FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > I predict Omicron

I predict Omicron

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

will be twice as common but only 1% as virulent as Delta, that restrictions will be abolished and that we will all be out and about. It will become a new "common cold" and everyone will be clamoring to get it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Omicron crushes Delta in the virus wars.

Lets hope you are right

So the original virus, is that gone and fully replaced by delta?

By *eckerMan  over a year ago

Dublin

I hope you are right. The vaccines have helped big time but just not enough for us to get back to normal. Hopefully it's a milder strain and we finally get to move on

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Still think that the unvaccinated shouldn't be treated in hospitals or be allowed into workplaces where others who actually care for others work...

By *ewrideMan  over a year ago

KK

I can't see the powers that be backtracking at all.

Overcome by power.

KK

"Still think that the unvaccinated shouldn't be treated in hospitals or be allowed into workplaces where others who actually care for others work..."

Completely unhinged opinion

By *ouple 0073Couple  over a year ago

donegal

"Still think that the unvaccinated shouldn't be treated in hospitals or be allowed into workplaces where others who actually care for others work..."

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

that's madness. sure u can still catch and spread covid when vaxed. medically vulnerable and old been vaxed, great but the vast majority of younger people with no underlying conditions will be fine.

According to the WHO the omicron variant has been responsible for…wait for it…zero deaths.

By *unlinguyMan  over a year ago

South Dublin

Tried to come up with a reply to this, nut i was staring at my phone for i dont know how long.. before i realised i was stunned and could not understand your logic.

By *reland8Man  over a year ago

sandyford

"will be twice as common but only 1% as virulent as Delta, that restrictions will be abolished and that we will all be out and about. It will become a new "common cold" and everyone will be clamoring to get it. "

U predict or you read that somewhere from a doctor who himself is guessing at the minute

It would be nice if it was true tho

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

That's a sweeping statement. Are you saying that anyone who isn't vaccinated doesn't care for others?

I know lots who aren't including some who work for the NHS. They all have their own reasons which are none of my business.

I deal with people every day of the week and I've yet to ask any of them if they are vaccinated or not.

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

"will be twice as common but only 1% as virulent as Delta, that restrictions will be abolished and that we will all be out and about. It will become a new "common cold" and everyone will be clamoring to get it. "

We just said the same thing ourselves today, that Omicron will take over, we'll all get it, resulting hospitalisations and deaths will be low and normality can resume.

We have to have hope anyway

By *oubtingtomasMan  over a year ago

Dundalk

Pretty sure doctors and nurses have an oath to treat people.

I personally feel people who refuse a vaccine should be treated but because they refused the vaccine they shouldn't be covered by medical card or private health insurance.

KK

"Still think that the unvaccinated shouldn't be treated in hospitals or be allowed into workplaces where others who actually care for others work...

Pretty sure doctors and nurses have an oath to treat people.

I personally feel people who refuse a vaccine should be treated but because they refused the vaccine they shouldn't be covered by medical card or private health insurance."

Just as unhinged.

A lot of scary opinions get unearthed on these forums.

By *aucyladMan  over a year ago

Dublin

The divide in society between vac and non vacs continues, on one hand you want a society where we have free choice and on the other hand you want to make the choices for them! This virus has shown that as humans a great deal of people are quick to judge and be lead by media and hype. (Oh and for the record I'm vacinnated but can't stand the looking down on attitude of many).

I'd agree in part to this. Some can't get the vaccine due to health issues but the ones that point blank refuse it because some clown on Facebook with no medical experience told them it wasn't safe shouldn't be treated or go down the Singapore route and charge them for their stay if possible.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I think that's quite a cruel and very uncaring way to think if I'm brutally honest. People have their own reasons why they haven't been vaccinated and to say they should not get treated if they catch covid is just beyond my comprehension.And I am fully vaccinated and had my booster but I still don't agree.

Having caught covid in work and knowing how ill I was I wouldn't want anyone who was worse than me to be refused care.

Also having been there and worked through a covid outbreak in work and having to be there with people who were on oxygen and dying from covid it's not something I would ever want to have to deal with again but sadly the chances are we may have to at some point as covid I'd going nowhere . And it wasn't someone who was unvaccinated brought it in either so the whole blame game to me is pointless.I have work colleagues who worked right through our outbreak who weren't and still aren't vaccinated some caught it some didn't. But we ALL worked together through the worst few weeks I have ever in my life had to work through. I lost count of the times I came home and burst into tears and even when people I work with broke down in work we couldn't even hug each other or anything because we were doing our best to stay safe and keep our residents safe.

So no I am completely against people who are unvaccinated being vilified and allowed to suffer unnecessarily if they catch covid because it's a fucking horrible virus.And while yes some who caught it in work didn't get very ill with it the ones that did and some staff as well got extremely sick and some are still not right after it and the people who passed away well it's something I will never forget having to see them suffer like that it was heartbreaking.

And this post is not a look at me I work in care post or a sympathy post it's a post because I can't believe anyone would be that closed minded and think people should be punished and to suffer if they get sick because they chose not to have a vaccine they don't want for whatever reason.

By *egsyWoman  over a year ago

Meath

I love these posts, helps me figure out who to block

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

I think its beginning to weaken the more it mutates..there was a fear a super strain would become dominant and I think that was delta..

By *asual777Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

Early signs are ok . All cases mild or asymptomatic . If this carries on and this mutation becomes the dominant one then the OP might be right .

One thing I have learnt in the last 21 months . Underestimate this or people’s anxiety about it at your peril . The majority of the population cares more about their relatives than night clubs . So politically caution does pay off

I understand that perspective for sure and agree unvaccinated should not be allowed into any workplace.

If two patients with Covid and one vaccinated and another unvaccinated both need a high dependency or intensive care bed I’d think the vaccinated patient should get it ahead of the unvaccinated every time regardless of the patient age or other factors.

There are very few or no contraindications to getting the vaccine. It’s a bullshit excuse used by many for someone to say that and should not be tolerated and they should have documentation to support it.

Same with mask wearing there are very few people who can not tolerate wearing a mask and they should have documentation to support this with them at all times if not wearing one

I also agree with mandatory vaccination as a public health emergency measure.

KK

Healthcare isn't denied to prisoners, yet people want to see this happen to people that are unvaccinated?

I wouldn't really respect the reasons for their choice, but I don't see what society achieves by attaching a penalty.

Would set a very murky precedent for the future too.

Consent is a really important principle. To get someone treated without their consent, they'd need to be sectioned. Is that what you want? Can you seriously justify this attitude?

Crazy that anyone would care about anyones opinion on a faceless sex site,

Fuck em all, vaccinated unvacinated, sure a hard penis has no conscience.

It's great that the free world allows us opinions.

By *oxminxCouple  over a year ago

NaughtyVille *×* Laois

Not treating the unvaxinated for Covid in hospitals is not a society we'd care to be any part of!

We are both Vaxed and boosted but we firmly believe vaxcination remains every individuals choice!

By *etergemmaCouple  over a year ago

South Dublin Area

And what about the vaccinated morbidly obese heavy smokers?

Taking up the ICU beds

Has someone gone and hijacked my thread? I only wanted to voice my optimism and bring a bit of cheer to everyone. Please just ignore the naysayers.

By *egsyWoman  over a year ago

Meath

"Still think that the unvaccinated shouldn't be treated in hospitals or be allowed into workplaces where others who actually care for others work...

And what about the vaccinated morbidly obese heavy smokers?

Taking up the ICU beds"

Exactly!

I think attention seekers who say ridiculous things that make no sense and are said to shock people into replying, and in doing so gives them the attention they so badly crave as they lack it in every aspect of their life, should be hung drawn and quartered....no wait, that would bring me down to their sad pathetic level, they should be given a lollipop and told to grow up."

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"Has someone gone and hijacked my thread? I only wanted to voice my optimism and bring a bit of cheer to everyone. Please just ignore the naysayers."

In answer to your original post I really hope it does weaken but I can't see myself clambering to get it even if it is

[Removed by poster at 05/12/21 17:45:15]

somewhere

"Has someone gone and hijacked my thread? I only wanted to voice my optimism and bring a bit of cheer to everyone. Please just ignore the naysayers."

Apologies OP

South Dublin Area

Fingers crossed

"Has someone gone and hijacked my thread? I only wanted to voice my optimism and bring a bit of cheer to everyone. Please just ignore the naysayers.

Apologies OP "

Lol. Nodaboder

So do you think unvaccinated Flu people shouldn't be treated as well ???

I am just thinking mask wearing would be a good practice on buses and trains and planes into the future now that we are accustomed wearing them like Condoms became normal as a result of AIDS

I think the important thing here is that is by far the coolest sounding varient so far

So do you think unvaccinated Flu people shouldn't be treated as well ???"

We are not encountering a flu pandemic at the moment fortunately but if we were similar to the “ Spanish“ Flu of one hundred years ago that killed 50 million people then I think the same principle should apply.

Unvaccinated people by choice should not be able to access limited ICU beds ahead of vaccinated people regardless of other factors ( smokers, obesity etc) simple as that. All vaccinated patients including obese elderly smokers should still be priority for high dependency care ahead of unvaccinated. Being unvaccinated must have consequences and this should be one of them.

Can’t believe this would even be debatable tbh

I think that's quite a cruel and very uncaring way to think if I'm brutally honest. People have their own reasons why they haven't been vaccinated and to say they should not get treated if they catch covid is just beyond my comprehension.And I am fully vaccinated and had my booster but I still don't agree.

Having caught covid in work and knowing how ill I was I wouldn't want anyone who was worse than me to be refused care.

Also having been there and worked through a covid outbreak in work and having to be there with people who were on oxygen and dying from covid it's not something I would ever want to have to deal with again but sadly the chances are we may have to at some point as covid I'd going nowhere . And it wasn't someone who was unvaccinated brought it in either so the whole blame game to me is pointless.I have work colleagues who worked right through our outbreak who weren't and still aren't vaccinated some caught it some didn't. But we ALL worked together through the worst few weeks I have ever in my life had to work through. I lost count of the times I came home and burst into tears and even when people I work with broke down in work we couldn't even hug each other or anything because we were doing our best to stay safe and keep our residents safe.

So no I am completely against people who are unvaccinated being vilified and allowed to suffer unnecessarily if they catch covid because it's a fucking horrible virus.And while yes some who caught it in work didn't get very ill with it the ones that did and some staff as well got extremely sick and some are still not right after it and the people who passed away well it's something I will never forget having to see them suffer like that it was heartbreaking.

And this post is not a look at me I work in care post or a sympathy post it's a post because I can't believe anyone would be that closed minded and think people should be punished and to suffer if they get sick because they chose not to have a vaccine they don't want for whatever reason."

Im the same as you on this Bo, and I cant stand the division of communities and judgement of individuals over this. We are all in this together.

As Saucylad says, much as we have a responsibility to others, we also have freedom of choice and that right has to be respected too.

KK

"I am just thinking mask wearing would be a good practice on buses and trains and planes into the future now that we are accustomed wearing them like Condoms became normal as a result of AIDS "

It's a stupid practice now.

I don't know how it isn't obvious to everyone.

Similarly I don't understand how people make light of how distressing it is.

By *reland8Man  over a year ago

sandyford

"I am just thinking mask wearing would be a good practice on buses and trains and planes into the future now that we are accustomed wearing them like Condoms became normal as a result of AIDS "

There’s defo some things that we are doing now that should continue, can’t see masks going anywhere in the near future at the very least and it feels like second nature now, like putting on a seat belt…. No big deal!

Doctors clinics not crammed with sick people on top of each other but socially distancing or waiting in cars till it’s there turn etc

Agreed

South Dublin Area

We are not encountering a flu pandemic at the moment fortunately but if we were similar to the “ Spanish“ Flu of one hundred years ago that killed 50 million people then I think the same principle should apply.

Unvaccinated people by choice should not be able to access limited ICU beds ahead of vaccinated people regardless of other factors ( smokers, obesity etc) simple as that. All vaccinated patients including obese elderly smokers should still be priority for high dependency care ahead of unvaccinated. Being unvaccinated must have consequences and this should be one of them.

Can’t believe this would even be debatable tbh"

We need have a serious look at ourselves when it comes to looking after our health.

Its about time people took responsibility for the way they live their lives. We are the most over weight unhealthy country in Europe.

If people want to separate allocation of icu beds into who his jabbed or not. I completely disagree with that.

If you think like then why not triage the healthy and unhealthy. For example: Old age pensioners who have lived a reasonably healthy life are more deserving of an icu bed than a 55 years old, morbidly obese heavy smoker.

Of course you wouldn't accept that as it takes up such a massive percentage of people.

Can’t believe this would even be debatable tbh"

But what the hell does vaccinated or unvaccinated got to do with someone catching the virus???

If everyone was vaccinated the virus will still be here and spreading so why are you bothered that someone doesn't get vaccination.

So alienate someone because of their choice of putting something into their body or not on the absurd reason ya think the virus will disappear if they did is just f**ked up.

By *ara198Woman  over a year ago

maynooth

That's irrational Bogm

By *ara198Woman  over a year ago

maynooth

"I think the important thing here is that is by far the coolest sounding varient so far"

That's irrational Bogm"

It is but in fairness am surprised it's from him. He is usually much more sensible and understanding.

Am putting it down to a bad hair day and am not gonna jump on the bandwagon and help others to ruin my positive hopeful thread.

i travel all over

Yes it’s one comment . Let’s move on .

On another note , I have this feeling you used to be a youth worker OP

"I think the important thing here is that is by far the coolest sounding varient so far"

I predict the next wave will be the Unicron variant. It will be the size of the moon and can wipe out entire planets. The only cure will be the Creation Matrix vaccine

"Yes it’s one comment . Let’s move on .

On another note , I have this feeling you used to be a youth worker OP "

Am sayin nuthin

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

Strangely enough prior to vaccine roll out I didn't know anyone personally that had covid.

In the last 6 months I've knows 7 or 8 people that have been off work with covid (double jabbed)

Il get the booster but beyond that il take my chances with covid

"Strangely enough prior to vaccine roll out I didn't know anyone personally that had covid.

In the last 6 months I've knows 7 or 8 people that have been off work with covid (double jabbed)

Il get the booster but beyond that il take my chances with covid"

....wish for present circumstances my name was covid!

i travel all over

"Strangely enough prior to vaccine roll out I didn't know anyone personally that had covid.

Il get the booster but beyond that il take my chances with covid"

It’s because prior to vaccine roll out we had nearly eliminated it by the summer then had summer months where there was a careful return to socialising but largely outdoor mixing .

In the last 6 months , and especially four since travel came back , life is much closer to pre pandemic in terms of mixing . Also newer variants have been more infectious

By *3nsesMan  over a year ago

Dublin

People who smoke pay a massive amount of tax for to the government for that privelage which helps cover the cost of providing health care. People who drink do the same.

Most modern and progressive society's place a heavier burden on people who are happy to behave in a manner that will have a negative on impact on the rest of society.

Why should the unvax'd be any different?

"People who smoke pay a massive amount of tax for to the government for that privelage which helps cover the cost of providing health care. People who drink do the same.

Most modern and progressive society's place a heavier burden on people who are happy to behave in a manner that will have a negative on impact on the rest of society.

"

Just shows how f**ked up world people is when they say Unvaccinated is similar to smokers ... a group of people who wish not to put something they don't believe in, in their bodies is same as group of people who knowingly put seriously harmful crap into theirs... wow

"People who smoke pay a massive amount of tax for to the government for that privelage which helps cover the cost of providing health care. People who drink do the same.

"

I think everyone who medically can be should be vaccinated. And I'd argue with anyone who didn't think the covid passes were a fair measure.

But I also don't want to live in a society that declines anyone medical care.

Also I've changed my social habits, such as avoiding crowds, not meeting large groups of friends indoors etc....as soon as it was clear the numbers were sky rocketing.

Can all the people calling for medial care to be removed for some people on here say the same?

Being unvaccinated isn't the ou irresponsible behavior going on during this

Dublin

Just shows how f**ked up world people is when they say Unvaccinated is similar to smokers ... a group of people who wish not to put something they don't believe in, in their bodies is same as group of people who knowingly put seriously harmful crap into theirs... wow "

If everyone refused to take the vaccaine we'd be fucked. But thankfully not everyone has taken such a selfish attitude. Yet the people who have taken that selfish attitude think they shouldn't be face any repressions for that decision.

If society rewards selfishness then were will it be.

If the unvax'd don't want to take the vaccaine I have absolutely no problem with that. But if they need to be treated for covid they should have to pay the full cost for that treatment. It's only fair.

South Dublin Area

[Removed by poster at 05/12/21 21:53:04]

South Dublin Area

Just shows how f**ked up world people is when they say Unvaccinated is similar to smokers ... a group of people who wish not to put something they don't believe in, in their bodies is same as group of people who knowingly put seriously harmful crap into theirs... wow "

Spot on

somewhere

Back again....genuinely wasn't trying to create a controversial thread

I think the last one I did was a childhood memory one about robbing orchards that blew up... again accidentally

Had a bad day ....I get them every now and then and if people know what I do in one of my jobs they'll know why it was a bad day...lashed out

Used a wrong word but it doesn't really matter does it ....anyone I truly upset I apologise

Can't promise not to make an arse of myself again in fairness ...only human

Dublin

I think everyone who medically can be should be vaccinated. And I'd argue with anyone who didn't think the covid passes were a fair measure.

Also I've changed my social habits, such as avoiding crowds, not meeting large groups of friends indoors etc....as soon as it was clear the numbers were sky rocketing.

Can all the people calling for medial care to be removed for some people on here say the same?

"

We already live in a society that reduces the quality of medical care based on how much people are willing to pay. Hence the reason people pay for private medical insurance.

South Dublin Area

"

So you think its fair that a pensioner who has lived a good life or changed their habits should be deprived of an icu bed if needed for someone who has abused and mistreated their own.

Nonsense!

South Dublin Area

We already live in a society that reduces the quality of medical care based on how much people are willing to pay. Hence the reason people pay for private medical insurance.

"

We dont though. Private health care makes fook all difference in where you end up. More than likely still end up on a trolley if its an emergency.

"

This isn't a conversation about higher and lower quality of public and private care.

It was the refusal of the basic public care for the virus to unvaccinated people

Dublin

So you think its fair that a pensioner who has lived a good life or changed their habits should be deprived of an icu bed if needed for someone who has abused and mistreated their own.

Nonsense!"

I genuinely don't understand the point you are trying to make. Who and how has someone mistreated their own life?

"Back again....genuinely wasn't trying to create a controversial thread

I think the last one I did was a childhood memory one about robbing orchards that blew up... again accidentally

Had a bad day ....I get them every now and then and if people know what I do in one of my jobs they'll know why it was a bad day...lashed out

Used a wrong word but it doesn't really matter does it ....anyone I truly upset I apologise

Can't promise not to make an arse of myself again in fairness ...only human "

Thought as much. Ya certainly stirred some reactions though.

Lets hope my prediction is right!

Dublin

This isn't a conversation about higher and lower quality of public and private care.

It was the refusal of the basic public care for the virus to unvaccinated people"

If the consequences of unvax'd people not getting vax'd is the total collapse of the health care system you need to make difficult decisions.

That's either in lockdowns, restricting the movements of the unvax'd or limiting the treatment of the unvax'd.

If the unvax'd feel they shouldn't have their freedoms curtailed then the options then the alternative options that are available are limited.

"

It was the refusal of the basic public care for the virus to unvaccinated people

If the consequences of unvax'd people not getting vax'd is the total collapse of the health care system you need to make difficult decisions.

That's either in lockdowns, restricting the movements of the unvax'd or limiting the treatment of the unvax'd.

If the unvax'd feel they shouldn't have their freedoms curtailed then the options then the alternative options that are available are limited.

"

There are extra limitations on unvax'd people though and more coming.

But they aren't the only reason yes a big one but not the only one the virus is spreading and ICU numbers rose.

Limiting medical care is a step too far imo.

Would you recommend the same steps for vaccinated people found not following other guidelines?

By *onedbodMan  over a year ago

co Galway

Sooner Nphet and especially Tony H gone the better! Its a media driven virus sooner they stop sprouting what professor Billy ballbag etc says "could" happen the sooner we can get back to actually enjoying life

"... a group of people who wish not to put something they don't believe in, in their bodies is same as group of people who knowingly put seriously harmful crap into theirs... wow "

This is the thing I still don't get - what is it exactly about the vaccine they don't believe in?

I can understand people's gripes about lockdown, restrictions, Nphet, government overreach etc. but I still don't see any disadvantage to taking the vaccine itself. What exactly is wrong with it? Can any vaccine skeptics explain this to me? Genuine question.

Dublin

"

There are extra limitations on unvax'd people though and more coming.

But they aren't the only reason yes a big one but not the only one the virus is spreading and ICU numbers rose.

Limiting medical care is a step too far imo.

Would you recommend the same steps for vaccinated people found not following other guidelines?

"

It depends what guidelines they aren't following. At this stage if guidelines aren't being followed it is primarily businesses that aren't following them or upholding them.

If an individual goes into a pub that doesn't check their covid cert should that individual be punished? No, but the business absolutely should be.

Should vaccainted people be punished for not wearing masks where required? Yes.

If vaccinated people are breaking the rules they should still be given credit for being vaccainted, but be punished as per the rules and rules in place. Similar to how I agree with people who plead guilty to a crime deserve a reduced sentence.

What I will say is that I'd much prefer to see mandatory vaccinations rolled out before refusing treatment.

i travel all over

There is no reason to dislike nphet. They have a very simple job . Advise to reduce infection risk . The government have a much harder job , strike a balance between their advice and societal impact . Allowing nphet to make the big decisions is the government abdicating their responsibility because it’s too Hard

By *xplicitMan  over a year ago

donegal

Have read that in some countries people who chose not to be vaccinated waive their rights to that systems free healthcare (specifically covid treatment)

"

Health service has been f**ked for years and not capable to deal with normal life especially in winter for the last decade but it's only now ya care about it and blame the so called unvaxxed for its breakdown when majority in the hospitals are vaccinated people.

"... a group of people who wish not to put something they don't believe in, in their bodies is same as group of people who knowingly put seriously harmful crap into theirs... wow

This is the thing I still don't get - what is it exactly about the vaccine they don't believe in?

I can understand people's gripes about lockdown, restrictions, Nphet, government overreach etc. but I still don't see any disadvantage to taking the vaccine itself. What exactly is wrong with it? Can any vaccine skeptics explain this to me? Genuine question."

Nothing is wrong with it but it's doesn't make Ya immune from virus ...say over the last two years the very high percentage of cases only showing flu type symptoms people are just believe in their minds that the trust their own immune system to one with a vaccine in to deal with virus.

"

"

Covid pass didn't mean ya were vaccinated , someone unvaccinated but has recovered from Covid gets a covid pass.

By *hyeyesMan  over a year ago

meath

The vaccines are just to keep the economy open

We have more cases and deaths after a 94% vaccine uptake than before they were invented

Omnicron is going to cause a new wave globally . It beats the jabs

By *ombikerMan  over a year ago

the right side of the river

No one allowed to smile until after st Patrick’s day in case there is a risk of widespread having the craic

"

Covid pass didn't mean ya were vaccinated , someone unvaccinated but has recovered from Covid gets a covid pass. "

Indeed. They are only valid for 180 days though I think

By *unachicksCouple  over a year ago

dublin

I think you would be better off not to think at all.

"Nothing is wrong with it but it's doesn't make Ya immune from virus ...say over the last two years the very high percentage of cases only showing flu type symptoms people are just believe in their minds that the trust their own immune system to one with a vaccine in to deal with virus.

"

It was never claimed that it would make you 100% immune to the virus, but it does significantly increase your immunity...so what's the harm in getting it? Why are people adamant that they won't? What are they afraid of?

i travel all over

"The vaccines are just to keep the economy open

We have more cases and deaths after a 94% vaccine uptake than before they were invented

"

I don’t think we do , but anyway it’s not like for like . wedding sizes , large gatherings and overseas travel are completely different to a year ago .

Vaccines are excellent protection but their effects wane. I have personal experience of how infection resistant they make you initially . In the first few months afterwards it’s very difficult to get infected no matter how much virus you get exposed to . But getting jabbed 3 times a year isn’t practical. I hope the next lot wane less quickly .

By *iktikiCouple  over a year ago

city centre

Where are the stats to back these statements up ?

"

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

A much less destructive strain becoming the norm is the best possible outcome. Noone wants ongoing boosters, or a very damaging variant becoming the norm. If covid becomes this then it can happily visit my throat once a year and our species can coexist happily

"... a group of people who wish not to put something they don't believe in, in their bodies is same as group of people who knowingly put seriously harmful crap into theirs... wow

I can understand people's gripes about lockdown, restrictions, Nphet, government overreach etc. but I still don't see any disadvantage to taking the vaccine itself. What exactly is wrong with it? Can any vaccine skeptics explain this to me? Genuine question."

Well the pharma companies must not believe the jabs are safe because they have been indemnified against any claims arising from adverse reactions or death caused by these jabs. Does that not raise any red flags for anyone.

Limerick

I can understand people's gripes about lockdown, restrictions, Nphet, government overreach etc. but I still don't see any disadvantage to taking the vaccine itself. What exactly is wrong with it? Can any vaccine skeptics explain this to me? Genuine question.

Well the pharma companies must not believe the jabs are safe because they have been indemnified against any claims arising from adverse reactions or death caused by these jabs. Does that not raise any red flags for anyone.

"

Link please?

By *cottybear74Man  over a year ago

kilkenny

Omicron... Isn't that a transformer name?

"Omicron... Isn't that a transformer name? "

Unicron

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Old bog road

Let's replace the word unvaccinated with vaccine free. It would cause less division.

Link please?"

'Ireland, as an EU member state, indemnified Covid-19 vaccine manufacturers as part of the advanced purchase agreements. This was necessary in order to obtain access to the vaccines. The result is that the State, rather than the manufacturer, is liable for the cost of redressing injuries caused by these vaccinations.'

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/who-pays-if-you-suffer-side-effects-from-covid-19-vaccine-1.4540757

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

"

Pharma companies are indemnified for all drugs that they manufacture. Does that mean paracetamol comes with a red flag too?

By *aucyladMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Pharma companies are indemnified for all drugs that they manufacture. Does that mean paracetamol comes with a red flag too? "

Thats incorrect, pharma companies are not indemnified for all drugs they manufacture. Usually, drug manufacturers are liable for the safety of their products, and they spend many years developing and testing their drugs to ensure they are safe to use. The covid jabs however are exempt as they could not go through the usual trials and timelines involved.

"Nothing is wrong with it but it's doesn't make Ya immune from virus ...say over the last two years the very high percentage of cases only showing flu type symptoms people are just believe in their minds that the trust their own immune system to one with a vaccine in to deal with virus.

It was never claimed that it would make you 100% immune to the virus, but it does significantly increase your immunity...so what's the harm in getting it? Why are people adamant that they won't? What are they afraid of? "

Significantly increase immunity from what , I am won't ever be immune from it ... if you mean I have greater chance not getting severe symptoms then I think ya exaggerating Significantly increase as going by data (we all love the data) if all the cases so far that 0.9% have unfortunately died so over 99% survive after having virus with or without vaccine... so maybe people who do not wish to have vaccine might say odds are good either way not Significantly any difference.

What about small children that are not vaccinated cause some parents don't know how there going to react to it do you think they shouldn't be treated in hospitals

What about small children that are not vaccinated cause some parents don't know how there going to react to it do you think they shouldn't be treated in hospitals"

So should people who have adverse reactions from the injection be refused treatment in hospitals because it was their choice to take it

meath

[Removed by poster at 06/12/21 14:03:03]

meath

Where are the stats to back these statements up ?

"

94k cases and 2.2k deaths till 01 January 2021

Then vaccine rollout begins

We have had 500k cases and 3.5k death this year so far

Delta has been a deadly wave

By *razy-88Man  over a year ago

belfast

Why doesn’t omicron, the bigger variant not simply eat the other variants!!

Accepting messages from anyone who understood that reference

By *im44Man  over a year ago

traveling with work, but mainly cork

Wow,, just wow

"Why doesn’t omicron, the bigger variant not simply eat the other variants!!

Accepting messages from anyone who understood that reference "

Man I'd love some popplers right now

KK

"

Thats incorrect, pharma companies are not indemnified for all drugs they manufacture. Usually, drug manufacturers are liable for the safety of their products, and they spend many years developing and testing their drugs to ensure they are safe to use. The covid jabs however are exempt as they could not go through the usual trials and timelines involved. "

That is subject to the drugs or products being used in line with their licensed indications.

Covid vaccines were fast-tracked through the approval process and kinda operate in a realm somewhere in-between licensed and unlicensed.

And this post is not a look at me I work in care post or a sympathy post it's a post because I can't believe anyone would be that closed minded and think people should be punished and to suffer if they get sick because they chose not to have a vaccine they don't want for whatever reason."

Would be great if more could adopt this approach instead of one that is creating division…

Also, saying that people who haven’t gotten a vaccine shouldn’t be treated in hospital or shouldn’t have their health insurance pay out is just insane

"Significantly increase immunity from what , I am won't ever be immune from it ... if you mean I have greater chance not getting severe symptoms then I think ya exaggerating Significantly increase as going by data (we all love the data) if all the cases so far that 0.9% have unfortunately died so over 99% survive after having virus with or without vaccine... so maybe people who do not wish to have vaccine might say odds are good either way not Significantly any difference. "

Sorry, I can't make head nor tail of this...if you're going to use stats to back up your argument you should really try to be more coherent in your writing. Apologies if English isn't your native language

But I think the gist of what you're saying is that being vaccinated doesn't make much difference to you catching or dying from Covid either way so what's the point?

First off, I don't think that true, but even if it is, what's the harm in getting the vaccine anyway, just in case?

I keep hearing people say there's no point cos it makes no difference. So why not get it anyway? Play the odds, you've got nothing to lose and you get your cert after it. It's common sense really

No vaccine skeptic has given me a valid reason NOT to get the vaccine. Clearly some people are dead set against it. Why? Can anyone give me any facts on why the vaccine is a bad thing?

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

Pharma companies are indemnified for all drugs that they manufacture. Does that mean paracetamol comes with a red flag too?

Thats incorrect, pharma companies are not indemnified for all drugs they manufacture. Usually, drug manufacturers are liable for the safety of their products, and they spend many years developing and testing their drugs to ensure they are safe to use. The covid jabs however are exempt as they could not go through the usual trials and timelines involved. "

What trials did they not go through?

Belfast

"Significantly increase immunity from what , I am won't ever be immune from it ... if you mean I have greater chance not getting severe symptoms then I think ya exaggerating Significantly increase as going by data (we all love the data) if all the cases so far that 0.9% have unfortunately died so over 99% survive after having virus with or without vaccine... so maybe people who do not wish to have vaccine might say odds are good either way not Significantly any difference.

Sorry, I can't make head nor tail of this...if you're going to use stats to back up your argument you should really try to be more coherent in your writing. Apologies if English isn't your native language

But I think the gist of what you're saying is that being vaccinated doesn't make much difference to you catching or dying from Covid either way so what's the point?

First off, I don't think that true, but even if it is, what's the harm in getting the vaccine anyway, just in case?

I keep hearing people say there's no point cos it makes no difference. So why not get it anyway? Play the odds, you've got nothing to lose and you get your cert after it. It's common sense really

No vaccine skeptic has given me a valid reason NOT to get the vaccine. Clearly some people are dead set against it. Why? Can anyone give me any facts on why the vaccine is a bad thing? "

Downloads are capped on 5g.

"Significantly increase immunity from what , I am won't ever be immune from it ... if you mean I have greater chance not getting severe symptoms then I think ya exaggerating Significantly increase as going by data (we all love the data) if all the cases so far that 0.9% have unfortunately died so over 99% survive after having virus with or without vaccine... so maybe people who do not wish to have vaccine might say odds are good either way not Significantly any difference.

No vaccine skeptic has given me a valid reason NOT to get the vaccine. Clearly some people are dead set against it. Why? Can anyone give me any facts on why the vaccine is a bad thing? "

And you haven't given people not wishing to take vaccine a valid reason to take it either you have made assumptions in your use of words Significantly increase in immunity...

you have stated nothing in facts you just don't "think" its not true what the Non vaccinated people believe in when they look at data.

First part will ignore your condescending behaviour a sign of when a person isn't open to logical debate when they make smart comments about other person...thinking their smarter and better

Haven't said the vaccine is a bad thing , for record I took it and the only reason I took it was I wanted to go home to see my family as without vaccine I couldnt travel not for health reasons. I believe in my own immune system and are more focused on keeping myself healthier and I say vast majority of non vaccinated do as well.

All the data and words from scientist and politicians all lead to these facts

Virus is endemic will be around for years and years to come

Virus in Majority around 99% will have asymptomatic or mild symptoms similar to flu

People of older age and complications medical reasons will be recommended to take booster shots every year during winter seasons.

We will be told to live with it as world is not a risk free world

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

That's the best we can hope for! Can't wait until that shit show is over. I think Holohan will be the only one that'll be devasted.

By *willfindyouWoman  over a year ago

Not looking to meet new peeps.

See !

By *amson4DelilahCouple  over a year ago

ballina

Well this has opened my eyes.. I'm not going to convince anyone either way. But I did get to write a private note on several people that if they were Brad fucking Pitt I wouldn't go near with a barge pole. Was chatting to someone about this the other evening & the hypothesis came up that, these extreme views on people who decided not to take the vax were a cover up by those who feel a bit stupid for buying into it so easily.

By *anddswingCouple  over a year ago

South Dublin & Kilkenny 'ish

Well said,

Remember that freedom we used to own called choice, all the medical practitioners that promised immunity were incorrect. It's like all the prochoice haters have forgotten that, now they are quick to say "no one ever said it gave protection" Yes no one except Professor Luke O'Neil (100% protection) et al. To be fair the vaccine has turned out to have the same effect as wearing a condom on your finger not to get a woman pregnant.

I'm sorry but the people in favor of mandated anything are lunatics and have the intellect of a sparrow, they simply cannot comprehend what freedom is, they are unable to elicit or interpret data for themselves and are unable to make decisions.

We would go so far as to say they are lazy & stupid, certainly not the type of people we would like to interact with. However we are quick to spot the weak of mind, and it's great when they hold their hand up in a forum.

I wish us all a lovely restricted Christmas, and I blame the weak of mind and character for the restrictions. "None so blind as those who will not see"

I personally feel everyone over 18 should get a vaccine. But there should be no forcing people to get it. We all have our own opinions. No ones is right. No ones is wrong. Just as likely to get or spread covid if you are vaxed

By *amson4DelilahCouple  over a year ago

ballina

"Well said,

Remember that freedom we used to own called choice, all the medical practitioners that promised immunity were incorrect. It's like all the prochoice haters have forgotten that, now they are quick to say "no one ever said it gave protection" Yes no one except Professor Luke O'Neil (100% protection) et al. To be fair the vaccine has turned out to have the same effect as wearing a condom on your finger not to get a woman pregnant.

I'm sorry but the people in favor of mandated anything are lunatics and have the intellect of a sparrow, they simply cannot comprehend what freedom is, they are unable to elicit or interpret data for themselves and are unable to make decisions.

We would go so far as to say they are lazy & stupid, certainly not the type of people we would like to interact with. However we are quick to spot the weak of mind, and it's great when they hold their hand up in a forum.

I wish us all a lovely restricted Christmas, and I blame the weak of mind and character for the restrictions. "None so blind as those who will not see" "

#mikdrop

A virus wants to live as much as you or I. It doesn't do that by killing it's carriers. Look at SARS 1 for example. Made you too sock too fast to spread. It's a very common trait for them to become more transmissable but much less symptomatic and killing anyone. So that may be the case

"A virus wants to live as much as you or I. It doesn't do that by killing it's carriers. Look at SARS 1 for example. Made you too sock too fast to spread. It's a very common trait for them to become more transmissable but much less symptomatic and killing anyone. So that may be the case"

*Sick

By *entlegiant64Man  over a year ago

craigavon

I think perhaps you are either ignoreing or possibly dont know the fact that you as a vac person can still spread the virus to your loved ones and everyone you come in contact with just as much as an unvac person.... Its actually very important you understand this as statments like you have given will give other vac people that they dont spread it and then therefore take no precautions .... So vac people still must wear masks ans social distance ect ... If a vac and unvac person where standing in the same room with other people , the vac person can spread the virus just as much as the non vac..also it dosent stop you from getting covid but rather it lessens the effect ... Ya see whats happening here is someone who is nonvac aphobic was trying to spread rumours so that everyone else will hate nonvacs and treat them differently

Anyways vac and non vac still wear your masks and follow all social distance rules because we all can spread it to our loved ones

Happy Christmas xx

KK

"A virus wants to live as much as you or I. It doesn't do that by killing it's carriers. Look at SARS 1 for example. Made you too sock too fast to spread. It's a very common trait for them to become more transmissable but much less symptomatic and killing anyone. So that may be the case"

A virus isn't actually a living thing

It's just a bit of DNA with a protective coating.

It doesn't have any instructions beyond to replicate.

They're often responsible for illness, but they do just as much to introduce genetic change, and are thus a driver of evolution.

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

"I am just thinking mask wearing would be a good practice on buses and trains and planes into the future now that we are accustomed wearing them like Condoms became normal as a result of AIDS

Similarly I don't understand how people make light of how distressing it is."

Distressing to me who takes as many percautions to protect myself and others as I can

To see some one not wear a mask or improperly wear it under tgeir nose gives me anaxiatyattacks

i travel all over

Very tempted to post 56 consecutive times

Dublin

"Very tempted to post 56 consecutive times "

Or you could just not open the thread?

KK

"I am just thinking mask wearing would be a good practice on buses and trains and planes into the future now that we are accustomed wearing them like Condoms became normal as a result of AIDS

Distressing to me who takes as many percautions to protect myself and others as I can

To see some one not wear a mask or improperly wear it under tgeir nose gives me anaxiatyattacks "

I sympathise with anyone that suffers with anxiety but your fears are irrational.

It isn't reasonable to expect the whole world to do something futile to cater for your superstition.

To see some one not wear a mask or improperly wear it under tgeir nose gives me anaxiatyattacks

I sympathise with anyone that suffers with anxiety but your fears are irrational.

It isn't reasonable to expect the whole world to do something futile to cater for your superstition."

What’s irrational about his fears?

His anxiety may be an overreaction but his concerns are valid and it is inappropriate for you to dismiss them.

What’s futile or superstitious about wearing a mask?

It isn’t reasonable to expect people on this forum to have to tolerate your ignorance.

Sometimes it’s best to say nothing if you don’t know what you are talking about.

KK

It isn't reasonable to expect the whole world to do something futile to cater for your superstition.

What’s irrational about his fears?

His anxiety may be an overreaction but his concerns are valid and it is inappropriate for you to dismiss them.

What’s futile or superstitious about wearing a mask?

It isn’t reasonable to expect people on this forum to have to tolerate your ignorance.

Sometimes it’s best to say nothing if you don’t know what you are talking about.

"

Should probably take your own advice

By *man79Man  over a year ago

newry dundalk. warrenpoint

I predict a riot

Maybe I was right after all!

Here's hoping....

By *tiffler400Man  over a year ago

belfast

Personally I think it's all a load of balls. Everyone has and is entitled to their own opinion. I believe that there is something else going on and the government are trying to cover it by diverting everything towards covid

Limerick

"will be twice as common but only 1% as virulent as Delta, that restrictions will be abolished and that we will all be out and about. It will become a new "common cold" and everyone will be clamoring to get it.

We just said the same thing ourselves today, that Omicron will take over, we'll all get it, resulting hospitalisations and deaths will be low and normality can resume.

We have to have hope anyway "

So was I .... well maybe

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"Personally I think it's all a load of balls. Everyone has and is entitled to their own opinion. I believe that there is something else going on and the government are trying to cover it by diverting everything towards covid "

You think FF, FG, and the Tories are that clever?

"Personally I think it's all a load of balls. Everyone has and is entitled to their own opinion. I believe that there is something else going on and the government are trying to cover it by diverting everything towards covid "

You are winding people up with that comment?? I mean, there is no way you seriously believe that? Sorry, silly of me to think someone would believe that. Ya got me, well done!

Belfast

I blame the GAA

Limerick

Must be awful to be so paranoid

somewhere

What do you think it could be

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Here here. Listen up sheeple. Loads of balls it was. Lizzard people, alien abduction, grassy knoll, raaagh raaaaagh. Grumble grumble (walks off)

Deserves a Bump…. Not 100% on, but from 6 weeks ago…. Well read in the tea leaves in my humble opinion…

Maybe you’ve got a notion of the Euromillions numbers?? I’ll join a syndicate with ya!

Thanks

Twas wishful thinking. Let's hope everything continues to go the right way.

» Add a new message to this topic