FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Block button

Block button

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Often accused of being too nice and putting up with shit from people - Im now finding the block button quite empowering.

That sense of control over what and who i let enter my space, if it effects me negatively im learning to recognise it and take action. Its a learning I can apply to everyday life now. Thanks Fab!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *t777Woman  over a year ago

close by

Yes its a great button to know how to use. Well done x

By *iablo soloWoman  over a year ago

Southside

"Often accused of being too nice and putting up with shit from people - Im now finding the block button quite empowering.

That sense of control over what and who i let enter my space, if it effects me negatively im learning to recognise it and take action. Its a learning I can apply to everyday life now. Thanks Fab! "

for a long time I felt I didnt want to be rude and not reply to peoples messages...so started giving short replys of thanks for the mail but from your profile I can see we wont get on bla bla....an then I would be bombarded with more messages so now I'm ruthless....I just block...I cant be nice to everyone!!

"Often accused of being too nice and putting up with shit from people - Im now finding the block button quite empowering.

That sense of control over what and who i let enter my space, if it effects me negatively im learning to recognise it and take action. Its a learning I can apply to everyday life now. Thanks Fab!

for a long time I felt I didnt want to be rude and not reply to peoples messages...so started giving short replys of thanks for the mail but from your profile I can see we wont get on bla bla....an then I would be bombarded with more messages so now I'm ruthless....I just block...I cant be nice to everyone!! "

thats the same as me lol!! Theres only so much energy one can expend on others, lets save it for what gives us back some

By *herry...Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

I block if I'm not interested saves time on repeated messages, I have it in my bio, no point wasting anyone's time

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The block button and the notes option are a fabbers best friend.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I usually only block if it's someone who has been rude or someone I know I have absolutely nothing in common with or someone who keeps messaging after being told no thanks previously.

Notes I find are a lot more helpful in remembering bits about people .

By *exysamXXXWoman  over a year ago

The Land of Make Believe

It's unfortunate I seem to have more on my block list than friends list

As previous posters said, if you have nothing in common or their profile isn't for you why leave yourself open for more messages from these profiles

Another pet hate is getting messages from unverified profiles saying "love your profile wanna chat?" Well they obviously didn't read my profile as I state I only chat and meet well verified profiles

Of the ratios were anything even close to 50/50 there probably won't be much blocking going on. It's the harsh reality of fab, I understand the need.

Has anyone ever seen the episode of black mirror where the guy gets blocked in reality and can't see the people who blocked him?

If it makes your time on fab that little bit easier then absolutely go ahead. You need no other reason.

Blocking can save you so much time and energy lol!

Southside

"The block button and the notes option are a fabbers best friend."

The notes option is something i never realised I could use until recently....great feature! The other day I saw someone post in the forums and he sounded interesting but I saw I had a note on him that read "soooooo way jose"

Southside

Ughhh.....meant "no way!!!

By *nquisitive ladyWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"The block button and the notes option are a fabbers best friend.

The notes option is something i never realised I could use until recently....great feature! The other day I saw someone post in the forums and he sounded interesting but I saw I had a note on him that read "soooooo way jose" "

Very handy too when someone obnoxious changes their profile name.

By *ueenbeetipp43Woman  over a year ago

tipperary

I love the block button and the private notes. So very handy.

Southside

The notes option is something i never realised I could use until recently....great feature! The other day I saw someone post in the forums and he sounded interesting but I saw I had a note on him that read "soooooo way jose"

Very handy too when someone obnoxious changes their profile name. "

Yeap.... Similar happened recently to me with someone I knew from a previous site an thankfully I was informed by others that he was hunting here under a different alias...ended up blocking him but was good to have the option to take note of who he actually was!

Very handy too when someone obnoxious changes their profile name. "

well i learn something new every day. i tend to remember pics more than names though...

Dublin

Very handy too when someone obnoxious changes their profile name.

well i learn something new every day. i tend to remember pics more than names though... "

That helps too

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Strangest comment I saw on here in regards to blocking was when someone said that men don't use the block button ever.

I definitely do for the same reasons as most.

Annoying status updates, idiotic comments in the forums, no compatibility, failure to read my profile, two faced personas and so on.

I don't use the notes feature but it is a good option. I just go straight to block.

It's a great filter for keeping a tidy update screen.

Southside

"Strangest comment I saw on here in regards to blocking was when someone said that men don't use the block button ever.

Annoying status updates, idiotic comments in the forums, no compatibility, failure to read my profile, two faced personas and so on.

I don't use the notes feature but it is a good option. I just go straight to block.

It's a great filter for keeping a tidy update screen. "

I just checked ur profile to see if I was blocked!

By *aywhatnowMan  over a year ago

North County

Have used it just to stop seeing cringe statuses on the updates feed. The attention seeking and pleas for a fab of a picture are just awful

Belfast

"Strangest comment I saw on here in regards to blocking was when someone said that men don't use the block button ever.

I just checked ur profile to see if I was blocked! "

Glad to see I made your evening

Southside

I just checked ur profile to see if I was blocked!

Glad to see I made your evening "

I feel so special!

Dublin

It's a great filter for keeping a tidy update screen. "

You can still add a note after you block someone.

Belfast

You can still add a note after you block someone. "

Once they're blocked I've no further interest.

Once they're blocked I've no further interest. "

same, i block for a reason, its never done without consideration so I trust the judgement was sound

By *unnyfookMan  over a year ago

Naas

There are alot of douche bags here

By *unsigntwoCouple  over a year ago

athlone

Once they're blocked I've no further interest.

same, i block for a reason, its never done without consideration so I trust the judgement was sound"

Same

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I very rarely block. What's the point when you can easily circumvent it with setting up a second/third/fourth etc. profile?

» Add a new message to this topic