FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Is it wrong to mention my disabilities to people here?

Is it wrong to mention my disabilities to people here?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exbombABC OP   Man  over a year ago

Boom Boom Room

Hey folks I’ve been on here 3 years I believe and I haven’t met one person or couples for fun yet. I’m beginning to think that I’m scaring people off when I’m being honest by telling them I have epilepsy and diabetes. Or is it my looks or do I have a terrible profile up that’s causing the problem. Any advice would be appreciated please.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The health issues you state aren't on your profile so I doubt that's it.

I wouldn't go into the 'haven't met anyone on here' rant on your profile. It puts people off.

You may have better luck in going to a social or try to get an invite to a club event. You'll get verified and meet people in the scene, win-win.

Good luck!

I doubt being epileptic or having diabetes has put a huge amount off, I'd never say none cause people are weird

But if your approach hasn't really worked for 3 years then a profile revamp might not hurt.

Just reading your bio you list all the possible reasons you haven't managed to get a meet so far, honestly nobody wants to read that. All they will think is that there must be other reasons cause not being tall or muscular hasn't stopped loads of guys here.

A bit of time and effort into your pics rather than rushed looking selfies would help too have a look at other guys profiles and see what you think looks good and try a few of your own

Boom Boom Room

Thanks for your advice I’ll add more pictures. I’m not the very best at doing bios so I’m not sure what to put up

By *1shadesofnaughtyMan  over a year ago

South Limerick

Get yourself to a m and g lad. Get the ball rolling for yourself

By *eijaWoman  over a year ago

City Centre

Best of luck OP...I agree with some of the previous comments you have to sell yourself a bit in your bio..be positive and talk about your good traits/explain what you are looking for.

Definitely get to a meet & greet/social - they are a brilliant way of meeting people and so much fun

B x

By *oandFroCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

"I doubt being epileptic or having diabetes has put a huge amount off, I'd never say none cause people are weird

But if your approach hasn't really worked for 3 years then a profile revamp might not hurt.

Just reading your bio you list all the possible reasons you haven't managed to get a meet so far, honestly nobody wants to read that. All they will think is that there must be other reasons cause not being tall or muscular hasn't stopped loads of guys here.

A bit of time and effort into your pics rather than rushed looking selfies would help too have a look at other guys profiles and see what you think looks good and try a few of your own"

this is one of the soundest replies I have ever read in a forum chat. I agree positive vibes attract positive tribes, maybe talk about what you enjoy in life and some pictures doing that, failing that get some pics taken by a friend who is good at it, and as all the rest say get to some meets and greets x hood luck with it all C x

By *adyLuciferWoman  over a year ago

unknown

"Hey folks I’ve been on here 3 years I believe and I haven’t met one person or couples for fun yet. I’m beginning to think that I’m scaring people off when I’m being honest by telling them I have epilepsy and diabetes. Or is it my looks or do I have a terrible profile up that’s causing the problem. Any advice would be appreciated please."

To be honest you don't really need to be telling people your health history unless isn't something that will effect time.

To be fair it would put me off, im here to have some fun and a good time not to hear people's life story.

Sorry if that comes across blunt it's not meant to! I just feel there is no need to mention stuff like that is its not a physical issue or something that effects your sexual partner

By *ittlekinks38Woman  over a year ago

outside belfast x

Many of folk on here have health issues and possibly don't talk about them I don't see that it would put ppl off meeting you though there's like a 1women to every 100men ratio....you really gotta stand out from the crowd and come across interesting too! After 3 years maybe you need to change your profile up a bit maybe more recent pics and not so much to read on your bio....I think sometimes that can put ppl of chatting if you've already stated in your bio what you want and don't want!! Not everyone's gonna read it to be honest try and cut it short maybe and leave things to talk about when you get a message xx

Why cant i get a meet threads never end well for a male.

Couples and females want confidence in a man and not poor woe is me.

Jesus corklad that response really shows what a really nice guy you are well done fella best of luck sexbomb keep trying

Boom Boom Room

Thanks comefun

Jesus man we can’t and wouldn’t even try and match the advice that corklad gave you but keep trying life is for living and there is always a match for everyone out there it just takes time to find them and the right one always comes along all good things come to those who wait best of luck if your ever down our way give us a mess and we’ll meet for a pint

By *r_Insatiable666Man  over a year ago

Cork

Honestly, I get where you're coming from but from what I can gather, you have one of the most dangerous things to have on here: insecurities.

Everyone has them obviously but this place for a single male can often drive your self esteem through the roof or six feet under. When you're struggling to even get a chat going, of course you're gonna think it's something wrong with you.

But it's only the approach, take it from me, I took a years break, came back and changed basically everything and now I'm happily chatting to some great people.

So my advice, TLDR, take a break if you feel your mental health is getting worse over it, or start taking notes off the great profiles on here, get yourself to an unverified social event and build from there.

Long rant finally over

By *onicloudMan  over a year ago

ireland

Health is very important do not hide any issues you have with health. Always be honest as you are always be yourself and one day luck will come to u for that

Boom Boom Room

Yeah I’m always down for meeting up for a pint or two come4fun. Just give me some notice because I’m sure I’d need to book a hotel room for the night. Get in touch with me let me know if your interested and thanks for the support guys.????

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Your profile is basically your CV, to attract people's interest; I have deliberately not read and the responses you received but I would suggest going back thru all the previous threads about profiles and how to improve them.

Disabilities are much more accepted nowadays than was previously the case; and everyone has issues that they have to cope with, both obvious and hidden.

Put your best foot forward and bring up any delicate issues later, rather than apologising about them upfront.

The way you have been playing this game just isn't working; intensive research on this site and elsewhere is necessary.

Some American websites are very good; e-mail Queen of Hearts in Indianapolis for some profilevpointers.

She will reply to your communication.

» Add a new message to this topic