FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Random meets

Random meets

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi folks, how relevant are random meets when it comes to looking at profiles over someone who’s been to a meet & greet when you decide to message someone? Thoughts please.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

? Not sure what you asking,

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

A major concern here, and elsewhere, is the authenticity of profiles: whether they are fake, exaggerated, or purport to be from a different gender.

Verification from having attended a social, and putting a face to a name aids verisimilitude.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Which type of verification do you place more value on either from random meet or someone who’s been to a meet & greet.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

"Which type of verification do you place more value on either from random meet or someone who’s been to a meet & greet."

For single guys, who are in the majority on these sites, the problem is getting to a random meet, withe someone who has already been verified.

Becoming a site supporter adds to credibility.

By *issme39Woman  over a year ago

kildare

i don't pay to much attention to them..I need to know he is a he , somewhat sane and then il meet and make up my own mind...

By *m_impact_playMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"Which type of verification do you place more value on either from random meet or someone who’s been to a meet & greet."

Most meets start randomly ... as most people get in touch after a random fab, a wink, a comment on forum post.

Verifications are only good to confirm the gender (if the profile is not gender verified) and that the person looks the same in real life as in their pics.

The frequency of their verifications can give an idea of how active a person is and if it does meet currently.

As for "meet to play" verifications, "meet and greet" or simply just "coffee/social meets" to break the ice and see if there is chemistry, each to their own.

Some do intend to meet to play, but some just enjoy the social aspect of it.

It is based on many different things, as some are just horny, some are bored, some are disappointed by past meets and prefer to be extremely cautious ... There is no right or wrong.

A veri is just a beri, and someone's opinion of someone cam be totally different at a social or mng they might have literally spoke for 5 mins. I take them with a pinch of salt and like to make up my own mind and yes I do insist on a veri but that's for my benefit, my time off is important and if I giving up my time to meet someone I don't want to be messed around. If I'm meeting someone for the first time is always only a social meet over coffee that's when I decide if I want to take it further.

By *aint_or_SinnerWoman  over a year ago

South County Dublin

The veri from a meet & greet shows that the person is a person who shows up. A random meet, well, we all know about fake verifications and how easy they are to come by.

I have in the past met unverified also.

There are other means (other than the verification system) of making sure a person behind a profile is "legit".

And then there are safe ways to meet a stranger for the first time...

None of the above are fail safes unfortunately because it still means that you might be meeting up with your future stalker rather than your future FB, FWB or swinging partner...

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

It's the play veris I can draw some information out of, while social veris have only Facebook value to me.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I look at them but they hold no real part in my decision to meet someone .My decision to meet someone is more to do with how we interact with each other in messages.

The only thing a Veri can help me with is to avoid someone if you know they have met someone in recent times that you know will cause drama that's really the only time I any pay heed to veris.

As for social or play veris that's up the people themselves what they show or which ones they decide to show or not show.The thing about veris is no matter what you show or don't show someone will always complain because it's either too little depending on what they want.

So make up your own mind and don't rely on other people's opinions on who you meet or not off here.

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

Previous veris are not important to me.. How does one get verified in the first place? They have to meet a randomer don't they.. I think the whole verification process ruins sites like these.. I don't know of any other dating/meet website were you have to be meet verified.. It makes it extremely difficult for newcomers and elevates people who have been meet verified to a higher status..

Veris to me are just a trophy cabinet to show folks how active they are or have been which can intimidate some.

I personally wouldn’t put up a verification to show “yes I’m genuine and met someone etc”

Once you see past the usual profiles/names etc you’ll find plenty of profiles…..

Just an observation

By *m_impact_playMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"I personally wouldn’t put up a verification to show “yes I’m genuine and met someone"

Isn't that the main point of a verification, to prove that you are who you say you are and whiling to make the "effort" to actually meet face to face, witnessed by someone else?

» Add a new message to this topic