FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Gym

Gym

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *adforsex OP   Man  over a year ago

Santry

Is this the year I finally go to gym regularly. For any gym goers do you find it hard to keep up going to gym after work etc defo something you need to be dedicated and motivated to see results

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

We go early in the mornings. Its too packed in the evenings. And i have a spotting partner so win win

Santry

"We go early in the mornings. Its too packed in the evenings. And i have a spotting partner so win win"
yep I might start going in moring I do love my sleep but if want improve my health and body will have to do it lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Is this the year I finally go to gym regularly. For any gym goers do you find it hard to keep up going to gym after work etc defo something you need to be dedicated and motivated to see results "

What's great for cardio is exercise bike with a hot blonde on the bike in front of you. Increases my stamina tenfold

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

"We go early in the mornings. Its too packed in the evenings. And i have a spotting partner so win win yep I might start going in moring I do love my sleep but if want improve my health and body will have to do it lol "

Dont we all. Body will thank you for it though

By *entleman PoliteMan  over a year ago

Mars

Wait for February, all the New year resolution disappear then and you will have more spaces.

By *razy-88Man  over a year ago

belfast

Don’t wait to start, just go and get used to going, the worst thing you can do is stop!

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

We converted a room to a gym over lockdown so I can now go from the bed to the gym and then on to work without leaving the house and still in my pyjamas

By *scouple07Couple  over a year ago

louth, Ireland

Morning is definitely the best time to get in the gym, less people and sets you up for the day. Unfortunately with my work I cannot do evenings during the week

Mr

Santry

"Is this the year I finally go to gym regularly. For any gym goers do you find it hard to keep up going to gym after work etc defo something you need to be dedicated and motivated to see results

What's great for cardio is exercise bike with a hot blonde on the bike in front of you. Increases my stamina tenfold"

Hahaha

Santry

"Morning is definitely the best time to get in the gym, less people and sets you up for the day. Unfortunately with my work I cannot do evenings during the week

Mr"

yeah I'm thinking mornings would suit me better

Santry

"We converted a room to a gym over lockdown so I can now go from the bed to the gym and then on to work without leaving the house and still in my pyjamas "
jammy gits that proper gym going comfort lol

Santry

"Don’t wait to start, just go and get used to going, the worst thing you can do is stop! "
defo mate I go few times then don't for weeks then cycyle again determined stick with it starting tomoro moring

Santry

"Wait for February, all the New year resolution disappear then and you will have more spaces. "
true mate

Santry

"We go early in the mornings. Its too packed in the evenings. And i have a spotting partner so win win yep I might start going in moring I do love my sleep but if want improve my health and body will have to do it lol very true

Dont we all. Body will thank you for it though"

Summer bodies built in the Winter n all that

"Is this the year I finally go to gym regularly. For any gym goers do you find it hard to keep up going to gym after work etc defo something you need to be dedicated and motivated to see results "

Usually in the gym for 7.45am 4/5 mornings a week, light workout or cardio

Great start to the day, quick shower then work.

Tried to go after work but it was too busy or I wasn’t motivated enough

Santry

"Is this the year I finally go to gym regularly. For any gym goers do you find it hard to keep up going to gym after work etc defo something you need to be dedicated and motivated to see results

Usually in the gym for 7.45am 4/5 mornings a week, light workout or cardio

Great start to the day, quick shower then work.

Tried to go after work but it was too busy or I wasn’t motivated enough "

yeah defo after work you be not motivated or tired think in morings b4 work is defo best time

Santry

"Summer bodies built in the Winter n all that "

By *ub23Man  over a year ago

wandering

I’m an evening gym type of a guy! It’s all about getting into a routine, especially with meal prepping

Santry

"I’m an evening gym type of a guy! It’s all about getting into a routine, especially with meal prepping "
yep defo mate

Can't get back into it(Mr)

Was great during first year of lockdown. Working out with home gym . Looked and felt good. Head just not in it now. Have the bike so least I'm doing some exercise.

By *ub23Man  over a year ago

wandering

Home gyms can be harder to get motivated for sometimes it suits to get out of the house and go to one

I am back in the gym a few weeks now i prefer the early mornings aswell but it doesn't always fit in with my schedule. The evenings are mad i can barely get space without my ass in someone's face lol.

Can’t beat a home gym for easy access and less time travelling.

My advice is figure out how much time you can dedicate to it…half that, and then do that consistently for a few weeks, then add more if you feel like it. Nothing kills a good habit like trying to do too much too soon.

By *ORETHANUSCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

"We converted a room to a gym over lockdown so I can now go from the bed to the gym and then on to work without leaving the house and still in my pyjamas "

True story. Very efficient

"Can’t beat a home gym for easy access and less time travelling.

My advice is figure out how much time you can dedicate to it…half that, and then do that consistently for a few weeks, then add more if you feel like it. Nothing kills a good habit like trying to do too much too soon."

Great advice, I find it very hard to get motivated working out at home. So easy to just stop, walk into the kitchen and make a cup of tea (with biscuits).

I find there’s a sweet spot between 2-4:30 in the gym. Usually quiet enough at that time.

I have a mini gym area in my house it done the job over covid and even before that i was doing a bit at home on the days i didn't want to go outside the door. I still do bits a pieces it's dead handy now i wouldn't do with out. If i could afford to covert my attic amd turn it into a bigger gym space i would it's a long term plan.

By *lameBoyMan  over a year ago

Enfield & Dublin

"Is this the year I finally go to the pub regularly. For any pub goers do you find it hard to keep up going to pub after work etc defo something you need to be dedicated and motivated to see results "

Sorry, I had to fix that. If you want I can start it as a brand new thread.

Smooth..

"Is this the year I finally go to the pub regularly. For any pub goers do you find it hard to keep up going to pub after work etc defo something you need to be dedicated and motivated to see results

Sorry, I had to fix that. If you want I can start it as a brand new thread. "

Lol

By *rkkidMan  over a year ago

Cork

Best to even start going one morning or evening per week and gradually build up to 3 or 4 sessions per week.

2 sessions in the gym n 2 sessions with mates outdoors/ indoors playing football or whatever ye gave in common..

For Physical and Mental health. Win win

By *rLunaMan  over a year ago

Belfast

As above, don't go wild and hammer yourself 5 days a week at the start, you'll be in pain and demotivated. Pick a performance goal, certain weight you'd like to deadlift,squat or bench and chip away at it. Few sessions with a PT to set you along the right road and as soon as you see progress, you'll want to keep at it. Don't rely on motivation, its momentary, be disciplined with yourself and the progress will give you drive to keep going.

Santry

"As above, don't go wild and hammer yourself 5 days a week at the start, you'll be in pain and demotivated. Pick a performance goal, certain weight you'd like to deadlift,squat or bench and chip away at it. Few sessions with a PT to set you along the right road and as soon as you see progress, you'll want to keep at it. Don't rely on motivation, its momentary, be disciplined with yourself and the progress will give you drive to keep going."
thanks mate good advice there

Santry

"Best to even start going one morning or evening per week and gradually build up to 3 or 4 sessions per week.

2 sessions in the gym n 2 sessions with mates outdoors/ indoors playing football or whatever ye gave in common..

For Physical and Mental health. Win win"

defo mate

Santry

"Can’t beat a home gym for easy access and less time travelling.

My advice is figure out how much time you can dedicate to it…half that, and then do that consistently for a few weeks, then add more if you feel like it. Nothing kills a good habit like trying to do too much too soon."

thanks mate

By *organ DeanWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

If I don't exercise in the morning it is very unlikely that I'll do it at all. My motivation wanes as the day goes on.

I go to the gym after work, three evenings a week most weeks. I go on a Saturday if I miss an evening. I had to force myself to go at the start but just go now without thinking. I’m feeling better for it so that motivates me. I’m also sleeping better. Once you get into the habit of going it gets easier.

By *iquidRavenMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Forget about being motivated mate it's one of the worst things you can rely on... set an amount of days you want to hit in a week and go regardless of how you feel... within reason of course. Could be sick or a family emergency, shit comes up and so on but generally follow your target

I went last night about 8.30 and I was thinking of every excuse not too as I was so unmotivated but still went. That's the mentality you need to get... now I still fall off but its a good general rule if thumb

What's your goal OP??

» Add a new message to this topic