FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > How do you get out of a funk

How do you get out of a funk

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andyman.snr OP   Man  over a year ago

leixlip

How do you get yourself out of the " everything pisses you off mood" , asking for a mate.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Talk to a friend, take time out and look after yourself. For me I've lear t yo be grateful for what I have and I've learnt there's things you cannot control and no point worrying about them.

There's a great diagram online look up "what I cam control poster" I find this so helpful

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Music is the answer for me. Lifts my mood.

Herself used a deep hot bath with candles and a glass of something sparkling

Either go for a walk with my head phones in or have sex usually works for me.

Jay

By *ara198Woman  over a year ago

maynooth

Sometimes you need to be in a funk. For a while. So I just go with the funk, then I say OK enough of that now and make the conscious decision to be grateful and happy and a good ride never goes astray.

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

What’s worked for me in the passed is some exercise Try doing something that occupies your mind and distracts from the funk. As others have said, try meet up with some friends.

If it’s work that’s causing it then take a few days off, I know that’s easier said than done but it can make a huge difference

By *erticalMan  over a year ago

where the streets have no name

every situation is different all just as dangerous tho. If drinking or drug using ? Quit asap and go talk to your doctor there is no hood reason not to. They have men and woman contacting them every day your not alone. But you are lucky, you have started on the road back by simply asking here. There is one thing for sure the further down you go the harder it is to get back up. Good luck fella i’ll run up to meet you if i can be of any help

I tend to go for a walk or just do some work on the current model I’m building at the time. It’s good to wind down doing something you enjoy.

By *asual777Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

The key is morning routine and planning it a day before . If you get up and feel shit it will dominate your day .

Get up , drag yourself out of bed , think of the good things in your life , meditate or do some yoga using YouTube , exercise , sleep well the next night , avoid booze and caffeine when feeling bad

Once I emailed a letter at the height of my melancholy to someone I valued whom I had a stop start rapport with . It’s very cathartic saying positive things about other people. And makes others feel great . Ultimately it’s human connection which will lift you out of this unless it’s so severe it needs professional help .

Hard to make a connection ? Volunteer . Do tidy towns. Join a walking group

My motorbikes are my way of getting away and clearing my head,I think of nothing else only my riding.

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple  over a year ago

ireland

It can be tough,is it low mood or anxiety etc causing the way you are feeling?What might work for others ,may not work for you .As above have said,explore different options and hopefully you ll find one that helps .Good luck

By *allen majestyMan  over a year ago

dublin

I’m on this site a good while I don’t usually read the forums but it’s really touched me how every one has replied to this mans question . It’s lovely to see sone care and compassion .

To the guy who asked the question nay I just say there are better days coming there are always better days to come

By *issme39Woman  over a year ago

kildare

few things help me..

getting out of the house and your head, music, talking to someone( that is the hard part) music,excerise and finally acknowledgement that your not feeling OK but that is also fine x

hope you're OK x

A good dander normally sorts me out.

By *uncpl1703Couple  over a year ago

genuine cpl

Join a running club

» Add a new message to this topic