FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Sapiophile

Sapiophile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *on Draper2.0 OP   Man  over a year ago

Maynooth

I asked a self confessed sapiophile if she was aroused by intellect or simply proffered the company of more intelligent people.

That's all, no sarcasm or jokes, just a genuine question. Got no response and an instant block.

Her loss and all that but.....was anything in what I said offensive in some way? I don't think it was and I certainly didn't intend to offend but, I thought I would seek the wisdom of the crowd, just to be sure.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Maynooth

Spellcheck messed that up on me. I meant to say "preferred"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Doesn't seem offensive to me. Trying to strike up a conversation more so

And there, my friend, is your answer

You didn't spell check

If she takes part in the forums maybe she’ll answer for herself

I want to block anyone who makes a "they blocked me" thread

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man  over a year ago

Belfast, Dublin

"I asked a self confessed sapiophile if she was aroused by intellect or simply proffered the company of more intelligent people.

That's all, no sarcasm or jokes, just a genuine question. Got no response and an instant block.

Her loss and all that but.....was anything in what I said offensive in some way? I don't think it was and I certainly didn't intend to offend but, I thought I would seek the wisdom of the crowd, just to be sure. "

Ah man, you just should have sent a dick pic, don’t die wondering

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"I asked a self confessed sapiophile if she was aroused by intellect or simply proffered the company of more intelligent people.

Her loss and all that but.....was anything in what I said offensive in some way? I don't think it was and I certainly didn't intend to offend but, I thought I would seek the wisdom of the crowd, just to be sure. "

But she might not have thought it was offensive....just that she didn't like you're profile for any feckin reason....you'll never know why...so don't worry about it

By *atts n titsCouple  over a year ago

everywhere

Ffs now I have to Google what that means

By *asual_eyesMan  over a year ago

Sallins/Naas

Could have been anything, with the caveat that they don't need to explain. When we message on this site there is nothing owed to anyone.

Sorry it didn't work out for you though.

Build a bridge and get over it!!!

By *iscreett84Man  over a year ago

Longford

Maybe it was that you sexualised the question, people attracted to intelligence do so on a less animalistic level, just because they’re attracted to intelligence doesn’t mean it automatically turns them on sexually, in fact I imagine it takes a lot more than just attraction to ignite their sexual desires. As an erogenous zone, the mind is probably the quickest one to flip an attraction or desire, from hot to cold…. whats the saying? The thing about dead people is they don’t know they’re dead, same goes for stupid people? No offence intended to anyone

By *iscreett84Man  over a year ago

Longford

"Maybe it was that you sexualised the question, people attracted to intelligence do so on a less animalistic level, just because they’re attracted to intelligence doesn’t mean it automatically turns them on sexually, in fact I imagine it takes a lot more than just attraction to ignite their sexual desires. As an erogenous zone, the mind is probably the quickest one to flip an attraction or desire, from hot to cold…. whats the saying? The thing about dead people is they don’t know they’re dead, same goes for stupid people? No offence intended to anyone "

After a quick read it seems I need to read more on the differences and characteristics of saphiophiles and saphiosexuals

By *otNick11Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Maybe she’s not mad on novelty underwear

By *xplicitMan  over a year ago

donegal

…probably a lesbian ..

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I don't understand why people have to label and display everything these days. It normally makes me cringe when I see one of those trendy tags shouting at you: look at me I'm special/a bit different and I know some sophisticated words.

Anyhow the sapiophile is interesting in so far:

If you're intelligent enough to be attracted by intelligence rather than looks why do you need to display it? I would have thought similar minds find each other on a more intellectual level. Then again what would silly me know anyway....

"I don't understand why people have to label and display everything these days. It normally makes me cringe when I see one of those trendy tags shouting at you: look at me I'm special/a bit different and I know some sophisticated words.

If you're intelligent enough to be attracted by intelligence rather than looks why do you need to display it? I would have thought similar minds find each other on a more intellectual level. Then again what would silly me know anyway....

"

Nailed it as usual

I suspect OP, that the person might have inferred "more intelligent" as "more intelligent than her"

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

I don't think there is anything going wrong in finding people who are intellectually challenging (as opposed to intellectually challenged) more attractive.

"- snip -

quite possibly *your* loss, n'est-ce pas?

By *ealmc1973Man  over a year ago

Clare, Tipperary

I love nerdy girls

But I am proudly self-confessed redneck, so have no issues with sapiophiles...

Sorry, what was the topic about?

Maynooth

"- snip -

Her loss and all that but.....was anything in what I said offensive in some way? I don't think it was and I certainly didn't intend to offend but, I thought I would seek the wisdom of the crowd, just to be sure.

quite possibly *your* loss, n'est-ce pas? "

All of France and most of Africa can speak French, not mention a good portion of Asia so, you're not impressing anyone with your linguistics mister!

"I don't understand why people have to label and display everything these days. It normally makes me cringe when I see one of those trendy tags shouting at you: look at me I'm special/a bit different and I know some sophisticated words.

"

Great response plain and simple why can’t people just meet and if they don’t have any thing in common leave on a mutual respect for each other

By *eijaWoman  over a year ago

City Centre

Total sapiophile here.....maybe she didn't understand the question

B x

By *harlie1369Man  over a year ago

Lancashire

I think you probably used too many big words!

» Add a new message to this topic