FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > The perfect salad

The perfect salad

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *og-Man OP   Man  over a year ago

somewhere

We all remember the salads from when we were kids....no exotic ingredients...boiled egg,a slice of ham,a whole tomato,a chunk of cheddar,a scallion and salad cream

We've come a long way since then

Whats your favorite salad. ..what shouldn't be on the plate

Enjoys tonights

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lassy lady 216Woman  over a year ago

Craigavon

Avocado definitely shouldn't be on the plate have to say do love a nice caesear salad plenty of dressing and croutons

By *asual777Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

If it has grilled halloumi cheese then it’s a winner . Quite like colour so a bit of beetroot is good too and some fresh herbs

By *ensualnFunCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Cold rice, hard boiled eggs, tuna, tomatoes, cucumber, corn, black olives and French vinaigrette

Or

Mixed baby leaves, tons of mixed seeds, tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives and thick balsamic vinegar

Definitely NO raw onions nor peppers!!

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple  over a year ago

ireland

Fruit salad ,especially in this weather !

somewhere

Cold rice or cold pasta shouldn't be on a salad plate....they go in the bin or reheated

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Oh the best salad in Cork is in Centra they are in a brown container , it's on a bed of spinach the salmon and chicken is my favourite. For me most restaurants have crap salads mostly leaves.

"Cold rice, hard boiled eggs, tuna, tomatoes, cucumber, corn, black olives and French vinaigrette

Or

Mixed baby leaves, tons of mixed seeds, tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives and thick balsamic vinegar

Definitely NO raw onions nor peppers!!"

Yum and yes no onions or peppers and I don't like potatoe salad or coleslaw either, i love seeds or beetroot, olives , sundried tomatoes instead of regular tomatoes.

Craigavon

No tomatoes but love red onion and peppers can't get enough if them oh a definitely some grilled hallumi infact I bought some yesterday

By *eijaWoman  over a year ago

City Centre

Love Caprese or Nicoise Salad actually a big fan of any type of salad.

Just not a fan of halloumi, tofu or rocket

B x

Caesar salad with chicken for me.

Generally I like chicken, lots of mixed leaves, seeds, croutons, sun-dried tomato, spring or red onion, yellow pepper, julienned carrot, peppadew peppers, potato salad with bacon & chives, pink slaw and a generous dollop of M&S nutty superfood salad.

Never fresh tomato, beetroot or sweetcorn

By *acob12369Man  over a year ago

URPANTS

Love my salad tossed

I'm a friend for pasta salads. Some pesto, grated cheese, spinach and pine nuts. Just delish

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

Bacon avocado salad:

Lettuce, bacon, avocado & Mayo

Sweet potato & rocket salad:

Roasted sweet potato, pan-fried courgette & onions, all cooled down and mixed with rocket leaves, crumbled up feta, squeeze of lemon juice and a generous amount of olive oil and fresh herbs.

Both bloody outstanding,great options for dinner too. We had the rocket one for dinner last night, still not hungry enough to eat breakfast

"Love my salad tossed"

Glad I'm not the only one whose mind is in the gutter!!

By *oulernerMan  over a year ago

Dublin City

Try the following:

3 carrots, grated

1 apple, grated

lemon juice from about half a small lemon

30-50 ml of cream

Just those four ingredients, no salt, no nothing.

Goes great with a lot of meals and keeps well in the fridge to at least the next day!

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

I try to respect food. Too many starving people - isn't that what our parents taught us?

But put beetroot, that bitter red leafed salad, halloumi, cheese, tofu or sun-dried tomatoes in my salad and it's a no thanks from me.

I love avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, sweetcorn. I eat any and all kinds of nuts and seeds. I love adding a bit of fruit to a salad too. I'll eat pasta, potato and couscous salads as well as a good dollop of coleslaw!

I do love a tin of tuna or a boiled egg in a salad - much preferred over other forms of animal protein.

The one and only thing that's been missing to finish off (most) of my salads - Miracle Whip.

F**k them for pulling out of the Irish market!!!

somewhere

"I try to respect food. Too many starving people - isn't that what our parents taught us?

But put beetroot, that bitter red leafed salad, halloumi, cheese, tofu or sun-dried tomatoes in my salad and it's a no thanks from me.

I love avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, sweetcorn. I eat any and all kinds of nuts and seeds. I love adding a bit of fruit to a salad too. I'll eat pasta, potato and couscous salads as well as a good dollop of coleslaw!

I do love a tin of tuna or a boiled egg in a salad - much preferred over other forms of animal protein.

The one and only thing that's been missing to finish off (most) of my salads - Miracle Whip.

"

Is it sold in Northern Ireland ...maybe a fabber travelling down would get you some...so you could once again " go heavy on the miracle Harry "

"We all remember the salads from when we were kids....no exotic ingredients...boiled egg,a slice of ham,a whole tomato,a chunk of cheddar,a scallion and salad cream

We've come a long way since then

Whats your favorite salad. ..what shouldn't be on the plate

Enjoys tonights "

Went with my own version of vintage salad last night

Boiled egg, slice ham, slice turkey, cheese, beetroot and a slice of soda bread.

I will eat pretty much all salads. Have a particular liking anything crunchy whilst almost always disappointed to find some beetroot offered but tend to eat it all the same.

Dublin

"

Is it sold in Northern Ireland ...maybe a fabber travelling down would get you some...so you could once again " go heavy on the miracle Harry " "

Seriously?! If I had have known that I could have made the journey when visiting folks or asked family who go up north for the occasional spree! ...my parents actually used to bring it back from their trips to Germany, car loaded with all the goodies you couldn't get here...

I feel a road trip coming on thanks Bog

Love alfalfa sprouts

Growing them on my windowsill all summer long

somewhere

"

Is it sold in Northern Ireland ...maybe a fabber travelling down would get you some...so you could once again " go heavy on the miracle Harry "

Seriously?! If I had have known that I could have made the journey when visiting folks or asked family who go up north for the occasional spree! ...my parents actually used to bring it back from their trips to Germany, car loaded with all the goodies you couldn't get here...

I feel a road trip coming on thanks Bog "

Just saw lots on sale on Amazon.co.uk

I would normally suggest cucumber but as I just seen a pic of a guy using a hollowed out cucumber I'll pass

Dublin

"I would normally suggest cucumber but as I just seen a pic of a guy using a hollowed out cucumber I'll pass"

The memory will fade

By *ildGroverMan  over a year ago

rathfarnham

Made a lovely feta, broc and hazelnut salad recently.

Dressing was sumple enough but it was very popular..

I am nostalgic for the hard boiled egg, hang, lettuce and tomato in a baguette...

By *ofistimacatedMan  over a year ago

cavan town

"Oh the best salad in Cork is in Centra they are in a brown container , it's on a bed of spinach the salmon and chicken is my favourite. For me most restaurants have crap salads mostly leaves. "

They are nice, I had the cesar salad one yesterday with a certain female friend in the park, though she was more interested in the dog treats herself

By *ofistimacatedMan  over a year ago

cavan town

Though my favourite salad is the one served with a side of fillet steak and pepper sauce

I like food

By *OCONO5Couple  over a year ago

Sensual Center

Ham salad..red onions...iceberg lettuce...sweet pepper....cucumber...gratted carrots and red sauce..yummy

By *ast_jjMan  over a year ago

Dublin and London

"I try to respect food. Too many starving people - isn't that what our parents taught us?

"

Oh lord Miracle Whip... that brings back memories.

Craigavon

What is miracle whip never heard of it but if someone lets me know I will happily bring some next time I'm down south

Dublin

"What is miracle whip never heard of it but if someone lets me know I will happily bring some next time I'm down south "

It's a brand of mayonnaise.

You're very kind to offer but I reckon I have it sorted through family

By *he SophisticatsCouple  over a year ago

York

"Cold rice, hard boiled eggs, tuna, tomatoes, cucumber, corn, black olives and French vinaigrette

Or

Definitely NO raw onions nor peppers!!"

Mmmm yesssssss…. All of the above!!

Large handful of baby spinich leaves as a base, some low fat salad cream on top then small portion of egg noodles, tin of tuna or chopped boiled eggs more salad cream on top, some chopped cucumber and 2 chopped tomatoes on top more salad cream

That's my perfect salad

"

Large handful of baby spinich leaves as a base, some low fat salad cream on top then small portion of egg noodles, tin of tuna or chopped boiled eggs more salad cream on top, some chopped cucumber and 2 chopped tomatoes on top more salad cream

That's my perfect salad "

Sounds really nice minus three lots of salad cream.

"

That's my perfect salad

Sounds really nice minus three lots of salad cream. "

Low fat salad cream I've been eating this for a month and have lost a stone already

By *eijaWoman  over a year ago

City Centre

"I would normally suggest cucumber but as I just seen a pic of a guy using a hollowed out cucumber I'll pass"

WHAT that's a new one lol

B x

» Add a new message to this topic