FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Receiving online hate and abuse

Receiving online hate and abuse

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inag101 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Galway

Hey guys, just wondering any gay or trans people here ever received abuse or nasty messages here? How did you deal with them? ignoring and taking the high road doesn't always work unfortunately and blocking also

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Report to admin and I'd suggest if there is trans or homophobic content you could report to the guards if you were comfortable doing so.

Otherwise block and ignore is about the best you can do I'm afraid

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

Sorry to hear that you’ve received abuse OP. Definitely report to admin.

I would mark the message unread and then delete it and block the person.

Galway

Its grand, I'm not looking for sympathy or anything like that but thanks for the support guys, I just really feel uncomfortable with confrontation and I avoid it at all costs. But the recommendations I was given seems to be the best course of action. I just wanted to see how other people deal with that sort of carry on

By *ainted SlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Dublin / Wicklow

"Hey guys, just wondering any gay or trans people here ever received abuse or nasty messages here? How did you deal with them? ignoring and taking the high road doesn't always work unfortunately and blocking also "

I have been fortunate and can say that the vast majority of messages on here are nice and complimentary.

Im not afraid to use the block n report button though. Thankfully thats the rare exception

X

Galway

"Hey guys, just wondering any gay or trans people here ever received abuse or nasty messages here? How did you deal with them? ignoring and taking the high road doesn't always work unfortunately and blocking also

I have been fortunate and can say that the vast majority of messages on here are nice and complimentary.

Im not afraid to use the block n report button though. Thankfully thats the rare exception

X"

I can definitely agree with you there! Most people here are so supportive than any place I've ever experienced, its actually amazing! Theres way more to fab than meets the eye and I'm fortunate to have found it. But in saying that, in all walks of life you will get the one or two that spoils it. I'm training myself to focus on the good things and appreciate them, and ignore the bad things, it's not always easy but that what I'm going to do anyhow

» Add a new message to this topic