FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Easter eggs

Easter eggs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *entleman Polite OP   Man  over a year ago

Mars

Well, I love chocolate but I was not expecting to see Easter eggs already in the shop...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ondalingerMan  over a year ago

City center

"Well, I love chocolate but I was not expecting to see Easter eggs already in the shop...

"

thats nothing, walking earlier i saw loadsa houses with xmas decorations already up

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Well, I love chocolate but I was not expecting to see Easter eggs already in the shop...

"

What??? Seriously!

By *r_Insatiable666Man  over a year ago

Cork

I thought it would be valentines shite first

"

Jesus that's early. Usually don't have the easter out till January 1st

[Removed by poster at 30/12/21 16:43:22]

The Cadbury creme eggs ad will be on the tv in the new year

"

Stoppit! I'm still wading through the Christmas chocolate!

Did someone mention cream eggs

By *organ DeanWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

"Did someone mention cream eggs "

Yes that was Magic Mike

By *rthur WrightusMan  over a year ago

Round the Bend

thats nothing, walking earlier i saw loadsa houses with xmas decorations already up"

There was me thinking the same about the neighbour, why is everyone is in such a hurry

"Did someone mention cream eggs

Yes that was Magic Mike "

Mike….step away from the cream eggs and nobody gets hurt

Belfast

Yes that was Magic Mike

Mike….step away from the cream eggs and nobody gets hurt "

Bring them to me, I'll mind them for you

Yes that was Magic Mike

Bring them to me, I'll mind them for you "

No you Feckan won’t

Nobody but nobody minds my cream eggs

Belfast

Yes that was Magic Mike

Bring them to me, I'll mind them for you

No you Feckan won’t

Nobody but nobody minds my cream eggs "

Spoilsport

Dunnes had loads of cream eggs earlier this week ..

Belfast

I have a Lindt egg teasing me every time I open the fridge door

"Dunnes had loads of cream eggs earlier this week .."

And you didn’t call me

"I have a Lindt egg teasing me every time I open the fridge door "

Lindt O very posh.

Belfast

"I have a Lindt egg teasing me every time I open the fridge door

Lindt O very posh. "

I am posh

By *reat me rightWoman  over a year ago

Rotherham

Bought my first creme egg on Dec 1

Belfast

"Bought my first creme egg on Dec 1"

I love your profile pic

"Bought my first creme egg on Dec 1"

But the question is “how do you eat yours” ?

None in my local supervalue yet but last December they were in Xmas week. Hoping to get one or two tomorrow

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Individual UK companies that formerly produced chocolate products such as Cadbury's, Bournville, Rowantree's, Lyon's, etc., used to have the sense to give consumers a break between Christmas (boxes of chocolates and filled xmas stockings) and Easter eggs, but these businesses are merely brands that are owned by international conglomerates such as Nestle from Switzerland, or private equity groups,that are ultimately owned in the United States.

Sales managers, in order to meet financial targets, now need almost year-round consumption of their products, and are increasing inventive of methods to increase brand loyalty and a purchase.

When you next stand in a newsagents to buy your newspaper, look for the three products that are in your immediate environment to facilitate an impulse purchase: chocolate, alcohol and tobacco (now screened).

The residents of these islands are the 'biggest' consumers of chocolate products worldwide, in two related ways!

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"Individual UK companies that formerly produced chocolate products such as Cadbury's, Bournville, Rowantree's, Lyon's, etc., used to have the sense to give consumers a break between Christmas (boxes of chocolates and filled xmas stockings) and Easter eggs, but these businesses are merely brands that are owned by international conglomerates such as Nestle from Switzerland, or private equity groups,that are ultimately owned in the United States.

Sales managers, in order to meet financial targets, now need almost year-round consumption of their products, and are increasing inventive of methods to increase brand loyalty and a purchase.

When you next stand in a newsagents to buy your newspaper, look for the three products that are in your immediate environment to facilitate an impulse purchase: chocolate, alcohol and tobacco (now screened).

The residents of these islands are the 'biggest' consumers of chocolate products worldwide, in two related ways! "

Strangely Cadbury's, Mars and Rowntrees have always had an overlap period with Christmas and Easter related products. Orders for Christmas lines were placed in June/July and delivered in October and Easter Eggs were ordered in September and delivered in early January with the exception of Creme eggs which usually arrived in mid to late December.

Bourneville didn't have a policy on the matter as they are a Village owned by Cadbury Brothers and they just happened to call one of their products after it.

I can only go back as far as the late 70's and early 80's though so can't vouch for what they did before that.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

"Individual UK companies that formerly produced chocolate products such as Cadbury's, Bournville, Rowantree's, Lyon's, etc., used to have the sense to give consumers a break between Christmas (boxes of chocolates and filled xmas stockings) and Easter eggs, but these businesses are merely brands that are owned by international conglomerates such as Nestle from Switzerland, or private equity groups,that are ultimately owned in the United States.

The residents of these islands are the 'biggest' consumers of chocolate products worldwide, in two related ways!

Strangely Cadbury's, Mars and Rowntrees have always had an overlap period with Christmas and Easter related products. Orders for Christmas lines were placed in June/July and delivered in October and Easter Eggs were ordered in September and delivered in early January with the exception of Creme eggs which usually arrived in mid to late December.

Bourneville didn't have a policy on the matter as they are a Village owned by Cadbury Brothers and they just happened to call one of their products after it.

I can only go back as far as the late 70's and early 80's though so can't vouch for what they did before that. "

Is the yearround pressure to purchase chocolate products then mostly being whipped-up by retailers?

I agree that the Cadbury family, who were Quakers, did own the village of Bournville, and that its dark chocolate was a more niche Cadbury brand in former times.

The number of different confectionery brands on display is phenomenal; it must now be well over 100, or more.

Jeez lads I only wanted a cream egg

ZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZ

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I can only go back as far as the late 70's and early 80's though so can't vouch for what they did before that.

Is the yearround pressure to purchase chocolate products then mostly being whipped-up by retailers?

I agree that the Cadbury family, who were Quakers, did own the village of Bournville, and that its dark chocolate was a more niche Cadbury brand in former times.

The number of different confectionery brands on display is phenomenal; it must now be well over 100, or more."

Manufacturers have to know well in advance the level of projected demand. Wholesalers often hold trade shows in June/July and shopkeepers place provisional orders. Supplies are then sent to the wholesalers and distributed well in advance.

The big supermarket chains threw a spanner in the works when they decided collectively to sell most of the seasonal chocolate as loss leaders. Therefore they are selling them cheaper than most of the wholesalers can buy them at. Hence why the tins/tubs are so much smaller now than they used to be and why so many shops have leftover stock every year which never happened before.

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

Oi! It's Creme Egg folks.

Respect and correct spelling or the Yule log gets it, right! FFS!!

If I don't find a creme egg tomorrow someone is getting the yule log

» Add a new message to this topic