FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Quit smoking

Quit smoking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey all we decide to give the cigarettes the kick Lisa is off them now a month and I’m down to four a day with the odd vape anyone any tips finding it though at the moment

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Genuinely think cold Turkey is the best way...just stop....if one of ye stops and the other doesnt it makes it very hard for the person who's stopped

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I found patches didnt work for me and without nicotine replacement I ate waaaay too much. Found the gum the best for me, havent touched a cigarette in like 10 years but still need the gum! Suppose it's less bad

Different strokes for different folks but for me the gum helped most

"Genuinely think cold Turkey is the best way...just stop....if one of ye stops and the other doesnt it makes it very hard for the person who's stopped "

Totally agree. Cold turkey and willpower

I stopped Feb last year after 30+ years of smoking and haven't wavered. I was ready to pack in, I think you need to convince yourself you want to

Good luck with it

"Genuinely think cold Turkey is the best way...just stop....if one of ye stops and the other doesnt it makes it very hard for the person who's stopped "

Thanks that’s what Lisa did and it’s coming to that for me thanks

"Genuinely think cold Turkey is the best way...just stop....if one of ye stops and the other doesnt it makes it very hard for the person who's stopped

I stopped Feb last year after 30+ years of smoking and haven't wavered. I was ready to pack in, I think you need to convince yourself you want to

Good luck with it "

Thanks very much

"Genuinely think cold Turkey is the best way...just stop....if one of ye stops and the other doesnt it makes it very hard for the person who's stopped

Good luck with it

Thanks very much "

Think of what you can spend all the cash on that you will save

"I found patches didnt work for me and without nicotine replacement I ate waaaay too much. Found the gum the best for me, havent touched a cigarette in like 10 years but still need the gum! Suppose it's less bad

Different strokes for different folks but for me the gum helped most"

Thanks very much it’s hard but hopefully we’ll get there she’s flying it and I don’t want her to even get the urge to go back thanks for the support

Good luck with it

Thanks very much

Think of what you can spend all the cash on that you will save"

Thanks that’s how it’s all started we both looked at the amount of buts that we were throwing in the bin now I probably will have to go cold turkey was kind of thinking cut down slowly but it honestly isn’t fair on her even if it is two or three a day

Good luck with it

Thanks very much

Think of what you can spend all the cash on that you will save

Thanks that’s how it’s all started we both looked at the amount of buts that we were throwing in the bin now I probably will have to go cold turkey was kind of thinking cut down slowly but it honestly isn’t fair on her even if it is two or three a day "

You're honestly making it harder for yourself too. Maybe consider a vape as a crutch for a bit?

Think of the health benefits too , I can tell you I'm on a bit of treatment now and cancer is very much every age and our health system only deals with treatment not prevention

By *oejoxxxMan  over a year ago

anywhere

I found the patches excellent but you must stick to the recommended course, mine was for 12 weeks, 9 years off them now, smoked for over 40 years, never looked back. Pharmacist should be able to recommend what strength of patch to start with

By *ka ..Agent k ..Man  over a year ago

Tip Hackballscross..Monaghan..

Just wondering did anyone on here ever try the hýpnotist from Belgium that arrived in the capital every couple of months, apparently very good success rate few of my friends are off them commin 7yrs now..

"Think of the health benefits too , I can tell you I'm on a bit of treatment now and cancer is very much every age and our health system only deals with treatment not prevention "

Sadly if you have been a smoker or even passive smoker the damage is done and might still catch up with you years after you pack in

I can't say I feel any healthier for giving up, it really made no difference, except to my pocket

"Think of the health benefits too , I can tell you I'm on a bit of treatment now and cancer is very much every age and our health system only deals with treatment not prevention

Sadly if you have been a smoker or even passive smoker the damage is done and might still catch up with you years after you pack in

I can't say I feel any healthier for giving up, it really made no difference, except to my pocket "

luckily mine has been no fault of my own only bad luck . Can't imagine being in there if it was my own fault .

"Hey all we decide to give the cigarettes the kick Lisa is off them now a month and I’m down to four a day with the odd vape anyone any tips finding it though at the moment "

It's and individual thing, I gave them up in 2005 , I cut down first then just stopped when I was down to one a day due to a fitness challenge presented to by a friend. It went well up death of my mother back on them for about two weeks then went to the pool and couldn't even swim after about 40 a day due to the grief.

Went to the doctor got patches and stopped again, I found the quit line very helpful they sent me a starter pack with very useful information. This got me stopped and healthier at the same time because it's a hand to mouth action the pamphlets said eat fruit and nuts and so I did to feed that hand, month action. Still stopped today 17 years later after a few minor relapses but that's okay and is all part of the ongoing long process of staying stopped. I had to make sacrifices of courses for a good few years.

By *ettaManMan  over a year ago

Kerry and Dublin

"Hey all we decide to give the cigarettes the kick Lisa is off them now a month and I’m down to four a day with the odd vape anyone any tips finding it though at the moment "

I found the Nicorette quickmist helpful but, and not to sound trite, making a firm decision to quit was what ultimately worked for me.

I'd tried before and "wanted" to quit but I never made a firm, really-mean-it decision.

For me, it came when I was sneaking around a meditation centre trying to smoke a cigarette at night and I just asked myself what I was doing.

If you can do some soul searching and try to really come to a firm, really-really-mean-it decision that quitting smoking is best for you.

"Hey all we decide to give the cigarettes the kick Lisa is off them now a month and I’m down to four a day with the odd vape anyone any tips finding it though at the moment

It's and individual thing, I gave them up in 2005 , I cut down first then just stopped when I was down to one a day due to a fitness challenge presented to by a friend. It went well up death of my mother back on them for about two weeks then went to the pool and couldn't even swim after about 40 a day due to the grief.

Went to the doctor got patches and stopped again, I found the quit line very helpful they sent me a starter pack with very useful information. This got me stopped and healthier at the same time because it's a hand to mouth action the pamphlets said eat fruit and nuts and so I did to feed that hand, month action. Still stopped today 17 years later after a few minor relapses but that's okay and is all part of the ongoing long process of staying stopped. I had to make sacrifices of courses for a good few years. "

Sorry for your loss well done you and thanks for letting us know your experience we’ll get there hopefully

I use to smoke 40 to 60 fags a day. I went to this fella down in kinsale he did a form of acupuncture. He put 2 pins in my ear for a month. Haven't smoke in 8 years. Cost me €50.have meet other people who went to him and it worked..

Fair play good luck stick at it. I’ve tried everything , champex, cold turkey and not lasted.

I’ve haven’t given up each time I fall I go again. Stick at it four a day a big achievement by itself

"Fair play good luck stick at it. I’ve tried everything , champex, cold turkey and not lasted.

I’ve haven’t given up each time I fall I go again. Stick at it four a day a big achievement by itself "

Thanks she’s flying and a pack of 20 is lasting me five days big difference from a 27 pack a day

"I use to smoke 40 to 60 fags a day. I went to this fella down in kinsale he did a form of acupuncture. He put 2 pins in my ear for a month. Haven't smoke in 8 years. Cost me €50.have meet other people who went to him and it worked.."

Thanks for that will check it out

» Add a new message to this topic