FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Just need a rant

Just need a rant

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just need to get some things off my chest, this passed wile I’ve felt under so much stress with work and home life, it’s getting to the point we’re I’m not sleeping and just making up these mad situations in my head, I’ve been to the docs and they gave me tablets and if I’m honest they don’t work and I’m getting worse I know this may not be the right place to post but I just needed to get that off my chest as right now I feel like the world is on my back sorry for the long read

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

How long have you been not sleeping? Sometime medications dont work immediately and it may take some weeks but if you arent happy see your doctor again and tell them.

Or if you think you arent being taken seriously, you could ask to see a different doctor for a second opinion.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"How long have you been not sleeping? Sometime medications dont work immediately and it may take some weeks but if you arent happy see your doctor again and tell them.

Or if you think you arent being taken seriously, you could ask to see a different doctor for a second opinion."

Haven’t slept more than 2 hours a night for the passed 2 months possibly been and seen a doc about a year ago and was laughed at by him, the second one that gave me the tabs was nice

"How long have you been not sleeping? Sometime medications dont work immediately and it may take some weeks but if you arent happy see your doctor again and tell them.

Or if you think you arent being taken seriously, you could ask to see a different doctor for a second opinion.

Haven’t slept more than 2 hours a night for the passed 2 months possibly been and seen a doc about a year ago and was laughed at by him, the second one that gave me the tabs was nice "

My sleep pattern is shocking but when I use healthy sleep habits it improves, no caffeine after 4pm, no TV or phone in bedroom, dark room etc.

Maybe hide your profile and take a few weeks away from here. Get out into the fresh air, talk to friends or family, sometimes just admitting to a friend or family member can be the first step in the right direction

That first doctor was wrong to be dismissive.

Go back to the doc that prescribed the meds and talk some more. Not getting sleep is torture and you cant think straight. You need support.

By *onnaluvdollTV/TS  over a year ago

cork

There's no easy answer but definitely counselling to teach you how to relax and quieten the brain can help. I've been through psych services to the point of being sectioned and before and after that, being pigeon holes by different psychologists and members of their team, supposedly having different disorders. Turned out I has Asperger's and it was self diagnosis and paying for a private assessment after speaking to a doctor with experience, that made the difference.

Counselling was a bedrock part of the solution, and not every day is easy, but learning exercises to reduce the stress and learning to say no when I feel I'm approaching overload, is very important

What you're doing is a thing called storytelling. Its a horrible thing linked with anxiety. I had done it alot during my marraige break up. Told myself she never loved me, read back on every situation and told myself what it was in the worst case scenario.

Can do it all the time in work, basically playing he said/she said with yourself. The problem is there is nobody to tell you you're wrong or point out the flaws in your logic.

I worked on catching myself doing it, on looking for the flaws, tell myself to cop on etc.. (this is not advice, not everyone can do this)

My point is, if its not possible to work through yourself, my theory is your problem isn't medical but psychological.

Maybe a Councillor could help.

Hope you feel better soon pal.

By *208numeWoman  over a year ago

Navan

It’s good to talk. I’m sorry to hear you are feeling this way. Not sleeping can play havoc with your thoughts. Medication is always best taken under continued supervision as sometimes the dose needs adjusting etc. I’d suggest returning to the doctor you felt comfortable with and asking about additional support such as a referral to counseling or other mental health services who deal with these issues. Consider talking to family and/or a trusted friend too. Get as much support as you can and try stay regular with good nutrition, exercise and rest. Be kind to yourself.

By *adforsexMan  over a year ago

Santry

"Just need to get some things off my chest, this passed wile I’ve felt under so much stress with work and home life, it’s getting to the point we’re I’m not sleeping and just making up these mad situations in my head, I’ve been to the docs and they gave me tablets and if I’m honest they don’t work and I’m getting worse I know this may not be the right place to post but I just needed to get that off my chest as right now I feel like the world is on my back sorry for the long read "
your not only one feel like that mate have you talked to friends or family. Try talk your doctor again see if can prescribe something else to help with sleep. Try some sleep music on Spotify might help

By *adforsexMan  over a year ago

Santry

Haven’t slept more than 2 hours a night for the passed 2 months possibly been and seen a doc about a year ago and was laughed at by him, the second one that gave me the tabs was nice "

shocking that doctor laughing at you mate don't visit him again second one since he was nice visit him instead. As others have suggested maybe counselling can help your not alone anyway I've had issues with aniexty and depression it's terrible

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Go back to the Dr who was understanding and tell them that the medication isn't working. There are A LOT of different types of medication that treat this kind of thing. You might have to try a few until you find one that works for you. Also these things can take a while to work properly. Don't stop taking it, but also make another appointment to go back to the Dr now.

You don't have to keep suffering... there are many many possible treatments.

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Also... your status update where you talk about having a "messy" weekend. This is a core core cause of mental illness. Alcohol or substance use WILL make this stuff worse. Get some heslthy food and excercise into you. Lay off intoxicants. You need to be kind to your body and mind to recover.

By *ondalingerMan  over a year ago

City center

Like the poster above’s comment, some of these meds are slow release to prevent dependency. But definitely go back to the doctor, medication can be a marvellous tool. Its just youneed to do self help too. Know the signs etc. But much love to you and my pm is open to anybody suffering with mental health

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS  over a year ago

Dublin

Take up yoga and stop drinking alcohol if you have been doing that. Less screen time, eat healthier and more exercise

Basically a new years resolution a month late

By *umon337Man  over a year ago

Offaly

"Also... your status update where you talk about having a "messy" weekend. This is a core core cause of mental illness. Alcohol or substance use WILL make this stuff worse. Get some heslthy food and excercise into you. Lay off intoxicants. You need to be kind to your body and mind to recover. "

Agreed. I went through a very rough patch during my separation and the big thing that got me through it was no intoxicants. I knew that if I didn't it would be very tough.

I'd also recommend getting fit, eating well, counselling, mindfulness, meditation.

There's a lot of ways to get help and help yourself through it.

Best of luck bud.

» Add a new message to this topic