible as it’s more a sexual desire than an attraction. A we find as a cpl most single guys we meet with “straight” on their profile all of a sudden are curious about bi play. So we believe like women most men are bi or at least bi curious sexually

Sarah x

By *etergemmaCouple  over a year ago

South Dublin Area

"I'm certainly not. If anything I would have a preference for a bi guy for a 3 sum but a lot on here seem to have an awful opinion of bi guys for whatever reasons.

Mr gets judged for being bi as if he's diseased or going to attack the males. Ffs

I get judged because I refuse to play with woman in couples and the amount of times some husband or wife has tried to persuade me to try it or I don't know what I'm missing blah blah blah and I get abuse for not wanting to.

It's double standards. It's acceptable to be female and bi, but mainly not ok to be male and bi, especially open bi. "

Its not double standards though. Ever give blood? Theres a section on same sex with men etc. its statistical far more likely that bi or gay men will have certain stds so theres a valid reason for people not wanting to meet bi guys.

By *lassy lady 216Woman  over a year ago

Craigavon

I'm looking for genuine bi guys big fantasy of mine

South Dublin Area

Also let me add the sexiest, coolest, masculine, most handsome beautiful dude on here is bi.

Truth

Youghal

"I'm certainly not. If anything I would have a preference for a bi guy for a 3 sum but a lot on here seem to have an awful opinion of bi guys for whatever reasons.

It's double standards. It's acceptable to be female and bi, but mainly not ok to be male and bi, especially open bi.

Its not double standards though. Ever give blood? Theres a section on same sex with men etc. its statistical far more likely that bi or gay men will have certain stds so theres a valid reason for people not wanting to meet bi guys.

"

I have and we have seen that.

It's assumed that all gay and bi men have unprotected sex with multiple people and therefore must have something.

Now, I'm sure there are plenty that do, I'm not saying there isn't some who do that but there's many a straight couple, straight single girls and guys who do the same.

The amount of bareback profiles and status updates on here proves they do but if that's what they choose then I'm not going to judge. It would never be for me and I won't meet people who it and of course I understand people won't meet bi guys, personal preference, but it does seem like they are all tarred with the same brush and assumptions are made of them.

I and we don't have unprotected sex with anyone except each other. We are tested regularly. I don't even perform oral without a condom as I'm paranoid over catching something. Then we have people messaging us abuse because Mr is bi and therefore we must both be riddled with something.

Galway

"

The section on male male sex is being removed this week in the UK and it’s removal should follow here too. IMO the std statistics are skewed as gay and bi men tend to be a lot better about getting std tests than your average straight person.

There’s a clear double standard on fab in relation to bi men v bi women, let’s not even pretend to think that there isn’t. Some people seem to think that bi men can’t control themselves around a straight man…sorry to break it to ye lads but you’re not that irresistible

The section on male male sex is being removed this week in the UK and it’s removal should follow here too. IMO the std statistics are skewed as gay and bi men tend to be a lot better about getting std tests than your average straight person.

There’s a clear double standard on fab in relation to bi men v bi women, let’s not even pretend to think that there isn’t. Some people seem to think that bi men can’t control themselves around a straight man…sorry to break it to ye lads but you’re not that irresistible "

There’s a clear double standard on fab in relation to bi men v bi women, let’s not even pretend to think that there isn’t. Some people seem to think that bi men can’t control themselves around a straight man…sorry to break it to ye lads but you’re not that irresistible "

By *ifeandhubby400Couple  over a year ago

Arse hole of nowhere ,Scotland

We are looking for bi guys ,but its the ones who have straight on profile and message but I say openly bi only "I don't want to put women off " nah not for us keeping options open is your choice but they tend not to be bi enough for us so no bi on profile instant delete .our choice .

"Also let me add the sexiest, coolest, masculine, most handsome beautiful dude on here is bi.

Truth "

Thanks for stating this so clearly

And btw if he ever is looking for another masculine bi …..

South Dublin Area

"Also let me add the sexiest, coolest, masculine, most handsome beautiful dude on here is bi.

Truth

And btw if he ever is looking for another masculine bi ….. "

wait? Was i not talking about you

South Dublin Area

It's assumed that all gay and bi men have unprotected sex with multiple people and therefore must have something.

Now, I'm sure there are plenty that do, I'm not saying there isn't some who do that but there's many a straight couple, straight single girls and guys who do the same.

The amount of bareback profiles and status updates on here proves they do but if that's what they choose then I'm not going to judge. It would never be for me and I won't meet people who it and of course I understand people won't meet bi guys, personal preference, but it does seem like they are all tarred with the same brush and assumptions are made of them.

I and we don't have unprotected sex with anyone except each other. We are tested regularly. I don't even perform oral without a condom as I'm paranoid over catching something. Then we have people messaging us abuse because Mr is bi and therefore we must both be riddled with something. "

It could very well be the case but it's your an opinion, not actual facts or stats.

Also, lets not forget. Transmission from

Anal sex is far more likely than viginal penetration.

Youghal

I and we don't have unprotected sex with anyone except each other. We are tested regularly. I don't even perform oral without a condom as I'm paranoid over catching something. Then we have people messaging us abuse because Mr is bi and therefore we must both be riddled with something.

It could very well be the case but it's your an opinion, not actual facts or stats.

Anal sex is far more likely than viginal penetration."

Yes,it is my opinion. I've never actually seen anything that shows the statistics on why bi men are prejudiced against more than anyone else but I have seen statistics that say gay and bi men are twice as likely to look after their sexual health more and be tested more often than heterosexual couples, even those bi and gay men who practice safe sex all the time. There's many a heterosexual that never has been tested which I would find a lot more concerning. I'd take my chances with the responsible bi any day over the barebacking hetro but that's just me

Youghal

Yes,it is my opinion. I've never actually seen anything that shows the statistics on why bi men are prejudiced against more than anyone else but I have seen statistics that say gay and bi men are twice as likely to look after their sexual health more and be tested more often than heterosexual couples, even those bi and gay men who practice safe sex all the time. There's many a heterosexual that never has been tested which I would find a lot more concerning. I'd take my chances with the responsible bi any day over the barebacking hetro but that's just me "

We live in a world now where's there's so many genders, sexualities, identifications, etc etc and that is acceptable to today's society and people are becoming more accepting. Yet, being a bi guy is still something to be ashamed of for most.

somewhere

Just my opinion for what its worth

Everyone has preferences so the fact Im bi means people wont meet me...thats fine,they also wont meet me for 100's of other reasons ( I'm not selling myself well here am I )

I do see on profile's won't meet bi or bi curious men...their choice and that saves me the bother of wasting their time

I don't believe that most men or women on here are bi but do believe that there's a higher percentage than the population not on the site because of the nature of the site

I wrote a post last year about how I discovered I was bi and how I changed my profile

I got nothing but positive replies to it so I dont really mind if others don't like me because of that...their loss

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"

Anal sex is far more likely than viginal penetration."

Ah yes, I forgot that only bi men have anal sex

Youghal

"

Ah yes, I forgot that only bi men have anal sex "

And you couldn't possibly catch a STI from oral sex on a woman

By *urvyass2021Woman  over a year ago

Meath

Quite the opposite.... I'm very curious

By *nquisitive ladyWoman  over a year ago

meath

It wouldn't be a preference of mine. But as you can see lots of ladies like it so you'll definitely find lots. Have fun.

South Dublin Area

Yes,it is my opinion. I've never actually seen anything that shows the statistics on why bi men are prejudiced against more than anyone else but I have seen statistics that say gay and bi men are twice as likely to look after their sexual health more and be tested more often than heterosexual couples, even those bi and gay men who practice safe sex all the time. There's many a heterosexual that never has been tested which I would find a lot more concerning. I'd take my chances with the responsible bi any day over the barebacking hetro but that's just me "

The stats and facts are easily available on hiv ireland. Almost two thirds of new cases are from male to male sex.

South Dublin Area

"

Ah yes, I forgot that only bi men have anal sex

And you couldn't possibly catch a STI from oral sex on a woman "

actually 4 cases came from oral, doesnt say if it was male or female in the report

By *ogladyWoman  over a year ago

The bog

I don't mind lads being bi it means more fun as far as I'm concerned..

"I don't mind lads being bi it means more fun as far as I'm concerned.."

Thanks Boglady we’ll be looking forward to a visit to the bi guys in Galway City some afternoon

[Removed by poster at 14/06/21 13:55:17]

Truth

And btw if he ever is looking for another masculine bi ….. wait? Was i not talking about you "

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

I wouldn't call it a preference for a girl/couple to refuse to fuck a man purely because he also sometimes has sex with men. Like a bi man is indistinguishable from a straight man unless he is actually fucking a guy in front of you, which presumably he is not.

I've always found the dichotomy of how bisexuality is perceived in the swing scene absolutely fascinating.

The definitions themselves could lead to an interesting conversation;

How do we define bisexuality?

If I'm a male and sleep with a transsexual does that make me bi?

If I'm a woman who has no romantic interest in women but engage in homosexual sex during an mff does that make me bi?

We're obsessed with labels because they simplify very complex issues and ideas but where people are concerned I personally believe that labels are wholly inadequate to describe people and their behaviour.

But in answer to the OP's question - yes, there is discrimination against bisexual males on this site, in my humble opinion.

I remember a user not so long ago who was a regular on the scene - he was blacklisted because of his attendance at a bi-sexual party.

Several members were outraged that he might attend such an event, not disclose the information and then go on to have sex with their partners.

The inference was that he was putting everyone's health at risk by having sex with men and then attending "straight" swing events.

Unfortunately, we all put our sexual health at risk from fucking strangers.

That's why we use prophylactics, despised though they may be.

By *ed just RedWoman  over a year ago

Dublin City

I’ve heard a lot of bi- guys say women have abused and insulted them when they say they are bi (I’ve seen messages!!) I’m therefore not surprised men change their label if they are looking to meet women.

As for respecting it, both men and women do NOT respect a women’s choices to be at straight. So much so I won’t play with couples and I still struggle to find a woman to have FMF fun with.

By *phrodite72Woman  over a year ago

dublin/galway

"I’ve heard a lot of bi- guys say women have abused and insulted them when they say they are bi (I’ve seen messages!!) I’m therefore not surprised men change their label if they are looking to meet women.

As for respecting it, both men and women do NOT respect a women’s choices to be at straight. So much so I won’t play with couples and I still struggle to find a woman to have FMF fun with. "

I can understand why they would change their profile but i dont think they should as they can then avoid those type of women..i have met bi guys i have zero issue with it but i completely accept its down to personal preferences if a woman is not into that thats 100% their prerogative but there is no excuse to b rude or insulting to anyone over their sexuality..so those people male and female are best avoided at all costs...we should all b accepting of peoples choices even if it is not our preference

And yes i agree there seems to b this assumption that as a woman on fab u should b bi and i too am not but its often met with incredulity

"I’ve heard a lot of bi- guys say women have abused and insulted them when they say they are bi (I’ve seen messages!!) I’m therefore not surprised men change their label if they are looking to meet women.

As for respecting it, both men and women do NOT respect a women’s choices to be at straight. So much so I won’t play with couples and I still struggle to find a woman to have FMF fun with.

I can understand why they would change their profile but i dont think they should as they can then avoid those type of women..i have met bi guys i have zero issue with it but i completely accept its down to personal preferences if a woman is not into that thats 100% their prerogative but there is no excuse to b rude or insulting to anyone over their sexuality..so those people male and female are best avoided at all costs...we should all b accepting of peoples choices even if it is not our preference

And yes i agree there seems to b this assumption that as a woman on fab u should b bi and i too am not but its often met with incredulity "

Wow so now we have 3 ladies from Galway who are ok with meeting bi guys Thanks

By *kblueeyesCouple  over a year ago

kilkenny

No problem with bi guys makes interesting scenarios

By *vpamelaTV/TS  over a year ago

kinkville

I just wish more hot bi guys would explore the world of crossdressing. I think they would look amazing.

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

[Removed by poster at 15/06/21 01:19:19]

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

Ah would ye all get on with it, get the kacks off, the lube out and admit any hole's a goal FFS

It depends on the guy... There's one super super hot bi-guy here & omg he's hot AF...One particular bi vid he had uploaded...I watched it on major repeat

"It depends on the guy... There's one super super hot bi-guy here & omg he's hot AF...One particular bi vid he had uploaded...I watched it on major repeat "

Sooooooo the answer is...No bi guys don't turn me off...but it depends on the type of guy to turn me on

By *onguentasticMan  over a year ago

Ballymoney

There is massive bi phobics on fab especially towards men!! Think they will catch something if anything we are more cautious and safe with our sexual health I know I am!!! Get checked every three months bi group play is just the best experience ever so intense when you can kiss who you want feel what you want

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

When in Ireland we've never met a couple with a Bi guy but down here in Cap d'Agde virtually every couple we meet has at least a Bi guy.

Reckon they're a lot more liberated down here in La Belle France.

By *ERRIBLE TWOSUMCouple  over a year ago

Suck mammys strap-on

"There is massive bi phobics on fab especially towards men!! Think they will catch something if anything we are more cautious and safe with our sexual health I know I am!!! Get checked every three months bi group play is just the best experience ever so intense when you can kiss who you want feel what you want "
It's people's preferences who they meet or what they are looking for in a meet,i don't think so called bi phobia has anything to do with it.

South Dublin Area

"There is massive bi phobics on fab especially towards men!! Think they will catch something if anything we are more cautious and safe with our sexual health I know I am!!! Get checked every three months bi group play is just the best experience ever so intense when you can kiss who you want feel what you want "
Homophobia absolutely exists on here, I have seen it but this is not a phobia when the fears are justified based on facts and numbers, try looking at the definition of phobia first before making these claims.

Now in saying that, in our time on here I have seen plenty of ladies interested in bi play.

By *ERRIBLE TWOSUMCouple  over a year ago

Suck mammys strap-on

"There is massive bi phobics on fab especially towards men!! Think they will catch something if anything we are more cautious and safe with our sexual health I know I am!!! Get checked every three months bi group play is just the best experience ever so intense when you can kiss who you want feel what you want Homophobia absolutely exists on here, I have seen it but this is not a phobia when the fears are justified based on facts and numbers, try looking at the definition of phobia first before making these claims.

Now in saying that, in our time on here I have seen plenty of ladies interested in bi play. "

the facts and numbers we aren't sure off.

By *safunwituMan  over a year ago

Enniscorthy

I tend to try stick to messaging or chatting to people who are OK with bi males, whether that be females, couples or tv/ts. I have yet to witness any bi phobia, nasty comments or mails to myself, luckily enough. There is also a few couples that have straight on their profile, even though the male is bi, of fear of being judged.

By *ady ChatterleyWoman  over a year ago

Athlone

Not put off...but very hard to get the right people

By *avy8931Man  over a year ago

ballymena

I am also on fabguys. There is a lot of guys on there saying they are bi. On here with same pictures and they are straight. Only telling you what you want to hear rather than being honest.

By *iver80Man  over a year ago

south side ,

Its very very hard to find a girl who wants to meet a bi lad haha ,not sure why ,a decent sound bi lad is more open minded and adventurous than most straight guys ,not all them but a good few haha

90% of the messages I get are from straight males.

I think there's a lot of lads want to try cock but afraid of the bi label. Someone can be hetero-romantic and bisexual. Fab also is also quite limited in terms of descriptive labels across the sexuality spectrum.

No way they are more fun

By *usbyXXXMan  over a year ago

County Waterford

"Bi men are hot as hell. Gareth was as straight has they come until with a little persuading I asked him to attend a bi night in a club. He did and let a guy share his cock with me. He said it made him feel more masculine rather than less. He won’t kiss guys (nor would I want to see that) but has tried other things since. We call him hetexible as it’s more a sexual desire than an attraction. A we find as a cpl most single guys we meet with “straight” on their profile all of a sudden are curious about bi play. So we believe like women most men are bi or at least bi curious sexually

Sarah x"

The best explaination ever. Hetexible!! Brilliant

"Homophobia absolutely exists on here, I have seen it but this is not a phobia when the fears are justified based on facts and numbers, try looking at the definition of phobia first before making these claims.

Now in saying that, in our time on here I have seen plenty of ladies interested in bi play. "

I'm not entirely sure what exactly it is you're referring to when you mention facts and numbers but I'll assume you're referencing the transmission rates of HIV with regard to men who have sex with men.

It's a folly to point to official HSE numbers and label an entire group as people as "more dangerous" than the other. The vast majority of self admitted transmission can indeed be said to come from men who have had sexual encounters with men, but also those who use illegal self administered intravenous drugs, including steroids. And I can absolutely guarantee you that there are several 'straight men' on Fab who use IVD.

If you attend your GP's clinic or a sexual health centre and inform them that you and your partner are involved in an activity werein you have penetrative, vaginal, and possibly anal sex with multiple people over the course of a evening, maybe 6 times a year and ONLY use condoms for vaginal and anal sex, possibly share sex toys with other women without proper sterilisation practices and that these people are likely to be complete strangers whose sexual history you have no idea about other than spurious "verifications" left for them on a swingers website and you asked these health care professionals if you're at more or less risk than someone in a monogamous marriage of contracting HIV... Well. I'd imagine you're in for a surprise.

I'd encourage you to examine your own feelings with regard to men who have sex with men with a little bit more depth before tarring them all with the same brush with regard to sexual health. Pointing to a figure that has multiple outlying factors that influence it (the cause of transmission is self provided, immigration, the recipient in anal sex is more likely to contract rather than transmit etc.) and using it to justify a 'fear' or opinion about a group of people is the hallmark of the right wing.

We might as well say that all women are terrible drivers, all black men have huge penises or that all travellers are criminals. It's simply not true, and the amount of people who use this claim about sexual health to justify their own latent negative feelings about homosexual behaviour or activity in men is concerning.

We're swingers. We engage in risky sexual behaviour. We try and offset this risk as much as we can but it's there and it'll never go away.

Take your precautions, get tested and enjoy yourselves!

P. S.

As someone indeed pointed out earlier, the LGTBQ+ community is actually quite amazing at their testing rates and the testing services they offer, I've had a HIV test done in Panti Bar ffs!

Couldn’t agree more

"Homophobia absolutely exists on here, I have seen it but this is not a phobia when the fears are justified based on facts and numbers, try looking at the definition of phobia first before making these claims.

Now in saying that, in our time on here I have seen plenty of ladies interested in bi play.

I'm not entirely sure what exactly it is you're referring to when you mention facts and numbers but I'll assume you're referencing the transmission rates of HIV with regard to men who have sex with men.

It's a folly to point to official HSE numbers and label an entire group as people as "more dangerous" than the other. The vast majority of self admitted transmission can indeed be said to come from men who have had sexual encounters with men, but also those who use illegal self administered intravenous drugs, including steroids. And I can absolutely guarantee you that there are several 'straight men' on Fab who use IVD.

If you attend your GP's clinic or a sexual health centre and inform them that you and your partner are involved in an activity werein you have penetrative, vaginal, and possibly anal sex with multiple people over the course of a evening, maybe 6 times a year and ONLY use condoms for vaginal and anal sex, possibly share sex toys with other women without proper sterilisation practices and that these people are likely to be complete strangers whose sexual history you have no idea about other than spurious "verifications" left for them on a swingers website and you asked these health care professionals if you're at more or less risk than someone in a monogamous marriage of contracting HIV... Well. I'd imagine you're in for a surprise.

I'd encourage you to examine your own feelings with regard to men who have sex with men with a little bit more depth before tarring them all with the same brush with regard to sexual health. Pointing to a figure that has multiple outlying factors that influence it (the cause of transmission is self provided, immigration, the recipient in anal sex is more likely to contract rather than transmit etc.) and using it to justify a 'fear' or opinion about a group of people is the hallmark of the right wing.

We might as well say that all women are terrible drivers, all black men have huge penises or that all travellers are criminals. It's simply not true, and the amount of people who use this claim about sexual health to justify their own latent negative feelings about homosexual behaviour or activity in men is concerning.

We're swingers. We engage in risky sexual behaviour. We try and offset this risk as much as we can but it's there and it'll never go away.

P. S.

As someone indeed pointed out earlier, the LGTBQ+ community is actually quite amazing at their testing rates and the testing services they offer, I've had a HIV test done in Panti Bar ffs!

"

Galway

P. S.

"

Sure why bother examining your prejudices when you can point to “facts and numbers”

[Removed by poster at 17/06/21 08:56:25]

Youghal

P. S.

"

South Dublin Area

P. S.

Sure why bother examining your prejudices when you can point to “facts and numbers” "

can you explain at what point i have shown any prejudice in any of my previous posts on this thread?

Have i at any point said that we would have an issue meeting a bi guy?

I simply have stated facts that justify why people on here are against meeting bi guys but you can choose to ignore them

Also, next time you need a blood transfusion best to ask them for blood from outside of Ireland as using your logic they are a prejudiced organization

By *oolguy4uMan  over a year ago

Drogheda

Bi is great fun!!

"This one isn't but I'd have to like him in the first instance, bi or not"
Great answer

" can you explain at what point i have shown any prejudice in any of my previous posts on this thread?

I simply have stated facts that justify why people on here are against meeting bi guys but you can choose to ignore them

Also, next time you need a blood transfusion best to ask them for blood from outside of Ireland as using your logic they are a prejudiced organization "

What has a blood donation outside Ireland got to do with anything?

And unfortunately you're not actually stating facts at all, you're voicing an opinion as to why people MIGHT have opted to not meet bi-sexual men in the past.

And the justifications you've used in that regard are flimsy, at best.

But with regard to blood donation - I'll think you'll find there have been a number of changes to the exemption criteria to men who have sex with men and possible disqualifications for donation.

From their own website -

"This means that a man whose last sexual contact with another man was more than 12 months ago will be eligible to donate if he meets the other donor selection criteria. A man who has had oral or anal sex with another man in the past 12 months will still not be eligible to donate, even if he used a condom or pre or post exposure prophylaxis (PrEP/PEP). People who take medication to prevent HIV infection i.e. pre or post exposure prophylaxis (PrEP/PEP) will be deferred from donating for 12 months thereafter. This is because the use of PrEP or PEP may interfere with testing for HIV by delaying seroconversion or giving unclear results in a positive donor."

Essentially if you've had sex with a man you have to wait 12 months before donating blood. I'd imagine this is to allow any potential HIV infections to present, as they can take up to 6 months to become noticeable. This restrictions is similar to someone receiving a new piercing or tattoo, I believe the waiting period for donation then is 4 months.

These changes came into effect in 2017 as a result of lobbying by both health care professionals and the LGTBQ+ community.

So I think we can leave blood donation point behind....

Galway

" can you explain at what point i have shown any prejudice in any of my previous posts on this thread?

Also, next time you need a blood transfusion best to ask them for blood from outside of Ireland as using your logic they are a prejudiced organization

And unfortunately you're not actually stating facts at all, you're voicing an opinion as to why people MIGHT have opted to not meet bi-sexual men in the past.

But with regard to blood donation - I'll think you'll find there have been a number of changes to the exemption criteria to men who have sex with men and possible disqualifications for donation.

From their own website -

"This means that a man whose last sexual contact with another man was more than 12 months ago will be eligible to donate if he meets the other donor selection criteria. A man who has had oral or anal sex with another man in the past 12 months will still not be eligible to donate, even if he used a condom or pre or post exposure prophylaxis (PrEP/PEP). People who take medication to prevent HIV infection i.e. pre or post exposure prophylaxis (PrEP/PEP) will be deferred from donating for 12 months thereafter. This is because the use of PrEP or PEP may interfere with testing for HIV by delaying seroconversion or giving unclear results in a positive donor."

Essentially if you've had sex with a man you have to wait 12 months before donating blood. I'd imagine this is to allow any potential HIV infections to present, as they can take up to 6 months to become noticeable. This restrictions is similar to someone receiving a new piercing or tattoo, I believe the waiting period for donation then is 4 months.

These changes came into effect in 2017 as a result of lobbying by both health care professionals and the LGTBQ+ community.

"

All of this plus the fact that every single donation is tested prior to distribution, whether the donator has indicated that they have engaged in male male sex or not.

The wait time has been reduced to 3 months in the UK as of this month so I think we can agree that the IBTS is a bit behind on this matter.

If a risk of STDs is the “factual” reason why some people will not meet bi guys, then surely they should also refuse to meet anyone (single women/couples) who has met a bi guy.

"

If a risk of STDs is the “factual” reason why some people will not meet bi guys, then surely they should also refuse to meet anyone (single women/couples) who has met a bi guy. "

Which is why it's impossible to know.

And why we simply assume that EVERYONE we meet is a potential risk of an STI, and why condoms and regular testing are one's best defense against these kinds of risks.

By *safunwituMan  over a year ago

Enniscorthy

From their own website -

All of this plus the fact that every single donation is tested prior to distribution, whether the donator has indicated that they have engaged in male male sex or not.

The wait time has been reduced to 3 months in the UK as of this month so I think we can agree that the IBTS is a bit behind on this matter.

If a risk of STDs is the “factual” reason why some people will not meet bi guys, then surely they should also refuse to meet anyone (single women/couples) who has met a bi guy. "

That last sentence shows that there is double standards on here.

By *ickheadcuntCouple  over a year ago

Cork Ireland

If you cut all this down you and only you are responsible for your own health and that's pretty much it..

No judgement on anyone here if your happy getting off well then your happy

By *londiegirlxWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Something about it really turns me off

"Something about it really turns me off "

Could you elaborate as to why it does?

somewhere

"Something about it really turns me off

Could you elaborate as to why it does? "

In fairness it could be any reason and if something doesn't feel right ...so be it ..no need to explain or elaborate surely

"

If a risk of STDs is the “factual” reason why some people will not meet bi guys, then surely they should also refuse to meet anyone (single women/couples) who has met a bi guy.

Which is why it's impossible to know.

And why we simply assume that EVERYONE we meet is a potential risk of an STI, and why condoms and regular testing are one's best defense against these kinds of risks.

"

In fairness it could be any reason and if something doesn't feel right ...so be it ..no need to explain or elaborate surely "

Absolutely correct in no one has to account for or explain their own particular tastes or preferences. We are however in the midst of a discussion about the topic at hand and conversation regarding viewpoints or opinions is pretty dull if people choose not to engage or expound upon those viewpoints.

If the lady chooses not to answer than that is of course her perogative, but I don't think I'm being rude or unreasonable in being curious about her reasons as to why.

somewhere

In fairness it could be any reason and if something doesn't feel right ...so be it ..no need to explain or elaborate surely

Absolutely correct in no one has to account for or explain their own particular tastes or preferences. We are however in the midst of a discussion about the topic at hand and conversation regarding viewpoints or opinions is pretty dull if people choose not to engage or expound upon those viewpoints.

If the lady chooses not to answer than that is of course her perogative, but I don't think I'm being rude or unreasonable in being curious about her reasons as to why. "

No i don't think you were rude ..definitely not but just think sometimes intuition can't be or doesn't have to be explained

There's certain traits that I don't like ...fecked if I can explain why and sometimes " just because " works

"

No i don't think you were rude ..definitely not but just think sometimes intuition can't be or doesn't have to be explained

There's certain traits that I don't like ...fecked if I can explain why and sometimes " just because " works "

And this is where I'd encourage self reflection.

I guess some people are content to settle with "just because", but nothing in existence is ever "just because". Everything has a root, an origin and an explanation and where human psychology and sexuality is concerned I find it extremely interesting and compelling when people begin to explore and discover those recessed parts of themselves.

As per Socrates - "The unexamined life is not worth living."

By *itan79Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In the Middle

Yeah seems like that, unsure if there's a 'unclean/ revolting' quality or what?

Couples in particular assume every bi fella is going to try and jump the hubby, we no it's normally a bit more nuanced than that, but hey I can only speak for myself.

At the end of the day people are free to do what and who they want.

Truth "

South Dublin Area

Truth

"

haha you knew exactly who i was talking about.. men want to be him women want to be with him

By *itlbeeCouple  over a year ago

Ireland

I've seen plenty of Irish profiles saying "No bi men". I once saw one add "No matter how straight acting he is"

If their concern is STDs they can ask about safe sex and check-ups. Most of the bi guys here are partnered to women. They are exactly like straight men, just are more open in the bed room. I love seeing my partner kiss another guy, he hasn't taken it much further than that and a bit of touching, but he is working it out.

There is still a massive problem of homophobia here on fab. Bi Woman are treated like a spectacle and for men's viewing pleasure only. A few times I have felt a bit put out with how quickly a girl forgot all about me once a man was around.

By *ittle-unicornWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Nope, complete opposite for me! I’d love to meet

more bi guys!

By *asual777Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

It’s official . They’re not

Not this one anyway

Athlone

[Removed by poster at 24/06/21 22:51:09]

Athlone

Genuine Bi Guys hard to find...I've been let down so many times.. last minute jitters

"I've seen plenty of Irish profiles saying "No bi men". I once saw one add "No matter how straight acting he is"

If their concern is STDs they can ask about safe sex and check-ups. Most of the bi guys here are partnered to women. They are exactly like straight men, just are more open in the bed room. I love seeing my partner kiss another guy, he hasn't taken it much further than that and a bit of touching, but he is working it out.

There is still a massive problem of homophobia here on fab. Bi Woman are treated like a spectacle and for men's viewing pleasure only. A few times I have felt a bit put out with how quickly a girl forgot all about me once a man was around.

"

Here here!

By *rishunicornMan  over a year ago

Cookstown

"Genuine Bi Guys hard to find...I've been let down so many times.. last minute jitters "

I’m here! I’d not let you down

By *asual777Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

I have a feeling this wil end up being the best thread on any forum ever

By *unnyfookMan  over a year ago

Naas

Bi men are my fav "

The bi phobia is real, honestly don't understand why some bi women wouldn't like bi guys..we are exactly the same as straight guys

By *issLipsandhipsWoman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere

"I've seen plenty of Irish profiles saying "No bi men". I once saw one add "No matter how straight acting he is"

"

I don't think it's homophobic to not want to sleep with a man who sleeps with other men. That's a preference. We all have them.

"

Bi men are my fav

The bi phobia is real, honestly don't understand why some bi women wouldn't like bi guys..we are exactly the same as straight guys "

It seems to be a combination of the outdated view that homosexuality in males put people more at risk of an STI than 'straight' males, which has been dispelled numerous times in the above comments by a few people, and the idea that bisexual or homosexual behaviour is somehow less masculine than strictly straight behaviour in men...

Which is of course an opinion, but one which I'd argue vehemently against.

Frankly I don't class myself as bi-sexual because I simply don't find men attractive. I have no desire to date, kiss, cuddle or engage in any other romantic behaviour with males. I don't masturbate to men in pornography as I don't find them sexually exciting. They simply don't appeal in that way.

However, I have had sexual experiences with men, with regard to experimentation and in certain cuckold and threesome experiences. And I've enjoyed them, given the moment and what was occurring.

Does this make me less masculine than any other man?

That's for others to judge I guess. I will say this - I'm a muscular type of fella, employed in a security job which on occasion requires a judicious use of force, I'm covered in tattoos, swear like a sailor, I've trained in marital arts, and also with the armed forces and I'm a recovering alcoholic. I've travelled the world and drank (and consumed other less savoury substances) in some of the most dangerous shit holes I've ever seen... And survived, with a minimum of fuss. I've been on the swing and BDSM world since I was 19. I'm now 35. I've played and fucked in clubs, venues and private parties around the world; Venice, Bogata, Paris, Rome, Las Vegas.

I can absolutely assure everyone on this count; I am in NO doubt as to the strength of my masculinity.

So if anyone would like to counter my opinion of my own manliness, I'd like to hear their argument, or their opinion as to how exactly I can shore up my masculinity?

"

I don't think it's homophobic to not want to sleep with a man who sleeps with other men. That's a preference. We all have them. "

No, I'd agree that it's not homophobic... But do you sleep with women who sleep with other women?

If so why is it that it's homosexuality in males that you find off putting?

And as I've mentioned before, I'd encourage people to examine why exactly it is that they find it so off putting?

As others have mentioned, physically and anatomically bisexual men are no different from straight men, so the issue must lie in your own psychology... So, some examination of those feelings could prove interesting.

By *unnyfookMan  over a year ago

Naas

"

I don't think it's homophobic to not want to sleep with a man who sleeps with other men. That's a preference. We all have them.

No, I'd agree that it's not homophobic... But do you sleep with women who sleep with other women?

And as I've mentioned before, I'd encourage people to examine why exactly it is that they find it so off putting?

As others have mentioned, physically and anatomically bisexual men are no different from straight men, so the issue must lie in your own psychology... So, some examination of those feelings could prove interesting. "

I couldn't of articulated that better myself

Let me know if we can help you

Already organised for one great lady on this thread to check off her fantasy of fun with 2 bi guys

By *issLipsandhipsWoman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere

"

As others have mentioned, physically and anatomically bisexual men are no different from straight men, so the issue must lie in your own psychology... So, some examination of those feelings could prove interesting. "

Firstly, I did not say that its off putting to me. I'm merely responding to someone suggesting it was homophobia driving ladies not to meet bisexual men.

" )

Firstly, I did not say that its off putting to me. I'm merely responding to someone suggesting it was homophobia driving ladies not to meet bisexual men. "

Humblest apologies. I read your comment completely wrong.

By *ivelifeMan  over a year ago

Are Guy's turned off by Bi Girls?...

By *ikeyjessMan  over a year ago

mallow

Yes a lot are but if you're openly Gay they want to be your best friend

» Add a new message to this topic