FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Ideas...

Ideas...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm isolating for seven days. I really need your ideas for activities to keep me from going mad.

Books, Netflix recommendations etc.

Thanks in anticipation

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'm isolating for seven days. I really need your ideas for activities to keep me from going mad.

Thanks in anticipation "

If you want a good laugh, Drifters on Netflix always cheers me up. It's about three girls in their mid twenties trying to get laid, it's kinda like a female Inbetweeners but skewed older.

What kinda books do you like?

Feel better soon!

By *ayne KerrMan  over a year ago

Lust

Hope you feel better soon.

Book recommendation “Mindset” by Dr. Carol Dweck

“Hannah” on Amazon Prime is a good series of “Euphoria” is also good.

"I'm isolating for seven days. I really need your ideas for activities to keep me from going mad.

Thanks in anticipation

If you want a good laugh, Drifters on Netflix always cheers me up. It's about three girls in their mid twenties trying to get laid, it's kinda like a female Inbetweeners but skewed older.

Feel better soon!"

Thanks!

I love a good thriller tbh

Buy some lego. Or jigsaws

"Buy some lego. Or jigsaws"

Lego is a good idea!

"Buy some lego. Or jigsaws

Lego is a good idea! "

Lego is always a good idea......

I need a sick day....

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Minecraft.

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

Thanks in anticipation

Feel better soon!

Thanks!

I love a good thriller tbh "

Mindhunter

Paint by number's

Definitely some lego

Maybe some colouring or painting if you can print off some of the trickier paint by numbers

Thanks in anticipation

Feel better soon!

Thanks!

I love a good thriller tbh "

Okay so Behind Closed Doors by BA Paris had me on the edge of my seat, it's so intense! It's about a married couple who have a seemingly perfect life but -ba dum tish- behind closed doors it's nothing like that.

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man  over a year ago

City Centre, Dublin, Belfast

Thanks in anticipation

Feel better soon!

Thanks!

Mindhunter

"

Def worth a watch

Thanks in anticipation

Feel better soon!

Thanks!

Mindhunter"

Brilliant series

Thanks in anticipation

Feel better soon!

Thanks!

Okay so Behind Closed Doors by BA Paris had me on the edge of my seat, it's so intense! It's about a married couple who have a seemingly perfect life but -ba dum tish- behind closed doors it's nothing like that."

Haha that's one of my all time favourite thrillers!!!

Thanks in anticipation

Feel better soon!

Thanks!

Okay so Behind Closed Doors by BA Paris had me on the edge of my seat, it's so intense! It's about a married couple who have a seemingly perfect life but -ba dum tish- behind closed doors it's nothing like that.

Haha that's one of my all time favourite thrillers!!! "

Oh brilliant! I've never met anyone else who's read it ha ha. Have you read Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware?

By *ed just RedWoman  over a year ago

Dublin City

I’m on day 2 but am impressed you can watch tv or read. I can barely lift my head off the pillow.

Thanks in anticipation

Feel better soon!

Thanks!

Oh brilliant! I've never met anyone else who's read it ha ha. Have you read Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware?"

No I haven't read it, but I own a copy. Is it good?

"I’m on day 2 but am impressed you can watch tv or read. I can barely lift my head off the pillow. "

It's just like a bad head cold for me.

Hope you feel better soon. Xx

By *ayne KerrMan  over a year ago

Lust

"I’m on day 2 but am impressed you can watch tv or read. I can barely lift my head off the pillow. "

Hope you feel better soon.

"Paint by number's

Definitely some lego "

Thanks DD! X

Lego seems like a popular idea. Tried some last year during lockdown.

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman  over a year ago

in the waves

I'm just out of isolation myself recently. Not sure how you feel about baking but it's a good distraction if you're well enough to do it.

Thanks in anticipation

Feel better soon!

Thanks!

Oh brilliant! I've never met anyone else who's read it ha ha. Have you read Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware?

No I haven't read it, but I own a copy. Is it good? "

I quite enjoyed it! It's not as intense as Behind Closed Doors but it had plenty of thrills and twists

Thanks in anticipation "

The Baroque Chronicles by Neal Stephenson to read.

Picard on Prime to watch.

Together Alone by Crowded House to listen to.

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

this thread is interesting. are u guys doing antigens still as you're sick? I know people who have flu like symptoms at present but just driving on with life like they would have done 3 years ago. some have to do antigens for the workplace

Catching Killers on Netflix is a good series if you like serial killer documentaries.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

[Removed by poster at 14/03/22 19:54:32]

"Catching Killers on Netflix is a good series if you like serial killer documentaries."

Thanks for reminding me. I watched the first season. Love me some true crime docs

Thanks in anticipation

Feel better soon!

Thanks!

No I haven't read it, but I own a copy. Is it good?

I quite enjoyed it! It's not as intense as Behind Closed Doors but it had plenty of thrills and twists "

I'll bump it to the top so and read it next!

I slept most of my week I think.

Netflix the rest of the time, Id no energy for reading.

I was in a Jamie Dornan mood - and got through The Tourist & The Fall

Dublin City

"this thread is interesting. are u guys doing antigens still as you're sick? I know people who have flu like symptoms at present but just driving on with life like they would have done 3 years ago. some have to do antigens for the workplace"

My whole family were sick and tested positive early last week but I was still antigen negative and feeling fine. So I had a PCR done yesterday when I was finally feeling like shit and its positive. GAH.

We are all isolating.

So my family are now getting negatives and I’m only heading into isolation. GAH.

Thanks in anticipation "

Download your favourite game app on your phone ( free ) , might be of some help .

By *risharrowMan  over a year ago

Clare

Hey same!

I out manners on the photos on my phone and then put them onto the laptop. It allowed me reminisce about the good times, gives me hope for the future and it doesn't require much movement in the present.

Speedy recovery

Turning red on disney plus its sooooo good

Anything on the pixar tab of disney plus will be super awesome apart from maybe cars 2, its only a little bit awesome.

I stayed in for few days just cause everyone round me was sick and just to be cautious, I filled memory stick with my favourite music for the car, kept me entertained for a bit too

Hope all better soon!

By *ind PaddyMan  over a year ago

South County Dublin

Can you play chess, you can download app and play anyone for free. Chess.com. hope you get better soon

Tipperary

"this thread is interesting. are u guys doing antigens still as you're sick? I know people who have flu like symptoms at present but just driving on with life like they would have done 3 years ago. some have to do antigens for the workplace

My whole family were sick and tested positive early last week but I was still antigen negative and feeling fine. So I had a PCR done yesterday when I was finally feeling like shit and its positive. GAH.

We are all isolating.

So my family are now getting negatives and I’m only heading into isolation. GAH. "

that's what I mean. if you were sniffly with a cough say but u weren't overly sick and could get on with your day as normal, would you still do antigens? that applies to everyone.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

"this thread is interesting. are u guys doing antigens still as you're sick? I know people who have flu like symptoms at present but just driving on with life like they would have done 3 years ago. some have to do antigens for the workplace

We are all isolating.

So my family are now getting negatives and I’m only heading into isolation. GAH. that's what I mean. if you were sniffly with a cough say but u weren't overly sick and could get on with your day as normal, would you still do antigens? that applies to everyone. "

yeah I would never assume its only a sniffles

Tipperary

We are all isolating.

So my family are now getting negatives and I’m only heading into isolation. GAH. that's what I mean. if you were sniffly with a cough say but u weren't overly sick and could get on with your day as normal, would you still do antigens? that applies to everyone. yeah I would never assume its only a sniffles "

it's a very real reality that with some they could be doing antigens forever more. the day of a normal cough or cold and get on with life is gone.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

We are all isolating.

So my family are now getting negatives and I’m only heading into isolation. GAH. that's what I mean. if you were sniffly with a cough say but u weren't overly sick and could get on with your day as normal, would you still do antigens? that applies to everyone. yeah I would never assume its only a sniffles it's a very real reality that with some they could be doing antigens forever more. the day of a normal cough or cold and get on with life is gone. "

the virus is still around and cases rising and I believe anorher variant is amongst us so yes I do what I have to do .

"this thread is interesting. are u guys doing antigens still as you're sick? I know people who have flu like symptoms at present but just driving on with life like they would have done 3 years ago. some have to do antigens for the workplace"

To be perfectly honest I did my test to prove I didn't have covid!

I didn't want people at work looking at me sideways while I was coughing and spluttering.

That turned out well.

Thanks in anticipation

Download your favourite game app on your phone ( free ) , might be of some help . "

I'm playing Wordle daily

Tipperary

We are all isolating.

So my family are now getting negatives and I’m only heading into isolation. GAH. that's what I mean. if you were sniffly with a cough say but u weren't overly sick and could get on with your day as normal, would you still do antigens? that applies to everyone. yeah I would never assume its only a sniffles it's a very real reality that with some they could be doing antigens forever more. the day of a normal cough or cold and get on with life is gone. the virus is still around and cases rising and I believe anorher variant is amongst us so yes I do what I have to do . "

"the virus is still around". the virus will never be gone. I personally couldn't tell u the daily cases as its not primary news any more. its great to have full normal life back and I think in many peoples cases now, antigens will only be done in cases where people are bed riddin they're so sick or in the workplace. I'm away on hols for 4 days in 3 weeks and have a wedding the week before. the last thing I'll be doing is antigen tests when the chance has arisen to live life properly for the first time in over 3 years. would I do an antigen if a felt very sick? yes. would I otherwise? no.

Tipperary

To be perfectly honest I did my test to prove I didn't have covid!

I didn't want people at work looking at me sideways while I was coughing and spluttering.

That turned out well. "

people are still treating u like that with a cough /cold?

somewhere

Silly....as the little girl sang so beautifully in the bomb shelter in Ukraine.....let it go...dont let it consume you like it used to

Have you thought about having another debate about covid? That's good to pass 18 to 24 months apparently

Tipperary

"Silly....as the little girl sang so beautifully in the bomb shelter in Ukraine.....let it go...dont let it consume you like it used to "
I wouldn't call it bothering me. I'm laughing that some are still doing what they were 1/1.5 years ago. it's seem some can't let it go alrite...

"Silly....as the little girl sang so beautifully in the bomb shelter in Ukraine.....let it go...dont let it consume you like it used to I wouldn't call it bothering me. I'm laughing that some are still doing what they were 1/1.5 years ago. it's seem some can't let it go alrite... "

Oh the irony

Tipperary

"Silly....as the little girl sang so beautifully in the bomb shelter in Ukraine.....let it go...dont let it consume you like it used to I wouldn't call it bothering me. I'm laughing that some are still doing what they were 1/1.5 years ago. it's seem some can't let it go alrite...

Oh the irony "

no irony. I'm back living normal life to the full. couldn't tell u when I last did an antigen but looks to me like some people will be doing them forever more.

Tipperary

"Silly....as the little girl sang so beautifully in the bomb shelter in Ukraine.....let it go...dont let it consume you like it used to I wouldn't call it bothering me. I'm laughing that some are still doing what they were 1/1.5 years ago. it's seem some can't let it go alrite...

Oh the irony no irony. I'm back living normal life to the full. couldn't tell u when I last did an antigen but looks to me like some people will be doing them forever more. "

it seems some don't want to or can't go back too living like we did in February 2020.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Oh the irony no irony. I'm back living normal life to the full. couldn't tell u when I last did an antigen but looks to me like some people will be doing them forever more. it seems some don't want to or can't go back too living like we did in February 2020. "

I wasn't going to bite but I will. Someone very close to me is in hospital tonight as a result of having a sniffle and sore throat last week so I'm not going to lower myself to your level.

Tipperary

Oh the irony no irony. I'm back living normal life to the full. couldn't tell u when I last did an antigen but looks to me like some people will be doing them forever more. it seems some don't want to or can't go back too living like we did in February 2020.

I wasn't going to bite but I will. Someone very close to me is in hospital tonight as a result of having a sniffle and sore throat last week so I'm not going to lower myself to your level. "

many of us long before covid could end up in hospital with anything. my point now is, restrictions are lifted, life has resumed to normal. like I said if I'm attending a wedding, a party, going on holidays, that's my chance to live life in full for the first time in over two years. there's no way I'm going to scupper it. I'm gone back to pre March 2020 thinking. If I'm vert sick, I won't be anywhere only bed, if I'm not I get on with life as per normal.

By *ohng69Man  over a year ago

athenry

Oh the irony no irony. I'm back living normal life to the full. couldn't tell u when I last did an antigen but looks to me like some people will be doing them forever more. it seems some don't want to or can't go back too living like we did in February 2020.

I wasn't going to bite but I will. Someone very close to me is in hospital tonight as a result of having a sniffle and sore throat last week so I'm not going to lower myself to your level. many of us long before covid could end up in hospital with anything. my point now is, restrictions are lifted, life has resumed to normal. like I said if I'm attending a wedding, a party, going on holidays, that's my chance to live life in full for the first time in over two years. there's no way I'm going to scupper it. I'm gone back to pre March 2020 thinking. If I'm vert sick, I won't be anywhere only bed, if I'm not I get on with life as per normal. "

Yawn.....he we go again

When I had covid first 5 days never moved from my room. Then after that went out for a walk with the dogs late in the evenings just to clear the head and get fresh air.

I suggest if you have somewhere to walk without bumping into people head out if you are feeling up to it

Tipperary

I wasn't going to bite but I will. Someone very close to me is in hospital tonight as a result of having a sniffle and sore throat last week so I'm not going to lower myself to your level. many of us long before covid could end up in hospital with anything. my point now is, restrictions are lifted, life has resumed to normal. like I said if I'm attending a wedding, a party, going on holidays, that's my chance to live life in full for the first time in over two years. there's no way I'm going to scupper it. I'm gone back to pre March 2020 thinking. If I'm vert sick, I won't be anywhere only bed, if I'm not I get on with life as per normal.

Yawn.....he we go again "

no here we go. I'm delighted to be living life IN FULL again. I just find it funny people cannot get out of the isolation/antigen head space. I had a relation last week test pos on an antigen. barely had a sniffle, not an ounce of sickness on her. I said what are u doing, u know what get a PCR for the laugh and curiosity purposes. the PCR was negative. it doesn't surprise me though that some cannot resume life pre march 2020. for me, long may it continue.

somewhere

Silly...lets be honest you love the covid misery porn

You were the one that brought it up in a normal thread to change the agenda....you thrive on it...you go so far as to answer your own questions and answers with more questions and answers

No body brings it up except you

Tipperary

"Silly...lets be honest you love the covid misery porn

You were the one that brought it up in a normal thread to change the agenda....you thrive on it...you go so far as to answer your own questions and answers with more questions and answers

No body brings it up except you "

the only misery is still talking about covid which is what this thread is. I don't even have to ask the question to most on this thread, if you had an event/occasion coming up would you still do antigens, the answer would be yes. that shows the mindset on here. cannot get back to living normal life.

No body brings it up except you "

somewhere

No body brings it up except you the only misery is still talking about covid which is what this thread is. I don't even have to ask the question to most on this thread, if you had an event/occasion coming up would you still do antigens, the answer would be yes. that shows the mindset on here. cannot get back to living normal life. "

Ask a question and answer the question to continue on the miserable path your mind is on...would you ever stop

Someone asked a genuine question....they're isolating for a few days

Everyone gave advice except you ....it was just the excuse you needed to continue on your 2 year crusade of going on and on and on with your covid misery

You say you're back to normal and laugh at those that aren't

Your posts would say otherwise

Tipperary

No body brings it up except you the only misery is still talking about covid which is what this thread is. I don't even have to ask the question to most on this thread, if you had an event/occasion coming up would you still do antigens, the answer would be yes. that shows the mindset on here. cannot get back to living normal life.

Ask a question and answer the question to continue on the miserable path your mind is on...would you ever stop

Everyone gave advice except you ....it was just the excuse you needed to continue on your 2 year crusade of going on and on and on with your covid misery

"

I have barely been on Fab lately because of the normal life I'm back living. I don't need to ask the question, I know the answer. bringing up a thread about isolation after over 2 years is what's continuing on the covid journey.

By *ohng69Man  over a year ago

athenry

No body brings it up except you the only misery is still talking about covid which is what this thread is. I don't even have to ask the question to most on this thread, if you had an event/occasion coming up would you still do antigens, the answer would be yes. that shows the mindset on here. cannot get back to living normal life. "

Why are you so worried about what other people do? If others want to take regular tests it's their business not yours or mine. Continue living your normal life as you wish and let others live theirs as they wish.

By *igglebutt and FoamyCouple  over a year ago

Kildare, Cork

No body brings it up except you the only misery is still talking about covid which is what this thread is. I don't even have to ask the question to most on this thread, if you had an event/occasion coming up would you still do antigens, the answer would be yes. that shows the mindset on here. cannot get back to living normal life.

I have barely been on Fab lately because of the normal life I'm back living. I don't need to ask the question, I know the answer. bringing up a thread about isolation after over 2 years is what's continuing on the covid journey. "

This thread was white witch asking for advice on how to pass the time as she has choosen to isolate while feeling sick and tested positive i assume. So why dont you go be you someplace else, this isnt a debate about the merits of isolating or not and let us chat about ways to pass the time.

I would suggest looking up some podcasts or audio books. There is a wealth of funny, educational, current affairs etc podcasts which are all free so perhaps explore that avenue.

Dublin City

We are all isolating.

So my family are now getting negatives and I’m only heading into isolation. GAH. that's what I mean. if you were sniffly with a cough say but u weren't overly sick and could get on with your day as normal, would you still do antigens? that applies to everyone. "

Yeah. I could. Easily. But I chose not to be an asshole and made sure I didn’t put vulnerable people at risk. As it was, I nearly ended up in hospital myself because of it earlier today. Thankfully I’ve turned a corner. But hey, you continue on being a knob. It suits you.

By *cottybear74Man  over a year ago

kilkenny

Thanks in anticipation "

If you don't mind subtitles resurrection ertingal on netflix

Tipperary

We are all isolating.

So my family are now getting negatives and I’m only heading into isolation. GAH. that's what I mean. if you were sniffly with a cough say but u weren't overly sick and could get on with your day as normal, would you still do antigens? that applies to everyone.

Yeah. I could. Easily. But I chose not to be an asshole and made sure I didn’t put vulnerable people at risk. As it was, I nearly ended up in hospital myself because of it earlier today. Thankfully I’ve turned a corner. But hey, you continue on being a knob. It suits you. "

well I wouldn't. would I call everyone that wakes up with a flu like symptom in the future, but is not sick and gets on with their day as normal, a knob? no I wouldn't. that's getting on with life as per normal. if I woke in the morning very sick, first thing I'd be doing is ringing work, staying in bed and getting on with my life as soon as I'm fit enough to do so, whether that's 1,2,3 days etc. thats what I did pre covid but with some there is no such thing as that anymore. its "oh I better run and buy antigens in the shop and see do I have to stay in for 7 days". antigens could have you staying in for a week when there is no need. look at my eg earlier, person positive on antigen, got PCR, they were negative.

It's the very same as I wouldn't call anyone in shops/supermarkets etc a knob who didn't have a mask on. covid is still around, always will be but restrictions are gone thankfully and life is back to normal. its a wonder when we had the normal flu which would kill alot of vulnerable people for years and years that people weren't as panicky. is the flu the same as covid? no, but its transmissible but we didn't have people calling others knobs etc because they decided to get on with their life because they're not sick enough to be In bed. it seems the day of a normal sickness( a cough/cold) and you get out and about when better is gone or u have a cough/cold but you're not feeling sick and you proceed with your day as normal. another thing, if I had a cough tomorrow but not a bit sick and did an antigen and was positive, I'd be told by my workplace I'm 2 come into work unless I have a pos PCR which I have to pay for myself. thats alright in the height of covid when we had restrictions right, left and centre but not now when alls back to normal. its moving forward and returning to early 2020 life I'm trying to do, not live in the midst of what we have for the last 2 years.

Tipperary

sorry OP for going off topic a bit. enjoy the rest of your thread.

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

Taboo on netflix

Great white documentaries

Have a listen to THL podcast

Talking bollocks podcast

» Add a new message to this topic