FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Fuking black dog

Fuking black dog

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So I have been visited by a bout of depression this week since monday really. I could tell it was coming full of worry and anxiety hit with money problems. Took to the bed told work I was sick with a bug. I can then feel myself starting to think right today and looking back starting to say to myself why the fuk didnt you just go and get up on Monday but that's this fukn disease ain't it . Just said I'd throw it out there see if anyone can identify with this thinking . Thanks everyone

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Although you will be disinclined to do so so, get out walking, jogging or running which will considerably lift your mood, through internal production of very powerful chemicals.

Make direct face to face contact with friends and discuss issues with them.

Avoid any depressants such as alcohol, which have a powerful negative effect on mood.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So I have been visited by a bout of depression this week since monday really. I could tell it was coming full of worry and anxiety hit with money problems. Took to the bed told work I was sick with a bug. I can then feel myself starting to think right today and looking back starting to say to myself why the fuk didnt you just go and get up on Monday but that's this fukn disease ain't it . Just said I'd throw it out there see if anyone can identify with this thinking . Thanks everyone "

Sometimes we need to rest.. especially in times of stress, give yourself a break and dont beat yourself up over it.

and if symptoms last over 2 weeks consult your doctor. xx

By *azzdubMan  over a year ago

dublin

Gonna be honest with you, I’m lying in the bed since Monday myself!! Mind in overdrive and can’t get the courage to lift my head! I’m very glad you posted this!

By *ortfadda_ladMan  over a year ago

carrick on shannon

I feel like this mostly this time of year with all the darkness.. Thank god Nov Dec & Jan are behind us.Its good to talk..Everybody gets down if they tell the truth..

Cut yourself some slack OP, we all have bad days, your mind needed a break and you took it, which was clearly the right thing to do. I'm dipping myself in anticipation of receiving a diagnosis of a chronic debilitating disease, but I know it's temporary and I will bounce back.

It's been a tough couple of years for everyone, the Irish winter sucks big time, brighter days are coming.

By *ondalingerMan  over a year ago

City center

Yea i get you. Pm open for chat anytime

I went through a bout of depression last year and fortunately spoke to a councillor (by phone bloody covid) and sorted things out by Changing things I could change, Trying not to think negatively about things or people I couldn’t change. Take things slowly so don’t run at things just slow it down to the speed you happy with.

Biggest thing is talk to someone about it don’t bottle it up

This winter can’t end fast enough that’s for sure.

Your not alone OP but it’s a good thing you can recognise it and talking is the first step

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS  over a year ago

Dublin

Dont know if you can a holiday would help. Bit of sun.

I'm in the Canaries myself. Had to get out of Ireland for a bit

By *r_Insatiable666Man  over a year ago

Cork

The first step is communication, so you're getting closer to a clearer mind already. It's going to sound stupid but you should really give some thought to your relationship with money. Then you can either try to fix that relationship or fix what it makes you feel.

That's my two cents anyway

I worked Monday and Monday eve the dog arrived, no idea why buy that's the thing, there doesn't have to be a reason, Tuesday was spent in bed, yesterday I treated myself to a sea bath, have told work I'm off for the week with a sick cert. Today I'm.going to go to the beach for a walk and just be easy on myself.

No guilty feelings for not going to work , will be a heap of work on Monday but my health us more important.

One foot in front of the other op

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple  over a year ago

ireland

"So I have been visited by a bout of depression this week since monday really. I could tell it was coming full of worry and anxiety hit with money problems. Took to the bed told work I was sick with a bug. I can then feel myself starting to think right today and looking back starting to say to myself why the fuk didnt you just go and get up on Monday but that's this fukn disease ain't it . Just said I'd throw it out there see if anyone can identify with this thinking . Thanks everyone

Sometimes we need to rest.. especially in times of stress, give yourself a break and dont beat yourself up over it.

and if symptoms last over 2 weeks consult your doctor. xx"

Sound advice !

By *reative ideasMan  over a year ago

Next door

Well done OP on posting this, that's a good first step.

Don't be so hard on yourself.

I'm in Dublin if ANYONE ever wants to vent, walk, talk, grab a coffee etc, just a friendly ear.

By *ymboMan  over a year ago

here and there.

"So I have been visited by a bout of depression this week since monday really. I could tell it was coming full of worry and anxiety hit with money problems. Took to the bed told work I was sick with a bug. I can then feel myself starting to think right today and looking back starting to say to myself why the fuk didnt you just go and get up on Monday but that's this fukn disease ain't it . Just said I'd throw it out there see if anyone can identify with this thinking . Thanks everyone

and if symptoms last over 2 weeks consult your doctor. xx

Sound advice !"

good advice. Also, if you're not up to anything too energetic, try to take a stroll now that spring is arriving ... Flowers poking out of the soil, birds starting to sing, days getting a little longer. Lifts the spirits a bit until ready to exercise more vigorously...

By *ercc63Man  over a year ago

Hillsborough

Appreciate all the advice but very hard when down to take any action !!

I find an expression of care/concern from someone really helps

Look after yourself.

I could tell you what works for me when it happens (because it definitely happens) but really, I have to just kinda wait it out. Everyone deals with it differently. But I hope its a brief spell for youm

By *ancylaceloverTV/TS  over a year ago

Limerick

Its a hard one to overcome.

If you can read the signs that its coming maybe reach out to a

Close friend. Personally how iy effect s me is it tells me lies about myself, my worth my esteem.

I have found the best way to dispell it is company and chat

It's the month that's in it, dark mornings dark evenings hope ur feeling a small bit better always better to speak than to bottle it up,

By *risharrowMan  over a year ago

Clare

I know what it's like when the gloom, black cloud hits. Mind yourself and when the head allows it maybe talk to citizens information about speaking with MABS or abhaile for some advice. Mind yourself man.

» Add a new message to this topic