FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Unhinged

Unhinged

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/07/21 17:22:56]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Is it just me or do you find a lot of people on here to be deeply disturbed or just not right, when you get to know them a bit more.? What is it, do you think that attracts emotionally unstable folk to this type of website? I have met some fantastic people here, but have also run across absolute lunatics and headwreckers... Is it only me?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would agree

Many seriously interesting case studies here

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

And that's just the women

By *herry...Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

Imagine if you started trying to figure out the men

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

There's all sorts on here just like in life outside of here . Most I speak to are pretty normal decent people but I have come across a few who are well highly strung and seem to use fab as a way to gain popularity and get noticed. But I guess everyone has their reasons for being here and if that is their thing then fair enough.

Just because what others are looking for or I don't like their attitude would not lead me to think they are disturbed if I'm honest. They are just people I have no interest in interacting with .

Which I guess is what makes the site work because what doesn't interest me will interest others.

Next you're going to try and convince us the world is not flat

Each to their own and Bo makes a very valid point that everyone has their reason. Most of the ppl I've been speaking to have been very nice indeed and I'd gladly sit and shoot the breeze with.

By *quinnMan  over a year ago

Limerick

I think its relatively comparible to other walks of life. Some good, some not so good but fab maybe has just a few more of the type you'd cross the road to avoid

Being fucked up is part of the human condition

By *phrodite72Woman  over a year ago

dublin/galway

We are all just looking for someone whose demons dance well with our own

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

I think some people allow their unhinged side a bit more free rein here as it’s fairly anonymous with no consequences

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

"I think some people allow their unhinged side a bit more free rein here as it’s fairly anonymous with no consequences "

My thoughts exactly

By *3nsesMan  over a year ago

Dublin

I haven't noticed this place being any worse than Facebook or Twitter for unhinged characters.

"I think some people allow their unhinged side a bit more free rein here as it’s fairly anonymous with no consequences "

I get that, but im talking about after you meet them in person, and bit by bit you discover they are unstable/a lunatic/certifiable etc

By *asual777Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

We all have the ‘not giving a fuck’ fantasy especially if we live outwardly societally normal lives. This site can allow conversations and possibly actions that tap into that unhinged world before returning to normality

"I think some people allow their unhinged side a bit more free rein here as it’s fairly anonymous with no consequences

I get that, but im talking about after you meet them in person, and bit by bit you discover they are unstable/a lunatic/certifiable etc"

If you don't see what they are like after the first meet like you say, i would check yourself tbh, look out for body language, cues, responses, sudden outbursts for no apparent reason etc etc..

By *3nsesMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"I think some people allow their unhinged side a bit more free rein here as it’s fairly anonymous with no consequences

I get that, but im talking about after you meet them in person, and bit by bit you discover they are unstable/a lunatic/certifiable etc

If you don't see what they are like after the first meet like you say, i would check yourself tbh, look out for body language, cues, responses, sudden outbursts for no apparent reason etc etc.. "

Could just be tourettes tbf.

"We all have the ‘not giving a fuck’ fantasy "

No we don't

It's all a matter of perspective. I pay my bills (eventually), I've driven for thirty years and never got so much as a speeding ticket, I've never been in jail, I don't have any history of mental health issues, I generally treat my fellow humans with kindness and respect, unless they give me a reason not to, I'm for the ethical treatment of animals, so I have never attended a horse racing or greyhound racing event, I'm on good terms with my neighbours,

But a woman I met on an online site who has a long history of psychiatric disorders, and multiple admissions to the loony bin for self-harming and general psychotic behaviour is convinced I am a wild n crazy guy.

Maybe she is right

"It's all a matter of perspective. I pay my bills (eventually), I've driven for thirty years and never got so much as a speeding ticket, I've never been in jail, I don't have any history of mental health issues, I generally treat my fellow humans with kindness and respect, unless they give me a reason not to, I'm for the ethical treatment of animals, so I have never attended a horse racing or greyhound racing event, I'm on good terms with my neighbours,

But a woman I met on an online site who has a long history of psychiatric disorders, and multiple admissions to the loony bin for self-harming and general psychotic behaviour is convinced I am a wild n crazy guy.

Maybe she is right

"

Yeah, i see where your coming from there, perhaps i am the female version of you!

If you don't see what they are like after the first meet like you say, i would check yourself tbh, look out for body language, cues, responses, sudden outbursts for no apparent reason etc etc.. "

thats good advice actually

Just remember not everyone deals with situations or emotions rationally. Some try their best and sometimes get overloaded leading to uncomfortable situations.

If you don't see what they are like after the first meet like you say, i would check yourself tbh, look out for body language, cues, responses, sudden outbursts for no apparent reason etc etc..

Could just be tourettes tbf. "

Could be you fu@$er

Belfast

"We all have the ‘not giving a fuck’ fantasy

No we don't"

Eh no we definitely don't.

"We all have the ‘not giving a fuck’ fantasy

No we don't

Eh no we definitely don't.

"

I most certainly don't.

i travel all over

Ok , some do !

The point is you can compartmentalise . Come across as unconventional on fab whilst being very conventional

By *OCONO5Couple  over a year ago

Sensual Center

lots that you meet away from fab who are the same ..the good ..the bad and the others

By *lameBoyMan  over a year ago

Enfield & Dublin

I fully agree with you here. Fabbers are probably more tolerant people and it’s easier to open up completely in a community like this. Most Inhibitions are left at the login page.

"We are all just looking for someone whose demons dance well with our own "

Nice analogy

By *amson4DelilahCouple  over a year ago

ballina

Love that

"

Is it just me or do you find a lot of people on here to be deeply disturbed or just not right, when you get to know them a bit more.? What is it, do you think that attracts emotionally unstable folk to this type of website? I have met some fantastic people here, but have also run across absolute lunatics and headwreckers... Is it only me? "

Agree with you completely OP. There are some beautiful ,friendly and kind souls here. And a lot not so friendly

Personally speaking, the term “Unhinged” can encompass a multitude of psychiatric disorders.

Due to the sites anonymity , i find It can be a Narcissist’s playground.

With some people ( of both sexes) unwilling to abide by their norms which they do in real life.

This can involve a number of different issues inc:

Constant need for validation - through pics, and even trying to meet with people they’ve previously been bad mouthing.

Examples include to get invites to parties / socials etc.

And people believing all the nonsense they are told, in order for another to fuck them.

Also people wirh families and kids posting full face pics while having sex - is completely unhinged behaviour in my view.. And extremely high risk for all concerned .

Also I’ve heard of horrible cases of bullying arising, and jealousy manifesting itself over people meeting others.

And the amount of gossiping and S@it stirring some people do on FAB seems off the scale.

Again unhinged behaviour.

Bottom line for me =FAB is not reality. Stick to that and I think all is ok.

Enfield & Dublin

When my psycho the rapist asked did I not see the red flags, my reply was that I thought it was a carnival.

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Old bog road

I get that, but im talking about after you meet them in person, and bit by bit you discover they are unstable/a lunatic/certifiable etc"

Ive never met the lunatic fringe on here. All my meets have been grand. But i spot them on the forum,and wisely stay clear.. Now, the silent lurkers, they're the dangerous ones.

By *ardyboy54321Man  over a year ago

Fermanagh

Fabs full of them

By *phrodite72Woman  over a year ago

dublin/galway

"

Is it just me or do you find a lot of people on here to be deeply disturbed or just not right, when you get to know them a bit more.? What is it, do you think that attracts emotionally unstable folk to this type of website? I have met some fantastic people here, but have also run across absolute lunatics and headwreckers... Is it only me?

Agree with you completely OP. There are some beautiful ,friendly and kind souls here. And a lot not so friendly

Personally speaking, the term “Unhinged” can encompass a multitude of psychiatric disorders.

With some people ( of both sexes) unwilling to abide by their norms which they do in real life.

Constant need for validation - through pics, and even trying to meet with people they’ve previously been bad mouthing.

And people believing all the nonsense they are told, in order for another to fuck them.

Also people wirh families and kids posting full face pics while having sex - is completely unhinged behaviour in my view.. And extremely high risk for all concerned .

Also I’ve heard of horrible cases of bullying arising, and jealousy manifesting itself over people meeting others.

And the amount of gossiping and S@it stirring some people do on FAB seems off the scale.

"

"When my psycho the rapist asked did I not see the red flags, my reply was that I thought it was a carnival. "

Very cryptic or did you unfortunately have a bad experience on Fab???

Ive never met the lunatic fringe on here. All my meets have been grand. But i spot them on the forum,and wisely stay clear.. Now, the silent lurkers, they're the dangerous ones. "

Belfast

"

"

And just to clarify.... Reality is not fab either

"

And just to clarify.... Reality is not fab either "

Touché

[Removed by poster at 30/07/21 21:34:44]

"Reality is not fab either" - ah you are

Enfield & Dublin

"When my psycho the rapist asked did I not see the red flags, my reply was that I thought it was a carnival.

"

Thankfully I have only had wonderful experiences on fab. I’m loving my journey here.

"When my psycho the rapist asked did I not see the red flags, my reply was that I thought it was a carnival.

Thankfully I have only had wonderful experiences on fab. I’m loving my journey here. "

Give it time... you're only here a short time

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Is it just me or do you find a lot of people on here to be deeply disturbed or just not right, when you get to know them a bit more.? What is it, do you think that attracts emotionally unstable folk to this type of website? I have met some fantastic people here, but have also run across absolute lunatics and headwreckers... Is it only me? "

The only other place with more freaks / weirdos and outright bell-ends is fucking E Bay

Thankfully I have only had wonderful experiences on fab. I’m loving my journey here. "

Brilliant to hear- long may it last

By *eterdunneMan  over a year ago

leixlip

"I would agree

Many seriously interesting case studies here"

There are a lot of split personalities on here.....I disagree with that......I think he's right.....what would you know? You're as useful as a fluffy dildo

Very informative and entertaining thread. Quality of contributions is much higher than it used to be.

"Very informative and entertaining thread. Quality of contributions is much higher than it used to be."

Is it?

I beg to differ

By *oxie2021Man  over a year ago

Dublin

"Next you're going to try and convince us the world is not flat "

Shouldn’t an ‘Across the world’ cost a lot less than an ‘Around the world’ trip…

"Very informative and entertaining thread. Quality of contributions is much higher than it used to be.

Is it?

I beg to differ "

Differ away. Your entitlement. Have been here on and off over the years and think quality of many posts these days is excellent, intelligent, well thought out and entertaining.

"Very informative and entertaining thread. Quality of contributions is much higher than it used to be.

Is it?

I beg to differ

Differ away. Your entitlement. Have been here on and off over the years and think quality of many posts these days is excellent, intelligent, well thought out and entertaining. "

I've been around here many years and the forums have never been so dull as they are now. Intelligent and entertaining are not words I would use

I'm older and more experienced

Is it?

I beg to differ

Differ away. Your entitlement. Have been here on and off over the years and think quality of many posts these days is excellent, intelligent, well thought out and entertaining.

I've been around here many years and the forums have never been so dull as they are now. Intelligent and entertaining are not words I would use "

Actually. Now that I am sobering up. You are right. It's just way too serious and silly nowadays. Was much better fun when the likes of the lovely Ash and others were about. Much more fun and laughs.

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

Love this

Don't think I have any demons though, which is probably part of the reason I need 10pts before I think I'm not a crap dancer

In fairness, it usually takes 10pts before they start playing Faithless/AC%DC

i travel all over

Sounds like the discussions were of a very high calibre in days gone by if they’re better than the current ones. There are a good number of people on here currently who seem to know their stuff. No shortage of academic or emotional intelligence as far as I can see. The odd thread might be a bit Silly but I think there is also a need to stay away from the super heavy stuff sometimes

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

I'm not sure. I do think that we talk a lot about edge-issues and ponder the grey and the margins as well as the emotive and the binary issues. Online debate and discussion is great for inspiring thought in these areas and making someone think about their own code and principles, as well as challenging others to do the same.

Unfortunately this means that people (myself included) end up regulaely sharing thoughts on difficult topics that are brought up more often than in real-life. This may make it seem like folks are 'unhinged when in fact they are simply responding to questions asked in a thoughtful way. It's just that the more difficult philosophical and moral questions are asked here more than in real life - and that's a "good thing"

Belfast

One person's unhinged is somebody else's normal.

What the op is taking about is usually just the mask slipping and their true personality appearing.

The nice guy who said everything you wanted to hear yesterday does a 180 and isn't so lovely today.

Or the sex kitten who is so amazingly stunning and is what fab is all about suddenly isn't any of the above.

As with everything on this site communication is key especially before any meet.

That reduces the chances of meeting people you aren't compatible with but it's always best done without the rose tinted glasses.

By *adyandthetramp20Couple  over a year ago

carry on camping

We must be lucky, 99% of people we have met are absolutely lovely. It's mainly the people we haven't met that we have had the most trouble with.

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

Thank fook i am normal

"Thank fook i am normal "
as normal as me

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Thank fook i am normal as normal as me"

By *oncupiscent_dreamMan  over a year ago

City

Online has always attracted groomers and dangerous people, to prey on people who find it hard to make friends locally.

It's only recently in the past few years, with Facebook etc, and the collapse of local communities across Ireland makeing it impossible to make friends locally where normal people have out numbererd the loons.

This site probably has less lunatics than others, as a lot of normal people with healthy social lives etc might join cause it's not possible to look for a 3some down the local.

If you're worried about it, just look into people more before meeting. Follow the old rules of meeting, in public places with people you trust aware etc.

Avoid parties till you can go with someone you trust, avoid people looking to use you to get an invite, avoid writing a glowing Veri for someone you met for 5 mins in a cafe just wrote that they are real and looked like photo.

Remember, you don't have to get everything done in a night. you can afford to wait around to pick and choose who to play with. Even if you're a single male you can wait.

By *vpamelaTV/TS  over a year ago

kinkville

I'm only here for the crazy peeps

» Add a new message to this topic