FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > A true friend

A true friend

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

In your opinion.. what makes a true/real friend..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"In your opinion.. what makes a true/real friend.."

The one you know you can ring at 4am when you are rock bottom and they will come running. Hard to find but worth their weight in gold.

The one that knows when you say "you are fine" knows that your not.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Someone who isn't a fair weather friend and is always there through good times and bad.

Someone who is open and honest and doesn't tell you what they think you want to hear and someone who is willing to take your advice when offered.

Someone who sees friendship as a two way street and asks about your day as often as they tell you about theirs.

By *lassy lady 216Woman  over a year ago

Craigavon

Someone who is always there for you through the good times and the bad someone who rings you just to see if you are OK someone who will help you and look nothing in return this a true friend

"Someone who isn't a fair weather friend and is always there through good times and bad.

Someone who is open and honest and doesn't tell you what they think you want to hear and someone who is willing to take your advice when offered.

Someone who sees friendship as a two way street and asks about your day as often as they tell you about theirs. "

This, they are as rare as hen's teeth. If you have two or three real friends, you're way ahead of the curve

By *addubMan  over a year ago

dublin. 12

"In your opinion.. what makes a true/real friend..

The one you know you can ring at 4am when you are rock bottom and they will come running. Hard to find but worth their weight in gold.

Never a truer word agree with you. A true friend is one you can trust.

"

"Someone who is always there for you through the good times and the bad someone who rings you just to see if you are OK someone who will help you and look nothing in return this a true friend "

If they get nothing in return, then it's not a friendship....it's a one - way street

By *arajeanCouple  over a year ago

mayo

Someone that is there for you no matter what....that you can Trust..confide in ..and have your best interests at heart.

Friends go jogging at the track,

Friends borrow money, never pay it back.

Friends do not let Friends do crack,

Friends go out and grab a snack.

Friends have beer in the sun.

Unlike girlfriends they don't mind if you have more than one.

Friends tell friends when their fly is undone.

*Psst, your fly's undone*

I have been lucky with 5 lads I have known since national school. We have been there for each other through lifes ups and downs. Even helping to build each others houses. From births to burials. We all know we are only a call away no matter where we are.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Wow all great ans I must say... Now I wonder what it would feel like to have a friend like that

Belfast

I don't have a single friend from my schooldays because it was all one way friendship.

I visited them, they never came to see me. I was there when they lost parents, they weren't there when I lost mine.

I lent them money or rescued them when their cars broke down miles from home in the middle of the night, they couldn't even lift the phone to see how I was.

So from the entire group of 12 that used to hang around together for 10-15 years I have spoken to one in the last 20 years and that was just in passing on the street.

I don't do anything for anyone unselfishly anymore. I do want something in return. Their true friendship as described in my earlier post.

"I have been lucky with 5 lads I have known since national school. We have been there for each other through lifes ups and downs. Even helping to build each others houses. From births to burials. We all know we are only a call away no matter where we are."

You’re a lucky fella to have a group like that!

"Friends go jogging at the track,

"

Real friends say nothing about the fly being undone just to see how long it takes and how much embarrassment will be caused ??????

A real friend will never treat you badly, will make an effort to stay in contact, will always offer to help you or advise you of stuff, you are yourself with them and they know the best of you and the worst of you and they still like you. You can go ages without seeing them and as soon as you meet up again it was like it was only last week you saw them.

"I have been lucky with 5 lads I have known since national school. We have been there for each other through lifes ups and downs. Even helping to build each others houses. From births to burials. We all know we are only a call away no matter where we are.

You’re a lucky fella to have a group like that! "

Yes I am. Dont think there has been one row in all those years apart from GAA rows which are normal for us.

By *ivelifeMan  over a year ago

"I have been lucky with 5 lads I have known since national school. We have been there for each other through lifes ups and downs. Even helping to build each others houses. From births to burials. We all know we are only a call away no matter where we are.

Yes I am. Dont think there has been one row in all those years apart from GAA rows which are normal for us. "

I guess there all on here to with you haha

Yes I am. Dont think there has been one row in all those years apart from GAA rows which are normal for us.

I guess there all on here to with you haha "

I guess there all on here to with you haha

"

Be spme craic if any of them were on here

By *t777Woman  over a year ago

close by

A true friend is someone you can rely on through everything. They don't even have to live in the same Country or County but you know if you have a problem, however small, they will be there listening, advising, helping and if you are really lucky to have them close..cuddling you. Making sure you are OK. The best friends ever xx

Put your phone in a drawer, leave it there for a week, come back and see who rang or texted you in that time, they're your true friends.

Belfast

Put your phone in a drawer, leave it there for a week, come back and see who rang or texted you in that time, they're your true friends. "

But they're all in India. In a call centre

Put your phone in a drawer, leave it there for a week, come back and see who rang or texted you in that time, they're your true friends.

But they're all in India. In a call centre "

Put your phone in a drawer, leave it there for a week, come back and see who rang or texted you in that time, they're your true friends. "

Never done that tbh.. i don't need my friends to keep in contact with me. It's been stuck broke down or in a fix somewhere, that's when you need your friends. If i get a call from one of my friends, its either asking to come on the lash or help him out with something, never had a friend call me for a chat. If he did, the slagging would be epic.

By *hett and scarlettCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

They have traveled down a road and back again

Their heart is true, they’re a pal and a confidant.

But they're all in India. In a call centre

"

Ya ya ya...very funny... ..ye guys are naturally funny...cracking up here...LOVED the reply

Never done that tbh.. i don't need my friends to keep in contact with me. It's been stuck broke down or in a fix somewhere, that's when you need your friends. If i get a call from one of my friends, its either asking to come on the lash or help him out with something, never had a friend call me for a chat. If he did, the slagging would be epic."

Yup everything you say is true..absolutely but they're the ones that will also send ya a " hows it going " text.

By *ilverfox74Man  over a year ago

dublin offaly

"

This. I couldn’t have said it any better. A true friend will always be there and will know when something is wrong.

By *iscuits8Man  over a year ago

Dublin/Birmingham

"

All the years on here and I've never seen a FOTC reference... nice one!

All the years on here and I've never seen a FOTC reference... nice one! "

Bum, bum bum.

Bum, bum bum.

PING!!!

» Add a new message to this topic