FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > League of Ireland

League of Ireland

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi Folks,

Massive Derry City fan here and thought why not come to the forums and see if there is any other LOI supporters out there! Who is your team?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *1CorkCouple  over a year ago

Cork

Cathair Chorcaí

By *ORDERMANMan  over a year ago

wrexham

Follow it from uk...

Fellow candystripe, dated a derry woman...

By *onegal82Man  over a year ago

letterkenny/Belfast

I'd follow harps a bit. Keep eye out and,used go odd game

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Come on tá Town

By *un man 13Man  over a year ago

sligo

Sligo rovers always got a great reception for the Randy brandywell

"Sligo rovers always got a great reception for the Randy brandywell"

Aye there's a good relationship between the fans, I love heading to the showgrounds, one of the best away days if not the best. Hope we catch yous this year but lol

By *ind PaddyMan  over a year ago

South County Dublin

Shelbourne hope when we go up again we stay up

By *ebel_LionMan  over a year ago

cork

Cork City till I die......though the way things are going they may kill me

Cork

"Hi Folks,

Massive Derry City fan here and thought why not come to the forums and see if there is any other LOI supporters out there! Who is your team?"

Did you see ‘Different League’ doc on RTÉ? Very good. Is it fair to say that Derry are most liked rivals for any other LOI club supporter?

"Shelbourne hope when we go up again we stay up"

Flying to it this year and have always loved the shels games so look forward to them definitely

"Cork City till I die......though the way things are going they may kill me"

Nice one pal.. fairly took the drop though from European football and Cup to 1st division but that's life of a fan and joys of local football but that's what it's all about supporting your local team.

South County Dublin

It is a while since we played in Derry

"It is a while since we played in Derry"

End of last year we played yous in Brandy beat yous 2-0 but think shels were down already

Hoops fan here, big LOI fan in general

"Hoops fan here, big LOI fan in general "

I like your still pal, LOI and local team should always be no.1 priority in my opinion instead of sitting watching utd etc on TV as your first team. Doesn't make sense to me. Local team should come first always. RAWA

wrexham

"Come on tá Town "

That be either Athlone or Lontford,

By *outhboyMan  over a year ago

derry

Galway United

Bohs

I'd always tune into to watch LOI games when l can and have also travelled to see games when l can , l don't have any favourite team l follow but have seen a few different teams in action , Waterford & Cork are the two nearest teams where l live so travel there when possible.its good that fans are allowed back to these games again after Covid, and yes l do agree with OP that l think more soccer fans should go to the LOI or go support the local soccer leagues ,lm always amazed at how " fans " will go to the international games in Dublin, fly over to England to watch the premiership , post selfies of themselves there and wouldn't even be bothered to go support the local soccer team in their own town/ village or country parish ..unreal tbh .

South County Dublin

"It is a while since we played in Derry

End of last year we played yous in Brandy beat yous 2-0 but think shels were down already "

we are playing better football in 1st division so will be interesting to see how we get on in premier division did a good job on brandywell

"Cork City till I die......though the way things are going they may kill me"

Can we not....

Fabs supposed to be my escape from horrible real life events

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

Dundalk here.. Brutal season by all accounts will do well to stay up this season although great win against sligo on Friday.. Best football of the year so far.. Playing bohs tonight at home so it'll be interesting if they show up instead of going missing like they did all season...

"Bohs"

Hoping yous are beat tonight lol

"Dundalk here.. Brutal season by all accounts will do well to stay up this season although great win against sligo on Friday.. Best football of the year so far.. Playing bohs tonight at home so it'll be interesting if they show up instead of going missing like they did all season... "

Aye brutal season for your side and shocked to be honest but result on Friday worked in our favour and hope yous get 3 points tonight for us again, Micheal Duffy and Fats back to us aswell which is a bonus.. bad time to be a dundalk fan but hope yous get the result tonight pal

Galway United here. Looking forward to the play offs.

louth

"Dundalk here.. Brutal season by all accounts will do well to stay up this season although great win against sligo on Friday.. Best football of the year so far.. Playing bohs tonight at home so it'll be interesting if they show up instead of going missing like they did all season...

Aye brutal season for your side and shocked to be honest but result on Friday worked in our favour and hope yous get 3 points tonight for us again, Micheal Duffy and Fats back to us aswell which is a bonus.. bad time to be a dundalk fan but hope yous get the result tonight pal"

Duffy and mceleney will almost certainly be going back to Derry.. 2 cracking players and Derry will be lucky to have them.. Future is bleak for Dundalk.. The new owners destroyed the club.. They let a lot of existing players contracts expire and these were the guys who won title after title.. The new guys they brought in are on big money for loi standards but are poor performers only there to pick up their wages.. The new owners really haven't a clue about football.. The sooner they sell it on the better so Dundalk can start all over again but first division football is likely next season if they keep playing shite..

"Dundalk here.. Brutal season by all accounts will do well to stay up this season although great win against sligo on Friday.. Best football of the year so far.. Playing bohs tonight at home so it'll be interesting if they show up instead of going missing like they did all season...

Aye brutal season for your side and shocked to be honest but result on Friday worked in our favour and hope yous get 3 points tonight for us again, Micheal Duffy and Fats back to us aswell which is a bonus.. bad time to be a dundalk fan but hope yous get the result tonight pal

Duffy and mceleney will almost certainly be going back to Derry.. 2 cracking players and Derry will be lucky to have them.. Future is bleak for Dundalk.. The new owners destroyed the club.. They let a lot of existing players contracts expire and these were the guys who won title after title.. The new guys they brought in are on big money for loi standards but are poor performers only there to pick up their wages.. The new owners really haven't a clue about football.. The sooner they sell it on the better so Dundalk can start all over again but first division football is likely next season if they keep playing shite.. "

Duffy is 100% a derry player next year and to be honest I would say we would be one of the favourites for the league if we get another 2/3 top names in which I think we can do

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

My young lad plays LOI with Wexford FC

"My young lad plays LOI with Wexford FC "

At least he can't get relegated

Shamrock rovers... see you friday in tallaght

"Shamrock rovers... see you friday in tallaght "

Shocking by the club to be honest and can't understand why not but expect nothing else no offence. Hope Derry don't forget and do the same next year lol

What are we talking about? Im confused.. whats shocking

By *sa_curiousMan  over a year ago

Waterford

Waterford FC.

Come on the Blues.

"What are we talking about? Im confused.. whats shocking "

Rovers have not given Derry an allocation of Tickets for Friday nights game

louth

Duffy and mceleney will almost certainly be going back to Derry.. 2 cracking players and Derry will be lucky to have them.. Future is bleak for Dundalk.. The new owners destroyed the club.. They let a lot of existing players contracts expire and these were the guys who won title after title.. The new guys they brought in are on big money for loi standards but are poor performers only there to pick up their wages.. The new owners really haven't a clue about football.. The sooner they sell it on the better so Dundalk can start all over again but first division football is likely next season if they keep playing shite..

Duffy is 100% a derry player next year and to be honest I would say we would be one of the favourites for the league if we get another 2/3 top names in which I think we can do"

Would be good to see Derry win the league for a change.. They have great support not as good as Dundalk though

By *ackieMan  over a year ago

south

Do love the LOI. Some good football getting played these days in it. Hard sell for people due to RTE not covering much

South County Dublin

The soccer Republic show was very good

By *ebel_LionMan  over a year ago

cork

yeah its tough times at the moment....going to take a good bit of fixing though.... that doc on Derry was brilliant...what an amazing expression it is of the City

By *omtom1969Man  over a year ago

ashbourne

The super drogs

louth

Another great win for Dundalk.. Keep that up and they might avoid the drop..

By *adylover321Man  over a year ago

navan

Derry City would be Team I follow I LOI

"What are we talking about? Im confused.. whats shocking

Rovers have not given Derry an allocation of Tickets for Friday nights game"

I didnt actually know that. Poor form that is alright...

Cork

Would HT in Turners Cross appeal to anyone as a social meet time and location? Just wondering as we’ve not decided if it’s appropriate for us.

If we ever get promoted there’s the greater possibility of travelling supporters from fab to combine ‘a match and a meet’ night? No slight on fab first division fans, just wouldn’t expect many to travel for away games.

"Would HT in Turners Cross appeal to anyone as a social meet time and location? Just wondering as we’ve not decided if it’s appropriate for us.

If we ever get promoted there’s the greater possibility of travelling supporters from fab to combine ‘a match and a meet’ night? No slight on fab first division fans, just wouldn’t expect many to travel for away games."

Not sure if it's something I'd ever want to mix.

The crowds aren't that big that of it didnt go well or was awkward that you wouldnt be seeing them again at an activity that could be spoiled at bit

Cork

Probably right... one bad performance might ruin the sex! Not to mind a bad result.

By *der54Man  over a year ago

that one there

As an avid atfc supporter who does travel to away games I can't believe your dissing the barren wastelands of the first division

Cork

"As an avid atfc supporter who does travel to away games I can't believe your dissing the barren wastelands of the first division "

We can’t help it. We’re not that into pain ourselves, but we respect your preferences.

It's happening a lot, pats didn't give rovers tickets last Friday, bohs didn't give rovers tickets 3 weeks ago and rovers are not giving bohs tickets for 2 weeks time

"Do love the LOI. Some good football getting played these days in it. Hard sell for people due to RTE not covering much "

People who want to follow LOI shouldn't be relaying off RTE, they should be getting out to the games

With Duffy signed, if Derry get Georgie Kelly in next year which I heard strongly is done already and another 2/3 top names. We would be favourites for the league. The buzz is finally back in the city lads. RAWA

By *ongalMan  over a year ago

lucan

"With Duffy signed, if Derry get Georgie Kelly in next year which I heard strongly is done already and another 2/3 top names. We would be favourites for the league. The buzz is finally back in the city lads. RAWA

"

Shamrock Rovers fan here.

I think Derry are way been favourites for tge league. Rovers are well clear of everyone else

By *der54Man  over a year ago

that one there

"With Duffy signed, if Derry get Georgie Kelly in next year which I heard strongly is done already and another 2/3 top names. We would be favourites for the league. The buzz is finally back in the city lads. RAWA

"

Depends which Georgie Kelly ye get, great for us but last year at pats he was shocking

By *uriousVoyeurMan  over a year ago

Northside

Shels fan here...I reckon I know what a yo yo feels like at this stage!! Looks like we'll be back at the top table next season but I won't be putting money on it!!!

Finn Harps ???

"Finn Harps ???"

Bad words in my book pal, never liked them and never will

Haha can't help where ya were born buddy lol

By *uperchampMan  over a year ago

dublin

"Hi Folks,

Massive Derry City fan here and thought why not come to the forums and see if there is any other LOI supporters out there! Who is your team?"

Super saint

By *uperchampMan  over a year ago

dublin

"Do love the LOI. Some good football getting played these days in it. Hard sell for people due to RTE not covering much

People who want to follow LOI shouldn't be relaying off RTE, they should be getting out to the games"

south

"Do love the LOI. Some good football getting played these days in it. Hard sell for people due to RTE not covering much

People who want to follow LOI shouldn't be relaying off RTE, they should be getting out to the games"

I do agree 100% but we’ve had no supporters in grounds and RTE didn’t show much. I know LOI has done a bit but tbh RTE should have televised a lot more to get people to games when grounds open back up fully

louth

Isn't there an app where you can watch any loi game you want.. Its not free though..

south

"Isn't there an app where you can watch any loi game you want.. Its not free though.. "

LOI TV

RTE have the rights AFAIK

Derry didn't give rovers any tickets for their last meeting

By *olourpurpleMan  over a year ago

Waterford

I’m a Waterford fan. Things are looking up for us at the minute.

Localest team growing up was Kilkenny city so supported them but now I'm in Galway I've been taking the kids to Galway United games( when covid allows obviously), gotta support local too n it's good for kids to see some of the players & get to chat to them instead of just watching overseas footy

south

"I’m a Waterford fan. Things are looking up for us at the minute. "

Good win last week v Drogs

wrexham

Think every team may have been mentioned...

Any LSL, MSL or USL fans on here or even county junior league fans

south

"Think every team may have been mentioned...

Any LSL, MSL or USL fans on here or even county junior league fans"

LSL just as good as LOI D1

By *olourpurpleMan  over a year ago

Waterford

"I’m a Waterford fan. Things are looking up for us at the minute.

Good win last week v Drogs "

Indeed it was. It drags them back into the relegation battle as well. The team is playing well now with the summer additions well settled in.

south

"I’m a Waterford fan. Things are looking up for us at the minute.

Good win last week v Drogs

Indeed it was. It drags them back into the relegation battle as well. The team is playing well now with the summer additions well settled in. "

Sending off was massive as I think Drogs would have beat you

» Add a new message to this topic