FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Parking Spaces

Parking Spaces

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ombiker OP   Man  over a year ago

the right side of the river

Sooo anyhow.

I was at a shopping centre yesterday on my way home from work and I noticed wheelchair/ disability parking spaces near the entrance, then next to those were expecting mothers spaces then spaces for people with children with them. All fine and good.

But I noticed a very overweight person who was actually struggling to walk and I thought to myself should there be obese parking spaces near the entrance with wider spaces to open doors fully.

What are your thoughts on the idea.

Anyway that is my thought for the day, oh by the way I am not obese and I am fit and healthy so I was not having a whinge looking for a parking space for myself.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

All joking aside, and from a health perspective, the parking spaces for obese people should probably be half a mile down the road.

I presume that if they're bad enough they'd qualify for a blue badge?

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

"All joking aside, and from a health perspective, the parking spaces for obese people should probably be half a mile down the road.

I presume that if they're bad enough they'd qualify for a blue badge? "

Because walking half a mile will magically “cure” them

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Many people have mobility issues that aren't bad enough for a disability badge, but mean long walks with bags can be a challenge. Car parks need to be as close to shopping facilities as possible, to accommodate all who have mobility issues where possible. Doors need to be wide to allow mobility scooters and isles big enough to be comfortable for all. It's the reason light switches are mandated to be low down on walls in planning regs, and ramps are a requirement also. The reason for someones mobility issue is none of your fucking business.

By *ittlekinks38Woman  over a year ago

outside belfast x

Ohhh yeah and spots for ppl who can't park right aswell! ?? I reckon all spaces should be as wide as disabled spots then disabled ppl ,parents with kids would no issues when they can't find a spot where they need to be!!

East / North, Cork

"Ohhh yeah and spots for ppl who can't park right aswell! ?? I reckon all spaces should be as wide as disabled spots then disabled ppl ,parents with kids would no issues when they can't find a spot where they need to be!! "

A great idea, but wider spaces means fewer spaces

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Many people have mobility issues that aren't bad enough for a disability badge, but mean long walks with bags can be a challenge. Car parks need to be as close to shopping facilities as possible, to accommodate all who have mobility issues where possible. Doors need to be wide to allow mobility scooters and isles big enough to be comfortable for all. It's the reason light switches are mandated to be low down on walls in planning regs, and ramps are a requirement also. The reason for someones mobility issue is none of your fucking business."

Totally agree with you

And for Mr with your smart comment about peoples mobility problems and should park way down the road … cop yourself on

God only knows what day you might be in the same situation for whatever reason… your so Fuckn perfect aren’t you

"All joking aside, and from a health perspective, the parking spaces for obese people should probably be half a mile down the road.

Because walking half a mile will magically “cure” them "

It’s a start!

By *ind PaddyMan  over a year ago

South County Dublin

One thing that annoys me about the disable parking disc is the amount of people who abuse it. I've seen people where it is the passenger who has the badge, but the driver parks the car in the disable space without the passenger been in the car

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Nope, I'd assume for severe cases that is covered with car parking for people with disabilities. You can't provide special parking for each single condition. Next thing would be shop close car parks for heavy smokers so that they don't run out of breath.

In general I'd say though that car parks are often ridiculously tight and getting in and out of the car can be a challenge even without a condition.

East / North, Cork

"One thing that annoys me about the disable parking disc is the amount of people who abuse it. I've seen people where it is the passenger who has the badge, but the driver parks the car in the disable space without the passenger been in the car"

Don't get annoyed with people who have blue badges please. Be patient. Disabilities aren't always visible.

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

There should be spaces for the elderly as well

By *rprotonMan  over a year ago

Dublin

I swear just the other day, I read the same exact thread on FaceSpace

By *nquisitive ladyWoman  over a year ago

meath

I used to occasionally park in the mother and children parking slots. I don't now as I saw a young girl struggling with a newborn to get her buggy etc out of the car.I'd never park in a disabled space.

East / North, Cork

We have 2 kids under 4 both in child seats. and we don't use the parent and child spaces. We can manage ok. Others might need them more.

"One thing that annoys me about the disable parking disc is the amount of people who abuse it. I've seen people where it is the passenger who has the badge, but the driver parks the car in the disable space without the passenger been in the car

Don't get annoyed with people who have blue badges please. Be patient. Disabilities aren't always visible. "

Exactly and people may be obese through no fault of their own but could have a medical condition which causes it

So people shouldn’t be so judgmental of other folk no matter how they look

"We have 2 kids under 4 both in child seats. and we don't use the parent and child spaces. We can manage ok. Others might need them more. "

Wait til ye have another couple lol

By *acob12369Man  over a year ago

URPANTS

Just noticed Liffey valley renovating their carparks, also noticed the new entrance to one of them, definitely looks they gonna put in barriers so payparking on the way

East / North, Cork

"We have 2 kids under 4 both in child seats. and we don't use the parent and child spaces. We can manage ok. Others might need them more.

Wait til ye have another couple lol "

We have 5.... but the older ones are too busy skulking about the house complaining about the WiFi to go shopping

By *adbod2020Man  over a year ago

Galway

It’s a start! "

Wow, must be absolutely fantastic on that throne being able to dish out advice like that

If someone is overweight that's their business. And if someone has mobility issues regardless of why that in my opinion warrents if nothing else a genuine discussion about something like this. Personally I wouldn't mind walking an extra few meters to help out someone who needs a little help.

And I know a lady who entering her 60s and over a 3 yr period had both knees replaced and back surgery on a disc and she is also overweight. She gained alot of weight because of her bad knees and back and she tried get a blue badge with no success.

Lucan

"Just noticed Liffey valley renovating their carparks, also noticed the new entrance to one of them, definitely looks they gonna put in barriers so payparking on the way"

They've talked about doing that alright. There's a new bus route or two going to be going through or terminating there and apparently they're concerned they'll lose a lot of their spaces to commuters.

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

"Just noticed Liffey valley renovating their carparks, also noticed the new entrance to one of them, definitely looks they gonna put in barriers so payparking on the way

They've talked about doing that alright. There's a new bus route or two going to be going through or terminating there and apparently they're concerned they'll lose a lot of their spaces to commuters. "

Will they have to walk to the bus or will it collect them at their cars

Lucan

"Just noticed Liffey valley renovating their carparks, also noticed the new entrance to one of them, definitely looks they gonna put in barriers so payparking on the way

They've talked about doing that alright. There's a new bus route or two going to be going through or terminating there and apparently they're concerned they'll lose a lot of their spaces to commuters.

Will they have to walk to the bus or will it collect them at their cars "

Lucan

Because walking half a mile will magically “cure” them "

There clearly is no magical cure for obesity but medical advice for dealing with it will always include walking.

"

Shows your level of intelligence I hope your always able to walk without any assistance

South County Dublin

"One thing that annoys me about the disable parking disc is the amount of people who abuse it. I've seen people where it is the passenger who has the badge, but the driver parks the car in the disable space without the passenger been in the car

Don't get annoyed with people who have blue badges please. Be patient. Disabilities aren't always visible. "

. My wife has MS and she has a badge which is on display. I only park in the disable spaces when my wife is with me. Maybe I did not explain myself clearly

Lucan

Shows your level of intelligence I hope your always able to walk without any assistance "

Yeah, you tell 'im!

Oh wait...

East / North, Cork

Don't get annoyed with people who have blue badges please. Be patient. Disabilities aren't always visible. . My wife has MS and she has a badge which is on display. I only park in the disable spaces when my wife is with me. Maybe I did not explain myself clearly "

Sorry I did misread.

There clearly is no magical cure for obesity but medical advice for dealing with it will always include walking. "

Not so. Not if walking will further exacerbate an existing condition. Yes, exercise for sure, but that won't always equal walking.

"Sooo anyhow.

I was at a shopping centre yesterday on my way home from work and I noticed wheelchair/ disability parking spaces near the entrance, then next to those were expecting mothers spaces then spaces for people with children with them. All fine and good.

But I noticed a very overweight person who was actually struggling to walk and I thought to myself should there be obese parking spaces near the entrance with wider spaces to open doors fully.

What are your thoughts on the idea.

Anyway that is my thought for the day, oh by the way I am not obese and I am fit and healthy so I was not having a whinge looking for a parking space for myself."

What about non binary parking spaces for people who cant identify as anything or anyone.

This world has gone insane.

About time people get a grip and cop themselves on.

If you are fat then do something about it.

Get fit,excercise,eat healyhy or get a gastro band.

Stop using it as an excuse for your daily existsnce,to complain and expect everyone else to pander to your needs.

Too many snowfkakes in this world these days who want to blame others for their own failures in life.

Op. If you were to do this for Obese people. So many other cohorts would want the same.

Those who are not disabled on paper but suffer with their mobility should then be entitled to the same.

Those with no children on paper but consider their pets their children should then be entitled to the same.

And so on.

"If you are fat then do something about it.

Stop using it as an excuse for your daily existsnce,to complain and expect everyone else to pander to your needs.

Too many snowfkakes in this world these days who want to blame others for their own failures in life.

"

Slow up lad. Some people are over weight because of their choices. Others have no choice because of their health. You need to buy another brush or two.maybe some different colour paints too. Not just black and white

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

What about troll spaces? They are so well fed they are almost entitled to valet parking.

Slow up lad. Some people are over weight because of their choices. Others have no choice because of their health. You need to buy another brush or two.maybe some different colour paints too. Not just black and white"

Big brush and clean out alot of the snowflakes.lol

"What about troll spaces? They are so well fed they are almost entitled to valet parking. "

The 98fm toll trolls?

Sure they live under the bridge on the M50.

By *atherjackhackettMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

Ladies I have ample parking space in my driveway so rev up those engines

"What about troll spaces? They are so well fed they are almost entitled to valet parking. "

I’ll put your name forward for a space so

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

"

Nah I’m good thanks

By *adbod2020Man  over a year ago

Galway

Nah I’m good thanks "

Yes you are

Thankfully I am lucky enough not to need to park in disabled spaces though I sometimes have my young grandkids with me so do use the parent/child spaces on these occasions.

Disables spaces are for those with badges and its true not all disabilities are obvious. There is often more to obese people than meets the eye so we cannot comment really.

My personal gripe is the size of cars now. I drive an average sized car, a peugeot 308 and it cracks me up when a big car parks next to me. You can barely get your car door open as they take up nearly the full space and trying to reverse out is a nightmare as you can't see a bloody thing!

By *ittlekinks38Woman  over a year ago

outside belfast x

"

Hows that failing at life being fat?Isn't there worse things than being fat?? But sure if it makes you feel better sure work away! Put ppl down just to make yourself feel better! Cause heaven forbid anything ever happens to you mr perfect llf! If anything that's ignorance in the highest form!

Other ppl weights doesn't affect your life so why be so rude! And think it's OK to call people snowflakes when your the one with a heart of ice!! Manners cost nothing...ps and maybe learn how to spell while your there looking up the dictionary for the word ignorant.....

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"Thankfully I am lucky enough not to need to park in disabled spaces though I sometimes have my young grandkids with me so do use the parent/child spaces on these occasions.

Disables spaces are for those with badges and its true not all disabilities are obvious. There is often more to obese people than meets the eye so we cannot comment really.

My personal gripe is the size of cars now. I drive an average sized car, a peugeot 308 and it cracks me up when a big car parks next to me. You can barely get your car door open as they take up nearly the full space and trying to reverse out is a nightmare as you can't see a bloody thing!

"

This is a huge problem...some carparks I don't even try to use as even normal sized cars wont fit inside the allocated spaces and you get blocked trying to get back into your car

Thank god I don't have this problem ... I don't drive :p

South County Dublin

"Thankfully I am lucky enough not to need to park in disabled spaces though I sometimes have my young grandkids with me so do use the parent/child spaces on these occasions.

"

all those big SUV should be band from City and it always seems to be tiny ladies driving them.

Hows that failing at life being fat?Isn't there worse things than being fat?? But sure if it makes you feel better sure work away! Put ppl down just to make yourself feel better! Cause heaven forbid anything ever happens to you mr perfect llf! If anything that's ignorance in the highest form!

Other ppl weights doesn't affect your life so why be so rude! And think it's OK to call people snowflakes when your the one with a heart of ice!! Manners cost nothing...ps and maybe learn how to spell while your there looking up the dictionary for the word ignorant..... "

Was it something i said thats got you all wound up,and your knickers in a twist??lol

Some people just need a good mental kick up the arse.

"Yes I can"...lol.

https://youtu.be/9liGy2Pdpmw

And with regards parking spaces....Renault solved the problem years ago,when they brought out the espace and aventine people carriers.

Double hinged doors.

If you cant reverse a car into a car parking space,then you have to question your own a ablity behind the wheel.

"And with regards parking spaces....Renault solved the problem years ago,when they brought out the espace and aventine people carriers.

Double hinged doors.

If you cant reverse a car into a car parking space,then you have to question your own a ablity behind the wheel."

I always reverse into a space. Its when I come back and see a big brute of a car parked beside me taking the whole of the parking space making its difficult to get back into my car lol

By *adhatter and coCouple  over a year ago

Middle of mayo n peaceful tranquility

"Op. If you were to do this for Obese people. So many other cohorts would want the same.

Those who are not disabled on paper but suffer with their mobility should then be entitled to the same.

Those with no children on paper but consider their pets their children should then be entitled to the same.

And so on.

"

Special Parking spaces for people with teenagers in the house as they need two trollies of food at a time

East / North, Cork

I need a big powerful 4x4 for towing significant weights in my work... and a 7 seater for Laura and the kids. I AM that cunt who cant help parking so close next to you so you can't get in and out easily. Sorry

Well I’m fairness the worst parking I have seen is usually something like a fiat 500 parked across 2 spaces. And don’t even mention on street parking ha ha.

"One thing that annoys me about the disable parking disc is the amount of people who abuse it. I've seen people where it is the passenger who has the badge, but the driver parks the car in the disable space without the passenger been in the car"

I thought the blue badge is assigned to the person. Their name is on it. It can't be used unless that person is present. Or maybe that's just my sisters blue badge

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

"Well I’m fairness the worst parking I have seen is usually something like a fiat 500 parked across 2 spaces. And don’t even mention on street parking ha ha."

I was going to say the same about the Merc, BMW, Audi & Lexus drivers

"Well I’m fairness the worst parking I have seen is usually something like a fiat 500 parked across 2 spaces. And don’t even mention on street parking ha ha.

I was going to say the same about the Merc, BMW, Audi & Lexus drivers "

Ah well in fairness BMW drivers are special. They are saving the environment by not using indicator bulbs ha ha

E here. Some appalling fat shaming in here. Have a word with yourselves

By *plashwhiCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

Spaces for people in the lifestyle, now that would get my vote

I thought the blue badge is assigned to the person. Their name is on it. It can't be used unless that person is present. Or maybe that's just my sisters blue badge "

No that’s all badges you are right

» Add a new message to this topic