FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > fed up

fed up

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

and out a fortune the husky won,t eat i set her down different foods and she pushes the bowl around the floor and dips her nose in and out about ten times i think she has ocd lol she,s been to the vets and got a clear bill of health, have googled it and it says to try them on BARF which is raw meats i wud,nt be keen on that anyone have a husky with the same problems lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *penyoureyes2722Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

Could she just be fussy. My last dog was like that. Dog food didn't do it for her but give her a bowl of human food and she licked it clean.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i would maybe google it ty, even look for husky websites see if others have same prob hope u get sorted nothing worse than s dog not eating xxxxxx

Yep, I've a Husky, same kinda problems lately too!

She just looks and walks away,

Have had to tease her with tuna, then mix it in with her food before she eats it.

Having said that, her appetite seems fine, she's well able to jump up and eat my dinner from the table when my back is turned!! Fooker

By *arveygirthycockMan  over a year ago

Belfast

If there is nothing wrong with the dog, as the vet has said, THEN tough love is my advise. Put the food down for 15 minutes, if it ain't ate pick it up put it away and try at the same time the nxt day.. For 15 minutes.. Then repeat if nessasary. Do NOT give in.. Remember it is an animal, a dog, and should be treated as such.. If you spoil it to much and pander to it it will run rings round you and you will have a temper tantrum throwing problem dog on your hands!! It will want a duvet, tucked in and a bedtime story nxt....

"If there is nothing wrong with the dog, as the vet has said, THEN tough love is my advise. Put the food down for 15 minutes, if it ain't ate pick it up put it away and try at the same time the nxt day.. For 15 minutes.. Then repeat if nessasary. Do NOT give in.. Remember it is an animal, a dog, and should be treated as such.. If you spoil it to much and pander to it it will run rings round you and you will have a temper tantrum throwing problem dog on your hands!! It will want a duvet, tucked in and a bedtime story nxt...."

I totally agree. No dog has ever starved to death when food is available.

One of my 5 was a fussy eater when she was very young,,,it was a nightmare just when I needed her to put weight on she wouldn't eat. She soon started eating when we stopped pandering, stopped the treats & within 3 days was wolfing down her food.

She's 8 now & turned out fantastic great mum & show girl who eats everything. She loves salad & fruit!!

Good luck she's get there xx

Hey, my Fellow is the Same.

i give him dryfood only, better for teeth.

but i Top it with Olive-Oil or Mix a raw egg into it.

always Works and benefit, Coat is soft and shiny.

ciao

"Could she just be fussy. My last dog was like that. Dog food didn't do it for her but give her a bowl of human food and she licked it clean. "

fussy isn,t the word she near had my head away over wknd was like a pet food shop in the kitchen and they say kids are hard work lol

"i would maybe google it ty, even look for husky websites see if others have same prob hope u get sorted nothing worse than s dog not eating xxxxxx"

breaks my heart when she won,t eat lol thanks hun xxxxxx

"Yep, I've a Husky, same kinda problems lately too!

She just looks and walks away,

Have had to tease her with tuna, then mix it in with her food before she eats it.

Having said that, her appetite seems fine, she's well able to jump up and eat my dinner from the table when my back is turned!! Fooker

"

never tried the tuna before although i have read they do like strong smellin food one to try i suppose hopefully princess will like it lol oh aye no bother swipin a sandwhich of the plate lol

"If there is nothing wrong with the dog, as the vet has said, THEN tough love is my advise. Put the food down for 15 minutes, if it ain't ate pick it up put it away and try at the same time the nxt day.. For 15 minutes.. Then repeat if nessasary. Do NOT give in.. Remember it is an animal, a dog, and should be treated as such.. If you spoil it to much and pander to it it will run rings round you and you will have a temper tantrum throwing problem dog on your hands!! It will want a duvet, tucked in and a bedtime story nxt...."

thing is i hate the thought of showin tough love to her with those brown/blue eyes lookin at me like puss in boots in shrek she already has a duvet was thinkin on gettin her a nite light lol but i know what your sayin probably my own fault

Sprinkle some grated cheese ontop of the food in the bowl had the same problem with my husky. Is it a bitch?she could be in heat husky bitches are very peculiar animals when in heat..

"Sprinkle some grated cheese ontop of the food in the bowl had the same problem with my husky. Is it a bitch?she could be in heat husky bitches are very peculiar animals when in heat.. "

think she might be comin into heat as its been a while since her last one , yea she,s a female i,m the only bitch in this house haha ! thanks will try the cheese as well can,t hurt tried everything else

"If there is nothing wrong with the dog, as the vet has said, THEN tough love is my advise. Put the food down for 15 minutes, if it ain't ate pick it up put it away and try at the same time the nxt day.. For 15 minutes.. Then repeat if nessasary. Do NOT give in.. Remember it is an animal, a dog, and should be treated as such.. If you spoil it to much and pander to it it will run rings round you and you will have a temper tantrum throwing problem dog on your hands!! It will want a duvet, tucked in and a bedtime story nxt....

I totally agree. No dog has ever starved to death when food is available.

One of my 5 was a fussy eater when she was very young,,,it was a nightmare just when I needed her to put weight on she wouldn't eat. She soon started eating when we stopped pandering, stopped the treats & within 3 days was wolfing down her food.

She's 8 now & turned out fantastic great mum & show girl who eats everything. She loves salad & fruit!!

Good luck she's get there xx "

thanks

The dog is talking the piss...spoiled! Dogs get treated like humans so start acting like them ie a child who does not want to eat its veg

Do not add cheese, chicken whatever else to his/her food. What you set down for them is what they are eating...if the dog chooses not to eat the food lift the dish after 20 mins.

As the days will pass the dog will becaome hungry..they are smart will soon realize the dish will be lifted

good luck

"The dog is talking the piss...spoiled! Dogs get treated like humans so start acting like them ie a child who does not want to eat its veg

Do not add cheese, chicken whatever else to his/her food. What you set down for them is what they are eating...if the dog chooses not to eat the food lift the dish after 20 mins.

As the days will pass the dog will becaome hungry..they are smart will soon realize the dish will be lifted

good luck"

oopsie i went to shop earlier and bought her a pack of cooked chicken and she wolfed it down lol ! new start tomorrow to see how i get on gotta be tough haha cheers

By *hrisboobymanMan  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

Yep tough love is the only answer. My dog was like that sometimes and it was the only approach that worked.

Mind you, was very hard to resist when those big brown sad eyes were looking up at you!

"Yep tough love is the only answer. My dog was like that sometimes and it was the only approach that worked.

Mind you, was very hard to resist when those big brown sad eyes were looking up at you!"

but i can,t seem to give the tough love after a few hrs i,m temptin her with something cause i feel she,s hungry just can,t help it lol

aw i know them big sad eyes lookin bk at ya melts your heart chris haha bit like you hehe

wee update she just ate a full bowl of her own food overrrrrrrrrr the moon smiley happy face today nothin will bring me down today wohooooooooo lol

» Add a new message to this topic