One concert - other end of the scale

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The one artist/band you never want to see (again), dead or alive

For me, Bob Dylan, passed his peak 40 years ago but just won't go away

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Garth Brooks. I do not understand how people can listen to such music. Obviously never saw him in concert. Evil stuff.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

UB40. Never a fan but went with a friend a couple of years ago. It was physically painful listening to them.

"Garth Brooks. I do not understand how people can listen to such music. Obviously never saw him in concert. Evil stuff. "

Apparently, based on ticket sales for concert's that never happened, about 400k Irish people would disagree, pmsl

L

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

[Removed by poster at 28/07/21 11:04:59]

Lucan

Shakin' Stevens.

I was persuaded to go and see him back in the late eighties, not that long after he had gone off the scene. Christ he was insufferable. He complained about people who got up and danced in the aisles, people who stood at the edge of the stage, people who sang along. He lost his shit completely when a woman made it onto the stage and tried to get close to him. He threatened to cancel the concert if it happened again. I spent the rest of the night trying to get on the stage.

Belfast

"Shakin' Stevens.

I was persuaded to go and see him back in the late eighties, not that long after he had gone off the scene. Christ he was insufferable. He complained about people who got up and danced in the aisles, people who stood at the edge of the stage, people who sang along. He lost his shit completely when a woman made it onto the stage and tried to get close to him. He threatened to cancel the concert if it happened again. I spent the rest of the night trying to get on the stage. "

He took a camera off a photographer in Ballymena one night a few years ago

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Cat Stevens. Big fan!! Went to see him a couple of years ago and put a play on in the middle of his gig!!

Then to top it of he brought Ronan Keating out at the end. Never again!!

By *onedbodMan  over a year ago

co Galway

Never been but Westlife or Boyzone any of those corny handbag Louis Walsh groups or individuals! All the reunion talk Jeez just stop, the world is in a bad enough place as it is

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Garth Brooks. I do not understand how people can listen to such music. Obviously never saw him in concert. Evil stuff.

Apparently, based on ticket sales for concert's that never happened, about 400k Irish people would disagree, pmsl

L"

Wasn't it great that all concerts were all cancelled!

Imagine you live near croke park and you've to listen to Garth for 4 nights in a row.

"Garth Brooks. I do not understand how people can listen to such music. Obviously never saw him in concert. Evil stuff.

Wasn't it great that all concerts were all cancelled!

Imagine you live near croke park and you've to listen to Garth for 4 nights in a row. "

Indeed, lol. I lived near Wembley stadium in late 80s and heard Michael Jackson for 7 nights

L

By *phrodite72Woman  over a year ago

dublin/galway

Madonna...most boring concert ever

Saw Amy Winehouse at a festival and she was out of it.

Not an enjoyable thing to see. Not so much the artist but the situation I'd never want to see again

"The one artist/band you never want to see (again), dead or alive

For me, Bob Dylan, passed his peak 40 years ago but just won't go away"

Came here to post Bob Dylan.

Seen him back in 2008 or something. Worst gig I've ever been to.

Lucan

"Shakin' Stevens.

I was persuaded to go and see him back in the late eighties, not that long after he had gone off the scene. Christ he was insufferable. He complained about people who got up and danced in the aisles, people who stood at the edge of the stage, people who sang along. He lost his shit completely when a woman made it onto the stage and tried to get close to him. He threatened to cancel the concert if it happened again. I spent the rest of the night trying to get on the stage.

He took a camera off a photographer in Ballymena one night a few years ago"

I remember that. He has a bit of a temper, it would seem.

Seen him back in 2008 or something. Worst gig I've ever been to."

It's like visiting an elderly relative in a nursing home and having to pretend not to notice the demented one in the corner mumbling incoherently to themselves

Cant lie...any of the gigs l've went to were ones that l wanted to go see but sometimes you cant do anything about the support acts but the main act were ones ld always want to see but would draw the line at going to see those boys bands that a certain guy manufactured and exploited so many people into buying the songs that they took from other artists ..certainly not for me...even if it ment l was gonna get the most toe curling ..ear twitching BJ l ever got in my life...is that selfish

Seen him back in 2008 or something. Worst gig I've ever been to.

It's like visiting an elderly relative in a nursing home and having to pretend not to notice the demented one in the corner mumbling incoherently to themselves"

Perfect description! Plus, he didn't achnowledge the croud or speak to them once, or even sing anything I'd ever heard before.

Rubbish

By *oxyvixen99Woman  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

Madonna

By *ilderMan  over a year ago

dublin

Oasis! Had to see them as main support for REM in Slane in the Mid 90s... Utter muck, never understood their popularity then or now.

Incidentally I wasn't even a big REM fan as I was a 'plus 1', they put on a fantastic show though. My first of several trips to Slane.

By *nquisitive ladyWoman  over a year ago

meath

Britney Spears.

dublin

Apparently, based on ticket sales for concert's that never happened, 400k Irish people would disagree, pmsl

L"

That doesn't make it good though there's probably a good 400k smokers here too, I wouldn't want to be one of them either plus I guess many of those people had tickets for several of the 5 nights so it was never 400k people. 300k at most is my guess. Hopefully their taste has returned since.

By *ouple 0073Couple  over a year ago

donegal

Apparently, based on ticket sales for concert's that never happened, 400k Irish people would disagree, pmsl

L

That doesn't make it good though there's probably a good 400k smokers here too, I wouldn't want to be one of them either plus I guess many of those people had tickets for several of the 5 nights so it was never 400k people. 300k at most is my guess. Hopefully their taste has returned since. "

pretty impressive none the less x

"Britney Spears. "

I've never been to Britney but hit me baby one more time....hell yeah.

It's good be U2 though for me. I'm not a fan nor never was. Their earlier stuff was OK but the shite they've realised over the past 10+ years has been god awful. Bring back Britney all is forgiven

"Oasis! Had to see them as main support for REM in Slane in the Mid 90s... Utter muck, never understood their popularity then or now.

Incidentally I wasn't even a big REM fan as I was a 'plus 1', they put on a fantastic show though. My first of several trips to Slane. "

I saw Oasis when they headlined Slane and they were trash, they were supprted by The Prodigy and Kasabian who were both fantastic.

meath

"Britney Spears.

It's good be U2 though for me. I'm not a fan nor never was. Their earlier stuff was OK but the shite they've realised over the past 10+ years has been god awful. Bring back Britney all is forgiven"

So Tex you like a little bit Of Britney

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

Boyzone or the like. Actually pretty much any music out in the last few years. Manufactured bullcrap

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

"Britney Spears.

It's good be U2 though for me. I'm not a fan nor never was. Their earlier stuff was OK but the shite they've realised over the past 10+ years has been god awful. Bring back Britney all is forgiven"

I dressed up as britney spears the last day of secondary school. Pink fur in the hair and all. I dont know what the fuck i was thinking

meath

"Oasis! Had to see them as main support for REM in Slane in the Mid 90s... Utter muck, never understood their popularity then or now.

Incidentally I wasn't even a big REM fan as I was a 'plus 1', they put on a fantastic show though. My first of several trips to Slane.

I saw Oasis when they headlined Slane and they were trash, they were supprted by The Prodigy and Kasabian who were both fantastic.

"

Saw Oasis in Landsdown Road and they didn't impress me either when live. Though I love their music.

dublin

"

I saw the prodigy a few times in the 90s, a great act live and otherwise. I never saw kasabian live but I bet they would beat oasis alright

"Britney Spears.

It's good be U2 though for me. I'm not a fan nor never was. Their earlier stuff was OK but the shite they've realised over the past 10+ years has been god awful. Bring back Britney all is forgiven

So Tex you like a little bit Of Britney "

Ah come on now.... poor Britney

Can't deny her hotness in fairness

meath

"Britney Spears.

So Tex you like a little bit Of Britney

Ah come on now.... poor Britney

Can't deny her hotness in fairness"

She's hot alright..

dublin

Saw Oasis in Landsdown Road and they didn't impress me either when live. Though I love their music. "

I suspect Noel Gallagher and his high flying birds would put on a better live show.

You couldn't pay me to attend a Bruce Springsteen gig.

Im sure he is great, but the thoughts of standing and listening to the same dude sing songs for upwards of 4 hours sounds like hell on earth.

By *aywhatnowMan  over a year ago

North County

Any Gig involved a so called DJ, pressing play on a lap top is not performing.

By *3nsesMan  over a year ago

Dublin

U2 for me too. Don't like their music but even worse would be having to listen to Bono pontificating for hours to massage his own ego.

By *aywhatnowMan  over a year ago

North County

"Cat Stevens. Big fan!! Went to see him a couple of years ago and put a play on in the middle of his gig!!

Then to top it of he brought Ronan Keating out at the end. Never again!!"

L"

Not so sure he'd get the same ticket sales now, after he threw his toys out of the pram...I did buy, but wouldn't now

dublin

"You couldn't pay me to attend a Bruce Springsteen gig.

Im sure he is great, but the thoughts of standing and listening to the same dude sing songs for upwards of 4 hours sounds like hell on earth. "

100% agree. Less is more

By *ouple 0073Couple  over a year ago

donegal

Im sure he is great, but the thoughts of standing and listening to the same dude sing songs for upwards of 4 hours sounds like hell on earth. "

ahh that's sacrilege.. Yer goin to hell me boyo x

Saw Oasis in Landsdown Road and they didn't impress me either when live. Though I love their music.

I suspect Noel Gallagher and his high flying birds would put on a better live show."

Ive seen them too and yeah they were much better.

I suspect Noel Gallagher and his high flying birds would put on a better live show.

Ive seen them too and yeah they were much better. "

Seen Oasis loads of times!! Best was Shane just before they broke up with the prodigy and Kasabian.

Seen Oasis loads of times!! Best was Shane just before they broke up with the prodigy and Kasabian."

Who's Shane, i must have been in the jacks when he was on

For me, Bob Dylan, passed his peak 40 years ago but just won't go away"

Van Morrison - he looked bored and soulless.

Belfast

Van Morrison - he looked bored and soulless. "

He's dangerous

dublin

Seen Oasis loads of times!! Best was Shane just before they broke up with the prodigy and Kasabian.

Who's Shane, i must have been in the jacks when he was on "

He's the lesser known Gallagher brother, plays a great banjo

By *enguin1Man  over a year ago

The sticks

Incidentally I wasn't even a big REM fan as I was a 'plus 1', they put on a fantastic show though. My first of several trips to Slane. "

REM were class that day, Liam Gallagher walked off the stage at one point as someone threw a bottle up at them.....long walk back out the Dublin road to the buses that night

By *ublinguy99Man  over a year ago

Dublin South

ZZ Top in the SFX in Dublin early 80s, played for 40 minutes and walked off, tossers

Dublin South

"Cat Stevens. Big fan!! Went to see him a couple of years ago and put a play on in the middle of his gig!!

Then to top it of he brought Ronan Keating out at the end. Never again!! "

Heard that was a bad one alright

Dublin South

In fairness to Liam, his concert in the 3Arena last year was one of the best Ive been at

Van Morrison - he looked bored and soulless. "

I've seen both together in Wembley Arena, only good thing about the gig was that I got in for nothing

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

I’ve only been to one concert and only because some friends had a spare ticket. It was for the Stone Roses in Killarney and my friends said they were terrible.

By *ranco82Man  over a year ago

belfast

Worst post ever!

"Worst post ever!"

Never heard of them

By *rishguy81Man  over a year ago

South Dublin

Missed the Beastie Boys at Electric Picnic

Van Morrison - he looked bored and soulless.

I've seen both together in Wembley Arena, only good thing about the gig was that I got in for nothing "

I hope you had a deck chair to fall asleep in too lol

dublin

REM were class that day, Liam Gallagher walked off the stage at one point as someone threw a bottle up at them.....long walk back out the Dublin road to the buses that night "

Yes and my memory of the buses was there was little or no street lighting so you were following voices and a line of buses to get to the front one to be let on

Who's Shane, i must have been in the jacks when he was on "

Slane.

Who's Shane, i must have been in the jacks when he was on

He's the lesser known Gallagher brother, plays a great banjo "

Think he is on here too!!

Dublin South

"Garth Brooks. I do not understand how people can listen to such music. Obviously never saw him in concert. Evil stuff. "

so true

By *ateniteCouple  over a year ago

Youghal

U2, had free tickets and a hotel to see them in Croke Park. Gave the tickets and hotel away.

Elbow, insufferable. Can't listen to them on the radio, had to endure them at Slane a few years ago...vomit inducing.

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

Kaleo.

Love the albums and play them loud a lot.

Went to see them in Dublin and there's more personality in cardboard!

No banter, no chat, no introduction or stories about the songs.

Luckily support band were half decent but very disappointed by a band that write such great songs and have great videos (inside a volcano!) to boot

Bob Marley in dalymount pk please what a night magic

dublin

"Bob Marley in dalymount pk please what a night magic "

That was a great gig for a 9 year old

dublin

"Bob Marley in dalymount pk please what a night magic

That was a great gig for a 9 year old "

Lucky you!

Was 16 at the time no 1 age on here is exact great gig do

Simply Red at Wembley arena, couldnt believe how awful they were. We left after an hour with lots of other people.

By *ivmacMan  over a year ago

Castlebar

Shane McGowan peaked years ago but yet it feels like RTE bring him out out every now and again for the views. He was great back in his prime, but I went to one of his Christmas gigs a few years ago, he was a terrible mess, sad really.

"Britney Spears. "

Britney was pretty bad alright...

My most disappointing though was Paolo Nutini, I had been dying to see him live for ages. He also seemed pretty out of it. A friend of mine who worked with someone who knew him said he's a heroin addict. Made me sad

STOPPPPPPPPP

Madonna at slane

By *atherjackhackettMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

Seen my share of concerts but the only one that bored me to tears was David Gray in Dublin around 2005. We left before it finished.

By *unlovingcouplehereCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

Not a Garth Brooks fan but was working at his last concert in crime park. He is a great performer and entertainer for the crowd and interacts brilliantly with them. Even came back out when most people left the last night to make it a more intimate crowd and paid the fines for the late play.

For the show alone I would go to it

By *iscuits8Man  over a year ago

Meath/Dublin/Birmingham

Kaiser Chiefs. Put up with them because they were on a festival line up before a band I was there to see. Utter tripe, jaysus.

"Kaiser Chiefs. Put up with them because they were on a festival line up before a band I was there to see. Utter tripe, jaysus."

Lead singer is insanely annoying!

Dunboyne

Went to Slane when Bryan Adams headlined.

Unfortunately for him, Moby was support.

Wasn't really into Moby but for occasionally liking one or two songs.

Let's just say he knocked it out of the park. Absolutely brilliant! Much heavier than the records and can play anything. Will pay to see him again.

Bryan Adams came on and we left after 4 songs of formulaic shite

Myself lol.

Played in a pub band in my twenty's. Thought we'd be the next bon Jovi until I saw us years later on a VCR tape a friend recorded.

Lucky escape the world ??

Dunboyne

"Myself lol.

Played in a pub band in my twenty's. Thought we'd be the next bon Jovi until I saw us years later on a VCR tape a friend recorded.

Lucky escape the world ??"

Honest and

"Myself lol.

Lucky escape the world ??

Honest and "

Broke our 5 fans hearts when we called it a day lol.

Who were our girlfriend's at the time haha

By *he James gangCouple  over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

Adele, like a funeral without a body. At most, the concert produced a 'gentle sway' from the crowd!

NEWTOWNABBEY

[Removed by poster at 31/07/21 01:37:52]

NEWTOWNABBEY

Im sure he is great, but the thoughts of standing and listening to the same dude sing songs for upwards of 4 hours sounds like hell on earth.

STOPPPPPPPPP "

Best live concert ever, seen him 6 times!

By *eminexWoman  over a year ago

some where in outer space

Few have said it but Madonna ...slane brutal

NEWTOWNABBEY

Deep purple trying to follow lynyrd skynyrd, tragic! The crowd left in their droves.

Dunboyne

"Adele, like a funeral without a body. At most, the concert produced a 'gentle sway' from the crowd!"

Really?

Cos her Glastonbury gig was A1

By *athybCouple  over a year ago

Athlone

"Shakin' Stevens.

I was persuaded to go and see him back in the late eighties, not that long after he had gone off the scene. Christ he was insufferable. He complained about people who got up and danced in the aisles, people who stood at the edge of the stage, people who sang along. He lost his shit completely when a woman made it onto the stage and tried to get close to him. He threatened to cancel the concert if it happened again. I spent the rest of the night trying to get on the stage. "

By *asual777Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

Ian Brown. Will probably spend the whole concert slagging off Bill Gates

» Add a new message to this topic