FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > How to get a ps5 or xbox series X?

How to get a ps5 or xbox series X?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inag101 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Galway

I'm wondering how people manage to get a ps5 or xbox from smyths or the likes? but anytime I check they never have them and cant tell me when they will be in? I know they are on donedeal but I dont want to pay an extortionate amount of money for them. I'm just wondering was it difficult for you guys to get your hands on one? It's just that no one has them in stock

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

There was a small restock in places right before christmas. Im watching smyths, harvey norman, currys, gamestop etc for when they announce a preorder thing. Its pretty much a waiting game at the moment

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

You can put your name down I thought....did it last year and got one within 3 weeks in Currys

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

A friend got theirs in Currys. Guy in shop said he'd put him on the waitlist. Week later he got a call and they gave him 48hrs to come and collect or it went to the next person. Needless to say, he was there that evening to collect it.

I'm waiting for a Gran Turismo 7 bundle myself

By *hickerThanUrAverageCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

I ordered the Xbox x on eBay from a rebuttable seller after a few days of searching and failing miserably. It was brand new sealed limited edition halo console with controller and halo game. I paid £600 including delivery but factoring in that it costs £479 and eBay sellers pay 10% I didn’t find it that overpriced and had it just in time for my partner’s birthday.

Check out eBay for sure if it’s not a gift I’d look at unsealed ones but just ensure the seller is trustworthy and previous reviews etc.

I think I got pretty lucky and my seller included original receipt for warranty and everything. Best of luck getting your hands on one

Galway

Do smyths takes names for pre orders and let you know when they are in or is that wishful thinking? Lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Got one in smyths. I checked their webpage everyday for about a month and got lucky one day. Theres also a twitter page you can follow that keep track on stock. Most have been successful following that page

Galway

"Got one in smyths. I checked their webpage everyday for about a month and got lucky one day. Theres also a twitter page you can follow that keep track on stock. Most have been successful following that page"

Ah ok I see! So there is no waiting list? You just kept watching their website like a hawk basically? lol

By *ayla and the AdmiralCouple  over a year ago

monaghan

If you are on twitter there are pages set up to notify people of new xbox / ps stock.

That's how I got my sons before Christmas.

Go to Gamestop or Smyth's etc

Put yourself on the list. I had myself on several and was 3/4 months before I got one.

The rest I had ordered for friends and they took almost 6 months.

"Got one in smyths. I checked their webpage everyday for about a month and got lucky one day. Theres also a twitter page you can follow that keep track on stock. Most have been successful following that page

Ah ok I see! So there is no waiting list? You just kept watching their website like a hawk basically? lol"

That's what I did. I needed one as it was from santa so I kept refreshing all the main sites every day sometimes a couple of times a day. I had about 10 tabs open on Google for about a month

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

There is a few guys on twitter you need to follow them and they post where is available in stock in Ireland...don't know their names tbh because i don't use twitter but my friend text me always. Usually once in 10 days they are in stock for some reason (maybe someone cancelled order) but then you have to be really quick. I menage to buy two since November.

Galway

Is it just Twitter or can you get them on Instagram or facebook?

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

I know for twitter only...will ask for name tomorrow

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

https://twitter.com/ps5_ireland

By *isnameismargaretMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"https://twitter.com/ps5_ireland"

This guy is great. Just set up notifications for when he tweets.

I got mine last March through him.

Mad to think you still can't get them 14 months in

By *ural delightMan  over a year ago

Enniskillen

Harvey nornan in sligo got series x in stock. Picked one up yesterday

By *eastMan  over a year ago

Oranmore

"https://twitter.com/ps5_ireland

This guy is great. Just set up notifications for when he tweets.

I got mine last March through him.

Mad to think you still can't get them 14 months in "

Yes, this guy, when he says go you need to be ready to jump on and buy

By *ornyForaLotMan  over a year ago

I’ve no idea how people that wanted these didn’t manage to get them I had 3 Xbox series x’s and 2 ps5s reserved so I sold them to friends at RRP just went into smyths and put a €5 deposit down the day they were available for pre order

By *ollybirdWoman  over a year ago

east Cork

Just spotted on Twitter that a drop is due soon in HN and GS

» Add a new message to this topic