FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > A 5 star thread

A 5 star thread

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asual777 OP   Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

Tell us about nice hotels you’ve stayed in . A good few here but the service in bellagio, Vegas was something else

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Never stayed in a 5 star hotel, nicest I have stayed here was the Hudson Bay on athlone

i travel all over

"Never stayed in a 5 star hotel, nicest I have stayed here was the Hudson Bay on athlone"

I like the wine port but don’t know Hudson . I think they’re near each other

By *inxnmasterCouple  over a year ago

naughty valley

The Hilton in Berlin is a place to indulge luxury , with view over the Gendarmenmarkt . The Hilton in London was rather disappointing

The Steigenberger at the Berlin Central Station has beautiful , lavish suites, perfect for naughty playtime .

Powers Court in Wicklow is for us our local benchmark of what 5 Star quality should be . The Maryborough in Cork has lost a bit of its glamor .

In New Dheli I resided in a 5star Clarion, South of the posh Sakhet quarter, can only recommend it .

In the Netherlands a 5 star hotel is a waste of money, you are better off staying in a Van Der Valk for half the price . They offer beautiful suites, designed for couples getaway weekends . There is one 5 star exception in NL, the Bilderberg hotel near Venlo. It’s situated in an old castle and you feel like royals when residing there

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Never stayed in a 5 star and the only 4 star I've ever stayed in was the Luxor in Vegas. Can't comment on the service though as there was none. Just a room.

I stayed in The Parknasilla Hotel in Killarney years ago. I felt like a queen they had everything, snooker room, hot tubs, huge gardens. Sorbet between courses and a trillion pieces of cutlery!

Unforgettable.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

The ones abroad are usually for work and booked for conferences so you don't get time to enjoy except for

In Ireland The K Club was a massive disappointment...staff had a bad attitude towards us and got a crap room that they couldn't move us from as they were full

Turned out they weren't so I'd never stay there again

The Ritz Carlton as it was then ( now The Powerscourt Hotel )is the nicest 5 star I've stayed in within Ireland.

The staff are great,rooms are fabulous ,the pool and spa are just right and the food was gorgeous

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"The ones abroad are usually for work and booked for conferences so you don't get time to enjoy except for

In Ireland The K Club was a massive disappointment...staff had a bad attitude towards us and got a crap room that they couldn't move us from as they were full

The Ritz Carlton as it was then ( now The Powerscourt Hotel )is the nicest 5 star I've stayed in within Ireland.

The staff are great,rooms are fabulous ,the pool and spa are just right and the food was gorgeous

"

Friends of mine stayed in the powerscourt one just after it opened. When they got to their room there was no bed. They tried calling reception but the phone didn't work so they headed back down with their bags. They were given keys to a different room but when they got there there was a bed but no bedclothes and nothing else in the room, no TV, no electricity, no lockers, no plumbing, and yet again no phone. Back to reception they went and got keys for a third room. It had a load of builder's equipment piled on the floor where the bed was supposed to be.

Room number four was spectacular though. They were given a voucher for the restaurant as an apology so they were happy in the end.

i travel all over

"The ones abroad are usually for work and booked for conferences so you don't get time to enjoy except for

Friends of mine stayed in the powerscourt one just after it opened. When they got to their room there was no bed. They tried calling reception but the phone didn't work so they headed back down with their bags. They were given keys to a different room but when they got there there was a bed but no bedclothes and nothing else in the room, no TV, no electricity, no lockers, no plumbing, and yet again no phone. Back to reception they went and got keys for a third room. It had a load of builder's equipment piled on the floor where the bed was supposed to be.

Room number four was spectacular though. They were given a voucher for the restaurant as an apology so they were happy in the end. "

That’s extraordinary

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

The Fairmont Chateau lake Louise Alberta Canada...

During the summe there's all types of watetsports (none sexual for you durty minded) and fabulous walks around the lake, during the winter the lake is frozen and they build an ice castle with an outdoor ice bar on the lake...

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Old bog road

I've stayed in 5* hotels in Geneva, but didn't enjoy the experience. Lush surroundings, but aloof staff, over polite, silence in bar and restaurant. I spent the winter evenings in an irish bar in the city, great craic and banter with complete strangers, and roaring fire.

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

Room number four was spectacular though. They were given a voucher for the restaurant as an apology so they were happy in the end.

That’s extraordinary "

It was either the first weekend they opened or a few days later. They had a good few teething problems. Quite a few rooms had no curtains either so reception was busy.

By *aywhatnowMan  over a year ago

North County

The Shelbourne is class, great bars, rooms are small but only in them a while as it was 2 weddings when stayed.

The Merrion is excellent too.

Lyrath in Kilkenny is lovely and had a snooker table in a games room just off the bar

i travel all over

"The Shelbourne is class, great bars, rooms are small but only in them a while as it was 2 weddings when stayed.

The Merrion is excellent too.

Lyrath in Kilkenny is lovely and had a snooker table in a games room just off the bar "

The Lyrath chandelier is just ludicrous

I've stayed in The Fitzwilliam in Belfast...very nice but nothing spectacular.

The Fairmont Hamilton Princess in Bermuda though, that was something else. Absolutely beautiful, and in the most gorgeous location.

By *eepixieWoman  over a year ago

belfast

Stayed in the marker last year, it’s beautiful. Customer service is excellent, restaurant was so good. Would love to go back there

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I've never stayed in a five star hotel. Who knows maybe one day .

i travel all over

"I've never stayed in a five star hotel. Who knows maybe one day ."

I have to say on reflection the title is misleading and a little excluding . I was hoping to hear about nice places people have stayed at . There can be very little difference between 4 and 5 for example . Who cares about size of a meeting/boardroom, or number of carparks for example ?

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"I've never stayed in a five star hotel. Who knows maybe one day .

I have to say on reflection the title is misleading and a little excluding . I was hoping to hear about nice places people have stayed at . There can be very little difference between 4 and 5 for example . Who cares about size of a meeting/boardroom, or number of carparks for example ? "

Even a 4 star can be excluding for many

By *d 11Man  over a year ago

longford

Ashford Castle

Class joint

In Ireland, Powerscourt and think the G was one, both great suites and excellent meals

» Add a new message to this topic