FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Black dog

Black dog

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi everyone. Maybe I'm using the wrong forum here but iv had a really shitty last few days and the Black Dog (depression) has hit big time. Strung out in negative thoughts and just struggling to get up and go in morning. Anyone struggle like this also? I try to distract myself with sex, drink, food only gets worse. I know it will pass it's the getting thro part is the hardest maybe even writing this might help I don't know

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You have blocked everyone of the male sex. So it might be hard for as many people to communicate. Have you ever tried meditation. I can send you some stuff if you would be interested,?

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Don't be alone..its good to share to see that it effects more than yourself so no harm in posting on here

Reaching out is a good start. Take each day as it comes. There is loads of different supports out there and you be surprised who around you can help.

Have you chatted to your doctor? Even just say it to a friend. The last year and a bit has taken its toll on everyone.

There are some great podcasts and books out there. If you can find any podcast with Gerry Hussey I would 100% recommend listening to him.

Hope by even opening up has helped a little bit

1 in every 4 people feel the same pal. I put up a post a while back feeling the same.

If you can approach it with a bit of fight. Try talk yourself up. Speak of the black dog as a separate entity and put that down not yourself.

Then when it does pass seek help. I did, even for a few weeks to learn some coping mechanisms and if you can stay at it do.

Loads of help everywhere. DONT BE A HERO AND TRY TACKLE IT ALONE!! the smallest chat can help short term.

Hope this helps. Reply here and I'll adjust my filters fir a chat if you want.

Fair play for posting OP, it takes courage to do so.

Like others have said, there are some great supports out there. If talking to a friend is difficult you can always call Samaritans and have a chat to get things off your chest.

If you’re finding the negative thoughts/everything overwhelming then speaking to your GP about maybe some short term meds….or a counsellor and maybe trying some CBT. I know that really help me to squash the negative thoughts.

Hoping you feel better soon, I’m always here for a chat if you want to send a message.

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Hey OP, like you say you can't beat it with sex, drink or food unfortunately! For me I find that granting myself some grace really helps - when I am down, not only am I down but I'm beating myself up for being down and trying hard to not feel that way. But resisting it can often intensify the feelings, so instead I try to recognise and accept that I am feeling down, allow myself to feel the way I feel and reassure myself that it will pass in time.

I often do a simple meditation exercise of acceptance - identifying the feeling wherever it is inside me, observing how it feels, naming it and accepting it (literally 'hello sadness, you can stay as long as you wish). Sometimes I get immediate relief from this!!

Otherwise - eat well and sleep well, breathe fresh air, talk to friends (about anything!). I hope you feel better soon x

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

"Hi everyone. Maybe I'm using the wrong forum here but iv had a really shitty last few days and the Black Dog (depression) has hit big time. Strung out in negative thoughts and just struggling to get up and go in morning. Anyone struggle like this also? I try to distract myself with sex, drink, food only gets worse. I know it will pass it's the getting thro part is the hardest maybe even writing this might help I don't know "

Drink is the main culprit.. Food and sex is alright in moderation but alcohol will leave you with depression..

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks everyone for the kind words and support and to you all who've messaged me it makes such a difference I'm feeling better today already and starting to turn d corner .

By *phrodite72Woman  over a year ago

dublin/galway

"Thanks everyone for the kind words and support and to you all who've messaged me it makes such a difference I'm feeling better today already and starting to turn d corner . "

Delighted to hear that...best foot forward tomorrow OP

By *omtom7Man  over a year ago

Tralee

Head up lad, hopefully it'll pass quickly, but always reach out and talk to people. I'd actually try doing different things rather than sex, drink, etc. as these might only makes things worse. Try walking, reading or streaming a tv series, go with fiction or fantasy as it'll give your mind a break from real life issues. Just my two cents, but always keep talking.

"Thanks everyone for the kind words and support and to you all who've messaged me it makes such a difference I'm feeling better today already and starting to turn d corner . "

Good to hear x

Glad you are feeling a bit better and hopefully gets better and better for you

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Great news!

You and me both getting ravaged by the black dog buddy . It sucks ..... Balls ..... Big hairy stinking balls

"Hi everyone. Maybe I'm using the wrong forum here but iv had a really shitty last few days and the Black Dog (depression) has hit big time. Strung out in negative thoughts and just struggling to get up and go in morning. Anyone struggle like this also? I try to distract myself with sex, drink, food only gets worse. I know it will pass it's the getting thro part is the hardest maybe even writing this might help I don't know "

Goodman , reaching out is a positive sign and shows your aware of your feelings. Talk about what is troubling you. If possible get outside and walk,Run,Swim. Alchohol won't help you in these times.

You've done the hard part opening up next step maybe find someone to talk to. If you need numbers send me a DM. I can point you in the right direction.

By *unnyfookMan  over a year ago

Naas

First time ive heard black dog used a ms a term for depression. Long time sufferer .there isn't a day that goes by where negativity doesn't go through my head, i like to focus on positives regardless of how insignificant ,it could be a woman replying to a message here ...lol

But once you tell someone about all the negative thoughts it makes it easier to work through. Counseling helps at least it does for me . Maybe you should try look at counseling ?

» Add a new message to this topic